Improvements at Doak Field (04/18/2024 Doak 2.0) $20MM approved by BOG

191,885 Views | 1061 Replies | Last: 8 days ago by wilmwolf
CLTWolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Pakbackr said:

CLTWolf said:

Pakbackr said:

Jeez, Avent will be retired before this 'lipstick' project is completed.

How much did you contribute?
You don't know me or what I have contributed over my life time. I have been a WPC member for 40 years with a rank in the low 700s. I am a mutli-sport season ticket holder with LTRs. Our lifetime giving to NC State is over 6 figures...and I am not rich by any means. We even have documented estate plan to create a named scholarship when I pass. So I kindly as not to question what I have given dude!

So, you never answered the question…
*Wolfpack Baseball - 2021 *NCAA COLLEGE WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!
*Congrats to the 10 win 2021 Wolfpack football team!
BobbyCox95
CLTWolf said:

Pakbackr said:

CLTWolf said:

Pakbackr said:

You don't know me or what I have contributed over my life time. I have been a WPC member for 40 years with a rank in the low 700s. I am a mutli-sport season ticket holder with LTRs. Our lifetime giving to NC State is over 6 figures...and I am not rich by any means. We even have documented estate plan to create a named scholarship when I pass. So I kindly as not to question what I have given dude!

He just did
CLTWolf
BobbyCox95 said:

CLTWolf said:

Pakbackr said:

CLTWolf said:

Pakbackr said:

He just did

No, he didn't.

But that's cool.
BobbyCox95
CLTWolf said:

BobbyCox95 said:

CLTWolf said:

Pakbackr said:

CLTWolf said:

Pakbackr said:

He just did

No, he didn't.

But that's cool.
Why do you care how much he's given?
CLTWolf
BobbyCox95 said:

CLTWolf said:

BobbyCox95 said:

CLTWolf said:

Pakbackr said:

CLTWolf said:

Pakbackr said:

He just did

No, he didn't.

But that's cool.

Why do you care what I care about?

That's sweet of you to white knight for him tho.
BobbyCox95
CLTWolf said:

BobbyCox95 said:

CLTWolf said:

BobbyCox95 said:

CLTWolf said:

Pakbackr said:

CLTWolf said:

Pakbackr said:

He just did

No, he didn't.

But that's cool.

Why do you care what I care about?

That's sweet of you to white knight for him tho.
Is there a certain dollar amount someone has to give to be able to give an opinion about a facility? Just curious
waxhaw
Glad we are doing something.

Baseball program and Avent deserves it.
metcalfmafia
waxhaw said:

Glad we are doing something.

Baseball program and Avent deserves it.

Absolutely. I'm a season ticket holder and I love what we have planned.
Pakbackr
CLTWolf said:

Pakbackr said:

CLTWolf said:

Pakbackr said:

I did answer the question, but apparently you can't read. So let me state it another way - in my lifetime, I've given all I could and then some.
CLTWolf
Pakbackr said:

CLTWolf said:

Pakbackr said:

CLTWolf said:

Pakbackr said:

I did answer the question, but apparently you can't read. So let me state it another way - in my lifetime, I've given all I could and then some.
Wasn't the question...how much did you contribute to this enhancement project? I'm not interested in your past. You like to complain so I figured you would've contributed to the betterment of the baseball program. The more money that comes in the better the enhancements will be. The coaches and players deserve so much more than your complaining.

But like I said above, that's cool.
Pakbackr
CLTWolf said:

Pakbackr said:

CLTWolf said:

Pakbackr said:

CLTWolf said:

Pakbackr said:

Wasn't the question...how much did you contribute to this enhancement project? I'm not interested in your past. You like to complain so I figured you would've contributed to the betterment of the baseball program. The more money that comes in the better the enhancements will be. The coaches and players deserve so much more than your complaining.

You can't let it go, so apparently it is not that cool with you. My observations, opinions and ideas I have shared on here about the stadium (which you have labeled as complaining) are based on the deepest desire for our program to have facilities on par with other elite programs that regularly compete for trips to the CWS. IMHO, the planned enhancements are better than what the players and fans have now, but they are far from what is really needed to compete at the highest level. If I had Goodnight money, I'd have given enough to build a new stadium long ago. Like I said, I have given all I could over 40 years as a faithful WPC member (and that includes money to the baseball program) and now facing retirement on a fixed income, the athletic programs' success depends on a new generation.

