NASCAR 2024

38,716 Views | 922 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by ncsupack1
ncsupack1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
caryking said:

Folks, that was a joke (to some degree) about the narrative regarding people posting things from X. It was essentially said that X isn't a news source. Well, if that is the case, then that would make this post, what?


Wolfer79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
caryking said:

Folks, that was a joke (to some degree) about the narrative regarding people posting things from X. It was essentially said that X isn't a news source. Well, if that is the case, then that would make this post, what?


A joke about a joke?

TheStorm
How long do you want to ignore this user?
PossumJenkins said:

WarrenPeace said:

GetOffMyLawnPack said:

TheStorm said:

ncsupack1 said:

TheStorm said:

Chase Elliott, Larson and William Byron starting 4, 5 and 6.

Logano on the pole? Wonder how that will translate for him into the race.

Byron really needs one.


Hard to tell with the 22?
Well, everybody has to "strongly dislike" somebody in the sports world... especially racing. Joey just pushes all the wrong (or do I mean right with this wording?) buttons for me unfortunately.

When my wife - who doesn't even watch racing - randomly comes up to my office to sit with me late on a Sunday afternoon while I'm watching the big screen, and then randomly sees Logano (hopefully after he has just wrecked) and says "there's that guy you hate", then that should tell you all you need to know.
Logano has such a whiny tone it can be grating.


It's that he always has a smirk on his face that pisses me off. Probably a decent enough guy but the fact that he's always smiling annoys me. No one is that damn happy all the time.


He is a smile talker for sure and he can't pronounce the word "the". Drives me crazy
"Sliced Bread"
ncsupack1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wolfer79 said:

caryking said:

Folks, that was a joke (to some degree) about the narrative regarding people posting things from X. It was essentially said that X isn't a news source. Well, if that is the case, then that would make this post, what?


A joke about a joke?




That's what we do here. Lol
Wolfer79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
NASCAR
NASCAR Race Hub Presents: The Victory Lap (series finale) FS1, 6 p.m.
ncsupack1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
End of an era.
ncsupack1
How long do you want to ignore this user?


Sad.
GetOffMyLawnPack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ncsupack1 said:



Sad.
Agreed. But I have to say, 15 years is a good run for a television show. One thought that crossed my mind is that in the recent years, the show content quality greatly improved. They got out that trademark Fox network juvenile silliness that seems to predominate in their sports broadcasts.

Unreal how many people it takes to do shows like that. I hope one of the new networks will pick up the concept and do a similar show, but not too hopeful.
ncsupack1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
GetOffMyLawnPack said:

ncsupack1 said:



Sad.
Agreed. But I have to say, 15 years is a good run for a television show. One thought that crossed my mind is that in the recent years, the show content quality greatly improved. They got out that trademark Fox network juvenile silliness that seems to predominate in their sports broadcasts.

Unreal how many people it takes to do shows like that. I hope one of the new networks will pick up the concept and do a similar show, but not too hopeful.



Agree
caryking
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Is Fox done, for the year? We now move onto NBC?? Is Dale Jr. still with NBC, this year?
ncsupack1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
caryking said:

Is Fox done, for the year? We now move onto NBC?? Is Dale Jr. still with NBC, this year?


FOX is done for the year, they will continue doing truck. Dale is no longer with NBC. He is now Amazon.
caryking
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

Is Fox done, for the year? We now move onto NBC?? Is Dale Jr. still with NBC, this year?


FOX is done for the year, they will continue doing truck. Dale is no longer with NBC. He is now Amazon.
Thanks!!

Who's picking up coverage moving forward?
ncsupack1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

Is Fox done, for the year? We now move onto NBC?? Is Dale Jr. still with NBC, this year?


FOX is done for the year, they will continue doing truck. Dale is no longer with NBC. He is now Amazon.
Thanks!!

Who's picking up coverage moving forward?


As for this year, NBC takes over as they have done for past years. The only difference is that when Xfinity enters the playoffs, the CW picks up the coverage. CUP will still be NBC. Next year, the CW will cover all Xfinity like FOX does the trucks.
Glasswolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

Is Fox done, for the year? We now move onto NBC?? Is Dale Jr. still with NBC, this year?


FOX is done for the year, they will continue doing truck. Dale is no longer with NBC. He is now Amazon.
Thanks!!

Who's picking up coverage moving forward?


As for this year, NBC takes over as they have done for past years. The only difference is that when Xfinity enters the playoffs, the CW picks up the coverage. CUP will still be NBC. Next year, the CW will cover all Xfinity like FOX does the trucks.
Dale Jr. is not doing NBC this year correct? Thought I heard he was taking the year off.

