NASCAR 2024

68,961 Views | 1449 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by Wolfer79
Wolfer79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
San Diego has emerged as one of the cities where @NASCAR is interested in hosting a future street race, per sources, as the sanctioning body continues to explore the concept across America.

ncsupack1
Got to feed that Cali market.
caryking
TheStorm said:

Glasswolf said:

TheStorm said:

caryking said:

Tell me more about Leigh Diffey and NASCAR…. I think he's doing an excellent job…
I sure as hell hope that he wasn't the guy with the "somewhere from the British Empire" accent... that guy had me wanting to rip my ears off the side of my head before the race was 2/3 over.

He was grating as hell.
He's from Australia and he is an American Citizen lol and he does a great job. Did you ever make it through a race listening to Jackie Stewart? He's driving a fine motor car today! LOL
OK. Australia was part of the British Empire, thus the comment since I didn't have his accent nailed down to an exact location.

Talked just way, way, way too much for me. Ruined the broadcast as far as I was concerned.

But it is NBC so it fits pretty well with everything else they've done since their part of the season started...

BTW: I have no issue that he's from Australia or anywhere else - he totally dominated the broadcast, talking the entire time - which Jackie Stewart never did.

I enjoyed his call, last night..
caryking
Wolfer79 said:

San Diego has emerged as one of the cities where @NASCAR is interested in hosting a future street race, per sources, as the sanctioning body continues to explore the concept across America.

Why do a double in Las Vegas with F1?
ncsupack1
caryking said:

Wolfer79 said:

Why do a double in Las Vegas with F1?

F1 would never allow that. It's all about them.
ncsupack1
Congrats to the local kid.

GetOffMyLawnPack
TheStorm said:

caryking said:

Tell me more about Leigh Diffey and NASCAR…. I think he's doing an excellent job…
I sure as hell hope that he wasn't the guy with the "somewhere from the British Empire" accent... that guy had me wanting to rip my ears off the side of my head before the race was 2/3 over.

He was grating as hell.
He's Aussie, not British
Wolfer79

Monday, August 26
12:30 a.m., NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series: LiUNA! 175 at The Milwaukee Mile (re-air), FS2
2:30 a.m., ARCA Menards Series: Sprecher 150 at The Milwaukee Mile (re-air), FS2
9 p.m., NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series: LiUNA! 175 at The Milwaukee Mile (re-air), FS2
11 p.m., ARCA Menards Series: Sprecher 150 at The Milwaukee Mile (re-air), FS2

Tuesday, August 27
Wednesday, August 28

1 a.m., Kevin Harvick's Happy Hour: Daytona Recap, FS1
2 a.m., NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series: LiUNA! 175 at The Milwaukee Mile (re-air), FS1
9 a.m., Kevin Harvick's Happy Hour: Daytona Recap (re-air), FS2
10 a.m., Greatest Races: NASCAR (re-air), FS2
7 p.m., NASCAR Race Hub Presents: The Love of Racing (re-air), FS1
9:30 p.m., NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series: LiUNA! 175 at The Milwaukee Mile (re-air), FS2

Thursday, August 29

7 p.m., Kevin Harvick's Happy Hour, FS1

Friday, August 30
5 a.m., Kevin Harvick's Happy Hour: Daytona Recap (re-air), FS1
6 a.m., Kevin Harvick's Happy Hour (re-air), FS2
6:30 p.m., NASCAR Weekly Racing at Autodrome Granby, FloRacing
7 p.m., Kevin Harvick's Happy Hour: Daytona Recap (re-air), FS1
8 p.m., Kevin Harvick's Happy Hour (re-air), FS1

Saturday, August 31

2:30 a.m., Kevin Harvick's Happy Hour (re-air), FS2
9 a.m., NASCAR Race Classic: 1998 Daytona 500 (re-air), FS1
8:30 a.m., Kevin Harvick's Happy Hour: Daytona Recap (re-air), FS2
9:30 a.m., Kevin Harvick's Happy Hour (re-air), FS1
10 a.m., Kevin Harvick's Happy Hour: Daytona Recap (re-air), FS1
10:30 a.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series: Practice and Qualifying at Darlington Raceway, NBC Sports App
12:30 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Practice and Qualifying at Darlington Raceway, USA
2:30 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Victory Lane Review, USA
3 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series: Countdown to Green, USA
3:30 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series: Sport Clips Haircuts VFW Help a Hero 200 at Darlington Raceway, USA
4:30 p.m., NASCAR Weekly Racing at Riverhead Raceway, FloRacing
5:50 p.m., NASCAR Weekly Racing at Jennerstown Speedway, FloRacing
6:45 p.m., NASCAR Weekly Racing at South Boston Speedway, FloRacing
7 p.m., NASCAR Weekly Racing at Langley Speedway, FloRacing

Sunday, September 1

8:30 a.m., NASCAR Youth Series at Darlington, FloRacing
5:30 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Countdown to Green, USA
6 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Cook Out Southern 500 at Darlington Raceway, USA
8:30 p.m., ARCA Menards Series: Southern Illinois 100 at DuQuoin State Fairgrounds, FS1
10 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Post Race, USA
TBD, NASCAR Canada Series at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park, FloRacing

Editor's note: 2024 NASCAR TV Schedule is updated weekly throughout the season.