Much like the division we see in this country, I'd like to think we have more in common than what divides us.
CLTWolf
Pakbackr said:

CLTWolf said:

Pakbackr said:

CLTWolf said:

Pakbackr said:

CLTWolf said:

Pakbackr said:

You can't let it go, so apparently it is not that cool with you. My observations, opinions and ideas I have shared on here about the stadium (which you have labeled as complaining) are based on the deepest desire for our program to have facilities on par with other elite programs that regularly compete for trips to the CWS. IMHO, the planned enhancements are better than what the players and fans have now, but they are far from what is really needed to compete at the highest level. If I had Goodnight money, I'd have given enough to build a new stadium long ago. Like I said, I have given all I could over 40 years as a faithful WPC member (and that includes money to the baseball program) and now facing retirement on a fixed income, the athletic programs' success depends on a new generation.

Much like the division we see in this country, I'd like to think we have more in common than what divides us.

Never mind. Enjoy retirement.

Me letting it go.
metcalfmafia
Pakbackr said:

CLTWolf said:

Pakbackr said:

CLTWolf said:

Pakbackr said:

CLTWolf said:

Pakbackr said:

What are some things that are missing from the plans that you feel are separating us from the elite programs regularly competing for CWS?
BobbyCox95
metcalfmafia said:

Pakbackr said:

CLTWolf said:

Pakbackr said:

CLTWolf said:

Pakbackr said:

CLTWolf said:

Pakbackr said:

What are some things that are missing from the plans that you feel are separating us from the elite programs regularly competing for CWS?
Expanded seating so we can get rid of the temporary bleachers, a new press box, maybe a few suites, overhang to cover a portion of the seating.....all things that would make it better for the fans and look like a top of the line stadium but not necessarily more enhancements for the players. Sounds like we have that part covered.
89_Grad
Given the needs in the program are clearly greater than the ability of the fan base to contribute the necessary funds, I think they have made the best decision they could make under the circumstances. I daresay if you look at the nicest and most impressive 25% of the baseball stadium overhauls documented in this thread, I'm guessing nearly all of the "nice" projects have a single named donor that has stepped in with a very large gift (i.e. $5 million plus). We have what so far? A couple of 1-2 million gifts? Nice, but not what gets Taj Mahals built.
D33z
This is great knowledge , other schools fan bases and alumni give lots of money to do the things they get done

89_Grad said:

Given the needs in the program are clearly greater than the ability of the fan base to contribute the necessary funds, I think they have made the best decision they could make under the circumstances. I daresay if you look at the nicest and most impressive 25% of the baseball stadium overhauls documented in this thread, I'm guessing nearly all of the "nice" projects have a single named donor that has stepped in with a very large gift (i.e. $5 million plus). We have what so far? A couple of 1-2 million gifts? Nice, but not what gets Taj Mahals built.
"PACK POWER"
metcalfmafia
BobbyCox95 said:

metcalfmafia said:

Pakbackr said:

CLTWolf said:

Pakbackr said:

CLTWolf said:

Pakbackr said:

CLTWolf said:

Pakbackr said:

Expanded seating so we can get rid of the temporary bleachers, a new press box, maybe a few suites, overhang to cover a portion of the seating.....all things that would make it better for the fans and look like a top of the line stadium but not necessarily more enhancements for the players. Sounds like we have that part covered.
1.) We're getting rid of the temporary bleachers from my understanding of the renderings.
2.) I think it's been said that we can't build overhangs / tiered seating due to the layout of the rooms underneath the seats? We don't want to put concrete supports through rooms AKA completely changing the foundations of the stadium. You're also talking about doubling or (in this economy) tripling the cost of the project.

Sounds like what you truly want is a new stadium somewhere else which is the only way to fulfill your request.

