NASCAR 2024

29,736 Views | 789 Replies | Last: 10 hrs ago by ncsupack1
ncsupack1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Yesterday was a decent truck race. Hopefully Xfinity is the same. BTW, the Xfinity series is the best racing IMO.
Wolfer79
Chase Elliott calls out hypocrisy of NASCAR's handling of Ricky Stenhouse Jr. fight
"You're gonna fine him but you're going to promote with it? Like what are we doing?"

https://awfulannouncing.com/racing/ricky-stenhouse-jr-fight-chase-elliott.html
erniencsu02
great xfinity race today
ncsupack1
erniencsu02 said:

great xfinity race today

Agree. Probably the best package they bring.
Wolfer79
Sunday, May 26

4 a.m., NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series: North Carolina Education Lottery 200 at Charlotte Motor Speedway (re-air), FS2
8:30 a.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series: BetMGM 300 at Charlotte Motor Speedway (re-air), FS1
10:30 a.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Practice and Qualifying at Charlotte Motor Speedway (re-air), FS1
4:30 p.m., NASCAR RaceDay: Charlotte, FS1
5:30 p.m., NASCAR RaceDay: Charlotte, FOX
6 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Coca-Cola 600 at Charlotte Motor Speedway, FOX
11 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series: BetMGM 300 at Charlotte Motor Speedway (re-air),
Wolfer79
NASCAR
NASCAR Cup Series
Coca-Cola 600, Charlotte Motor Speedway, Concord, NC
Race Fox, 6 p.m.
NASCAR RaceDay: Charlotte FS1, 4:30 p.m.
NASCAR RaceDay: Charlotte Fox, 5:30 p.m.
ncsupack1
One of my favorite races of the year. Keeping fingers crossed on the weather. My pick is either a Hendrick or a Gibbs car.
Wolfer79
You probably already figured this out, but Kyle Larson will stay and run the #Indy500 today. He will miss the start of the Coke 600 and need a playoff waiver from NASCAR (which he will almost certainly get). Rules say drivers must start every race "unless authorized by NASCAR."

Glasswolf
Has it been announced who will be replacing Larson in the 600? Harvick?
WarrenPeace
Glasswolf said:

Allgaier I think
Glasswolf
WarrenPeace said:

Glasswolf said:

Allgaier I think
Thanks.
Wolfer79
Most asked question: Is Kyle Larson skipping Charlotte now? No. Still wants to run as many laps possible. Expected midrace rain will help, but he wants it to be before the halfway point of 600 so there's no risk of it being called early. Justin Allgaier will start car

Glasswolf
Not NASCAR but that was a straight power move by Josef Newgarden to win the 500
Glasswolf
Christopher Bell declared the winner due to rain and storms
Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

ncsupack1
Glasswolf said:

Christopher Bell declared the winner due to rain and storms

Left when they started drying pit road. I figured that they wouldn't run it.
erniencsu02
Glasswolf said:

Christopher Bell declared the winner due to humidity and nascar leaders wanting to go to bed
ftfy

TheStorm
Glasswolf said:

Doesn't sound like you watched it live then, but he made that same move maybe 12-15 times over the last 20-25 laps... he was getting passed going into Turn 1 (by first Dixon and then O'Ward towards the very end) - and then he would pass them back heading down the backstretch headed to Turn 3.

I hope I have my corners right there. Passes were made on the straightaways going towards said corners out of the draft.
TheStorm
For those of you that didn't watch, Larson got a speeding penalty on Pit Road about 2/3's of the way through that kept him from having any chance. He couldn't have won regardless, but he was headed towards a Top 6 or so finish. He held his spot pretty well most of the day, but I don't really remember him making more than a handful of passes on the entire day.
ncsupack1
TheStorm said:

For those of you that didn't watch, Larson got a speeding penalty on Pit Road about 2/3's of the way through that kept him from having any chance. He couldn't have won regardless, but he was headed towards a Top 6 or so finish. He held his spot pretty well most of the day, but I don't really remember him making more than a handful of passes on the entire day.

