NASCAR 2024

18,056 Views | 567 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by PossumJenkins
Glasswolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
caryking said:

I think I've set in those same seats.

Remember the July race, where Dale Jr won, and Austin Dillon's car was torn apart at the end. That's where I was sitting, for that race.
We use to always try to get seats at the end of pit road like that. Best seats period. Back in the day they use to start selling tickets to the next years 500 right after the race ended at the ticket booth/office. Wonder if they still do that
Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

ncsupack1
Glasswolf said:

caryking said:

Remember the July race, where Dale Jr won, and Austin Dillon's car was torn apart at the end. That's where I was sitting, for that race.
We use to always try to get seats at the end of pit road like that. Best seats period. Back in the day they use to start selling tickets to the next years 500 right after the race ended at the ticket booth/office. Wonder if they still do that

That's pretty cool.
Glasswolf
ncsupack1 said:

Glasswolf said:

caryking said:

That's pretty cool.
Yep, Dad would rush straight to the ticket office after the 500 and the July race to get tickets for the next year. It took my Mom about 2 years to finally realize why we always did our vacations in Feb and July. (Dad had a sister living in Tampa) That was his reasoning. Let's go visit my sister lol.

Wolfer79
NASCAR
NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series
Fr8 208, Atlanta Motor Speedway, Hampton, GA
Qualifying FS1, 3 p.m.
NASCAR Race Hub FS1, 4:30 p.m.
NASCAR Xfinity Series
A Race That Takes Four Lefts and Goes 250 Miles, Atlanta Motor Speedway, Hampton, GA
Qualifying FS1, 5 p.m.
ncsupack1
Wish the truck guys and gals would get their stuff together. That series is becoming hard to watch.
PossumJenkins
ncsupack1 said:

Wolfer79 said:

I guess Smithfield didn't completely leave the sport. Also, seems like more and more teams are going to the B2B model of sponsorship. Smart move.

Rick Dreiling is the CEO of dollar tree family dollar. He loves racing. He was the ceo at dollar general during their run. One of my best friend did both of those deals. They make their vendors pay for the racing program
ncsupack1
PossumJenkins said:

ncsupack1 said:

Wolfer79 said:

I guess Smithfield didn't completely leave the sport. Also, seems like more and more teams are going to the B2B model of sponsorship. Smart move.

Rick Dreiling is the CEO of dollar tree family dollar. He loves racing. He was the ceo at dollar general during their run. One of my best friend did both of those deals. They make their vendors pay for the racing program

Interesting
Wolfer79
NASCAR
NASCAR Cup Series
Ambetter Health 400, Atlanta Motor Speedway, Hampton, GA
Qualifying FS1, 11:30 a.m.
NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series
Fr8 208, Atlanta Motor Speedway, Hampton, GA
Race FS,1 2 p.m.
NASCAR RaceDay: NCTS Atlanta FS1, 1 p.m.
NASCAR Xfinity Series
A Race That Takes Four Lefts and Goes 250 Miles, Atlanta Motor Speedway, Hampton, GA
Race FS1, 5 p.m.
NASCAR RaceDay: Xfinity Series FS1, 4 p.m
ncsupack1
With only 7 cars per team, some of those folks who went to back ups are sweating this weekend…also, glad to see some beautiful weather.
Glasswolf
Same starting front row as Daytona only switched. McDowell 1st/ Logano 2nd. Then Busch and Todd Gilliland

Wolfer79

.@NASCAR is offering to extend the charter system for seven years concurrent to its new media rights agreement, per sources familiar.

Teams want charters to become permanent but are open to something resembling an "evergreen" status as a middle ground.
Wolfer79
NASCAR
NASCAR Cup Series
Ambetter Health 400, Atlanta Motor Speedway, Hampton, GA
Announcers: Mike Joy/Clint Bowyer/Kevin Harvick/Larry McReynolds/Michael Waltrip//Jamie Little//Josh Sims//Regan Smith
Race Fox, 3 p.m.
NASCAR RaceDay: Atlanta Fox, 2 p.m.
ncsupack1
Weather looks great today. Congrats to Hill, dude is on fire right now.
caryking
One of the best races I've seen in a long time. Not just the ending, the whole race was great…
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
WarrenPeace
caryking said:

One of the best races I've seen in a long time. Not just the ending, the whole race was great…

It really was.
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Packchem91
Missed the first two segments, but the third one was as good of racing as I can ever recall watching. The photo finish was as just icing on cake.

And great for Suarez. Guy has been with Trackhouse as they built up amd been thru some tough times
ncsupack1
caryking said:

It was a good one for sure.
TheStorm
ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

I felt the same thing. Continual side-by-side racing on 1.5 mile track was awesome to watch.
Wolfer79
Monday, February 26
2 a.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series: RAPTOR King of Tough 250 (re-air), FS1
5 a.m., NASCAR Race Hub Presents: The Victory Lap (re-air), FS1
5:30 a.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Ambetter Health 400 (re-air), FS1
3 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Ambetter Health 400 (re-air), FS2
6 p.m., NASCAR Race Hub, FS1
7 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series:Ambetter Health 400 (re-air), FS1
10 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series: RAPTOR King of Tough 250 (re-air), FS1

Tuesday, February 27
Midnight, I Am Kevin Harvick (re-air), FS1
5:30 a.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Ambetter Health 400 (re-air), FS1
10 a.m., NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series: Fr8 208 (re-air), FS2
Noon, NASCAR Xfinity Series: RAPTOR King of Tough 250 (re-air), FS2
2 p.m., NASCAR Race Hub Presents Best of Radioactive: Las Vegas (re-air), FS2

