Improvements at Doak Field (04/18/2024 Doak 2.0) $20MM approved by BOG

195,378 Views | 1065 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by JCooke93
Pakbackr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The renovated Tennessee stadium is going to be awesome! https://www.tennesseefund.org/newlindseynelsonstadium/

But check out the prices of some of the seating options? That would require NC State baseball tap into a fanbase that I don't even know exists.
Pakbackr
Anyone with inside info on when the next round of renovations will actually start at Doak?
metcalfmafia
Looks like we're hiring students? Maybe for the pitching lab? You have to have an ncsu.edu address to view.

JCooke93
That's what I am thinking
ClePack
Apply to join NC State Baseball!

We are looking to expand our student-run analytics team for the upcoming 2023/2024 Fall and Spring seasons. You must be a current student at NC State to apply.

There are multiple open roles the Student Analytics & Reporting team is looking to fill. There are roles for everyone ranging from highly technical roles to non-technical roles with an array of opportunities. Some opportunities include but are not limited to:
  • Ability to work in a Cloud-based environment with Google Cloud Platform (highly sought out experience by employers)
  • Exposure to player and ball tracking data at the college level that is not readily available to the general public
  • Project and stakeholder management through constructing, managing and delivering on requirements
  • Programming projects in SQL, Python & R that can separate you from other applicants in internship and full-time job markets
  • Creating data-driven scouting reports
  • Behind-the-scenes insights on a Power 5 baseball program who secured a "Final Four" spot in Omaha in the 2021 season
You can expect <= 5 hours of work per week with the exception of the ACC and NCAA Tournaments. Below are the roles and general responsibilities :

Data Engineer (2 openings)
  • Develop, automate and maintain data pipelines with external sources such as Trackman FTP portal within Google Cloud Platform using Python.
  • Manage table transformations and exports using Python or SQL
  • Perform Quality Assurance activities to ensure code is reliable
  • Create clear documentation on your code and data flow diagrams
Reporting Analyst (3-4 openings)
  • Produce scouting reports weekly for opposing teams for pitchers and hitters (~2/3 hours a week)
  • Work with Statistical Analysts to ensure the correct metrics are included in scouting reports
  • Collaborate with the Student Director and Director of Analytics to improve capabilities and quality of reports
  • Utilize Synergy platform when Trackman data is unavailable to generate player insights
Statistical Analyst (1-2 openings)
  • Perform analysis in Python, R or SQL on Trackman and play-by-play data to calculate performance metrics
  • Self-manage and lead projects that require data cleaning, clustering and general analytics.
  • Assist Reporting Analysts with weekly scouting reports
metcalfmafia
WOW! Talk about some cool ass student jobs.
matracey
metcalfmafia said:

WOW! Talk about some cool ass student jobs.
I was going to say the same thing. I would have jumped at this when I was in school. And less than 5 hours of work per week so it wouldn't be a huge commitment.
Daviewolf83
ClePack said:

Apply to join NC State Baseball!

We are looking to expand our student-run analytics team for the upcoming 2023/2024 Fall and Spring seasons. You must be a current student at NC State to apply.

There are multiple open roles the Student Analytics & Reporting team is looking to fill. There are roles for everyone ranging from highly technical roles to non-technical roles with an array of opportunities. Some opportunities include but are not limited to:
  • Ability to work in a Cloud-based environment with Google Cloud Platform (highly sought out experience by employers)
  • Exposure to player and ball tracking data at the college level that is not readily available to the general public
  • Project and stakeholder management through constructing, managing and delivering on requirements
  • Programming projects in SQL, Python & R that can separate you from other applicants in internship and full-time job markets
  • Creating data-driven scouting reports
  • Behind-the-scenes insights on a Power 5 baseball program who secured a "Final Four" spot in Omaha in the 2021 season
You can expect <= 5 hours of work per week with the exception of the ACC and NCAA Tournaments. Below are the roles and general responsibilities :