TheStorm
GetOffMyLawnPack said:

TheStorm said:

caryking said:

He was grating as hell.
He's Aussie, not British

Yes, that has already been established here. Thanks.
PossumJenkins
TheStorm said:

GetOffMyLawnPack said:

TheStorm said:

caryking said:

He was grating as hell.
He's Aussie, not British

Yes, that has already been established here. Thanks.
I think Leigh does a fantastic job and you're probably in the minority here..but likely not everyone will ever be happy. Don't know if it's the accent that bothers you, but hard arguing with Leigh's subject matter. It was constantly amazing to me how much time Rick Allen had spent around motorsports to still be as light on knowledge of the sport as he was/is. At least Leigh will know what lap it is.
TheStorm
I could care less about the accent itself. He was too loud, talked the entire time and for me overshadowed the race.

Just expressing an opinion. I'm the only one person here that didn't appreciate him as the lead broadcaster apparently - and that's fine. I don't even know who he replaced, so it's not something that I was immediately focused on either way.

I just thought he was annoying. I think Michael Waltrip is annoying as well, so for me anyway, he's not the first and I'm sure he won't be the last.
ncsupack1
Lord, don't get me started with Waltrip.
caryking
TheStorm said:

I could care less about the accent itself. He was too loud, talked the entire time and for me overshadowed the race.

Just expressing an opinion. I'm the only one person here that didn't appreciate him as the lead broadcaster apparently - and that's fine. I don't even know who he replaced, so it's not something that I was immediately focused on either way.

I just thought he was annoying. I think Michael Waltrip is annoying as well, so for me anyway, he's not the first and I'm sure he won't be the last.

I liked him!!
TheStorm
Yes, Cary I know… it was just me.
Wolfer79
NASCAR is adding Mexico City to the 2025 Cup Series schedule with announcement planned for Tuesday that will include NASCAR's Ben Kennedy and Daniel Suarez, sources tell @TheAthletic.

ncsupack1
Wolfer79 said:

NASCAR is adding Mexico City to the 2025 Cup Series schedule with announcement planned for Tuesday that will include NASCAR's Ben Kennedy and Daniel Suarez, sources tell @TheAthletic.

Sucks, bye to the Richmond spring race.
Wolfer79
ncsupack1 said:

Wolfer79 said:

Just when I think "NASCAR is out of stupid ideas " they say "Hold our lug wrench" and do stuff like this
ncsupack1

Good
TheStorm
ncsupack1 said:

Wolfer79 said:

I was surprised at how many of the traditional tracks are now down to only 1 race already even before this.

As far as Mexico City goes, I really don't care about "where" they run the races - as much as what quality of racing the track itself can deliver for television viewers.

What's this track going to look like? Anything somewhat similar to it to compare it to?
TheStorm
ncsupack1 said:

Good
Yep. Agree 100%.
ncsupack1
TheStorm said:

ncsupack1 said:

Wolfer79 said:

I was surprised at how many of the traditional tracks are now down to only 1 race already even before this.

As far as Mexico City goes, I really don't care about "where" they run the races - as much as what quality of racing the track itself can deliver for television viewers.

What's this track going to look like? Anything somewhat similar to it to compare it to?

Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez. F1 has raced there. As for losing dates, Richmond has had it coming, one of the largest tv markets for NASCAR but the fans here of late haven't come.
caryking
ncsupack1 said:

TheStorm said:

ncsupack1 said:

Wolfer79 said:

Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez. F1 has raced there. As for losing dates, Richmond has had it coming, one of the largest tv markets for NASCAR but the fans here of late haven't come.
With all these circuits NASCAR is entertaining, you all should just go ahead and start watching F1…
ncsupack1
caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

TheStorm said:

ncsupack1 said:

Wolfer79 said:

With all these circuits NASCAR is entertaining, you all should just go ahead and start watching F1…
lol, not sure about that. Not sure I can watch someone win by 22.8 seconds. IMO, this will calm down, it's not sustainable.
TheStorm
ncsupack1 said:

TheStorm said:

ncsupack1 said:

Wolfer79 said:

Yuck... and nothing to do with being in Mexico City. Hear me out...

We already have:
  • Sonoma
  • Watkins Glen
  • Circuit of the Americas
  • Chicago Street Race
  • Charlotte Roval

So next year that is 6 Road Courses again.

