NASCAR 2024

62,717 Views | 1376 Replies | Last: 35 min ago by ncsupack1
GetOffMyLawnPack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ncsupack1 said:

erniencsu02 said:

ncsupack1 said:

Looking like going to RCR may have been a mistake for Kyle. Oil leak and going to the back.
where was he going to go? JGR didnt want him back. He has about the most unlikeable personality in the history of sports. Lucky he got with RCR
He interviewed with SHR but his truck team kept him from going there. Which now isn't a problem since that has been sold. BTW, that comment was more so me being a smart as@.
Busch cannot buy a break. Wouldn't be surprised if he hung it up after this season. He made the comment during an interview a week or so ago that, "my days in racing are numbered". He knows. Busch is an old school racer who is now surrounded by young bucks who race on simulators all week. Old guys like Keselowski hang around because the quality of his team and good chemistry make up for a lot.
ncsupack1
GetOffMyLawnPack said:

ncsupack1 said:

erniencsu02 said:

ncsupack1 said:

Looking like going to RCR may have been a mistake for Kyle. Oil leak and going to the back.
where was he going to go? JGR didnt want him back. He has about the most unlikeable personality in the history of sports. Lucky he got with RCR
He interviewed with SHR but his truck team kept him from going there. Which now isn't a problem since that has been sold. BTW, that comment was more so me being a smart as@.
Busch cannot buy a break. Wouldn't be surprised if he hung it up after this season. He made the comment during an interview a week or so ago that, "my days in racing are numbered". He knows. Busch is an old school racer who is now surrounded by young bucks who race on simulators all week. Old guys like Keselowski hang around because the quality of his team and good chemistry make up for a lot.

Agree. Wouldn't surprise me either.
Wolfer79

Monday, July 15
8 p.m., NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series: CRC Brakleen 175 at Pocono Raceway (re-air), FS2

Tuesday, July 16
Wednesday, July 17

12:30 a.m., NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series: CRC Brakleen 175 at Pocono Raceway (re-air), FS2
2:30 a.m., NASCAR Race Hub Presents: Best of Radioactive (re-air), FS2

Thursday, July 18
1 a.m., NASCAR Race Hub Presents: Best of Radioactive (re-air), FS2
2 a.m., NASCAR Race Hub Presents: Pioneers of Speed (re-air), FS2
2:30 a.m., NASCAR Race Hub Presents: The Victory Lap (re-air), FS2
3 a.m., NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series: CRC Brakleen 175 at Pocono Raceway (re-air), FS1
3:30 a.m., NASCAR Race Hub Presents: The Victory Lap (re-air), FS2
5 a.m., NASCAR Presents: Neil Bonnett (re-air), FS1

Friday, July 19
3:30 p.m., NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series: Practice and Qualifying at Lucas Oil Indianapolis Raceway Park, FS1
5 p.m., NASCAR Race Hub Presents: Best of Radioactive: Trucks (re-air), FS1
5:30 p.m., ARCA Menards Series: Circle City 200 at Lucas Oil Indianapolis Raceway Park, FS1
6:30 p.m., NASCAR Weekly Racing at Autodrome Granby, FloRacing
7:30 p.m., NASCAR Race Hub Presents: Best of Radioactive (re-air), FS1
8:30 p.m., NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series: TSport 200 at Lucas Oil Indianapolis Raceway Park, FS1

Saturday, July 20

Midnight, NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series: TSport 200 at Lucas Oil Indianapolis Raceway Park (re-air), FS1
8:30 a.m., NASCAR Race Hub Presents: The Victory Lap (re-air), FS1
9 a.m., ARCA Menards Series: Circle City 200 at Lucas Oil Indianapolis Raceway Park (re-air), FS1
Noon, NASCAR Xfinity Series: Qualifying at Indianapolis Motor Speedway, USA
1 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Qualifying at Indianapolis Motor Speedway, USA
1:30 p.m., NASCAR Modified Tour at Monadnock Speedway, FloRacing
1:30 p.m., NASCAR Canada Series at Sutherland Automotive Speedway, FloRacing
2:30 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Victory Lane Review, USA
3 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series: Countdown to Green, USA
3:30 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series: Pennzoil 250 at Indianapolis Motor Speedway, USA
4:15 p.m., NASCAR Weekly Racing at Jennerstown Speedway, FloRacing
4:30 p.m., NASCAR Weekly Racing at Riverhead Raceway, FloRacing
6 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series: Post Race, USA
6:30 p.m., NASCAR Weekly Racing at Berlin Raceway, FloRacing
7 p.m., NASCAR Weekly Racing at Hickory Motor Speedway, FloRacing

Sunday, July 21

10 a.m., Greatest Races: NASCAR (re-air), FS1
2:30 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Brickyard 400 at Indianapolis Motor Speedway, NBC

