NASCAR 2024

68,967 Views | 1449 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by Wolfer79
TheStorm
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wolfer79 said:

.@NBCSports is experimenting with how it displays ads during NASCAR races, with a plan to show no full-screen commercials during green-flag action at the upcoming races at Daytona, Atlanta and Talladega.

Fox has already been doing that...
ncsupack1
TheStorm said:

Wolfer79 said:

Racer/team owner Denny Hamlin argues NASCAR should take less TV money for better start times

https://t.co/nesGMEPE8B
Yep.

Then Denny will complain on his podcast about how the race teams aren't making enough money from NASCAR. Lol
PossumJenkins
ncsupack1 said:

TheStorm said:

Wolfer79 said:

Racer/team owner Denny Hamlin argues NASCAR should take less TV money for better start times

Yep.

Then Denny will complain on his podcast about how the race teams aren't making enough money from NASCAR. Lol
No Denny fan haha...but he has some valid points. Does diminish sponsor value which is life blood of the team...and the teams absolutely get too little of the overall pie TV pie. As I mentioned, tracks get a considerably larger percentage to the point that they would be profitable even without a single fan in attendance (not surprising when the family also owns an entity that owns half the tracks...I imagine if the family had an entity that owned half the teams in a similar set up...the team cut would likely be significantly larger) haha.
ncsupack1
PossumJenkins said:

ncsupack1 said:

TheStorm said:

Wolfer79 said:

Yep.

No Denny fan haha...but he has some valid points. Does diminish sponsor value which is life blood of the team...and the teams absolutely get too little of the overall pie TV pie. As I mentioned, tracks get a considerably larger percentage to the point that they would be profitable even without a single fan in attendance (not surprising when the family also owns an entity that owns half the tracks...I imagine if the family had an entity that owned half the teams in a similar set up...the team cut would likely be significantly larger) haha.

I get it. I'm just throwing shade at DH. He does make some good points.
PossumJenkins
ncsupack1 said:

PossumJenkins said:

ncsupack1 said:

TheStorm said:

Wolfer79 said:

Yep.

I get it. I'm just throwing shade at DH. He does make some good points.
Oh you know I'm all here for the DH shade. Larson said it best last year. He's never wrong. Try playing in a fantasy football league with him. Haha
ncsupack1

They will appeal
GetOffMyLawnPack
Wolfer79 said:

When we lived in exile from NC in Rockford, IL, there were several Beef-A-Roos around. They make a good hamburger. FWIW, they sponsored at the Rockford Speedway (speedway closed now ). So they aren't strangers to race sponsorship.
GetOffMyLawnPack
TheStorm said:

Wolfer79 said:

.@NBCSports is experimenting with how it displays ads during NASCAR races, with a plan to show no full-screen commercials during green-flag action at the upcoming races at Daytona, Atlanta and Talladega.

It was either TBS or speed channel actually pioneered this iirc. They copyrighted "no brakes coverage" describing them doing this same thing.

If you get old enough (and I am), you'll see many things cycle back through with the implication that they are "new" ideas
TheStorm
GetOffMyLawnPack said:

TheStorm said:

Wolfer79 said:

It was either TBS or speed channel actually pioneered this iirc. They copyrighted "no brakes coverage" describing them doing this same thing.

If you get old enough (and I am), you'll see many things cycle back through with the implication that they are "new" ideas

How about FoxTrax for hockey?
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
"An entity affiliated with Hendrick Motorsports is suing Hooters of America LLC for $1.7 million, plus interest, for alleged unpaid sponsorship fees." -

Wolfer79
Why does rain-hit NASCAR stay with late start times?

https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2024/08/nascar-start-times-debate-why-not-1-pm-ratings/
ncsupack1
Glasswolf
Since it's Daytona weekend and it should be in July I thought I'd share this jewel
Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

ncsupack1
Glasswolf said:

Since it's Daytona weekend and it should be in July I thought I'd share this jewel

That is pretty cool! And yes, I also miss July there.
erniencsu02
Glasswolf said:

that was a little before I was introduced to NASCAR...

But I was there in 92 for his last ever Daytona race. President Bush was there that day. The King led the first 5 laps, which was surreal as everyone was going nuts...but then exhaustion caught up to him as I think he was with the president prior to the race all morning. Eddie Bierschwale relieved him eventually but a historic opportunity was missed as they searched for Dale Sr to get him into the 43 car as Dale was the first car out of the race...but unfortunately Dale had already left the track
Glasswolf
erniencsu02 said:

Glasswolf said:

that was a little before I was introduced to NASCAR...

But I was there in 92 for his last ever Daytona race. President Bush was there that day. The King led the first 5 laps, which was surreal as everyone was going nuts...but then exhaustion caught up to him as I think he was with the president prior to the race all morning. Eddie Bierschwale relieved him eventually but a historic opportunity was missed as they searched for Dale Sr to get him into the 43 car as Dale was the first car out of the race...but unfortunately Dale had already left the track
I always wondered what someone like Dale Sr. could have done in Petty's car. Of course his 200th and last win was the race Reagan was there and gave the command to start the engines from AF1. I had forgotten Mike Curb was the owner of his car then.

Wolfer79
NASCAR
NASCAR Xfinity Series
Wawa 250, Daytona International Speedway, Daytona Beach, FL
Announcers: Leigh Diffey/Jeff Burton/Steve Letarte//Peacock Pit Box: Dale Jarrett/Jimmie Johnson//Dave Burns//Kim Coon//Parker Kligerman//Marty Snider
Qualifying USA Network, 3 p.m.
Race USA Network, 7:30 p.m.

Announcers: Marty Snider/Dale Jarrett/Jimmie Johnson
Countdown to Green USA Network, 7 p.m.
Post-Race Show USA Network, 10 p.m.