I wasn't able to keep up with Indy. But the crowd here sure did know when Larson got at the track.
ncsupack1
I thought overall yesterday was shaping up pretty good for a good ending. Too bad the rain got the upper hand. Some folks are going to lose their minds when NASCAR grants a playoff waiver for Larson.
Wolfer79

Monday, May 27
1 a.m., NASCAR Race Hub: Best of Radioactive (re-air), FS2
2 a.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Coca-Cola 600 at Charlotte Motor Speedway (re-air), FS1
5 a.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series: BetMGM 300 at Charlotte Motor Speedway (re-air), FS1
7:30 a.m., ARCA Menards Series: General Tire 150 at Charlotte Motor Speedway (re-air), FS2
9:30 a.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Coca-Cola 600 at Charlotte Motor Speedway (re-air), FS2
6 p.m., NASCAR Race Hub, FS1
9 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Coca-Cola 600 at Charlotte Motor Speedway (re-air), FS1

Tuesday, May 28
Midnight, NASCAR Xfinity Series: BetMGM 300 at Charlotte Motor Speedway (re-air), FS1
2 a.m., NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series: North Carolina Education Lottery 200 at Charlotte Motor Speedway (re-air), FS1
4 a.m., NASCAR Race Hub: Best of Radioactive (re-air), FS1
5 a.m., NASCAR Race Hub Presents: The Victory Lap (re-air), FS1
7:30 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Coca-Cola 600 at Charlotte Motor Speedway (re-air), FS2
10:30 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series: BetMGM 300 at Charlotte Motor Speedway (re-air), FS2

Wednesday, May 29
12:30 a.m., NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series: North Carolina Education Lottery 200 at Charlotte Motor Speedway (re-air), FS2
2:30 a.m., NASCAR Race Hub Presents: The Victory Lap (re-air), FS2
6 a.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Coca-Cola 600 at Charlotte Motor Speedway (re-air), FS2
7 p.m., NASCAR Race Hub Presents: The Victory Lap (re-air), FS1
9 p.m., I Am Kevin Harvick (re-air), FS2
10 p.m., NASCAR Race Hub: Best of Radioactive (re-air), FS2
11 p.m., Greatest Races: NASCAR (re-air), FS2

Thursday, May 30
Noon, Greatest Races: NASCAR (re-air), FS2

Friday, May 31
1:30 a.m., NASCAR Race Hub Presents: The Love of Racing (re-air), FS1
2 a.m., Greatest Races: NASCAR (re-air), FS1
5 a.m., NASCAR Race Hub: Best of Radioactive (re-air), FS1
4:35 p.m., IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship: Qualifying at Detroit, Peacock
6 p.m., NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series: Practice and Qualifying at World Wide Technology Raceway, FS1
6:30 p.m., NASCAR Weekly Racing at Autodrome Granby, FloRacing
7 p.m., ARCA Menards Series West: Portland 112 at Portland International Raceway, FloRacing
9 p.m., NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series: Practice and Qualifying at World Wide Technology Raceway (re-air), FS2

Saturday, June 1
1 a.m., NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series: Practice and Qualifying at World Wide Technology Raceway (re-air), FS1
7:30 a.m., NASCAR Race Hub: Best of Radioactive (re-air), FS1
8:30 a.m., NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series: Practice and Qualifying at World Wide Technology Raceway (re-air), FS1
10 a.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Practice and Qualifying at World Wide Technology Raceway, FS1
Noon, NASCAR Xfinity Series: Qualifying at Portland International Raceway, FS1
1 p.m., NASCAR RaceDay, FOX
1:30 p.m., NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series: Toyota 200 at World Wide Technology Raceway, FOX
3 p.m., IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship: Chevrolet Detroit Sports Car Classic, USA and Peacock
4 p.m., NASCAR RaceDay: NXS Portland, FS1
4:30 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series: Pacific Office Automation 147 at Portland International Raceway, FS1
5 p.m., NASCAR Youth Series at Metro St. Louis, FloRacing
5:15 p.m., NASCAR Canada Series at Autodrome Chaudiere, FloRacing
6 p.m., NASCAR Weekly Racing at Berlin Raceway, FloRacing
7 p.m., NASCAR Weekly Racing at Hickory Motor Speedway, FloRacing
7:45 p.m., NASCAR Weekly Racing at Bowman Gray Stadium, FloRacing
7:45 p.m., NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour at Seekonk Speedway, FloRacing
10 p.m., NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series: Toyota 200 at World Wide Technology Raceway (re-air), FS2
TBA, NASCAR Weekly Racing at Riverhead Raceway, FloRacing
TBA, NASCAR Weekly Racing at Jennerstown Speedway, FloRacing

