Improvements at Doak Field (04/18/2024 Doak 2.0) $20MM approved by BOG

191,840 Views | 1061 Replies | Last: 7 days ago by wilmwolf
metcalfmafia
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wolfer79 said:

How about this?

An anonymous donor donated $60M for @BinghamtonBASE to build a new ballpark. That's incredible.

https://t.co/h4j3d44Q2T

I tried to do that, but the check bounced.
Wlfpackamk
Wolfer79 said:

How about this?

An anonymous donor donated $60M for @BinghamtonBASE to build a new ballpark. That's incredible.

https://t.co/h4j3d44Q2T

People may laugh but this is what it takes. You want a new ballpark, go find this guy/lady.
Wolfer79
metcalfmafia
Wolfer79 said:

We're still waiting on all of those holding back their money because of DY LOL
Pakbackr
Wow...really excited to hear the assessment is officially underway!
Colonel Armstrong
Cool to see. Where's the survey?
Pakbackr
King Leary said:

The survey link came to me directly, perhaps because I am a season ticket holder to baseball...IDK. I don't think it is something I can post on here.
metcalfmafia
I received one too as a season ticket holder.

It was really exciting to fill out. I'm glad they're exploring a ton of options to renovate.
TraCha4
I feel like he needs to clear his throat when he talks.
JCooke93
Pakbackr said:

King Leary said:

The survey link came to me directly, perhaps because I am a season ticket holder to baseball...IDK. I don't think it is something I can post on here.
I am a season Ticket holder I didn't get it
78wilsonpack
Yep, I got it too.
It was emailed and I assumed it was to season ticket holders
dmelvin
The survey was emailed to me also . I am not a season ticket holder .
Dmelvin
Pakbackr
I just completed the survey - it is quite comprehensive and covered a lot of possible stadium additions I'd never actually thought about such as premium padded seating sections, private boxes, sunken field level seats, outfield seating with 360 stadium access, terrace tables, suites, and climate controlled membership clubs. In every case that I expressed interest, I was asked if I was willing to pay $XX/per game ticket. The possibility of upper deck sections and covered seating areas was mentioned. No survey questions pertained to player amenities, although I think those would be assumed.

IMHO, the primary focus of this survey is 'we could do a lot of things, but how much are you willing to pay?'

So, for everyone who has said that Doak is a dump and our program deserves better (me included), get your wallets out! But we all knew this, right?
metcalfmafia
Pakbackr said:

I just completed the survey - it is quite comprehensive and covered a lot of possible stadium additions I'd never actually thought about such as premium padded seating sections, private boxes, sunken field level seats, outfield seating with 360 stadium access, terrace tables, suites, and climate controlled membership clubs. In every case that I expressed interest, I was asked if I was willing to pay $XX/per game ticket. The possibility of upper deck sections and covered seating areas was mentioned. No survey questions pertained to player amenities, although I think those would be assumed.

IMHO, the primary focus of this survey is 'we could do a lot of things, but how much are you willing to pay?'

So, for everyone who has said that Doak is a dump and our program deserves better (me included), get your wallets out! But we all knew this, right?
I personally would voluntarily pay more for my season tickets if the stadium was nicer.

My favorite part was the 360 terrace and outfield seating. I just think outfield seating makes a ballpark look cooler. Also covering over the seats is a must.
JCooke93
I would love to see it
89_Grad
In filling it out, my theme was "build the things we need to recruit right now (player amenities), but until Avent or his successor starts bringing home some hardware, I don't think the level of excitement is there for the fanbase to shell out for major fan amenity upgrades". I like the premium seating option approach, but, based on level of attendance I see for all except the ECU and UNC ganes every year, I don't think they are going to get the financial commitments they are looking for. And the only way to expand the fanbase of diehard baseball fans is to win at a level bigger than we are right now.