ETA: I saw where you already answered my question.
Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

TheStorm
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Fox has done a great job this year in my opinion, and NBC was always somewhat of a drop off previously, even when they had Junior... I hope that somehow I end up pleasantly surprised - but I kind of doubt it right now.
ncsupack1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Glasswolf said:

ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

Is Fox done, for the year? We now move onto NBC?? Is Dale Jr. still with NBC, this year?


FOX is done for the year, they will continue doing truck. Dale is no longer with NBC. He is now Amazon.
Thanks!!

Who's picking up coverage moving forward?


As for this year, NBC takes over as they have done for past years. The only difference is that when Xfinity enters the playoffs, the CW picks up the coverage. CUP will still be NBC. Next year, the CW will cover all Xfinity like FOX does the trucks.
Dale Jr. is not doing NBC this year correct? Thought I heard he was taking the year off.

ETA: I saw where you already answered my question.
To add to this, I believe that Steve Latarte isn't even doing a full year this year.
ncsupack1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TheStorm said:

Fox has done a great job this year in my opinion, and NBC was always somewhat of a drop off previously, even when they had Junior... I hope that somehow I end up pleasantly surprised - but I kind of doubt it right now.
I am a nerd, I listen to either PRN or MRN during the races, I have my scanner running on the lab top. So I can't speak to how each tv booth handles the talking side. The race on tv is on mute. lol
GetOffMyLawnPack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ncsupack1 said:

TheStorm said:

Fox has done a great job this year in my opinion, and NBC was always somewhat of a drop off previously, even when they had Junior... I hope that somehow I end up pleasantly surprised - but I kind of doubt it right now.
I am a nerd, I listen to either PRN or MRN during the races, I have my scanner running on the lab top. So I can't speak to how each tv booth handles the talking side. The race on tv is on mute. lol
I've enjoyed Kevin Harvick in the booth. Just something about his style I think resonates with a lot of people. Of course he knows racing and is adept at explaining things. Entertaining, but not silly like some of the others.
caryking
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TheStorm said:

Fox has done a great job this year in my opinion, and NBC was always somewhat of a drop off previously, even when they had Junior... I hope that somehow I end up pleasantly surprised - but I kind of doubt it right now.
I've always thought Dale Jr is the show, on NBC. His commentary is great! I just like him. In fact, I've preferred watching NBC to Fox. That said, who knows now…. I read where Jimmy Johnson may be in the booth for some races. He has good knowledge; however, his voice has never been one that excites. I guess we will see…
TheStorm
How long do you want to ignore this user?
GetOffMyLawnPack said:

ncsupack1 said:

TheStorm said:

Fox has done a great job this year in my opinion, and NBC was always somewhat of a drop off previously, even when they had Junior... I hope that somehow I end up pleasantly surprised - but I kind of doubt it right now.
I am a nerd, I listen to either PRN or MRN during the races, I have my scanner running on the lab top. So I can't speak to how each tv booth handles the talking side. The race on tv is on mute. lol
I've enjoyed Kevin Harvick in the booth. Just something about his style I think resonates with a lot of people. Of course he knows racing and is adept at explaining things. Entertaining, but not silly like some of the others.

Harvick has been great. I'm a huge Jeff Gordon fan, and I'll be the first to admit that Harvick is much better in the booth than Jeff.
ncsupack1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TheStorm said:

GetOffMyLawnPack said:

ncsupack1 said:

TheStorm said:

Fox has done a great job this year in my opinion, and NBC was always somewhat of a drop off previously, even when they had Junior... I hope that somehow I end up pleasantly surprised - but I kind of doubt it right now.
I am a nerd, I listen to either PRN or MRN during the races, I have my scanner running on the lab top. So I can't speak to how each tv booth handles the talking side. The race on tv is on mute. lol
I've enjoyed Kevin Harvick in the booth. Just something about his style I think resonates with a lot of people. Of course he knows racing and is adept at explaining things. Entertaining, but not silly like some of the others.

Harvick has been great. I'm a huge Jeff Gordon fan, and I'll be the first to admit that Harvick is much better in the booth than Jeff.


I need to take listen next year. I've now heard from a lot of people who say Harvick is great.
ncsupack1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wolfer79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
NASCAR
NASCAR Xfinity Series
Hy Vee Perks 250, Iowa Speedway, Newton, IA
Announcers: Rick Allen/Jeff Burton/Brad Daugherty/Steve Letarte//Dave Burns//Kim Coon//Marty Snider//Dale Jarrett
Practice USA Network, 4:30 p.m.