Editor's note: 2024 NASCAR TV Schedule is updated weekly throughout the season.

ncsupack1
I'm so glad to see this race back on the oval. My guess is what we saw yesterday, will more than likely look similar to this coming up Sunday.
Wolfer79
Impassioned Denny Hamlin paints bleak future for NASCAR unless concessions are made

https://www.on3.com/pro/news/impassioned-denny-hamlin-paints-bleak-future-for-nascar-unless-concessions-are-made/
ncsupack1
Wolfer79 said:

Impassioned Denny Hamlin paints bleak future for NASCAR unless concessions are made

https://www.on3.com/pro/news/impassioned-denny-hamlin-paints-bleak-future-for-nascar-unless-concessions-are-made/
I read that and not sure what to take from it. Seems like both parties are very much apart.
ncsupack1
Sad if true. I can't find anything confirming or denying this.

ncsupack1

I like
GetOffMyLawnPack
ncsupack1 said:

I think most of us saw this kind of thing coming. Honestly, I don't see how the smaller leagues keep going. Many of them are almost self funded meaning you pay a helluva entry fee that is a major revenue source for the league. My neighbor won the CARS tour about 8 or so years ago. His Dad lamented that his first place trophy was really chintzy (I agree).

Hard to see how, for example, that both ARCA and Xfinity can keep going. Nobody's watching. Or attending for the most part.

Nascar Cup hasn't had a series sponsor of note since Monster drinks pulled out.
Wolfer79
ncsupack1
Wolfer79 said:

Good looking car
Glasswolf
GetOffMyLawnPack said:

ncsupack1 said:

I think most of us saw this kind of thing coming. Honestly, I don't see how the smaller leagues keep going. Many of them are almost self funded meaning you pay a helluva entry fee that is a major revenue source for the league. My neighbor won the CARS tour about 8 or so years ago. His Dad lamented that his first place trophy was really chintzy (I agree).

Hard to see how, for example, that both ARCA and Xfinity can keep going. Nobody's watching. Or attending for the most part.

Dan Matthews, the son of Farmer John Matthews told me when he was running the Hooters Cup Series it took about $250,000 in sponsorships to keep his car on the track. Glen Simpkins use to by engines for his T-Birds he raced at Wake County from Robert Yates lol

Here's Farmer Johns car that he raced at Wilson County Speedway

Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

ncsupack1
Glasswolf said:

GetOffMyLawnPack said:

ncsupack1 said:

Dan Matthews, the son of Farmer John Matthews told me when he was running the Hooters Cup Series it took about $250,000 in sponsorships to keep his car on the track. Glen Simpkins use to by engines for his T-Birds he raced at Wake County from Robert Yates lol

That's a cool story on Glen and Yates. Love hearing these old stories.
WarrenPeace
ncsupack1 said:

Glasswolf said:

GetOffMyLawnPack said:

ncsupack1 said:

I do as well. My great grandfather and uncle built engines for cars that raced at Wilson County Speedway. I was just a small kid and barely remember any of it but I would be interested to see more pictures Glass had from that time.
Wolfer79
Soon.' That was [track owner] Dan Lovenheim's answer to the question of when high-level racing will be returning to the iconic Rockingham Speedway." - @ROSports_

https://richmondobserver.com/local-sports/lovenheim-teases-very-good-times-ahead-for-rockingham-speedway-at-open-house.html
Wolfer79
New Raising Cane's in Daytona Beach pays homage to NASCAR, local icons

https://www.fox35orlando.com/news/daytona-beach-raising-canes-new-location-opening-date
Wolfer79
ncsupack1
Wolfer79 said:

Soon.' That was [track owner] Dan Lovenheim's answer to the question of when high-level racing will be returning to the iconic Rockingham Speedway." - @ROSports_

https://richmondobserver.com/local-sports/lovenheim-teases-very-good-times-ahead-for-rockingham-speedway-at-open-house.html

ARCA maybe trucks, but I don't see CUP or Xfinity.
Glasswolf
ncsupack1 said:

Glasswolf said:

GetOffMyLawnPack said:

ncsupack1 said:

They only reason I know this is because I stopped by their shop one day and they were working on the car before the season. I asked either Walter or Glen if I could take the car for a spin on the track and he told me I could as long as I paid for the engine in case I blew it up. That's when he told me it was a yates engine. Lot of guys actually had engines built by Cotton Owens back it the 70's at Wilson County.

ncsupack1
Wow, that's pretty cool
Glasswolf

Dale Earnhardt, his Father in Law Robert Gee on his left, and the owner of a car dealership in Snow Hill, NC November of 1977 at Wilson County. Race use to be the Joe Weatherly Memorial. Interesting fact. Earnhardt lapped the field. So did the 2nd place car, Tommy Houston, who later become his father in law.