Keep in mind this project was based on the feedback of Avent, our admin, and fans in survey. The big push was to bring NC State baseball up to the 21st century in regards to player facilities. Everything else on top of that is doing what we can with the limited space available at the stadium and limited funds.

metcalfmafia
Pakbackr said:

So it's a "lipstick" project because you didn't get your precious overhangs?
BobbyCox95
metcalfmafia said:

BobbyCox95 said:

metcalfmafia said:

Pakbackr said:

CLTWolf said:

Pakbackr said:

CLTWolf said:

Pakbackr said:

CLTWolf said:

Pakbackr said:

1.) We're getting rid of the temporary bleachers from my understanding of the renderings.
2.) I think it's been said that we can't build overhangs / tiered seating due to the layout of the rooms underneath the seats? We don't want to put concrete supports through rooms AKA completely changing the foundations of the stadium. You're also talking about doubling or (in this economy) tripling the cost of the project.

Sounds like what you truly want is a new stadium somewhere else which is the only way to fulfill your request.

Keep in mind this project was based on the feedback of Avent, our admin, and fans in survey. The big push was to bring NC State baseball up to the 21st century in regards to player facilities. Everything else on top of that is doing what we can with the limited space available at the stadium and limited funds.

I should have phrased it.....increase seating capacity because we are eliminating the temp bleachers. Our stadium is already small in comparison, I hope it doesn't hold even less.

I'm no engineer but I haven't read anything that said our current structure couldn't hold a second tier. I hope that's not the case. But even if it is, maybe we could increase capacity where the old third base bullpen was our even outfield. I don't think we have a need to increase capacity by a significant amount but thought we could potentially have 6 or so rows worth of a second tier from the pitchers mound around to the mound on the other side. BUT, if they didn't design it to hold that much then its a moot point. And unfortunate.

I said earlier that if we have our first 3 phases already planned out focusing on player amenities and development (which is great), then why not have a 4th phase focusing on fan experience and increased capacity? Complete the phases as the funds are raised and if it takes 3 years or 10 years to raise the funds for the fourth phase, at least it will be in the design. I think 11 million raised in just a few months is incredible.
I40Wolf
CLTWolf said:

I40Wolf said:

CLTWolf said:

Pakbackr said:

How much do I have to contribute to get a seat in the shade?
probably more than zero...
So there is an amount? What is it?
CLTWolf
I40Wolf said:

CLTWolf said:

I40Wolf said:

CLTWolf said:

Pakbackr said:

How much do I have to contribute to get a seat in the shade?
probably more than zero...
So there is an amount? What is it?

$17.99 on amazon. Would look great on you.
I40Wolf
It was a serious question. Are there donations levels that give you the opportunity to buy tickets in the shade? It's OK if you don't know.
Glasswolf
I40Wolf said:

It was a serious question. Are there donations levels that give you the opportunity to buy tickets in the shade? It's OK if you don't know.
Try buying LTR's. You can pick and available seats that way. There is you giving limit.
Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

Glasswolf
Pakbackr said:

CLTWolf said:

Pakbackr said:

CLTWolf said:

Pakbackr said:

CLTWolf said:

Pakbackr said:

Improvements cost $$$. 3 -4 times the amount we've raised so far. Want more? Give more. That's not directed at you in any way. It's everyone. We have a huge alumni base but only around 11,000 WPC members and a great % give the minimum of $120 per year.

BobbyCox95
Glasswolf said:

Pakbackr said:

CLTWolf said:

Pakbackr said:

CLTWolf said:

Pakbackr said:

CLTWolf said:

Pakbackr said:

Improvements cost $$$. 3 -4 times the amount we've raised so far. Want more? Give more. That's not directed at you in any way. It's everyone. We have a huge alumni base but only around 11,000 WPC members and a great % give the minimum of $120 per year.

You're like a broken record. We get it, but you're preaching to the choir. We give all we can but I personally am not going to sacrifice things for my family for Pack athletics. Or give more than I give to our church. Just not happening. If I could truly make a difference on my own I would certainly do that but I can't.
Glasswolf
BobbyCox95 said:

Glasswolf said:

Pakbackr said:

CLTWolf said:

Pakbackr said:

CLTWolf said:

Pakbackr said:

CLTWolf said:

Pakbackr said:

You're like a broken record. We get it, but you're preaching to the choir. We give all we can but I personally am not going to sacrifice things for my family for Pack athletics. Or give more than I give to our church. Just not happening. If I could truly make a difference on my own I would certainly do that but I can't.
I give all I can also. Same boat as you but people complain about what the school is doing with the limited amount of resources they get and most probably are at the $120 level.

