Grilling Thread

140,989 Views | 1158 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Seawolf2010
ncsupack1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Steaks turned out good last night. Working on today's menu.
JocoPack
Helping dad do our first prime rib tonight. Stay tuned.
Bell Tower Grey
JocoPack said:

Helping dad do our first prime rib tonight. Stay tuned.
Y'all cooking it in rock salt? Looking forward to your report.

We're at EI for a week or so for anniversary. I grilled some wings last night. Gonna see what ocean bounty I might find today that I will fix tonight.
JocoPack
Yeah we've got some salt ready. It's a recipe my dad found somewhere online.

The wife introduced me to the Publix in EI a couple weekends ago, pretty neat store, though I'm partial to the Lowe's foods in Carteret. If you want some great fish and some of the best margaritas I've ever had check out the FishHut Grill
JocoPack
Got a tad bit overdone to my liking but worked out well. The kids really enjoyed it and the wife made some killer homemade horseradish.
metcalfmafia
Looks awesome to me!
Tootie4Pack
metcalfmafia said:

Looks awesome to me!

I'll second that comment !
ncsupack1
That looks great!
TheStorm
ncsupack1 said:

That looks great!
Yeah boy, does it ever!

How much did that bad boy set you back Joco?
JocoPack
$140 for 7.12lb. Definitely not an every weekend thing but it fed 6 adults and 2 kids
FlossyDFlynt
Finally got the new grill set up and did waygu burgers as a first cook. Turned out excellent

Bell Tower Grey
JocoPack said:

Yeah we've got some salt ready. It's a recipe my dad found somewhere online.

The wife introduced me to the Publix in EI a couple weekends ago, pretty neat store, though I'm partial to the Lowe's foods in Carteret. If you want some great fish and some of the best margaritas I've ever had check out the FishHut Grill
we found the Publix. You're right, neat store. Will also check out Lowes. Your prime rib looked great. Good job.
ncsupack1
This nice crispy air has got me think of smoking something this weekend. Just not sure what yet.
FlossyDFlynt
ncsupack1 said:

This nice crispy air has got me think of smoking something this weekend. Just not sure what yet.
In this boat as well. Leaning towards some pepper stout beef, but havent fully decided yet
Tootie4Pack
ncsupack1 said:

What I hope we all are smoking this weekend around 11:00 pm Saturday night.
TheStorm
^ I thought you might be going all "amphibious" on us there for a second, before I scrolled down to the picture...
Tootie4Pack
TheStorm said:

^ I thought you might be going all "amphibious" on us there for a second, before I scrolled down to the picture...

A Hannibal Smith " I love it when a plan comes together" victory cigar will do just fine.

Go Pack !!
Bell Tower Grey
Had ayce steamed oysters at T&W oyster bar Monday night; may have to do that again tomorrow night. Good size, great flavor. The gal shucking said they ordered 5500 lbs for last week and ran out early Saturday. She said they ordered 7500 lbs for this week and aren't sure they will have enough this week. Right now they are coming out of Texas.

I fixed sheepshead (dusted with Cajun seasoning and fried) tacos for lunch today, then grilled some shrimp and scallops for homemade pizza tonight.

This coastal living, sans storms, could become a habit.
ncsupack1
Gonna smoke a shoulder tomorrow. Tonight, it's pork chops on the grill.
FlossyDFlynt
Steak tonight

Pepper beef stout with potato salad tomorrow
JocoPack
Bell Tower Grey said:

Had ayce steamed oysters at T&W oyster bar Monday night; may have to do that again tomorrow night. Good size, great flavor. The gal shucking said they ordered 5500 lbs for last week and ran out early Saturday. She said they ordered 7500 lbs for this week and aren't sure they will have enough this week. Right now they are coming out of Texas.

I fixed sheepshead (dusted with Cajun seasoning and fried) tacos for lunch today, then grilled some shrimp and scallops for homemade pizza tonight.

Glad y'all are having a good time BTG. T&W is where it's at. Forgot to mention to you earlier but if you get a chance check out Gaffer's in EI. Folks that own it are good friends of mine and they moved their restaurant from Ocracoke this year. Diverse menu and everything is good. It gets packed though so go early or be ready to wait if you try it.
ncsupack1
Shoulder is on the Weber. Gonna hang outside today and do nothing..
Bell Tower Grey
JocoPack said:

Bell Tower Grey said:

Glad y'all are having a good time BTG. T&W is where it's at. Forgot to mention to you earlier but if you get a chance check out Gaffer's in EI. Folks that own it are good friends of mine and they moved their restaurant from Ocracoke this year. Diverse menu and everything is good. It gets packed though so go early or be ready to wait if you try it.
Thanks, JoCo. Have Fish Hut Grill on the radar. Mrs. BTG's roommate from Meredith had told her about the place not too long ago - she's a "foodie" and loves the place.

Is Gaffer's owned by the same folks that have Finz and Snapperz? If so, I'll give it a try, but I'm not a fan of either of F or S.
JocoPack
No sir. Gaffers was a stand alone restaurant in Ocracoke for a few years. They got tired of having to rebuild after every storm there and relocated to EI. Owners are really good people.

Fish Hut has become one of my all-time favorite spots Atmosphere is great and I've never had a bad thing from there.
FlossyDFlynt
First slow cook on the new grill and it turned put excellent
TheStorm
^ Looks delicious... extra points for plate presentation... (token deduction for picture quality)
Tootie4Pack
That looks mighty good. But where is the plate dressing...you know, some parsley or a slice of tomato or a slice of an orange...you know, to give the plate some balance and some color?

Just kidding, that plate looks delicious and pretty dog gone balanced to me. And enough room for seconds, too !
Bell Tower Grey
Pretty work, Flossy. Glad you got the new unit broke in before Thanksgiving.
FlossyDFlynt
TheStorm said:

^ Looks delicious... extra points for plate presentation... (token deduction for picture quality)
The picture was about as blurry as my vision at that point in the night
JocoPack
Damn that looks mighty fine flossy!
Tootie4Pack
Grilled the turkey this morning. Having daughter and son in law join us tonight. Just our kids and SiL.

Grilled on Holland Grill. Just olive oil and salt and pepper and some kosher salt. Mighty tasty.
Bell Tower Grey
Put some "state fair size" turkey legs on the smoker this morning, so I'd have something to snack on.

Tootie4Pack
That bowl full of turkey wings ought to at least last you thru the first half of a football game.

With a couple of Sister Schubert's rolls, too.
Bell Tower Grey
Tootie4Pack said:

That bowl full of turkey wings ought to at least last you thru the first half of a football game.

With a couple of Sister Schubert's rolls, too.
True...I'm subbing Mrs. BTG's homemade yeast rolls though instead of SS. Her's are pretty good too.
ncsupack1
Bell Tower Grey said:

Put some "state fair size" turkey legs on the smoker this morning, so I'd have something to snack on.

Mind if I ask you were you got those bad boys? Look great.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.