Just don't see how this notoriously parsimonious and fair weather fanbase is going to support $3000/year luxury boxes and the like when we are averaging, what, 500 people for these midweek games in February?
Wlfpackamk
89_Grad said:

In filling it out, my theme was "build the things we need to recruit right now (player amenities), but until Avent or his successor starts bringing home some hardware, I don't think the level of excitement is there for the fanbase to shell out for major fan amenity upgrades". I like the premium seating option approach, but, based on level of attendance I see for all except the ECU and UNC ganes every year, I don't think they are going to get the financial commitments they are looking for. And the only way to expand the fanbase of diehard baseball fans is to win at a level bigger than we are right now.

Just don't see how this notoriously parsimonious and fair weather fanbase is going to support $3000/year luxury boxes and the like when we are averaging, what, 500 people for these midweek games in February?
So not more seats but nicer seats...but not too nice.

Also, anything a player would like.
TraCha4
JCooke93
I can't believe I haven't gotten that email or come with Our season Tickets that is strange
EthanBarry
Staff
89_Grad said:

Definitely agree about player amenities but attendance isn't an issue just at State, it's at every school outside of handful of SEC schools. Go look at Florida, Vandy or louisville. Those schools are juggernauts and nobody goes to a game until April. A brand new ballpark will boost attendance for a couple years and should boost recruiting (which has already been boosted the last three years or so) and then it translates into winning and more fan support
Pakbackr
I don't think we have an attendance issue. Between cold weather and afternoon weekday start times, getting people in the ball park is always gonna be tough in February...no matter how nice the ball park is. As the weather warms and we have more night games, attendance is going to increase...certainly reaching capacity several times. The challenge as the weather warms becomes the day games and the intense heat with no shade protection. I have had skin cancer before and I cannot and will not sit out in the blazing sun for a Sunday afternoon game ever again. I understand the survey questions and the focus on revenue generating seating options, but give me some shade and I am a happy camper and will be there every Sunday afternoon!
89_Grad
Pakbackr said:

I don't think we have an attendance issue. Between cold weather and afternoon weekday start times, getting people in the ball park is always gonna be tough in February...no matter how nice the ball park is. As the weather warms and we have more night games, attendance is going to increase...certainly reaching capacity several times. The challenge as the weather warms becomes the day games and the intense heat with no shade protection. I have had skin cancer before and I cannot and will not sit out in the blazing sun for a Sunday afternoon game ever again. I understand the survey questions and the focus on revenue generating seating options, but give me some shade and I am a happy camper and will be there every Sunday afternoon!
Of course the design challenge is, if you build a huge shady grandstand, everyone freezes their ass off for two thirds of the season. Wonder if there is a way with louvers or baffles to design something that keeps out the May sun, but allows in the February/March sun...
JCooke93
I just found my email to do the survey
JCooke93
Now would be a perfect time to Upgrade The Doak or Build A New Ballpark Just Saying
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Pakbackr
Wolfer79 said:

That is a great looking park!
Wolfer79
a chance to compare Doak Field at Dail Park with other college baseball stadiums

Wolfer79
PackBacker07
Wolfer79 said:

Just came here to post this. Incredible.
Pakbackr
PackBacker07 said:

Wolfer79 said:

Just came here to post this. Incredible.
Honestly, there aren't many things that would make me want to step foot in Arkansas...but this is one of them. Quite impressive facility! I think it has EVERYTHING that was mentioned in the survey sent to us earlier this year as options for Doak upgrades.
TraCha4
That is incredible. Very impressive
Wolfer79
JCooke93
Now would be a great time to be upgrading the Doak or Building a new ballpark near the golf course farmers market just saying
89_Grad
JCooke93 said:

Now would be a great time to be upgrading the Doak or Building a new ballpark near the golf course farmers market just saying
I was told many years ago that Neuse buffer rules would make siting any kind of stadium on Centennial Campus cost prohibitive. The entire campus is riddled with small streams.
A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.