Improvements at Doak Field (04/18/2024 Doak 2.0) $20MM approved by BOG

191,490 Views | 1061 Replies | Last: 6 days ago by wilmwolf
PaperWolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
WPC e-mail sent out this morning for the request to purchase tickets...priority deadline set for January 10th. Also, the $100/seat is correct and is mentioned in the e-mail. I don't see a schedule attached/linked though and on GoPack, 2021 is the most recent season you can click on. Anyone know when the schedule or opponent home/away list will be available?
"There are 106 miles to Chicago, we have a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses...Hit it!"
Glasswolf
Met with a WPC rep this morning. Improvements are coming and will be phased in 3 phases. Not 3 years. Former players are stepping up to help. As with wrestling there is going to be a direct link to donate to individual sports. Silent fundraising part is complete or almost complete for phase 1. Avent has insisted that there be no disruption in play at Doak. Expect phase 1 to start after the upcoming season
Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

I40Wolf
PaperWolf said:

WPC e-mail sent out this morning for the request to purchase tickets...priority deadline set for January 10th. Also, the $100/seat is correct and is mentioned in the e-mail. I don't see a schedule attached/linked though and on GoPack, 2021 is the most recent season you can click on. Anyone know when the schedule or opponent home/away list will be available?
I didn't get that email.
Glasswolf
PaperWolf said:

Schedule is not complete

PaperWolf
I40Wolf said:

PaperWolf said:

I didn't get that email.
"There are 106 miles to Chicago, we have a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses...Hit it!"
JCooke93
Thought different email
Glasswolf
That's the same email I got

I40Wolf
I got a similar one in October.
JCooke93
Same here
Lagniappe
Glasswolf said:

Met with a WPC rep this morning. Improvements are coming and will be phased in 3 phases. Not 3 years. Former players are stepping up to help. As with wrestling there is going to be a direct link to donate to individual sports. Silent fundraising part is complete or almost complete for phase 1. Avent has insisted that there be no disruption in play at Doak. Expect phase 1 to start after the upcoming season
Silent fundraising phase now, which is common.
JeffKuh
No word could better describe our current athletics leadership than "Silent"

Lagniappe said:

Glasswolf said:

Silent fundraising phase now, which is common.
wilmwolf
For all the *****ing and complaining by the fans, I haven't seen Coach or any of the players speaking out, which gives me faith that what is going on behind the scenes is what needs to happen. Stuff like this doesn't get done without big money donors, and no offense to most on this board, myself included, we ain't those guys. Whenever the time comes, I'm sure we'll all be able to contribute as we feel called.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
Glasswolf
wilmwolf80 said:

For all the *****ing and complaining by the fans, I haven't seen Coach or any of the players speaking out, which gives me faith that what is going on behind the scenes is what needs to happen. Stuff like this doesn't get done without big money donors, and no offense to most on this board, myself included, we ain't those guys. Whenever the time comes, I'm sure we'll all be able to contribute as we feel called.
Thank you. Our time will come to donate and most fans will wet the bed again like they usually do. They will complain regardless of the plans that will be put forward

JCooke93
Old miss just got 40M
metcalfmafia
Maybe the admin is thinking this could be a Valentines present to the fans?
JCooke93
Lol
BobbyCox95
metcalfmafia said:

Maybe the admin is thinking this could be a Valentines present to the fans?

What year?
metcalfmafia

Bell Tower Grey
metcalfmafia said:

Beautiful ballpark. Seems like being fan friendly is as much a priority to Ole Miss as players / coaches amenities is.
Pack87
I am a little concerned that the ticket increase reflects the scope of the improvements. $100 x 3000 seats is 300K per season. That would take 30 years just to hit $10 million. I hope we are looking at something substantially more than that so the extra fee is really not significant so don't really see that it was necessary.
Bell Tower Grey
Pack87 said:

I am a little concerned that the ticket increase reflects the scope of the improvements. $100 x 300 seats is 300K per season. That would take 30 years just to hit $10 million. I hope we are looking at something substantially more than that so the extra fee is really not significant so don't really see that it was necessary.
Look at the second post in this thread. Glasswolf made it. He discusses the fundraising. Should address your post.
Glasswolf
I can't speak on specific amounts but Trea Turner is stepping us. Rodon is waiting for his contract to be sorted out. Other former players are on board also
packwest
Glasswolf said:

I can't speak on specific amounts but Trea Turner is stepping us. Rodon is waiting for his contract to be sorted out. Other former players are on board also
Good for those guys.
BP Cox
Staff
Look for some news today on the future of The Doak.

Hopefully it will not be delayed again.
IPS Photojournalist
@BPCox_
metcalfmafia
BP Cox said:

Really hope so BP. Today is an exceptionally slow day at work. I'd love to talk some baseball stadium.
Wolfpacklife
metcalfmafia said:

BP Cox said:

Really hope so BP. Today is an exceptionally slow day at work. I'd love to talk some baseball stadium.

I too would like to talk baseball stadium!
Glasswolf
Remember, 3 phases not 3 years
Lagniappe
Glasswolf said:

Remember, 3 phases not 3 years
So, is it 3 phases 1 year or 3 phases 10+ years?
Glasswolf
3 phases each with their own fundraising. No time table. Could happen in 3 years
Wolfer79
The time is HERE.

NC State Athletics, in partnership with Ewing Cole, has announced a $15 million enhancement plan for #TheDoak, with the first phase to begin following the 2022 season. https://t.co/90MlzTPMob
packwest
https://gopack.com/sports/2021/11/16/pack9stadium.aspx
Wolfer79
The plan has been separated into three phases - field improvements, competitive team performance spaces and fan experience upgrades. Should fundraising exceed $15 million, additional phases will be added to the project.

More info: https://t.co/QTJyvDTg2z https://t.co/gKQ2TJktGs
DJncsu13
Looks good. Glad the player enhancements are in there. That's most important. Wish there was some covered seating for the main stands, or even an upper deck seating added.
"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack"
Follow me on twitter: @d_johnson13/@PackUniforms
gopack1979
If you want more than this it's very simple, give more $. We have to start somewhere…. Believe it or not your fan experience matters very little compared to player amenities. No need to complain about what's not in the mock up, it is a mock up and end result will likely be very different.
NCSU990
DJncsu13 said:

Looks good. Glad the player enhancements are in there. That's most important. Wish there was some covered seating for the main stands, or even an upper deck seating added.

Apparently covered seating because of the direction of the stadium, would do no good for blocking the sun. Thus, the cost of it did not seem worth it (at least for these first three phases anyhow).

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.