Improvements at Doak Field (04/18/2024 Doak 2.0) $20MM approved by BOG

191,843 Views | 1061 Replies | Last: 7 days ago by wilmwolf
Bell Tower Grey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
FlockaWolf said:

What's a coach to do when they get thrown out a game and can't kick dirt over home plate?
Kick fake dirt, of course.
Alex Gee
Staff
Bell Tower Grey said:

FlockaWolf said:

What's a coach to do when they get thrown out a game and can't kick dirt over home plate?
Kick fake dirt, of course.
Focus exclusively on the spin move.
Pack31
wilmwolf80 said:

Looks to me like they've rolled or raked the turf which has flattened out the blades and gotten rid of the harsher color differences between the pieces from the grain direction. Kinda like I said would happen. Once the grass greens up there will be much less contrast between it and the turf as well.

Yep. Will likely be May before that happens. Bermuda is early may typically in the triangle. The Rye won't really get alot greener. We will see though. I'm sure it will be fine.
wilmwolf
FlockaWolf said:

Elliott should have a piece of the brown turf he can cover the plate with. I'm dead ass serious. That would be amazing.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
Glasswolf
wilmwolf80 said:

Tom Werme sounded like he was gonna stroke out for a second there. Yeah, I won't miss White, but home runs are cool.
We've got enough power on the roster to replace TW's homeruns. It will just be spread out over a few player.
Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

JCooke93
Yup
hokiewolf
wilmwolf80 said:

FlockaWolf said:

Elliott should have a piece of the brown turf he can cover the plate with. I'm dead ass serious. That would be amazing.
Like a little roll he can take out of his jacket pocket? Hell yeah
Originator of the Tony Adams Scale
rmcwpups
I've seen some real ugly games this year, but this may be the worst.

Both teams suck!
Wolfer79
rmcwpups said:

Both teams suck!

first game is February 17th
rmcwpups
Wolfer79 said:

rmcwpups said:

Both teams suck!

first game is February 17th
Sorry, wrong thread
wilmwolf
Sir, this is a Wendy's.
BobbyCox95
Glasswolf said:

wilmwolf80 said:

Tom Werme sounded like he was gonna stroke out for a second there. Yeah, I won't miss White, but home runs are cool.
We've got enough power on the roster to replace TW's homeruns. It will just be spread out over a few player.
TW isn't gonna get much to hit this year. I wouldn't expect anywhere near the numbers this year at lsu that he put up last year
CLTWolf
BobbyCox95 said:

Glasswolf said:

wilmwolf80 said:

TW isn't gonna get much to hit this year. I wouldn't expect anywhere near the numbers this year at lsu that he put up last year
I dunno about that...that LSU lineup is fkn loaded, dawg. He's gonna possibly hit between two other first team pre season All Americans in Paul Skenes (2 time AA) and Dylan Crews (preseason national POY by most baseball people and 2 time AA). There will be some serious business decisions to make for pitchers facing LSU this year. haha
*Wolfpack Baseball - 2021 *NCAA COLLEGE WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!
*Congrats to the 10 win 2021 Wolfpack football team!
wilmwolf
I don't expect White to put up the same numbers he did last year, because most people don't follow up a record breaking year with another, but he'll probably still do well. Ultimately I don't really care because I'm not an LSU baseball fan, though I'm sure it will be impossible to ignore him completely.
pack2010
BobbyCox95 said:

Glasswolf said:

wilmwolf80 said:

what? kid is a CRAZY good hitter, has been his whole life. and that LSU lineup will provide a lot of protection. according to this thread, white can't play defense at all and isn't going to hit much. that's laughable for the best freshman in the country.

i really don't understand the White hate. Is that same energy towards Leary too? i'm not necessarily pulling for either one of them, but White gave us a hell of a season so i'm all for that
Glasswolf
I don't have any hard feelings for TW. I hope he has a great year. He will get his power numbers. Can he stay at 3rd base? You know, the reason his family, TW and his people wanted him to transfer.

