NASCAR 2024

18,054 Views | 567 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by PossumJenkins
Davidroy364561
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Bye Bye
ncsupack1
Spam
Wolfer79
.@FoxTV got 4.307 million viewers for Sunday's NASCAR race @Talladega, down 5% from 4.554 million last year but still the second most-watched sport of the weekend after two @NBA playoff games.

ncsupack1
Healthy
WolfpackUSC
New to this thread.

I used to watch and go to nascar races with my father as a child/ teenager. Went to Daytona, Talladega, Charlotte, Rockingham. Grew up loving Bill Elliott and most Ford drivers, and Chase would be my fav today. I know he drives a Chevy…

Kind of fell off watching 10-15 years ago or so. Trying to get back in it.

I did like when they changed the point system to the "reverse order" or whatever. I also like the tournament feel of the chase.

I don't understand the need for the stages and stage points, however.
ncsupack1
Glad to see you getting back into it. The racing is good these days. As for the stages, I wasn't a fan at first but it's grown on me. Last year NASCAR listed and took the breaks out on road courses. Stage end, points awarded but race kept going. Well, the racing suffered and fans complained and by mid year the stages were back. I believe the races were going 1 caution and ending within 2 hours, I think. Any other questions feel free to ask.
caryking
WolfpackUSC said:

New to this thread.

I used to watch and go to nascar races with my father as a child/ teenager. Went to Daytona, Talladega, Charlotte, Rockingham. Grew up loving Bill Elliott and most Ford drivers, and Chase would be my fav today. I know he drives a Chevy…

I did like when they changed the point system to the "reverse order" or whatever. I also like the tournament feel of the chase.

I watch most every weekend. I lost interest for a couple of years; however, I still watch NASCAR a lot. I was always a Dale Earnhardt fan, pulled for Dale Jr, and now I pull for a number of guys. Mostly Hendrick racing, along Blaney and Chastain.

Chase is probably tops for me.
GetOffMyLawnPack
caryking said:

WolfpackUSC said:

New to this thread.

I watch most every weekend. I lost interest for a couple of years; however, I still watch NASCAR a lot. I was always a Dale Earnhardt fan, pulled for Dale Jr, and now I pull for a number of guys. Mostly Hendrick racing, along Blaney and Chastain.

Chase is probably tops for me.
Yes, at this point in my life, I'll probably keep watching (and sleeping) to the broadcasts
GetOffMyLawnPack

Glasswolf
GetOffMyLawnPack said:

Surprised that's the only injury he suffered from that hit. Praying for healing. Took me months to recover from a fracture in my back back in 1996.
Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

ncsupack1
Glasswolf said:

GetOffMyLawnPack said:

Surprised that's the only injury he suffered from that hit. Praying for healing. Took me months to recover from a fracture in my back back in 1996.

The audio from the wreck was very disturbing. Glad to see that he will be okay.
caryking
ncsupack1 said:

Glasswolf said:

GetOffMyLawnPack said:

That's one of the main issues with this new car. Drivers are repeatedly saying the crashes hurt much worse than the old car.
GetOffMyLawnPack
caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

Glasswolf said:

GetOffMyLawnPack said:

That's one of the main issues with this new car. Drivers are repeatedly saying the crashes hurt much worse than the old car.
Kevin Harvick said as much tonight on race hub on FS1
ncsupack1
Cars are too stiff. NASCAR has softened them some but not enough.
TheStorm
caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

Glasswolf said:

GetOffMyLawnPack said:

The angle of that wreck and where is was on the track was eerily reminiscent of the Earnhardt crash at Daytona... thankfully it had a better result. *The replay showed the safer barrier working perfectly as well.
ncsupack1
TheStorm said:

caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

Glasswolf said:

GetOffMyLawnPack said:

The angle of that wreck and where is was on the track was eerily reminiscent of the Earnhardt crash at Daytona... thankfully it had a better result. *The replay showed the safer barrier working perfectly as well.

Agree. Hate crashes like that.
Packchem91
ncsupack1 said:

How do you "loosen" them for that kind of impact? Or any kind of high speed head on crash?

Seeing that crash Sunday, it did make you realize that while perhaps not perfect, it has been many years since NASCAR has had a truly horrific outcome from a crash
ncsupack1
Packchem91 said:

ncsupack1 said:

How do you "loosen" them for that kind of impact? Or any kind of high speed head on crash?