And we just got rid of the Indy Road Course after two difficult years, but curiously enough they pass on that awesome Road Course we ran a couple of years ago in Wisconsin.

Listen, I get that a Road Course will generate more excitement IN MEXICO CITY ITSELF than an oval course does... but we have too many gimmick races going on in the big picture still... and this was after we ruined Bristol, had the Busch Clash in a college football stadium, and didn't run the oval at Indy - all for two years each.

Please don't booger it up so much that we start getting even more races on poorer quality tracks.

* If we have to have a road course there, keep Sonoma and Watkins Glen and get rid of the other ones... Charlotte oval in October used to always be a great race.
ncsupack1
TheStorm said:

ncsupack1 said:

TheStorm said:

ncsupack1 said:

Wolfer79 said:

We already have:
  • Sonoma
  • Watkins Glen
  • Chicago Street Race
  • Charlotte Roval

And we just got rid of the Indy Road Course after two difficult years, but curiously enough they pass on that awesome Road Course we ran a couple of years ago in Wisconsin.

Listen, I get that a Road Course will generate more excitement IN MEXICO CITY ITSELF than an oval course does... but we have too many gimmick races going on in the big picture still... and this was after we ruined Bristol, had the Busch Clash in a college football stadium, and didn't run the oval at Indy - all for two years each.

Please don't booger it up so much that we start getting even more races on poorer quality tracks.

* If we have to have a road course there, keep Sonoma and Watkins Glen and get rid of the other ones... Charlotte oval in October used to always be a great race.
I'm a oval guy, I'm not a fan of this many road races myself. I also never understood why Road America was taken off, they actually sold that place out. IMO, if you are going to show case our sport, do it on a oval, I get thought that these things aren't all over the place.
TraCha4
Stop with the road courses!!!! If I wanted to watch road racing I'd watch F1. Get back on the ovals…… damn! NASCAR always worried about attracting a new audience but forgets about what got them here. Get back to the roots and go fast.
PossumJenkins
TheStorm said:

ncsupack1 said:

TheStorm said:

ncsupack1 said:

Wolfer79 said:

We already have:
  • Sonoma
  • Watkins Glen
  • Chicago Street Race
  • Charlotte Roval

Feel like i heard the roval may be going away but don't quote me on that
ncsupack1
PossumJenkins said:

TheStorm said:

ncsupack1 said:

TheStorm said:

ncsupack1 said:

Wolfer79 said:

We already have:
  • Sonoma
  • Watkins Glen
  • Chicago Street Race
  • Charlotte Roval

Feel like i heard the roval may be going away but don't quote me on that
I've heard the same but was told that it will be back next year. I'm on the fence with the roval, the fan and tv turn out is way better than what the oval had going on. The industry wants it gone, but Smith is selling tickets for two different races on one track, which I totally get. I have different fans that sit around us for these races, used to be empty.
caryking
TraCha4 said:

Stop with the road courses!!!! If I wanted to watch road racing I'd watch F1. Get back on the ovals…… damn! NASCAR always worried about attracting a new audience but forgets about what got them here. Get back to the roots and go fast.
This, I complete agree with…. I posted previously that we need to make more than 50% of the dates, in the southeast…
ncsupack1
caryking said:

TraCha4 said:

This, I complete agree with…. I posted previously that we need to make more than 50% of the dates, in the southeast…
You might get somewhat your wish, hearing that Rockingham is getting a truck and Xfinity race Easter weekend next year. I heard a rumor, not sure the status that NASCAR was in talks to buy the track.
Glasswolf
NASCAR needs to stick to Sonoma and Watkins Glen as far as road courses go. I actually do enjoy those 2. Chicago was a good race minus the rain. Everything else needs to be OVAL.

Indy, Charlotte and Daytona don't ever need to be road course's
GetOffMyLawnPack
ncsupack1 said:

Wolfer79 said:

Damn.
TheStorm
Glasswolf said:

NASCAR needs to stick to Sonoma and Watkins Glen as far as road courses go. I actually do enjoy those 2. Chicago was a good race minus the rain. Everything else needs to be OVAL.

Yep. Keep Sonoma and Watkins Glen - and I GET that they feel they are going to need some token street races / hybrid track races... but please, try to keep them to something like two a year and rotate them around between 5-6 places.

If a track like Atlanta ever loses its 2nd race, I'm going to throw a damn fit.

*that Atlanta spring race was some of the best racing of this entire year.
Wolfer79
ncsupack1
TheStorm said:

Glasswolf said:

Yep. Keep Sonoma and Watkins Glen - and I GET that they feel they are going to need some token street races / hybrid track races... but please, try to keep them to something like two a year and rotate them around between 5-6 places.

If a track like Atlanta ever loses its 2nd race, I'm going to throw a damn fit.

*that Atlanta spring race was some of the best racing of this entire year.

Atlanta has been great since the reconfiguration.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.