NASCAR Cup Series
Iowa Corn 350, Iowa Speedway, Newton, IA
Announcers: Rick Allen/Jeff Burton/Brad Daugherty/Steve Letarte//Dave Burns//Kim Coon//Marty Snider//Dale Jarrett
Practice USA Network, 5;30 p.m.
Wolfer79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Friday, June 14
2 a.m., NASCAR Race Hub Presents: Beyond The Wheel (re-air), FS2
3 a.m., NASCAR Race Hub Presents: For The Win (re-air), FS2
4 a.m., NASCAR Race Hub Presents: Retro Radioactive (re-air), FS2
4:30 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series: Practice at Iowa Speedway, USA
5:30 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Practice at Iowa Speedway, USA
6:30 p.m., NASCAR Weekly Racing at Autodrome Granby, FloRacing
8 p.m., ARCA Menards Series: Atlas 150 at Iowa Speedway, FS1
10 p.m., I Am Kevin Harvick (re-air), FS1

Saturday, June 15
ncsupack1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Hate to see him go.


Glasswolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ncsupack1 said:

Hate to see him go.



Been fun to watch all the way back to his DEI days.
Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

ncsupack1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Glasswolf said:

ncsupack1 said:

Hate to see him go.



Been fun to watch all the way back to his DEI days.


Agree
ncsupack1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Lot of tires blowing yesterday, ( front right ).. Although, seems to be set up problem.
Wolfer79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
NASCAR
NASCAR Cup Series
Iowa Corn 350, Iowa Speedway, Newton, IA
Announcers: Rick Allen/Jeff Burton/Brad Daugherty/Steve Letarte//Dave Burns//Kim Coon//Marty Snider
Qualifying USA Network, 1 p.m.
NASCAR Xfinity Series
Hy Vee Perks 250, Iowa Speedway, Newton, IA
Announcers: Rick Allen/Jeff Burton/Brad Daugherty/Steve Letarte//Dave Burns//Kim Coon//Marty Snider
Qualifying USA Network, noon
Race USA Network, 3:30 p.m
Announcers: Marty Snider/Brad Daugherty/Dale Jarrett
Countdown to Green: NASCAR Xfinity Series USA Network, 3 p.m.
Wolfer79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Saturday, June 15

3:30 a.m., ARCA Menards Series: Atlas 150 at Iowa Speedway (re-air), FS1
9 a.m., I Am Kevin Harvick (re-air), FS2
10 a.m., ARCA Menards Series: Atlas 150 at Iowa Speedway (re-air), FS2
Noon, NASCAR Race Hub Presents: The Love of Racing (re-air), FS2
Noon, NASCAR Xfinity Series: Qualifying at Iowa Speedway, USA
1 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Qualifying at Iowa Speedway, USA
3 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series: Countdown to Green, USA
3:30 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series: Hy Vee Perks 250 at Iowa Speedway, USA
4:15 p.m., NASCAR Weekly Racing at Jennerstown Speedway, FloRacing
4:30 p.m., NASCAR Weekly Racing at Riverhead Raceway, FloRacing
6 p.m., NASCAR Weekly Racing at Berlin Raceway, FloRacing
6 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series Post Race, USA
7 p.m., NASCAR Weekly Racing at Hickory Motor Speedway, FloRacing
7 p.m., NASCAR Weekly Racing at Langley Speedway, FloRacing

ncsupack1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I really like the tv coverage of NBC. Wider views and I don't have to look at bumpers for 10 laps...lol
Wolfer79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sunday, June 16

8:30 a.m., NASCAR Youth Series at Pikes Peak, FloRacing
6:30 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Countdown to Green, USA
7 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Iowa Corn 350 Powered by Ethanol at Iowa Speedway, USA
10:30 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series Post Race, USA
Wolfer79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
NASCAR
NASCAR Cup Series
Iowa Corn 350, Iowa Speedway, Newton, IA
Announcers: Rick Allen/Jeff Burton/Brad Daugherty/Steve Letarte//Dave Burns//Kim Coon//Marty Snider//Dale Jarrett
Race USA Network, 7 p.m.
Announcers: Marty Snider/Brad Daugherty/Dale Jarrett
Countdown to Green USA Network, 6;30 p.m.
NASCAR Cup Series Post Race USA Network, 10:30 p.m.
ncsupack1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I think we are going to be surprised today. I think some good racing is ahead, although I do not like night racing.
caryking
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ncsupack1 said:

I think we are going to be surprised today. I think some good racing is ahead, although I do not like night racing.
I appreciate this night race as it allows me to watch the US Open, then the race! BTW, Brad Daughtery is the best! I love his enthusiasm!
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.