NASCAR Cup Series
Coke Zero Sugar 400, Daytona International Speedway, Daytona Beach, FL
Announcers: Leigh Diffey/Jeff Burton/Steve Letarte//Peacock Pit Box: Dale Jarrett/Jimmie Johnson//Dave Burns//Kim Coon//Parker Kligerman//Marty Snider
Qualifying USA Network, 5 p.m.

Victory Lane Review USA Network, 4:30 p.m.
Victory Lane Review USA Network, 6:30 p.m.
Wolfer79
Saturday, August 24

5:30 a.m., Kevin Harvick's Happy Hour: Steve Phelps (re-air), FS1
6 a.m., Kevin Harvick's Happy Hour: Michigan Recap (re-air), FS1
12:15 p.m., IMSA VP Racing SportsCar Challenge Race 1 at Virginia International Raceway, Peacock
2:10 p.m., IMSA Michelin Pilot Challenge: Virginia Is For Racing Lovers Grand Prix at Virginia International Raceway, Peacock
4:45 p.m., IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship: Qualifying at Virginia International Raceway, Peacock
5:15 p.m., NASCAR Canada Series at ICAR Mirabel, FloRacing
5:50 p.m., NASCAR Weekly Racing at Jennerstown Speedway, FloRacing
7 p.m., NASCAR Weekly Racing at Hickory Motor Speedway, FloRacing
7 p.m., Countdown to Green, NBC, Peacock
7:30 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Coke Zero Sugar 400 at Daytona International Speedway, NBC, Peacock
7:45 p.m., NASCAR Championship Night at Bowman Gray Stadium, FloRacing
ncsupack1
Fingers crossed for no rain!
Wolfer79
NASCAR
NASCAR Cup Series
Coke Zero Sugar 400, Daytona International Speedway, Daytona Beach, FL
Race NBC/Peacock, 7:30 p.m.
Announcers: Marty Snider/Dale Jarrett/Jimmie Johnson
Countdown to Green NBC/Peacock, 7 p.m.
erniencsu02
so f'ing sick of finishes being ruined thanks to freezing the field on the last lap.

They act like theyre so worried about safety...well if your that worried about safety then dont put guys in cars at 200mph...I almost rather see AI robots drive and get a green flag finish.
TheStorm
I'll have to remember it's a Saturday night race instead of Sunday afternoon...
ncsupack1
Some insight into the positions being let go.

UPDATE: Stewart-Haas Racing provided the North Carolina Department of Commerce a WARN (Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification) notice this week stating that it will lay off up to 323 employees when the organization shuts down after this season.

More than 50 positions listed had aero, engineer, data or technical in the job title. That's more than 17% of the team's total workforce, which includes flight attendants (five), facilities housekeepers (two) and show car drivers (three), among various positions.

The team listed 12 race engineers and four positions titled third race engineer. The team also listed six engineering interns, four design engineers, three aero CFD design engineers, two vehicle dynamics engineers and a simulation engineer.

ncsupack1
Kinda knew this was coming with Zane out next year.

caryking
Tell me more about Leigh Diffey and NASCAR…. I think he's doing an excellent job…
Glasswolf
caryking said:

Tell me more about Leigh Diffey and NASCAR…. I think he's doing an excellent job…
He called the XFinity race last night and did a fantastic job. I just checked his bio. He's done work for the defunked Speed Channel, IMSA, Formula One, and Indy. Apparently he did the 2015 Championship Race from Homestead with Dale Jarrett, so he's not new to NASCAR.

Glasswolf
My boy Kyle had it. Congrats to Harrison Burton and the Wood Brothers. Jeff Burton calls his son's win at Daytona.

ncsupack1
Big win for the Wood Brothers!
PossumJenkins
Glasswolf said:

caryking said:

He called the XFinity race last night and did a fantastic job. I just checked his bio. He's done work for the defunked Speed Channel, IMSA, Formula One, and Indy. Apparently he did the 2015 Championship Race from Homestead with Dale Jarrett, so he's not new to NASCAR.

Pretty' sure Rick Allen still called the xfinity race last night. They gave Rick every chance. He's just not good. But looks like he'll still call xfinity races. Leigh has a ton of motorsports history. Super sharp. Lot of Indy car time. Leigh is the track and field guy for the Olympics which is normally where you recognize him from. But motorsports is his typewriter
Wolfer79
NASCAR
NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series
Liuna! 175, Milwaukee Mile Speedway, West Allis, WI
Race FS1, 1 p.m.
Wolfer79
TheStorm
caryking said:

I sure as hell hope that he wasn't the guy with the "somewhere from the British Empire" accent... that guy had me wanting to rip my ears off the side of my head before the race was 2/3 over.

He was grating as hell.
Glasswolf
TheStorm said:

caryking said:

I sure as hell hope that he wasn't the guy with the "somewhere from the British Empire" accent... that guy had me wanting to rip my ears off the side of my head before the race was 2/3 over.

He was grating as hell.
He's from Australia and he is an American Citizen lol and he does a great job. Did you ever make it through a race listening to Jackie Stewart? He's driving a fine motor car today! LOL

TheStorm
Glasswolf said:

TheStorm said:

caryking said:

He was grating as hell.
He's from Australia and he is an American Citizen lol and he does a great job. Did you ever make it through a race listening to Jackie Stewart? He's driving a fine motor car today! LOL
OK. Australia was part of the British Empire, thus the comment since I didn't have his accent nailed down to an exact location.

Talked just way, way, way too much for me. Ruined the broadcast as far as I was concerned.

But it is NBC so it fits pretty well with everything else they've done since their part of the season started...

BTW: I have no issue that he's from Australia or anywhere else - he totally dominated the broadcast, talking the entire time - which Jackie Stewart never did.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.