Grilling Thread

139,444 Views | 1158 Replies | Last: 10 days ago by Seawolf2010
Bell Tower Grey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
packgrad said:

The KJ put in work this weekend. Butt and Chuck roast Friday night overnight. Butt was for my BIL's people. Chuck roast was for us. Ate with chimichurri. Sunday morning ribs and chicken wings. Good eats.

Outdamnstanding, brother!
Bell Tower Grey
Had the butcher cut me two 1.5" bone in chops today. Came home and started throwing ingredients for sauce into a pot on the stove. Used some brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, kosher salt, fresh cracked black pepper, ketchup, sriracha, cola, lemon juice and a stick of unsalted butter. Let it simmer on low for most of the afternoon, stirring occasionally. Put the chops over a water pan, with charcoal and hickory chips offset, then basted the chops the last 20 minutes, turning them every 5 minutes or so. We were pleased with the results. This is just before I pulled them off the grill.

Bell Tower Grey
Was in the butcher shop a couple of weeks ago, and this (along with its twin) was in the meat case. Didn't pull the trigger at that time. However, I'm headed back over there in a while to see if there might be a couple more just waiting to meet my grill this weekend. Sadly, there were no hog heads.

SexualChocolate
First time cooking Smash Burgers with Onions on the Blackstone. Turned out great. Love my Blackstone.
packgrad
SexualChocolate said:

First time cooking Smash Burgers with Onions on the Blackstone. Turned out great. Love my Blackstone.
I made some of those on my cast iron griddle that I put on my Kamado Joe last week for the first time. They were awesome.

I have a Blackstone I take tailgating. Need to take the cover off and check the seasoning on the griddle. Been a while since that bad boy has seen daylight.

Smoking some Hawaiian style babybacks tonight on the KJ.
packgrad
Huli Huli Ribs. Good stuff. Will enter the rotation.
Bell Tower Grey
Got some skin on chicken breasts that I brined overnight in kosher salt, black pepper and texas pete dust. They're drying on a rack now, before going over the charcoal. Gonna throw a small amount of sugar maple over the coals for a little different twist. Timing it so they will be ready by game time.
Bell Tower Grey
Bell Tower Grey said:

Got some skin on chicken breasts that I brined overnight in kosher salt, black pepper and texas pete dust. They're drying on a rack now, before going over the charcoal. Gonna throw a small amount of sugar maple over the coals for a little different twist. Timing it so they will be ready by game time.

Everyone was pleased in how they turned out. I have no complaints either.
hokiewolf
Dry brine I assume?
Originator of the Tony Adams Scale
Bell Tower Grey
hokiewolf said:

Dry brine I assume?
Kosher salt, cracked black pepper and texas pete dust in just enough water to cover them in a zip lock bag.
packgrad
Looks delicious BTG.
Bell Tower Grey
Grilled yellowfin, caught off Oregon Inlet on Thursday. NC shrimp, grilled. Homemade ciabatta bread. Salad. Smoked Whisky Smash. Mrs. BTG did a great job with the marinades for both the tuna and shrimp; and more than earned her keep as bartender this afternoon / evening.

Happy Independence Day weekend, friends. Stay safe, and Cheers!
Whitetailpack
Bell Tower Grey said:

Grilled yellowfin, caught off Oregon Inlet on Thursday. NC shrimp, grilled. Homemade ciabatta bread. Salad. Smoked Whisky Smash. Mrs. BTG did a great job with the marinades for both the tuna and shrimp; and more than earned her keep as bartender this afternoon / evening.

Happy Independence Day weekend, friends. Stay safe, and Cheers!

Looks excellent!
ncsupack1
Gonna have people over tomorrow. Stopped by my local butcher and got a bunch of brisket burgers.
OneOpinion
Scored a good deal on some prime NY Strip.
Bell Tower Grey
OneOpinion said:

Scored a good deal on some prime NY Strip.

Not a big ny strip fan, but those look great.
ncsupack1
Wife made some fried chicken last night with cream potatoes and steamed broccoli. Today, we are having family over, so it's the brisket burgers, corn, and baked beans...all to be done on the grill. Beer will be had as well.
ncsupack1
Cleaned up the boat, been three months since I've been out, changed the wife's oil. Now I'm cleaned up and about to watch some racing today and throw burgers on the Weber later with homemade fries. Beer about to beginCheerscan't wait to go fishing tomorrow.
packgrad
The butt is on.

ncsupack1
Looks good. Let us know how it turns out.
TheStorm
ncsupack1 said:

Cleaned up the boat, been three months since I've been out, changed the wife's oil. Now I'm cleaned up and about to watch some racing today and throw burgers on the Weber later with homemade fries. Beer about to beginCheerscan't wait to go fishing tomorrow.
I had to read this a couple of times, before I *think* I understood the context...
TheStorm
packgrad said:

The butt is on.

Oh?!? Hell yeah... can't wait to see this...
packgrad
It unfortunately came apart a bit when I pulled the paper off. ''Twas quite good. Everybody enjoyed it.
ncsupack1
Ha...the oil change was for the Explorer. It's race day, gonna throw some nice chicken on the Weber later. Sides are still up in the air. Hopefully the Mrs. brings something good.
Bell Tower Grey
We are having teriyaki pork kabobs tonight. Mrs. picked up a small pork loin after church. I've got it in the freezer now and will cube it up in an hour or so. Got tomatoes, peppers and onions from our garden to pair with the pork.

Just finished cleaning the grill and charcoal bin, and the chimney is loaded and ready to light. Beer is in a rock salt ice bath.
Bell Tower Grey

Had the kabobs. Added corn and peppers only. Brushed with a soy dressing, rice vinegar, olive oil, peppercorns and sliced lemon. Had some of the corn pasta salad from last night and added cukes, more tomatoes, red onion and feta cheese.

Also roasted these poblano peppers for later this week

TheStorm
^ Where exactly did you say your tailgating parking spot was again?!?
Tootie4Pack
I have mentioned this before and will mention it again. Whenever we have an IPS get together, got to get BTG and some of the other wonderful cooks and chefs to bring their grills and grill up some of this delicious food.

With a passing of the plate to defer their expenses.
TheStorm
Tootie4Pack said:

With a passing of the plate to defer their expenses.
Heck, I would send my payments in advance based on what I've seen here... showed the kabob's to my wife this morning and her first comment was "are you kidding me?" She thought they were incredible.
ncsupack1
Well today is ribeye. Tomorrow will start a shoulder early. Been awhile since I've done one.
Steve Videtich
Some blackened chicken with a side of garlic sauted broccoli, to start the week. Go Pack!
Cthepack
No pictures (sorry) but the last couple of times I have done steaks on the egg I have done the reverse sear. Had done it before but smoked them a bit the last two times. They came out amazing. Anyone else do reverse sear with or without smoke?
FlossyDFlynt
Steve Videtich said:

Some blackened chicken with a side of garlic sauted broccoli, to start the week. Go Pack!

Got a recipe for the blackening seasoning?
Steve Videtich
FlossyDFlynt said:

Steve Videtich said:

Got a recipe for the blackening seasoning?

Yes!

FlossyDFlynt
Nice. Ive been using Phillips Blackening seasoning, which I like, but those looked real good

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.