NASCAR 2024

94,637 Views | 1694 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by ncsupack1
TheStorm
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ncsupack1 said:

Wolfer79 said:

Lord
PLEASE. No new Road Course / Street Race locations UNLESS it replaces a current one... it made me sick to my stomach to watch that sht on Sunday knowing that it could have been running on the traditional Charlotte1.5 mile oval instead.
caryking
GetOffMyLawnPack said:

caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

Joke of a law suit. This thing gets settled sooner rather than later.
Perhaps…. That said, nascar is no different than the FIA in F1 racing. I respect their place; however, like most large businesses, they go astray the bigger they get.
True, but NASCAR isn't a league that the teams are owners in, ie, NFL, NBA, NHL. NASCAR today, is what it pretty much has been since day one, heck even Hamlin and Jordan's lawyer admitted that they can race as a open team, without the " restrictions " as the charter teams. One could argue that NASCAR had more control years ago. Shoot, at least now they talk to the teams before rule changes.
I really don't follow it that closely…. So, NASCAR, NBA, etc… are non-profits, right? What is NASCAR?
Not really sure, I do know that it is a privately company. All NASCAR is, is a sanctioning body of a race.
I think that's the same as the FIA.
I got ya.
Actually, NASCAR owns a boat load of the tracks, so, I'm not sure how that works with all this. Also, why does a team have to buy a charter, if they are just a sanctioning body. I'm not sure what I'm missing…
I think at least one reason is that sponsors who are paying Texa$ have a reasonable assurance that the car they are sponsoring is going to be on the racetrack showing their advertising every weekend. Guaranteed starting slot is part of the charter.
I understand all that…. I just views things a little different. If a sponsor wants to sponsor, they take a risk in that marketing effort. It's just like any other business and marketing decision. Also, if a team/drivers doesn't make a race, then… it is what it is…

As much as I don't like the FIA, there (control) model makes more sense than NASCAR. Each team has two entries. All 20 cars make the race. Those 10 teams actually can hold up another team from entering the grid.

If we are into guaranteed spots, let's really control things…

15 Teams (guaranteed spots)
2 or 3 cars per team (all teams would have to be the same)
No buy-in
If a team drops out, a new team would have to go through qualification (to be designated) to join
Your money is based on your sponsors or other revenues
Probably have a spending cap, although this one gets dicey…
Wolfer79
ncsupack1
So, I guess this means that Kroger is headed to RFK. JGR was in the running for the sponsor.
TheStorm
I thought little Ricky's #47 had been carrying the Kroger brand?
ncsupack1
TheStorm said:

I thought little Ricky's #47 had been carrying the Kroger brand?

It has for many years. JTG is going through an owner shake up and the rumor is that RFK is going to land the sponsor. Ryan Preece is the leading candidate for the 3 third RFK ride. ( Ryan) has a past relationship with the brand.
Wolfer79
NASCAR
NASCAR Xfinity Series Playoffs
Round of 8
Ambetter Health 302, Las Vegas Motor Speedway, Las Vegas, NV
Practice and Qualifying USA Network, 6:30 p.m.
Wolfer79
Friday, October 18
6:30 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series: Practice and Qualifying at Las Vegas Motor Speedway, USA
8:30 p.m., Kevin Harvick's Happy Hour: Charlotte Roval Recap (re-air), FS1
Wolfer79
@DaleJr: "I do not like how NASCAR has been characterized or Jim France has kind of been characterized in some of the comments I've read. ... Because listen, I'll criticize them all day long. ... But it's kind of like that's my family."

Wolfer79
Jordan and Hamlin are learning FAFO

NASCAR has started the Process of Revoking 23XI and FRM's Charters.