Sunday, June 2
7 a.m., NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series: Toyota 200 at World Wide Technology Raceway (re-air), FS2
9 a.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series: Pacific Office Automation 147 at Portland International Raceway (re-air), FS2
2 p.m., NASCAR RaceDay: WWTR, FS1
3:30 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Enjoy Illinois 300 at World Wide Technology Raceway, FS1
9 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Enjoy Illinois 300 at World Wide Technology Raceway (re-air), FS1

Glasswolf
TheStorm said:

Glasswolf said:

Doesn't sound like you watched it live then, but he made that same move maybe 12-15 times over the last 20-25 laps... he was getting passed going into Turn 1 (by first Dixon and then O'Ward towards the very end) - and then he would pass them back heading down the backstretch headed to Turn 3.

I hope I have my corners right there. Passes were made on the straightaways going towards said corners out of the draft.
I watched the whole race. That pass and with a reported vibration? Under that pressure? That pass was going into turn 3 on the outside. It impressed me. That's all that matters. And yes there was a lot of passing similar to that one but not with the race on the line.
Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

Glasswolf
And O'Ward got away with saying something nasty during his post race interview lol
GetOffMyLawnPack
Good interview with the Busch crew member who was throwing men off Kyle Busch truck. Justin "Big Country" White. "Get off the truck!"

GetOffMyLawnPack
[url=https://x.com/bobpockrass][/url]
[url=https://x.com/bobpockrass][/url][url=https://x.com/bobpockrass][/url]Bob Pockrass

[url=https://x.com/bobpockrass][/url]@bobpockrass

SHR drivers and crews indicate they are expecting to find out Tuesday afternoon about the future of the organization .... From Monday: SHR drivers facing uncertain future: 'It seems nobody knows anything'

ncsupack1
GetOffMyLawnPack said:

[url=https://x.com/bobpockrass][/url][url=https://x.com/bobpockrass][/url]Bob Pockrass

[url=https://x.com/bobpockrass][/url]@bobpockrass

SHR drivers and crews indicate they are expecting to find out Tuesday afternoon about the future of the organization .... From Monday: SHR drivers facing uncertain future: 'It seems nobody knows anything'

Talked to a couple of people and it looks like SHR is going to be done and potentially selling off their charters. Crazy to think of this just a few years ago.
erniencsu02
Yea Tony Stewart too caught up with Leah Pruett to care about being a car owner.
ncsupack1
erniencsu02 said:

Yea Tony Stewart too caught up with Leah Pruett to care about being a car owner.

And I believe Gene is the one wanting out, and Tony can't find an investor.
GetOffMyLawnPack
ncsupack1 said:

erniencsu02 said:

Money pit for Gene Haas.
erniencsu02
ncsupack1 said:

erniencsu02 said:

Yea but Tony has been MIA around the shops and from team meetings from what I've read. Sounds like all sides are losing interest.
GetOffMyLawnPack

ncsupack1
Hearing that SHR is closing the doors at year's end. Damn, hate it for all the employees.
Glasswolf
It's official now. I hate to see it.

TheStorm
GetOffMyLawnPack said:

Oh, no! Petty is coming unhinged!
ncsupack1
The whole SHR thing is interesting. At the end of the day, I can't say that I am surprised.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.