CLTWolf
Glasswolf said:

I don't have any hard feelings for TW. I hope he has a great year. He will get his power numbers. Can he stay at 3rd base? You know, the reason his family, TW and his people wanted him to transfer.
LSU kept Jacob Berry at 3rd last year (39 of the 53 games he played in) and his defense was just as bad but dude swung a massive stick so Johnson didn't give a sht about his defense and made it work at 3rd and in the OF. The same will go for White as long as he keeps mashing.
JCooke93
Yup
BobbyCox95
pack2010 said:

BobbyCox95 said:

Glasswolf said:

wilmwolf80 said:

what? kid is a CRAZY good hitter, has been his whole life. and that LSU lineup will provide a lot of protection. according to this thread, white can't play defense at all and isn't going to hit much. that's laughable for the best freshman in the country.

i really don't understand the White hate. Is that same energy towards Leary too? i'm not necessarily pulling for either one of them, but White gave us a hell of a season so i'm all for that
What? Why do you think this is hate? I don't know much about LSU's lineup but I'd be willing to bet he doesn't hit .362 with 27 homers this year. Any takers?
CLTWolf
BobbyCox95 said:

pack2010 said:

BobbyCox95 said:

Glasswolf said:

wilmwolf80 said:

What? Why do you think this is hate? I don't know much about LSU's lineup but I'd be willing to bet he doesn't hit .362 with 27 homers this year. Any takers?
LSU is loaded. 3 preseason All Americans. 3!

I mean sure, Tommy probably doesn't hit 27 bombs again but he'll hit 15 or more, IMO. And I think he'll hit every bit of .350 as he's legitimately that good of a hitter. The kid doesn't have many holes in his swing.

Hitting in the same lineup as Dylan Crews and Paul Skenes will only help him and teams won't be able to just put him on base in a lot of situations. I haven't even mentioned Brayden Jobert who had 18 bombs last year for LSU who's back as well. Tommy is gonna get pitches to hit.
BobbyCox95
CLTWolf said:

BobbyCox95 said:

pack2010 said:

BobbyCox95 said:

Glasswolf said:

wilmwolf80 said:

LSU is loaded. 3 preseason All Americans. 3!

I mean sure, Tommy probably doesn't hit 27 bombs again but he'll hit 15 or more, IMO. And I think he'll hit every bit of .350 as he's legitimately that good of a hitter. The kid doesn't have many holes in his swing.

Hitting in the same lineup as Dylan Crews and Paul Skenes will only help him and teams won't be able to just put him on base in a lot of situations. I haven't even mentioned Brayden Jobert who had 18 bombs last year for LSU who's back as well. Tommy is gonna get pitches to hit.

I don't mean to diminish his ability and I don't hate the guy at all. He's an incredible talent and I hated to see him go. But I also think top to bottom the pitching he'll face in the SEC is higher quality than what he faced in the ACC. And now he's got a year of film for those pitchers to watch on where to pitch him. Again, wish we still had him but I don't think the 2023 Tommy will put up the numbers that 2022 did.
FlockaWolf
Leary was here what 5 years? Came back after his really good season. Tommy White was here 1 season and bounced after his really good season.

Easy to understand why people may dislike him now
BobbyCox95
FlockaWolf said:

Leary was here what 5 years? Came back after his really good season. Tommy White was here 1 season and bounced after his really good season.

Easy to understand why people may dislike him now
I don't hate Leary or Tommy, personally. But I'm also not going to be cheering for either one of them going forward. If they kill it, great.....if they fall flat at their new schools, then that's cool too. Indifferent now
78wilsonpack
I mean no disrespect to either of them but they're dead to me. I could care less about either of them unless we play them. Especially TW.
JCooke93
The Doak is ready
Wingscupped
metcalfmafia
Wingscupped said:

Little starting lineup tease on the scoreboard?
wilmwolf
Very cool video that explains the functional reasons for what they did.
Gost8
The video stated that home plate was move out 4'. Did the outfield dimensions change accordingly? Is it still 400' to the CF wall ?
Pakbackr
I wish they'd have talked about and showed the new bullpens, but otherwise a great video update!
Glasswolf
Gost8 said:

The video stated that home plate was move out 4'. Did the outfield dimensions change accordingly? Is it still 400' to the CF wall ?
Everything moved back IIRC

FlockaWolf
Phase 2 and 3 after this season I presume?
D33z
Still 400'
"PACK POWER"
Glasswolf
FlockaWolf said:

Phase 2 and 3 after this season I presume?
Phase 2

Wolfer79

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.