K.T. Simpkins, John Matthews, Glenn Simpkins and Talmadge Simpkins.

Wolfer79
Indy oval's return restores a crown jewel to NASCAR schedule
https://www.espn.com/racing/story/_/id/40575216/indianapolis-oval-return-restores-crown-jewel-nascar-schedule
ncsupack1
Glasswolf said:

Dale Earnhardt, his Father in Law Robert Gee on his left, and the owner of a car dealership in Snow Hill, NC November of 1977 at Wilson County. Race use to be the Joe Weatherly Memorial. Interesting fact. Earnhardt lapped the field. So did the 2nd place car, Tommy Houston, who later become his father in law.

K.T. Simpkins, John Matthews, Glenn Simpkins and Talmadge Simpkins.

Thanks for sharing. If you got anymore please share.
Glasswolf
I think back now that there were a ton of 68 and 69 Camero's and 68/69 Chevy Chevelle's, 65/66 Impala's chopped up and used for these race cars. Ford Falcons. 55/56/57 Chevy Belairs. My Dad raced 2 years and ran a 55 Ford Fairlane and a 57 Fairlane.

Glasswolf

2 of the best to ever do it at Wilson. #16 John Matthews and #88 Mutt Powell

My favorite driver growing up, Al Grinnan

And from the start of a race

ncsupack1
Awesome! Keep them coming, I love these old tracks and races. Got any with Wake?
Glasswolf
ncsupack1 said:

Awesome! Keep them coming, I love these old tracks and races. Got any with Wake?
Digging through them. Found some from Fayetteville Speedway. Also found some for Martinsville when they would run modified's. Cardinal Twin 125's. First time I remember seeing Richie Evans race.

ncsupack1
Glasswolf said:

ncsupack1 said:

Digging through them. Found some from Fayetteville Speedway. Also found some for Martinsville when they would run modified's. Cardinal Twin 125's. First time I remember seeing Richie Evans race.
Nice.
erniencsu02
Glasswolf said:

ncsupack1 said:

apparently I saw Richie Evans race at Martinsville in 84 or 85 but I was too young to remember it.
Glasswolf
erniencsu02 said:

Glasswolf said:

ncsupack1 said:

apparently I saw Richie Evans race at Martinsville in 84 or 85 but I was too young to remember it.
I saw him in the early to mid 70's. Ray Hendrick also.

Glasswolf
October 29, 1978: Geoff Bodine and Sam Ard celebrate in Victory Lane at Martinsville Speedway following the Cardinal 500 Classic. Bodine took the win in the NASCAR Modified Tour segment while Ard took the checkered first in the NASCAR Late Model Sportsman half.

GetOffMyLawnPack
My Dad and I spent many Saturday nights at Wilson County Speedway. When we were behind a pickup truck with a race car trailer coming south on 301, you could count on the race truck turning into the ABC store Liquid courage.

Yeah, if Farmer John had a problem, the racetrack would often accommodate him. I remember once he had a transmission failure and they literally stopped the race while his crew thrashed under the car to replace it. Good times!
ncsupack1
Thanks for sharing everyone. Unfortunately I don't have the stories that some of you do.
Glasswolf
GetOffMyLawnPack said:

My Dad and I spent many Saturday nights at Wilson County Speedway. When we were behind a pickup truck with a race car trailer coming south on 301, you could count on the race truck turning into the ABC store Liquid courage.

Yeah, if Farmer John had a problem, the racetrack would often accommodate him. I remember once he had a transmission failure and they literally stopped the race while his crew thrashed under the car to replace it. Good times!

Whether my Dad was racing or we were watching our trip included a stop at Parker's. After he stopped racing we'd sit on the top row right beside the announcers booth. Dad got to be good friends with Jim Rochelle, the track announcer. We had known James Jones, Cliff Winstead, Snapper Capps and Nick Gwaltney for years. Nick was related to us by marriage.

Rochelle moved on to doing track announcing at Southern National and he called me when my Dad passed away in 95 and said they were going to do a "missing man" salute to him during one of the sportsman class races and I got to attend. That was a very nice gesture.

ncsupack1
Glasswolf said:

GetOffMyLawnPack said:

Whether my Dad was racing or we were watching our trip included a stop at Parker's. After he stopped racing we'd sit on the top row right beside the announcers booth. Dad got to be good friends with Jim Rochelle, the track announcer. We had known James Jones, Cliff Winstead, Snapper Capps and Nick Gwaltney for years. Nick was related to us by marriage.

Rochelle moved on to doing track announcing at Southern National and he called me when my Dad passed away in 95 and said they were going to do a "missing man" salute to him during one of the sportsman class races and I got to attend. That was a very nice gesture.

Snapper Capps, is that any relation to the Ron Capps that raced at Wake until here recently when mod 4s got the boot?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.