NASCAR 2024

90,634 Views | 1647 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by ncsupack1
TheStorm
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ncsupack1 said:

Wolfer79 said:

Lord
PLEASE. No new Road Course / Street Race locations UNLESS it replaces a current one... it made me sick to my stomach to watch that sht on Sunday knowing that it could have been running on the traditional Charlotte1.5 mile oval instead.
caryking
GetOffMyLawnPack said:

caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

Joke of a law suit. This thing gets settled sooner rather than later.
Perhaps…. That said, nascar is no different than the FIA in F1 racing. I respect their place; however, like most large businesses, they go astray the bigger they get.
True, but NASCAR isn't a league that the teams are owners in, ie, NFL, NBA, NHL. NASCAR today, is what it pretty much has been since day one, heck even Hamlin and Jordan's lawyer admitted that they can race as a open team, without the " restrictions " as the charter teams. One could argue that NASCAR had more control years ago. Shoot, at least now they talk to the teams before rule changes.
I really don't follow it that closely…. So, NASCAR, NBA, etc… are non-profits, right? What is NASCAR?
Not really sure, I do know that it is a privately company. All NASCAR is, is a sanctioning body of a race.
I think that's the same as the FIA.
I got ya.
Actually, NASCAR owns a boat load of the tracks, so, I'm not sure how that works with all this. Also, why does a team have to buy a charter, if they are just a sanctioning body. I'm not sure what I'm missing…
I think at least one reason is that sponsors who are paying Texa$ have a reasonable assurance that the car they are sponsoring is going to be on the racetrack showing their advertising every weekend. Guaranteed starting slot is part of the charter.
I understand all that…. I just views things a little different. If a sponsor wants to sponsor, they take a risk in that marketing effort. It's just like any other business and marketing decision. Also, if a team/drivers doesn't make a race, then… it is what it is…

As much as I don't like the FIA, there (control) model makes more sense than NASCAR. Each team has two entries. All 20 cars make the race. Those 10 teams actually can hold up another team from entering the grid.

If we are into guaranteed spots, let's really control things…

15 Teams (guaranteed spots)
2 or 3 cars per team (all teams would have to be the same)
No buy-in
If a team drops out, a new team would have to go through qualification (to be designated) to join
Your money is based on your sponsors or other revenues
Probably have a spending cap, although this one gets dicey…
Wolfer79
ncsupack1
So, I guess this means that Kroger is headed to RFK. JGR was in the running for the sponsor.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.