Improvements at Doak Field (04/18/2024 Doak 2.0) $20MM approved by BOG

191,824 Views | 1061 Replies | Last: 7 days ago by wilmwolf
JCooke93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Hoping
Pack87
I didn't think they would honor the CWS team last night. Most of those guys are still playing minor league ball right?
kmb717
kmb717 said:

ZAXPACK15 said:

I talked to a WPC rep last week and he said artistic renderings from an architect are due to be finished any day now. They will release those, along with Avent's "wish list" that will be completed in order of priority based on the amount of funds raised.
Any day now.......2 weeks later and still nothing

Now exactly one month later and still nothing! This is truly an embarrassment to have not announced a single thing since the season ended. Our must successful program on campus the last 20 years by a wide margin deserves a lot better. A lot. Beyond disappointed by the Wolfpack Club and our athletic department.
DJncsu13
kmb717 said:

kmb717 said:

ZAXPACK15 said:

I talked to a WPC rep last week and he said artistic renderings from an architect are due to be finished any day now. They will release those, along with Avent's "wish list" that will be completed in order of priority based on the amount of funds raised.

Now exactly one month later and still nothing! This is truly an embarrassment to have not announced a single thing since the season ended. Our must successful program on campus the last 20 years by a wide margin deserves a lot better. A lot. Beyond disappointed by the Wolfpack Club and our athletic department.

From what I hear, the Wolfpack Club was ready to go and the Athletic Department slowed everything down.
"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack"
Follow me on twitter: @d_johnson13/@PackUniforms
mdreid
DJncsu13 said:

kmb717 said:

kmb717 said:

ZAXPACK15 said:

From what I hear, the Wolfpack Club was ready to go and the Athletic Department slowed everything down.
prob waiting till Baseball season to announce a funding campaign is my guess, would let the fanbase get reengaged during the regular season for baseball instead of when the ACC tourny rolls around
DJncsu13
mdreid said:

DJncsu13 said:

kmb717 said:

kmb717 said:

ZAXPACK15 said:

prob waiting till Baseball season to announce a funding campaign is my guess, would let the fanbase get reengaged during the regular season for baseball instead of when the ACC tourny rolls around

The WPC was ready to go after Game 1 W in the CWS. Tried to push again after Game 2 W. Then everything went to Covid hell and they tried again only to be told to wait until Boo could smooth things over with the fan base after all of WPN was going bonkers over the lack of public fight.
"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack"
Follow me on twitter: @d_johnson13/@PackUniforms
kmb717
DJncsu13 said:

mdreid said:

DJncsu13 said:

kmb717 said:

kmb717 said:

ZAXPACK15 said:

The WPC was ready to go after Game 1 W in the CWS. Tried to push again after Game 2 W. Then everything went to Covid hell and they tried again only to be told to wait until Boo could smooth things over with the fan base after all of WPN was going bonkers over the lack of public fight.

If that is true than wow. Just wow.
Bell Tower Grey
DJncsu13 said:

mdreid said:

DJncsu13 said:

kmb717 said:

kmb717 said:

ZAXPACK15 said:

Damn. I don't think invisiboo could smooth powder on a baby's ass.
BobbyCox95
I'm not ready to give up on Boo yet, but he definitely failed his first test
Lagniappe
Has anyone seen any evidence of Boo smoothing things over with anyone, especially at the heavy hitter levels?
ecbwolf
The chance to ride the momentum is gone. Whoever was in charge of that project has failed in my mind! I hope there are some things happening behind the scenes that will make me eat my words!
JCooke93
Same
Wolfer79

Hi, we're Campbell Baseball and Welcome to our Crib

More coming

#RollHumps

JCooke93
Ugh
metcalfmafia
If I'm not mistaken didn't Campbell get some help from a minor league team I or something to build their facilities?
BigLefty24
Not impressed. Yes, it's Campbell, but that was terrible.
@BigLefty24

*100% committed*
*Please respect my decision*
*Recruitment still open 110%*

JCooke93
Yes they did
Lagniappe
BigLefty24 said:

Not impressed. Yes, it's Campbell, but that was terrible.
They have a nice golf course.
Pakbackr
They force them to get dressed in the dark?
Wolfer79
NC State is developing a new Physical Master Plan to provide a framework for future campus development, and we need your input. Fill out a survey or attend a forum: https://t.co/tpmsVQLg43 https://t.co/74zLc3WHVC
JCooke93
Nothing about the doak
Wolfer79
Home of the Hogs

SportManagementEngineer

Hope Boo was paying attention on the tour.
Twitter: @JJwith2Jays
Wolfer79
SportManagementEngineer said:

we getting a Stadium just like Mississippi State!
JCooke93
I believe it when I see it
89_Grad
The most disappointing thing about this stadium improvement issue is the lack of support from former players making mega money in MLB.

Trea Turner and Carlos Rodan could each make a leadership gift of at least $5 million each, probably just from the money they have in their walking around accounts.

Players like Knizner and several others could certainly make $ 1 million supporting gifts. Wonder how many have pledged?

If he's such a beloved coach, why aren't these folks giving back?
Several of Duke's mega-sports gifts ($20 million plus) have been from folks who were on their teams 30-40 years previously and have gone on to make enormous fortunes on Wall Street, sell a Tech company, etc. Have we identified any alums of the baseball program like that?
A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds.
wilmwolf
I dunno man, Rodon is currently on a one year, 3mil deal, and based on what I've found he's earned about 18 mil in his career. You think he should give almost a third of that to NC State? Turner has earned 24 mil in his career. Knozner's career earnings to this point is just more than 1 mil. Sure, those dudes could give a few million between them maybe, but thats a of money in a sport where tomorrow isn't guaranteed. I'm sure those guys would and will pony up some money, but there has to be a project for them to donate to first.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
packwest
89_Grad said:

The most disappointing thing about this stadium improvement issue is the lack of support from former players making mega money in MLB.

Trea Turner and Carlos Rodan could each make a leadership gift of at least $5 million each, probably just from the money they have in their walking around accounts.

Players like Knizner and several others could certainly make $ 1 million supporting gifts. Wonder how many have pledged?

If he's such a beloved coach, why aren't these folks giving back?
Several of Duke's mega-sports gifts ($20 million plus) have been from folks who were on their teams 30-40 years previously and have gone on to make enormous fortunes on Wall Street, sell a Tech company, etc. Have we identified any alums of the baseball program like that?
Idk about the $5million number.

Trea Turner's career earnings are $24,145,880. His agent takes a percentage of that sum, so we'll round down to $22,000,000.

On top of that, his home teams have been in California and Washington DC. His combined federal and state tax rate in both of those jurisdictions is nearly 50% (maybe over 50%....I don't know.)

If that's the case, he's netted about $11,000,000, total. So that's an ask of one-half his net worth, which is pretty significant.

He'll be in that position once he gets another contract and, maybe, upon retirement. Same math with Rodon who has earned $19,000,000.
JCooke93
It all comes down to the AD and the Wolfpack Club
BigLefty24
I'm constantly amazed by the amount of folks that are pissed that other folks aren't giving away $5M.
JCooke93
Yup
Bell Tower Grey
SportManagementEngineer said:

If there is a barber shop in the stadium, we are doomed.
89_Grad
BigLefty24 said:

I'm constantly amazed by the amount of folks that are pissed that other folks aren't giving away $5M.
I'm constantly amazed by the amount of folks who hang out here and get on the case of other folks.
A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds.
BigLefty24
89_Grad said:

BigLefty24 said:

I'm constantly amazed by the amount of folks who hang out here and get on the case of other folks.

Well, at least in your state of bewilderment, you didn't ask me to toss in $3M.
@BigLefty24

*100% committed*
*Please respect my decision*
*Recruitment still open 110%*

CLTWolf
BigLefty24 said:

89_Grad said:

BigLefty24 said:

Well, at least in your state of bewilderment, you didn't ask me to toss in $3M.
Well, it's only fair since he's throwin' in 4 mil of his own money, right?
*Wolfpack Baseball - 2021 *NCAA COLLEGE WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!
*Congrats to the 10 win 2021 Wolfpack football team!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.