Grilling Thread

140,952 Views | 1158 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Seawolf2010
Bell Tower Grey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ncsupack1 said:

Probably gonna grill wings today for the race. Wow...what a beautiful day...just standing outside with coffee in hand.
I got bone in pork chops from the butcher yesterday. Good day to light the grill.
ncsupack1
Agree.
Bell Tower Grey
Had to bump. Seeing the post count at 666 was giving me the creeps.....
ncsupack1
Well, change of plan....ribeye tonight...Jack is flowing...good race so far.
Bell Tower Grey
Pleased with how they turned out. Injected, sprinkled with rub then set with sauce.
Sides of salad, cheddar and broccoli rice and rolls. 46 kicker.
I grill quite a bit year round, but so happy to have a nice sunny, warm weekend to kick off 2021.

Everpack
Reverse sear tomahawks on the Pitt Boss. Food coma, engage.
Tootie4Pack
Wow. Both of the previous two entrees look delicious.
ncsupack1
Those look good.
James Henderson
Staff
Throwing two porterhouse steaks on the Pellet grill today. Hook me up with a plan!
Everpack
Healthy amount of Traeger's Coffee Rub, cook as low of temperature as your pellet grill will allow until IT hits 120, pull off and wrap with tinfoil. Crank grill up as hot as it will go and give it a couple minutes to get the grates red hot, sear each side for about a minute, preferably on open flame. Let rest for 10 minutes covered in foil. Unbutton pants.
James Henderson
Staff
Everpack said:

Healthy amount of Traeger's Coffee Rub, cook as low of temperature as your pellet grill will allow until IT hits 120, pull off and wrap with tinfoil. Crank grill up as hot as it will go and give it a couple minutes to get the grates red hot, sear each side for about a minute, preferably on open flame. Let rest for 10 minutes covered in foil. Unbutton pants.
How long does that first low temp run? I could run it at 200.
ncsupack1
James Henderson said:

Throwing two porterhouse steaks on the Pellet grill today. Hook me up with a plan!

Sounds good, good luck.
Mormad
I love my BGE, but I saw a traeger at Costco and it looked pretty cool. Turn the knob, no fuss, turn it off at the end. Now i want one. Any of you guys have an opinion about these pellet grills?
FlossyDFlynt
Doing Spiedie chicken tonight. It was introduced to me by a friend and its a really good way to do chicken.
Everpack
I've had my Pit Boss for a little over two years and I love it. They're versatility is amazing. I strongly encourage anyone to get one if they enjoy grilling and are interested in slow smoking. It's sort of like an easy bake oven for adults.
packwest
Mormad said:

I love my BGE, but I saw a traeger at Costco and it looked pretty cool. Turn the knob, no fuss, turn it off at the end. Now i want one. Any of you guys have an opinion about these pellet grills?
Was given a Rec Tec as a gift a few years back. Great grill; have no complaints.
ncsupack1
Mormad said:

Don't know much about them. I love my Weber Smoker.
Bell Tower Grey
Mormad said:

I'm headed to Grillbillies in Wendell tomorrow to pick up a few things, and plan to look at smokers. Not sure that I'll buy anything unless I'm totally blown away by one of the pits I see. Last time I was there I looked at a PK grill to compare to my Weber, and have decided to buy another Weber kettle.

Right now, I use my Weber 22 kettle grill and either an A-maze-n smoker smoke stick (pellet loaded for up to 4 hours), or invert my vortex and snake lump charcoal sprinkled with pellets around the outside of the vortex.

As an old guy that enjoys having simplified my life, these things work for me. I make good food that my family and friends enjoy. The time I spend outside watching and tending to that, with my dog and a little bourbon as company, I can't put a price on....

Good luck with your choice, and please report back with how you like your new toy.
ncsupack1
Today is bbq chicken on the Weber for tonight. The Mrs, is picking the sides.
Mormad
So i didn't buy the pellet smoker, but i bought this 5 piece expander for the egg instead. Gonna do BTG's bourbon pork loin on the top rack, veggies on the cast iron, and roasted stuffed jalepenos on the lower rack while i enjoy some brown adult beverage
FlossyDFlynt
Mormad said:

So i didn't buy the pellet smoker, but i bought this 5 piece expander for the egg instead. Gonna do BTG's bourbon pork loin on the top rack, veggies on the cast iron, and roasted stuffed jalepenos on the lower rack while i enjoy some brown adult beverage

Can I ask where you got this? I have most of it, but would LOVE to find the cast iron insert
Mormad
Fleet plummer in Gbo
FlossyDFlynt
Mormad said:

Fleet plummer in Gbo
Grazie. Been browsing around, think I can find one. Always on the market for a new grill accessory
Mormad

Tri-level grillin, baby
Mormad
Hongry??
ncsupack1
Looks good.
Bell Tower Grey
Grilled chicken breasts, thighs and legs this evening and used a maple sriracha glaze. I will definitely put this into the rotation. Some of the best chicken I've fixed in a while. Sides of grilled sweet potatoes and sweet corn. Chicken recipe came from Steve Raichlen.

Mormad
That yard bird looks fantastic, brother
Bell Tower Grey
Mormad said:

That yard bird looks fantastic, brother
Thank you.

How was the pork?
Mormad
Really nice flavor
ncsupack1
Looks good!
ncsupack1
Happy Saturday morning! Having coffee this am, and gonna hit up the store for some burgers later. The wife is gonna make her homemade fries. Beer in hand as usual.
Mormad
Put on this 4 lb brisket at 8:45. Spend the day on the patio with my dawg and my bourbon with some 80s reloaded on Pandora. I already smell like smoke.

ncsupack1
Looking good.
Mormad
Thank you! It's resting wrapped in the wolfpack yeti. Wife gonna do Mac and cheese and a strawberry salad. Butcher gave us a bottle of red to go with it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.