Improvements at Doak Field (04/18/2024 Doak 2.0) $20MM approved by BOG

191,864 Views | 1061 Replies | Last: 8 days ago by wilmwolf
JCooke93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Not Pittsburgh
Wolfer79
Jody Demling

Louisville officially announces $3 million donation from Kroger - the lead gift for construction of an indoor baseball facility.

Wolfer79
JCooke93
Pain
BigLefty24
LOL.. Louisvlle getting indoor facilities, and we can't get an outdoor one.
@BigLefty24

*100% committed*
*Please respect my decision*
*Recruitment still open 110%*

CLTWolf

See thread...a fun lil look at the ball parks of the SEC.

*Wolfpack Baseball - 2021 *NCAA COLLEGE WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!
*Congrats to the 10 win 2021 Wolfpack football team!
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79

#LoneStarStadiumTour: Cecil Ballow Complex, Stephenvile, TX
Home of @TarletonBase, relatively new to @D1Baseball & @WACsports. The Texans had long been an NAIA/D2 power. Gravel laid down for a new playing surface and outfield fence going up soon. I dig the commitment TSU.

mdreid
its obviously dated but it still looks good, would benefit greatly with a massive facelift.

according to wikipedia its last renovation was 2004.

Sheriff Shively
TOS has an article about Doak renovations and it sounds like Boo is going to plant a couple of crepe myrtles in the parking lot next February or after our last hard freeze.
PackFansXL
Sheriff Shively said:

TOS has an article about Doak renovations and it sounds like Boo is going to plant a couple of crepe myrtles in the parking lot next February or after our last hard freeze.
If TOS means PP, those folks view building anything less than Yankee Stadium as doing nothing. Most of those posters are the most negative folks I know in the Wolfpack fanbase.
mdreid
Quote:

Sources tell Pack Pride that most of the plans are centered around making upgrades for the players and the surrounding area at Doak Field. The project will likely be done in two or three phases, upgrading areas around the right field line, and potentially overhauling the exterior around the parking lots on Varsity Drive, according to sources.

"The stadium itself is as romantic and charismatic of a baseball setting as any in the country, so nothing needs to change with that," Avent said. "We just need some new amenities. The underbelly of the stadium, like the locker rooms -- where there's just not enough space -- training rooms, lounge areas and things for the players. ... We've also got to get a sand-based field to get the proper drainage to get the playing field like we want it."

NC State starting pitcher Sam Highfill, who quickly became one of the faces of the program for his postseason performances, said looking around at other facilities this offseason was an eye opener. Highfill believes getting upgrades would not only help the program right now, but give the staff another recruiting tool in the future.

"It's long overdue, in my opinion," Highfill said of upgrades to Doak. "We have what we ultimately need at the Doak right now, but there needs to be more. It would just help so much with recruiting. It's a credit to our coaching staff that we're as good as we are, because if you walk around several of the facilities we played at this year, they're better than ours are and we're still able to beat them.

"Take Arkansas, for example. I'm not saying we've got to go build Baum-Walker, but they can bring in recruits to their stadium and they'll commit on the spot. You're just not going to have guys doing that walking into the Doak. It's long overdue, but we'll see what happens."

saw it via instagram
Wolfpacklife
PackFansXL said:

Sheriff Shively said:

If TOS means PP, those folks view building anything less than Yankee Stadium as doing nothing. Most of those posters are the most negative folks I know in the Wolfpack fanbase.

Agreed. Some leak in here every now and then but it has definitely been better over here regarding that.
Bas2020
Trea Turner is set to sign a $200 million dollar contract in the off season. I'm guessing he will donate some funds with naming rights to the new Doak.
BigLefty24
Bas2020 said:

Trea Turner is set to sign a $200 million dollar contract in the off season. I'm guessing he will donate some funds with naming rights to the new Doak.

Just got traded with Scherzer to the Dodgers.

Dammit.
@BigLefty24

*100% committed*
*Please respect my decision*
*Recruitment still open 110%*

Gravis
JCooke93 said:

Well no updates till 5 to 7 years from now I was told that by someone from the Wolfpack Club last night thanks to Covid19

Don't know where you got this or if you are just trolling, but it is 100% wrong. No employee from the WPC would be spreading this misinformation.

