Improvements at Doak Field (04/18/2024 Doak 2.0) $20MM approved by BOG

191,272 Views | 1061 Replies | Last: 5 days ago by wilmwolf
matracey
How long do you want to ignore this user?

So there was a money issue. We raised too much money the new plan had to be approved again haha
metcalfmafia
Anyone know if there are additional things being added with this change or did costs go up 5 mil?
78wilsonpack
metcalfmafia said:

Anyone know if there are additional things being added with this change or did costs go up 5 mil?
This is only a guess but I'm almost sure it's the costs have gone up. It's shocking how much construction costs have risen.
matracey
metcalfmafia said:

"Along with the original plans laid out for the Doak Field facelift, there will be new additions planned for the final two phases. PP has confirmed there will also be an additional improvements made to the stadium through the extra influx of money to the project, which are expected to be announced later."

So sounds like yes but don't know what they are yet
metcalfmafia
matracey said:

metcalfmafia said:

"Along with the original plans laid out for the Doak Field facelift, there will be new additions planned for the final two phases. PP has confirmed there will also be an additional improvements made to the stadium through the extra influx of money to the project, which are expected to be announced later."

So sounds like yes but don't know what they are yet
Awesome! Thanks man. Curious what those will be!
matracey
I know this would never happen but we should have directed like half that extra $5M towards NIL for the baseball team. Would have a stacked roster.
tau06
78wilsonpack said:

metcalfmafia said:

This is only a guess but I'm almost sure it's the costs have gone up. It's shocking how much construction costs have risen.

In general, it is amazing how little state and government gets out of huge amounts of $$$
Nairo
Excellent news. The original renovation plans were underwhelming in my opinion, but the extraordinary success of the department and efforts from Corrigan and Broussard should be commended to outperform on the fundraising. I think Doak can and should be a crown jewel facility that welcomes fans, students and alumni back to campus for lots of occasions under great spring weather. Let's go!

Things I'd like to see:

- awning over the main grandstands that is erected and extends over the concessions concourse
- raised platform seating in the outfield connected to the beer garden in left field
- tear down the press box and rebuild above seating to expand capacity behind home plate

The latter is probably not feasible with the available funding.
I40Wolf
Nairo said:

Excellent news. The original renovation plans were underwhelming in my opinion, but the extraordinary success of the department and efforts from Corrigan and Broussard should be commended to outperform on the fundraising. I think Doak can and should be a crown jewel facility that welcomes fans, students and alumni back to campus for lots of occasions under great spring weather. Let's go!

Things I'd like to see:

- awning over the main grandstands that is erected and extends over the concessions concourse
- raised platform seating in the outfield connected to the beer garden in left field
- tear down the press box and rebuild above seating to expand capacity behind home plate

They did install bar tables on both concourses a few weeks ago.
Northernpack11
Nairo said:

Things I'd like to see:

We had that option but I heard avent wanted a facility near Carter Finley. So we ended up with nothing in typical nc state fashion.

Nairo
Those concepts look great. Is that the plan? If so, hell yeah.

Northernpack11 said:

Nairo said:

Things I'd like to see:

We had that option but I heard avent wanted a facility near Carter Finley. So we ended up with nothing in typical nc state fashion.

wilmwolf
This thread is a game of telephone, but there have been multiple discussions throughout these pages about why certain things that people want weren't feasible at the current site. I'm just thankful renovations are happening and thankful they've raised more money than anticipated.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.