Wolfer79
Saturday, October 19

6 a.m., Kevin Harvick's Happy Hour: Ricky Stenhouse Jr. Interview (re-air), FS2
6:30 a.m., Kevin Harvick's Happy Hour (re-air), FS2
11:30 a.m., Kevin Harvick's Happy Hour (re-air), FS2
2:45 p.m., NASCAR Weekly Racing at Riverhead Raceway, FloRacing
4:30 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Practice and Qualifying at Las Vegas Motor Speedway, USA
7 p.m., NASCAR Countdown Live, The CW

7:30 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series: Ambetter Health 302 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway, The CW
Wolfer79
NASCAR
NASCAR Cup Series Playoffs
Round of 8
South Point 400, Las Vegas Motor Speedway, Las Vegas, NV
Announcers: Leigh Diffey/Jeff Burton/Steve Letarte//Kim Coon/Marty Snider/Dillon Welch
Practice and Qualifying USA Network, 4:30 p.m.
NASCAR Xfinity Series Playoffs
Round of 8
Ambetter Health 302, Las Vegas Motor Speedway, Las Vegas, NV
Announcers: Rick Allen/Jeff Burton/Steve Letarte
Race The CW, 7:30 p.m.
NASCAR Countdown Live The CW, 7 p.m.
ncsupack1
Wolfer79
Sunday, October 20

2 p.m., NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour at North Wilkesboro Speedway, FloRacing
2 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Countdown to Green, NBC
2:30 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: South Point 400 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway, NBC
2:45 p.m., NASCAR Weekly Racing at Riverhead Raceway, FloRacing
9 p.m., Kevin Harvick's Happy Hour: Ricky Stenhouse Jr. Interview (re-air), FS2
9:30 p.m., Kevin Harvick's Happy Hour (re-air), FS2
10 p.m., I Am Kevin Harvick (re-air), FS2
Wolfer79
NASCAR
NASCAR Cup Series Playoffs
Round of 8
South Point 400, Las Vegas Motor Speedway, Las Vegas, NV
Announcers: Leigh Diffey/Jeff Burton/Steve Letarte//Kim Coon//Marty Snider//Dillon Welch
Race NBC, 2:30 p.m.
Announcers: Marty Snider/Brad Daugherty/Dale Jarrett
Countdown to Green NBC, 2 p.m.
Glasswolf
ncsupack1 said:

She needs to let Junior and Kelly have DEI. She can keep the Earnhardt trademark. Is DEI even open as a museum now? Do they still do engines there for ECR anymore?

I'm going to give her the same credit Big E did. If it wasn't for Teresa's business sense, they might not have been a DEI.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em. Jim Valvano.

ncsupack1
Glasswolf said:

ncsupack1 said:

She needs to let Junior and Kelly have DEI. She can keep the Earnhardt trademark. Is DEI even open as a museum now? Do they still do engines there for ECR anymore?

I'm going to give her the same credit Big E did. If it wasn't for Teresa's business sense, they might not have been a DEI.
DEI is now Trackhouse, formerly Chip Ganassi racing. I believe Chip bought what was left of DEI.
Glasswolf
ncsupack1 said:

Glasswolf said:

ncsupack1 said:

DEI is now Trackhouse, formerly Chip Ganassi racing. I believe Chip bought what was left of DEI.
Does the Garage Mahal still exist?

ETA: I see it is a museum.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em. Jim Valvano.

ncsupack1
If you are a Ford guy, ( me ) looks like the 22 is your only hope.
PossumJenkins
ncsupack1 said:

Glasswolf said:

ncsupack1 said:

That's not really the same building. That's def the building they ran out of when they merged…but DEI when it was just DEI was out of the building on hwy 3 in mooresville.
ncsupack1
PossumJenkins said:

ncsupack1 said:

Glasswolf said:

ncsupack1 said:

That's not really the same building. That's def the building they ran out of when they merged…but DEI when it was just DEI was out of the building on hwy 3 in mooresville.
Sorry, I was more so talking about the " team ".
Glasswolf
Logano goes from out to in the final 4. Wow
GetOffMyLawnPack
ncsupack1 said:

IIRC, Earnhardt Sr. is buried on that farm? Makes sense for her to sell it though. I have a 1970 Chevy Nova I tinker on, and currently doing an upgrade, but not spending extra $$ on stainless steel tubing as when I'm gone my wife / kids will probably sell it for cents on the dollar.
ncsupack1
GetOffMyLawnPack said:

ncsupack1 said:

IIRC, Earnhardt Sr. is buried on that farm? Makes sense for her to sell it though. I have a 1970 Chevy Nova I tinker on, and currently doing an upgrade, but not spending extra $$ on stainless steel tubing as when I'm gone my wife / kids will probably sell it for cents on the dollar.

I'll be honest, not sure where Dale is laid to rest.
ncsupack1
Glasswolf said:

I think the 22 wins it.
Glasswolf
ncsupack1 said:

Glasswolf said:

I think the 22 wins it.
He's going to be a tough out for sure.
ncsupack1
Glasswolf said:

ncsupack1 said:

Glasswolf said:

I think the 22 wins it.
He's going to be a tough out for sure.
When we were at the Roval and the 22 was put back in, I told the wife, look out. lol
Glasswolf
ncsupack1 said:

GetOffMyLawnPack said:

ncsupack1 said:

The gravesite of Dale Earnhardt Sr. is located on private property in Mooresville, North Carolina. The land where the site sits is owned by Dale Earnhardt Inc.
ncsupack1
Glasswolf said:

ncsupack1 said:

GetOffMyLawnPack said:

ncsupack1 said:

The gravesite of Dale Earnhardt Sr. is located on private property in Mooresville, North Carolina. The land where the site sits is owned by Dale Earnhardt Inc.
Okay, didn't know this
Glasswolf
ncsupack1 said:

Glasswolf said:

ncsupack1 said:

GetOffMyLawnPack said:

ncsupack1 said:

Okay, didn't know this
And no, visitors(the public) are not allowed.
TheStorm
Cary tried to tell us...

Good race yesterday, while I have to say that I hate a race winner solely on gas mileage and almost no real tire falloff, that's the only way that someone like Logano wins a race like this... and it's the playoffs so you have to do whatever you have to do.

Feel bad for Bell, he was the class of the field... Byron had another good points day too, so I'm okay with that.
ncsupack1
Logano is a master at fuel saving.
erniencsu02
Glasswolf said:

ncsupack1 said:

Glasswolf said:

ncsupack1 said:

GetOffMyLawnPack said:

ncsupack1 said:

Okay, didn't know this
just wait. Once Teresa needs more wealth she'll start selling burial plots to Earnhardt fans so they can be buried by their favorite driver.
Glasswolf
erniencsu02 said:

Glasswolf said:

ncsupack1 said:

Glasswolf said:

ncsupack1 said:

GetOffMyLawnPack said:

ncsupack1 said:

Okay, didn't know this
just wait. Once Teresa needs more wealth she'll start selling burial plots to Earnhardt fans so they can be buried by their favorite driver.
From what I've been told. She's set for life. Not sure why she's selling that property but I can almost promise it's not about the $$$. Dale Earnhardt's collectable's are still selling in the top 3. She owes the rights to everything with the Earnhardt name. Everything.

ncsupack1
Glasswolf said:

erniencsu02 said:

Glasswolf said:

ncsupack1 said:

Glasswolf said:

ncsupack1 said:

GetOffMyLawnPack said:

ncsupack1 said:

Okay, didn't know this
From what I've been told. She's set for life. Not sure why she's selling that property but I can almost promise it's not about the $$$. Dale Earnhardt's collectable's are still selling in the top 3. She owes the rights to everything with the Earnhardt name. Everything.
Hard to say why she is selling, it's hers and she can do what she wants at the end of the day. And to your point, I still see people wearing Dale's shirts and hats at the races. Even see flags, I assume that they aren't Austin fans.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.