Wednesday, February 28

6 a.m., I Am Kevin Harvick (re-air), FS2
7 a.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series: RAPTOR King of Tough 250 (re-air), FS2
9 a.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Ambetter Health 400 (re-air)FS2

Thursday, February 29

Friday, March 1
4:30 p.m., NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series: Practice and Qualifying, FS1
6:30 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series: Practice and Qualifying, FS1
8 p.m., NASCAR RaceDay: NCTS Las Vegas, FS1
9 p.m., NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series: Victoria's Voice Foundation 200, FS1

Saturday, March 2

Midnight, I Am Kevin Harvick (re-air), FS2
1 a.m., NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series: Victoria's Voice Foundation 200 (re-air), FS2
3 a.m., I Am Kevin Harvick (re-air), FS1
4 a.m., NASCAR Race Hub
Presents Best of Radioactive: Las Vegas (re-air), FS1
4:30 a.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series: Practice and Qualifying (re-air), FS1
6 a.m., NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series: Victoria's Voice Foundation 200 (re-air), FS1
2 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Practice and Qualifying, FS1
4 p.m., NASCAR RaceDay: NXS Las Vegas, FS1
5 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series: The LiUNA!, FS1
6 p.m., NASCAR Season Opener at Hickory Motor Speedway,FloRacing
10 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series: The LiUNA! (re-air), FS2

Sunday, March 3

Midnight, NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series: Victoria's Voice Foundation 200 (re-air), FS2
11 a.m., NASCAR Youth Series at Las Vegas, FloRacing
2 p.m., NASCAR RaceDay: Las Vegas, FS1
3 p.m., NASCAR RaceDay: Las Vegas, FOX
3:30 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Pennzoil 400, FOX
TheStorm
TheStorm said:

ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

I felt the same thing. Continual side-by-side racing on 1.5 mile track was awesome to watch.
BTW. Harvick was really, really good in the booth again yesterday... I forgot the exact line, but he hit Bowyer with a great zinger yesterday.
Glasswolf
TheStorm said:

ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

Suarez, Busch and Blaney keeping their cars side by side without wrecking was amazing. Agree with it being a very good race. To many times I've seen a driver get a lead on a 1.5 mile track and then just check out because he was in clean air.

Packchem91
TheStorm said:

TheStorm said:

ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

BTW. Harvick was really, really good in the booth again yesterday... I forgot the exact line, but he hit Bowyer with a great zinger yesterday.

Not sure I'm a fan yet.
Not sure it's the zinger you are referencing but during the red flag Harvick was going to interview Truex after asking a long leading question, and clearly Tryex didn't hear him, Harvick quipped that Bowyer messed up the channels
Packchem91
Glasswolf said:

TheStorm said:

ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

Suarez, Busch and Blaney keeping their cars side by side without wrecking was amazing. Agree with it being a very good race. To many times I've seen a driver get a lead on a 1.5 mile track and then just check out because he was in clean air.

It was.
At one point, for basically an entire lap, there were 4-wide racing with passing for the lead. I know a lot of times the announcers overhype the 3/4-wide at tracks, but at least in this instance, it was true, and incredible
caryking
Glasswolf said:

TheStorm said:

ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

exactly!!!

As much as hate the idea of moderating and/or creating equal outcomes, it certainly does make for good racing.

Joe Biden
ncsupack1
Glasswolf said:

TheStorm said:

ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

Agree. Yesterday was fun to watch. Also, those days when a team was on was hard to watch…basically had to watch the race for second.
Wolfer79
TheStorm
When they were interviewing Logano before the race I noted that he said they were running their superspeedway package and that's pretty much what the racing looked like... I loved it.

I don't remember Atlanta races running like that in the past, but I forget a lot of things nowadays...
ncsupack1
TheStorm said:

When they were interviewing Logano before the race I noted that he said they were running their superspeedway package and that's pretty much what the racing looked like... I loved it.

I don't remember Atlanta races running like that in the past, but I forget a lot of things nowadays...

They didn't, this new configuration is the difference. My guess is that in the fall Goodyear brings a softer tire.
caryking
Wolfer79 said:

That's really cool to see the guys as it was happening. Interesting that they were watching the monitor as opposed to out the window..

Joe Biden
Glasswolf
ncsupack1 said:

Glasswolf said:

TheStorm said:

ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

Agree. Yesterday was fun to watch. Also, those days when a team was on was hard to watch…basically had to watch the race for second.
I use to attend all the races in Charlotte. Last was during Jimmy Johnson run. Never failed. When he got in the lead he would just check out. Like you said, everyone was racing for 2nd then.
caryking
Glasswolf said:

ncsupack1 said:

Glasswolf said:

TheStorm said:

ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

I use to attend all the races in Charlotte. Last was during Jimmy Johnson run. Never failed. When he got in the lead he would just check out. Like you said, everyone was racing for 2nd then.

Yea, those JJ cars were definitely hooked up…

Joe Biden
Wolfer79
.@FoxTV got 4.546 million viewers for Sunday's NASCAR Cup Series race at Atlanta, up 5% from 4.315 million for the equivalent weekend last year at Fontana.

It was the most-watched sports event of the weekend in the U.S.

Wolfer79
Top six markets for the #Ambetter400 at Atlanta:

1) Charlotte - 6.6
2) Greensboro - 5.8
3) Norfolk - 5.1
4) Indy - 4.6/15
5) Orlando - 4.0
5) Milwaukee - 4.0

Meanwhile, Fox Sports says that the NASCAR Truck race was up 13% and the NASCAR Xfinity race was up 17% year-on-year.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.