BobbyCox95
Glasswolf said:

BobbyCox95 said:

Glasswolf said:

Pakbackr said:

CLTWolf said:

Pakbackr said:

CLTWolf said:

Pakbackr said:

CLTWolf said:

Pakbackr said:

I give all I can also. Same boat as you but people complain about what the school is doing with the limited amount of resources they get and most probably are at the $120 level.

I agree that it would be great if most of our members didn't give the min but having a few thousand give a couple hundred bucks more aren't really gonna move the needle that much. What we are missing are the big time donors. We owe so much to the Murphy's, Vaughn's, Poole's etc but we just don't have enough of those type donors. That's the real difference maker. I wish I had that kinda money and I'd be a big time donor too.

BTW I remember years ago we were celebrating 20k WPC members……have we really lost almost half of our members? How does that happen?
I40Wolf
Glasswolf said:

I40Wolf said:

Try buying LTR's. You can pick and available seats that way. There is you giving limit.

Thanks. The enhancement depictions show tents down the right field side. Will these be available through LTRs?
Pakbackr
Glasswolf said:

I40Wolf said:

WPC no longer sells LTRs to seats
Bell Tower Grey
BobbyCox95 said:

BTW I remember years ago we were celebrating 20k WPC members……have we really lost almost half of our members? How does that happen?
Severe lack of promotion from the WPC and University; failure to be proactive in asking for dollars instead of being reactionary to the needs.

Fan apathy.

Real, or implied, bias against State from the media.

Overall disgust with college athletics as a whole.

Just to name a few possible reasons.
Pakbackr
Just watching a rerun of a Rutgers at Nebraska game from earlier this year….what an incredible facility!
https://haymarketpark.com/
FinsUp
wilmwolf80 said:

I don't really blame folks for wanting shade over the seating, but the season runs from February to May, it's not like it's summer time on the east side of Carter Finley. That particular improvement would be very low on my priorities for a ball park. Making the seating more comfortable should be the number one fan amenity, followed by concessions and restrooms, after all of the player related stuff is done. IMO.
Initially, a grandstand cover was a part of the plan. The issue is the orientation of the grandstand in relation to the afternoon sun at Doak. After going through the study, the impact of the canopy was not going to be as great as first thought. So it was scrapped in favor of other amenities.

89_Grad
FinsUp said:

wilmwolf80 said:

I don't really blame folks for wanting shade over the seating, but the season runs from February to May, it's not like it's summer time on the east side of Carter Finley. That particular improvement would be very low on my priorities for a ball park. Making the seating more comfortable should be the number one fan amenity, followed by concessions and restrooms, after all of the player related stuff is done. IMO.
Initially, a grandstand cover was a part of the plan. The issue is the orientation of the grandstand in relation to the afternoon sun at Doak. After going through the study, the impact of the canopy was not going to be as great as first thought. So it was scrapped in favor of other amenities.

Good grief, this thread is like a broken record. This point has been made multiple times on this thread alone. College Baseball season runs from February to early June. In warm weather in May and June (3-4 series) only the Sunday game is during the day. Any earlier in the year, you WANT to be sitting in the sun because it's freezing cold a good part of the time (why attendence at early season midweek games is so miserable).

So you are spending MILLIONS on a roof that is of any benefit whatsoever for maybe 4-5 Sunday games, and a handful (2-4) midweek games. That would have been financial mismanagement, IMO.
jwpack
We haven't started any upgrades so far, a lot of promises but no action.
Pakbackr
89_Grad said:

FinsUp said:

wilmwolf80 said:

Good grief, this thread is like a broken record. This point has been made multiple times on this thread alone. College Baseball season runs from February to early June. In warm weather in May and June (3-4 series) only the Sunday game is during the day. Any earlier in the year, you WANT to be sitting in the sun because it's freezing cold a good part of the time (why attendence at early season midweek games is so miserable).

So you are spending MILLIONS on a roof that is of any benefit whatsoever for maybe 4-5 Sunday games, and a handful (2-4) midweek games. That would have been financial mismanagement, IMO.
Yeah, I guess that is why so few college teams have added roofs over their stadiums over the years...they just wanted to throw some money away - smh

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.