NASCAR 2024

18,157 Views | 568 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by ncsupack1
Wolfer79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
wolf howl
If you haven't watched Nascar: Full Speed on Netflix it's worth a viewing. I use to be a bigger fan than I am now but mostly because the drivers I cared about aged out and none of the younger ones really made me care. This series is good in that it takes you through the end of the season as the playoffs are kicking off and just some of the behind the scenes stuff. Only 5 one hour episodes total so an easy thing to get through.

It did make me appreciate a couple of the younger guys so I'll probably tune in a little more this season just to cheer for them some. Hopefully they'll do another season this year.
ncsupack1
wolf howl said:

If you haven't watched Nascar: Full Speed on Netflix it's worth a viewing. I use to be a bigger fan than I am now but mostly because the drivers I cared about aged out and none of the younger ones really made me care. This series is good in that it takes you through the end of the season as the playoffs are kicking off and just some of the behind the scenes stuff. Only 5 one hour episodes total so an easy thing to get through.

It did make me appreciate a couple of the younger guys so I'll probably tune in a little more this season just to cheer for them some. Hopefully they'll do another season this year.

I really need to check it out.
PossumJenkins
ncsupack1 said:

wolf howl said:

I thought it was ok, but pretty well done. At the same time I also felt like it was the Denny Hamlin show...and my personal history there probably colors that not as interesting as it may be to others...hahaha
ncsupack1
PossumJenkins said:

ncsupack1 said:

wolf howl said:

I thought it was ok, but pretty well done. At the same time I also felt like it was the Denny Hamlin show...and my personal history there probably colors that not as interesting as it may be to others...hahaha

I've heard that about Denny and the show. Buddy of mine warned me lol
Wolfer79
NASCAR
NASCAR Xfinity Series
United Rentals 300, Daytona International Speedway, Daytona Beach, FL
Announcers: Adam Alexander/Austin Dillon/Brad Keselowski//Josh Sims//Regan Smith
Race FS1, 11 a.m.
NASCAR Cup Series
Daytona 500, Daytona International Series, Daytona Beach, FL
Announcers: Mike Joy/Clint Bowyer/Kevin Harvick/Larry McReynolds/Michael Waltrip//Jamie Little//Josh Sims//Regan Smith
Race Fox, 4 p.m.
Glasswolf
The 11 am race has been moved back to after the cup race
Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

Wolfer79

Daytona 500
NASCAR Cup Series
4 pm ET
FOX

@mikejoy500 (pbp), @ClintBowyer (analyst), @KevinHarvick (analyst), @LarryMac28 (race analyst); @JamieLittleTV, @ReganSmith & @JoshRSims (reporters) plus @MW55 #Daytona500 #NASCAR

ncsupack1
Glasswolf said:

Sucks.
TheStorm
Glasswolf said:

Lol... everytime that I'm just getting ready to check the TV again.

*I do want to applaud NASCAR on how they've handled this though. They've made all the right calls as far as I am concerned and didn't jerk us around by making people tune in yesterday to get strung along when there was absolutely no chance of running.
Wolfer79
Daytona 500
NASCAR Cup Series
4 pm ET
MRN Radio

@TheAlexHayden, @JeffStriegle & @RustyWallace (booth); @DGodfatherMoody @TheMikeBagley & @dillon_welch (turns); @ThePostman68 @JasonToy1 & @kimmiecoon (pits) on the national radio call. #Daytona500 #NASCAR

TheStorm
Man, I love the Thunderbirds!
TheStorm
TheStorm said:

Man, I love the Thunderbirds!
Nice touch there also with The Rock giving the command...
caryking
Early crash…
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
Glasswolf
caryking said:

Early crash…
Late crash lol

Packchem91
Glasswolf said:

caryking said:

Early crash…
Late crash lol

Those in car shots showed some violence. Can see how wrists get broken
TheStorm
**** yeah! Finally baby!

Great race. Chastain could have easily won (he was literally a few inches from pulling it off) and Bowman almost did… Byron finally gets the right luck in a superspeedway race. I'll take it.
ncsupack1
Packchem91 said:

Glasswolf said:

caryking said:

Early crash…
Late crash lol

Apparently this new car produces violent impacts.
TheStorm
ncsupack1 said:

Packchem91 said:

Glasswolf said:

caryking said:

Early crash…
Late crash lol

I really thought Harvick was great on the broadcast last night.
ncsupack1
TheStorm said:

ncsupack1 said:

Packchem91 said:

Glasswolf said:

caryking said:

Early crash…
Late crash lol

I really thought Harvick was great on the broadcast last night.

I watched but usually have the radio on. I'm still adjusting to him not being in a car. Was my favorite driver since 2001…lol. But yes, from what I have watched did great.
Glasswolf
ncsupack1 said:

Packchem91 said:

Glasswolf said:

caryking said:

Early crash…
Late crash lol

Harvick said the wrist injuries are more prevalent with the rack and pinion steering. Most drivers have now started to just let go of the wheel because because it jerks so violently.

ncsupack1
Glasswolf said:

ncsupack1 said:

Packchem91 said:

Glasswolf said:

caryking said:

Early crash…
Late crash lol

Harvick said the wrist injuries are more prevalent with the rack and pinion steering. Most drivers have now started to just let go of the wheel because because it jerks so violently.

Agree. You can see the drivers let go most of the time from the steering wheel.
wolf howl
ncsupack1 said:

Glasswolf said:

ncsupack1 said:

Packchem91 said:

Glasswolf said:

caryking said:

Early crash…
Late crash lol

One of the replays last night during the big wreck with around 10 laps left showed the driver just letting go of the wheel, spinning around and then it straightened up, he grabbed it back and kept on driving forward. Sometimes Jesus just needs to take the wheel. lol
ncsupack1
wolf howl said:

ncsupack1 said:

Glasswolf said:

ncsupack1 said:

Packchem91 said:

Glasswolf said:

caryking said:

Early crash…
Late crash lol

One of the replays last night during the big wreck with around 10 laps left showed the driver just letting go of the wheel, spinning around and then it straightened up, he grabbed it back and kept on driving forward. Sometimes Jesus just needs to take the wheel. lol

Good point
Wolfer79

Viewership figures are not yet in for the Daytona 500, but leading into the race, NASCAR President Steve Phelps told me that when the event gets hit with a weather delay like this year, it typically means an audience drop of anywhere from 20-25% from a normal Daytona 500 number
ncsupack1
Stands looked great. Hopefully they got a decent tv viewing.
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79

.@FoxTV got 6.0 million viewers for Monday's re-scheduled Daytona 500.

The last rain-impacted Daytona 500 in 2021 got 4.83 million viewers but that race finished Sunday night.

The last time there was a Monday finish was 2020 when Trump came; that got 7.33 million viewers.
Wolfer79
Tough break for NASCAR with the rain.

6 million viewers marks the 2nd lowest Daytona 500 figure on record (behind only that 2021 race)

Last year, 8.2 million viewers on Fox

TheStorm
Wolfer79 said:

Great video!
caryking
I think I've set in those same seats.

Remember the July race, where Dale Jr won, and Austin Dillon's car was torn apart at the end. That's where I was sitting, for that race.
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
ncsupack1
Wolfer79 said:

Tough break for NASCAR with the rain.

6 million viewers marks the 2nd lowest Daytona 500 figure on record (behind only that 2021 race)

Last year, 8.2 million viewers on Fox

Sucks with the rain. Still strong numbers for a Monday.
ncsupack1
Wolfer79 said:

I guess Smithfield didn't completely leave the sport. Also, seems like more and more teams are going to the B2B model of sponsorship. Smart move.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.