Data Engineer (2 openings)
  • Develop, automate and maintain data pipelines with external sources such as Trackman FTP portal within Google Cloud Platform using Python.
  • Manage table transformations and exports using Python or SQL
  • Perform Quality Assurance activities to ensure code is reliable
  • Create clear documentation on your code and data flow diagrams
Reporting Analyst (3-4 openings)
  • Produce scouting reports weekly for opposing teams for pitchers and hitters (~2/3 hours a week)
  • Work with Statistical Analysts to ensure the correct metrics are included in scouting reports
  • Collaborate with the Student Director and Director of Analytics to improve capabilities and quality of reports
  • Utilize Synergy platform when Trackman data is unavailable to generate player insights
Statistical Analyst (1-2 openings)
  • Perform analysis in Python, R or SQL on Trackman and play-by-play data to calculate performance metrics
  • Self-manage and lead projects that require data cleaning, clustering and general analytics.
  • Assist Reporting Analysts with weekly scouting reports

Since I am retired from corporate (38+ years), I should go back to school and apply for these cool jobs. I am very experienced programming in Python and did data analysis for many years for a major technology company. I wish we had these type of opportunities when I was majoring in engineering back in the early 80's.
D33z
I don't think it's for a pitching lab that's still in the design phase and months from breaking ground

metcalfmafia said:

Looks like we're hiring students? Maybe for the pitching lab? You have to have an ncsu.edu address to view.

Wolfer79
Pakbackr
It is August - are they planning to start any new enhancements at Doak this off season?
Glasswolf
Pakbackr said:

It is August - are they planning to start any new enhancements at Doak this off season?
I know the next phase involves player amenities. Locker rooms, player lounge. These may not even get seen but the fans while being renovated. Not sure when the pitching lab is scheduled.
Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

I40Wolf
Glasswolf said:

Pakbackr said:

I know the next phase involves player amenities. Locker rooms, player lounge. These may not even get seen but the fans while being renovated. Not sure when the pitching lab is scheduled.
How do we find out?

I would think that making this information public would keep the donation wheels turning.
wilmwolf
Glasswolf said:

Pakbackr said:

The recent interview Joe did with EA made it sound as though the pitching lab was still another year away. The locker room type stuff is normally pretty easy, they could do that in a few weeks without anyone knowing and then we'll see pictures on social media.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
JCooke93
Um
Bigwuf
The new Tennessee and Rutgers stadiums show the impact of the funding disparity, which will get much larger over the next 5-10 years. FSU's point is valid. I just wished we can learn of the secret effort that has been underway for months/years to have the Magnificent 7 + one other vote to leave the ACC, then split, either to create a new conference or to go to one of the 2 attractive conferences (and the SEC is far preferable for NC State).
Wolfer79
BobbyCox95
Wolfer79 said:

Wolfer is relentless in wanting us to be depressed about our baseball facilities.....
SportManagementEngineer
BobbyCox95 said:

Wolfer79 said:

Wolfer is relentless in wanting us to be depressed about our baseball facilities.....
That is a beautiful ballpark. Damn.
Twitter: @JJwith2Jays
Wolfer79
BobbyCox95 said:

Wolfer79 said:

i am working on having chewable cannabis served as NC State Athletic events.

Athletic Department keeps asking for more samples to make decision
JCooke93
Oh
Wolfer79
BobbyCox95
Wolfer79 said:

yay.....another picture of someone else's baseball facility
I40Wolf
BobbyCox95 said:

Wolfer79 said:

yay.....another picture of someone else's baseball facility
Maybe someone will posts pictures showing the Phase 2 progress.
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
metcalfmafia
Maybe my expectations were a little too high, but I figured we would have started another phase this offseason.
FlockaWolf
metcalfmafia said:

Maybe my expectations were a little too high, but I figured we would have started another phase this offseason.

Me too. Thought it was 1 phase per year
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
BobbyCox95
Wolfer79 said:

TraCha4
Has there been any progress to the updates of our own stadium?
Wolfer79
TraCha4 said:

No
TraCha4
Wolfer79 said:

TraCha4 said:

No

Any specific reason of why?
Beachbum3
We are NC STATE! Probably right after east side CF. 1966!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.