Work on improvements was started in January (before the run). If any of you here, or on TOS, have ever tried to get a capital project through the bureaucracy that is the State bidding process, you would know it's not easy. Plus you must factor in the supply chain and labor issues. They want to have as many improvements as possible finished before next season.
packwest
Gravis said:

JCooke93 said:

Well no updates till 5 to 7 years from now I was told that by someone from the Wolfpack Club last night thanks to Covid19

Don't know where you got this or if you are just trolling, but it is 100% wrong. No employee from the WPC would be spreading this misinformation.

Work on improvements was started in January (before the run). If any of you here, or on TOS, have ever tried to get a capital project through the bureaucracy that is the State bidding process, you would know it's not easy. Plus you must factor in the supply chain and labor issues. They want to have as many improvements as possible finished before next season.

Can confirm state bidding and construction process is a nightmare and will make a six month project an eighteen month process. There are some thresholds and you can phase in building underneath to try and build out a little more quickly, but still a process nonetheless.
Tootie4Pack
bsorry11 said:

Gravis said:

JCooke93 said:

Can confirm state bidding and construction process is a nightmare and will make a six month project an eighteen month process. There are some thresholds and you can phase in building underneath to try and build out a little more quickly, but still a process nonetheless.

As a local elected offical, yes, the bidding process is a long, s...l...o...w process.

And always remember....the lowest bid is not always the best bid. With the Triangle exploding with commercial and residential growth, sub-contractors can be hard to come by.

Better yet, GOOD, QUALITY sub-contractors
are getting harder to find in this area. I know from first hand experience.
Pakbackr
Gravis said:

JCooke93 said:

I think we can all appreciate that efforts are underway. I'd just like to know what is being planned! A little communication on this front could go a long way with fans at this time!
BobbyCox95
Pakbackr said:

Gravis said:

JCooke93 said:

I think we can all appreciate that efforts are underway. I'd just like to know what is being planned! A little communication on this front could go a long way with fans at this time!
Maybe even people would be willing to donate if we knew what improvements were being planned. Here we sit a month and some change after the entire sports world was focused on us and still not a peep about improvements. I'm not saying concrete plans or blueprints have been made or made public but throw us a freaking bone. Give us some inclination that we are working on a funding campaign or we want to do x, y and z by year 20xx. Something would be nice. Last we heard from Boo was "well we did all we could but had a great year!"
ZAXPACK15
I talked to a WPC rep last week and he said artistic renderings from an architect are due to be finished any day now. They will release those, along with Avent's "wish list" that will be completed in order of priority based on the amount of funds raised.
3rd generation CALS grad
BobbyCox95
ZAXPACK15 said:

I talked to a WPC rep last week and he said artistic renderings from an architect are due to be finished any day now. They will release those, along with Avent's "wish list" that will be completed in order of priority based on the amount of funds raised.

Fantastic. That's a start. Thanks zaxpack
Mountainman97
JCooke93 said:

Pain
*** are we doing?
JCooke93
Good question
Pakbackr
Pretty safe to say that all the excitement that was generated after the CWS run has all faded. I fear our leaders have wasted a great opportunity!
JCooke93
Again
kmb717
ZAXPACK15 said:

Any day now.......2 weeks later and still nothing
Lagniappe
It will all be over by Friday!
RunsWithWolves26
But you better go ahead and write those checks without seeing anything or having any idea of what is or isn't going to be done. Just blindly send that money.
JCooke93
Really
Bell Tower Grey
RunsWithWolves26 said:

But you better go ahead and write those checks without seeing anything or having any idea of what is or isn't going to be done. Just blindly send that money.
At least those contributing to PTL Network got to see most all of the time how Jim and Tammy Faye were spending the money.
BobbyCox95
RunsWithWolves26 said:

This was my argument. Keep hearing people whine about us not donating enough but nobody has even given us a project to donate towards. I keep bringing up the Goal Line Drive back in the late 90's and early 2000's. That generated literally tens of millions that would not have been otherwise donated without a plan and a fundraising campaign. Everyday that passes I lose more faith in Boo.
JCooke93
Hopefully some news tonight
wolfpack1437
JCooke93 said:

Hopefully some news tonight
Have you heard they are announcing Doak renovations tonight or just hoping they say something when honoring the CWS team?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.