Seeing that crash Sunday, it did make you realize that while perhaps not perfect, it has been many years since NASCAR has had a truly horrific outcome from a crash

Sounds funny but the car needs to break. Right now when an impact happens the energy is going to the weakest point, which is the driver. What needs to happen ( NASCAR is working on) is to get the energy out. Notice how we don't have the tires going down with this car like previous at say a Martinsville or Darlington when two cars kiss? You could almost say the car is too well built. When you talk to a Harvick or Busch and they say when wrecked it's the hardest hit body wise they ever have, that's not good. Just look at year one of the car and the head issues they were having.
Packchem91
ncsupack1 said:

Packchem91 said:

ncsupack1 said:

Sounds funny but the car needs to break. Right now when an impact happens the energy is going to the weakest point, which is the driver. What needs to happen ( NASCAR is working on) is to get the energy out. Notice how we don't have the tires going down with this car like previous at say a Martinsville or Darlington when two cars kiss? You could almost say the car is too well built. When you talk to a Harvick or Busch and they say when wrecked it's the hardest hit body wise they ever have, that's not good. Just look at year one of the car and the head issues they were having.

Ahh that makes sense - the car flying part dissipates some of that energy?
And interesting on the tires - you're right, it was an age-old thing where two guys would rub and one would ultimately have to pit because his tire would get damaged (or would blow and wreck), amd don't see that anymore
ncsupack1
Packchem91 said:

ncsupack1 said:

Packchem91 said:

ncsupack1 said:

Ahh that makes sense - the car flying part dissipates some of that energy?
And interesting on the tires - you're right, it was an age-old thing where two guys would rub and one would ultimately have to pit because his tire would get damaged (or would blow and wreck), amd don't see that anymore

Safety has come a long way and this car was never going to come out of the box perfect. NASCAR is working on trying to soften it, which they have some. It's a work in progress. Then again hitting anything at 180 mph head is going to hurt. Your right, get that energy out and away, kinda how safer barriers work.
TheStorm
Hell, they didn't even need to take new tires going into the last 100 miles at Talladega... I mean that's just taking a lot out of the equation to go win a race.
ncsupack1
TheStorm said:

Hell, they didn't even need to take new tires going into the last 100 miles at Talladega... I mean that's just taking a lot out of the equation to go win a race.

Speedway racing especially Talladega has changed. The teams are smart .
Wolfer79
Saturday, April 27

12:30 a.m., I Am Kevin Harvick (re-air), FS1
4:30 a.m., NASCAR Race Hub Presents Best of Radioactive: Dover (re-air), FS1
5 a.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series: Qualifying at Dover Motor Speedway (re-air), FS1
6:30 a.m., ARCA Menards Series: General Tire 150 at Dover Motor Speedway (re-air), FS1
10:30 a.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Qualifying at Dover Motor Speedway, FS1
1:30 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series: BetRivers 200 at Dover Motor Speedway, FS1
9:30 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Qualifying at Dover Motor Speedway (re-air), FS2
11:30 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series: BetRivers 200 at Dover Motor Speedway (re-air), FS2
Wolfer79
NASCAR
NASCAR Cup Series
Wrth 400, Dover Motor Speedway, Dover, DE
Qualifying FS1, 10 a.m.

NASCAR Xfinity Series
BetRivers 200, Dover Motor Speedway, Dover, DE
Race FS1, 1:30 p.m.

NASCAR RaceDay: Dover FS1, 12:30 p.m.
ncsupack1
Hopefully not another JGR or Hendrick day. Ford really needs to figure it out.
Glasswolf
ncsupack1 said:

Hamlin with a issue during practice. Bryon fastest so far
Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

ncsupack1
Glasswolf said:

ncsupack1 said:

Hamlin with a issue during practice. Bryon fastest so far
I saw the 11 on pit road but PRN has yet to discuss what. I'll flip the scanner over to the 11.
ncsupack1
Well the chances of a Ford winning today isn't looking good.
Wolfer79
NASCAR
NASCAR Cup Series
Wrth 400, Dover Motor Speedway, Dover, DE
Race FS1, 2 p.m.
NASCAR RaceDay: Dover FS1, 1 p.m.
ncsupack1
About to start yard work so I can be done and cleaned up by race time. Pulling hard today for a Ford to get the W. They have yet to win a race in any national series.
TheStorm
ncsupack1 said:

Well the chances of a Ford winning today isn't looking good.
Blaney on the front row. Ford has 2 of the Top 5 starting positions. Top 15 - 7 Fords, 5 Chevrolets, 3 Toyotas...
ncsupack1
Hopefully they can finish.
GetOffMyLawnPack
Interesting read: https://www.sportscasting.com/hailie-deegan-is-everything-wrong-with-nascar/

ncsupack1
GetOffMyLawnPack said:

Interesting read: https://www.sportscasting.com/hailie-deegan-is-everything-wrong-with-nascar/

She was pushed imo...should have spent more time in trucks. Hard to read much into results concentering Ford hasn't won a race this year.
ncsupack1
Just saw that Harvick is going to drive the 5 car for practice and qualifying in the ALL STAR Race. Big news.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.