Improvements at Doak Field (04/18/2024 Doak 2.0) $20MM approved by BOG

191,696 Views | 1061 Replies | Last: 7 days ago by wilmwolf
Pakbackr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I heard from a trusted source the decision was made to wait till early December to unveil Doak enhancements so they wouldn't get lost in football excitement. Imagine the delay if we somehow make it to the ACC Championship game? Just one good decision after another over in the Athletic Department these days!
Lagniappe
Pakbackr said:

I heard from a trusted source the decision was made to wait till early December to unveil Doak enhancements so they wouldn't get lost in football excitement. Imagine the delay if we somehow make it to the ACC Championship game? Just one good decision after another over in the Athletic Department these days!
Trustees meeting
BobbyCox95
I heard they were gonna announce Friday.
Pakbackr
Just got another reminder that the deadline for baseball season ticket renewals is December 1st and they have changed their tune to say information about the stadium enhancements will be announced in early December. Stick us with a forced price increase and delay showing us what we are paying for. I am seriously beginning to wonder what kind of an idiot we have at the helm over there now! Given all the excitement associated with our CWS run, I am not sure you could screw this up any more if you tried!
johntom
Any chance we release anything before Christmas?
metcalfmafia
Yeah. Any update here? Did they go over this at the meeting yesterday?
Northernpack11
Looks like trustees meeting us tomorrow 12/3. The agenda says they are discussing in state tuition for out of state athletes. Savings from new rule will, be used for cost of attendance so that money looks like it won't be used for anything other than payments to athletes as allowed per NCAA cost of attendance rules.
89_Grad
It's becoming pretty evident that Boo may have many strengths, but strategic facilities visionary and dynamic fundraiser ain't one of them
A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds.
Pakbackr
89_Grad said:

It's becoming pretty evident that Boo may have many strengths, but strategic facilities visionary and dynamic fundraiser ain't one of them
Decision making in general appears to be a weakness with our current AD. Surrounding yourself with 'yes' men and making decisions in isolation without engaging key stakeholders is a recipe for disaster.
Pakbackr
If enough season ticket holders joined me and pushed back, saying 'I will renew when you show us the plans', maybe we'd see something. I'm holding firm on this and if they sell my seats out from under me after more than a decade of being a season ticket holder, so be it. But I have had enough of this BS!
TraCha4
Folks paying the money have the power. If WPC members want to see a drastic change in operations and transparency one good way to demand the change is to hold the money. If that's the direction/movement I would suggest it be done together/United and also for WPC members to have a clear message in presentation of what they want to see change.
BobbyCox95
89_Grad said:

Whenever you identify some of those strengths, please let us know what they are.....
Gravis
TraCha4 said:

Folks paying the money have the power. If WPC members want to see a drastic change in operations and transparency one good way to demand the change is to hold the money. If that's the direction/movement I would suggest it be done together/United and also for WPC members to have a clear message in presentation of what they want to see change.

You're reference is off. The WPC has nothing to do with plans. The athletic department is in charge of that. The WPC is expected to be asked to raise money for the project & possibly take on debt to fund it.

There is a huge bureaucracy to deal with on a capital project like this. University land, University construction, and vetting the funding. It cannot go public until all steps are taken per the by laws of more than one entity.

Everyone wants the project started.

kmb717
Gravis said:

TraCha4 said:

You're reference is off. The WPC has nothing to do with plans. The athletic department is in charge of that. The WPC is expected to be asked to raise money for the project & possibly take on debt to fund it.

There is a huge bureaucracy to deal with on a capital project like this. University land, University construction, and vetting the funding. It cannot go public until all steps are taken per the by laws of more than one entity.

So are they not even allowed to officially announce that plans are in the works? I think that would help people's perception if there was any indication something was going that came directly from the school.
Pakbackr
Gravis said:

TraCha4 said:

But they can say that plans will be communicated in mid-November, and then early-Dec, and yet nothing...it may be complex situation by clear and effective communications is not that difficult!
TraCha4
First off, my references is not off. WPC members write the checks to the WPC. NC State athletics rely on that WPC money. Secondly I never suggested that withholding money from the WPC is the way to handle or the way that I support. Third my post was not specifically directed to this baseball project. There has been a lot of WPC members unhappy with the way the WPC is run and people are also unhappy with the transparency from the athletic administration. Do they owe us transparency…. not necessarily, however it would be nice to have a little more than what we receive. I personally am not a guy that really needs to know what all is going on just because I am WPC. I just really want to see us win and develop solid young people. I have seen more and more folks talk about they are unhappy with the way things are run and I have heard more and more people say they will stop giving till things change. All I was saying is if this is what you choose to do, it better be in big numbers and you better have a clear statement of what you are trying to achieve with doing so. I personally think it's a terrible time to withhold money because we have great momentum in a lot of our spots. I support giving more and athletics spending more right now.
82TxPackFan
Pakbackr said:

Did they happen to mention which year the announcement would be made in??
89_Grad
TraCha4 said:

First off, my references is not off. WPC members write the checks to the WPC. NC State athletics rely on that WPC money. Secondly I never suggested that withholding money from the WPC is the way to handle or the way that I support. Third my post was not specifically directed to this baseball project. There has been a lot of WPC members unhappy with the way the WPC is run and people are also unhappy with the transparency from the athletic administration. Do they owe us transparency…. not necessarily, however it would be nice to have a little more than what we receive. I personally am not a guy that really needs to know what all is going on just because I am WPC. I just really want to see us win and develop solid young people. I have seen more and more folks talk about they are unhappy with the way things are run and I have heard more and more people say they will stop giving till things change. All I was saying is if this is what you choose to do, it better be in big numbers and you better have a clear statement of what you are trying to achieve with doing so. I personally think it's a terrible time to withhold money because we have great momentum in a lot of our spots. I support giving more and athletics spending more right now.
you talking about prosaic stuff like "they didn't give me the seat/parking pass I wanted", or something more serious?

I don't think they pay the slightest attention to what I write on my season ticket applications for baseball and womens basketball (non seat rights tickets) in terms of desired seat location, but I blame myself for that as much as them, because I don't ever take the time to pick up the phone and fuss at them.
A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds.
BobbyCox95
Brilliant move by Boo here. Keep delaying an announcement until everyone stops talking about it and we move on to something else.
metcalfmafia
Maybe they are thinking about this as a Christmas gift to WPN?
JeffKuh
The day we fire this buffoon cannot get here soon enough.
Wolfer79
Stetson

Here is some video to show some of the improvements planned for Melching Field. #BlueCollar https://t.co/VNrkoRExBP
Wolfpacklife
Wolfer79 said:

Stetson

Here is some video to show some of the improvements planned for Melching Field. #BlueCollar https://t.co/VNrkoRExBP

Now thats awesome. I like the double decker picnic style area down 3rd base line. Very cool additions
Lagniappe
BobbyCox95 said:

Brilliant move by Boo here. Keep delaying an announcement until everyone stops talking about it and we move on to something else.
I hear the wheels are turning, slowly, but things are moving.
PackFansXL
I wonder if the hesitation for baseball improvement was based on a need to ensure available funds exist for our football staff as the first priority.
pack2010
Wolfer79 said:

Stetson

ahh and another mid major lapping us. BuT tHeRe IsNt EnOuGh MoNeY

looks awesome
Pakbackr
Tic Toc
metcalfmafia
Pakbackr said:

Tic Toc
See now we can't announce because we don't want to take the excitement out of the Christmas season
Pack87
Wolfpacklife said:

Wolfer79 said:

Stetson

Now thats awesome. I like the double decker picnic style area down 3rd base line. Very cool additions
While I know that would not be cheap, I think it is along the lines of what needs to be done at the Doak. It is a little bigger with some nice upgrades, certain things could be added in phases. I don't have big bucks to contribute, but would at least be willing to donate to something like this.
BobbyCox95
metcalfmafia said:

Pakbackr said:

Tic Toc
See now we can't announce because we don't want to take the excitement out of the Christmas season
Don't forget Valentines Day, then Easter, then Spring Commencement, July 4th.........
Bell Tower Grey
JeffKuh
Name just one of these "many strengths."

89_Grad said:

JeffKuh
There is always an excuse. We seem to be the only school in the university system that can't get anything moving. At some point you have to conclude this AD is a deadbeat.

Gravis said:

TraCha4 said:

Wolfpacklife
JeffKuh said:

There is always an excuse. We seem to be the only school in the university system that can't get anything moving. At some point you have to conclude this AD is a deadbeat.

Gravis said:

TraCha4 said:

Dang man did boo kick your dog or something? Some serious animosity
Gravis

He's just trolling, trying to stir sheet up.

Just pay him no mind, same guy tried to blow up the game thread after the bball game last weekend.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.