NASCAR 2024

68,950 Views | 1449 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by Wolfer79
caryking
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ncsupack1 said:

erniencsu02 said:

Rick Hendrick is fat and 75 years old
Roger Penske is 87
Joe Gibbs is 83
Childress is 78 and Roush is 82

Does anyone really think those organizations will continue once those guys are gone? If history is any indication, the answer is no they definitely wont be around very long once theyre gone.

There isnt a whole lot of new owners beating down the door to come into the sport either.

I am afraid for NASCAR's future. Dont know if this charter stuff is good for the sport or not. Maybe it's just a bunch of noise anyways since they cant even get 40 cars most weeks as it is.

Jeff Gordon is a owner of HMS

Penske is structured like a corporation

Austin is going to take over RCR

The Gibbs are family run

Brad K and Fenway are owners in RFK

So, I would say no. These guys have done a good job of setting up the future
As well as Legacy Motors….
ncsupack1
caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

erniencsu02 said:

Roger Penske is 87
Joe Gibbs is 83

Does anyone really think those organizations will continue once those guys are gone? If history is any indication, the answer is no they definitely wont be around very long once theyre gone.

There isnt a whole lot of new owners beating down the door to come into the sport either.

I am afraid for NASCAR's future. Dont know if this charter stuff is good for the sport or not. Maybe it's just a bunch of noise anyways since they cant even get 40 cars most weeks as it is.

The Gibbs are family run

As well as Legacy Motors….
Good catch.
erniencsu02
ncsupack1 said:

erniencsu02 said:

Roger Penske is 87
Joe Gibbs is 83

The Gibbs are family run

Jeff Gordon isnt Rick Hendrick. Gordon is likely no where close to as hands on as RH is and never will be. Ricky Hendrick, if he was still alive, I'd think have been more fit for the job

As for Penske that likely doesnt matter. Roger calls the shots in everything still. Everything Penske will suffer or be sold once he is gone

Austin huh? lol. I just cant see him being a NASCAR owner in 10-20 years. Can you seriously?

RIP JD and Coy. Who else is left other than Ty?

We'll see just how long Brad K is involved once he is done driving. And Fenway is used to getting rid of multimillion dollar projects on a dime if they dont feel good about the situation so I wouldnt count on Fenway being in NASCAR forever.

I'm just not seeing what you guys are seeing.
ncsupack1
erniencsu02 said:

ncsupack1 said:

erniencsu02 said:

Roger Penske is 87
Joe Gibbs is 83

The Gibbs are family run

Jeff Gordon isnt Rick Hendrick. Gordon is likely no where close to as hands on as RH is and never will be. Ricky Hendrick, if he was still alive, I'd think have been more fit for the job

As for Penske that likely doesnt matter. Roger calls the shots in everything still. Everything Penske will suffer or be sold once he is gone

Austin huh? lol. I just cant see him being a NASCAR owner in 10-20 years. Can you seriously?

We'll see just how long Brad K is involved once he is done driving. And Fenway is used to getting rid of multimillion dollar projects on a dime if they dont feel good about the situation so I wouldnt count on Fenway being in NASCAR forever.

Jeff runs a lot of the day to day there at HMS. In fact he is at the track every week, Mr H isn't. Austin believe it or not is very business smart he already own a PBR team. For Gibbs, the mom of Ty and a investor. Fenway, has been involved for years now over at RFK. Do you know how Penske Corp is structured? I think you are looking at this in a negative light, I can understand where you are coming from, but knowing a lot of these teams and yes some insiders, I think the sport is fine. It's just going to look different in a few years, but going away, I wouldn't worry about it. Heck, we've also got some young blood in the sport, Hamlin, Jordan, Justin Marks, Jimmy Johnson and that group over at Legacy. Even the Wood Brothers have made some changes with younger blood. Also, Roger is hardly ever at the track anymore since he bought Indy Car.
Glasswolf
ncsupack1 said:

erniencsu02 said:

ncsupack1 said:

erniencsu02 said:

Roger Penske is 87
Joe Gibbs is 83

The Gibbs are family run

Jeff runs a lot of the day to day there at HMS. In fact he is at the track every week, Mr H isn't. Austin believe it or not is very business smart he already own a PBR team. For Gibbs, the mom of Ty and a investor. Fenway, has been involved for years now over at RFK. Do you know how Penske Corp is structured? I think you are looking at this in a negative light, I can understand where you are coming from, but knowing a lot of these teams and yes some insiders, I think the sport is fine. It's just going to look different in a few years, but going away, I wouldn't worry about it. Heck, we've also got some young blood in the sport, Hamlin, Jordan, Justin Marks, Jimmy Johnson and that group over at Legacy. Even the Wood Brothers have made some changes with younger blood. Also, Roger is hardly ever at the track anymore since he bought Indy Car.
Gordon will take over HMS. And I have heard similar about Dillon in regards to RCR.
Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

ncsupack1
Glasswolf said:

ncsupack1 said:

erniencsu02 said:

ncsupack1 said:

erniencsu02 said:

Roger Penske is 87
Joe Gibbs is 83

The Gibbs are family run

Gordon will take over HMS. And I have heard similar about Dillon in regards to RCR.
Austin is a smart guy that gets a lot of hate, I've talked to him a few times and he very nice and sharp. He is going the path of Richard, driver to owner.
ncsupack1
Well

Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Four charters remain held back by NASCAR, earmarked for a future manufacturer. ... A summer proposal from NASCAR suggested those charters should go to NASCAR and that the France family that runs the series should be able to field teams."

ncsupack1
I think this is two separate things, NASCAR wants to maybe one day own a team, and are holding 4 charters for a future team.
GetOffMyLawnPack
ncsupack1 said:

erniencsu02 said:

Roger Penske is 87
Joe Gibbs is 83

The Gibbs are family run

I wonder how active the geezers cited above actually "run the show" day to day now. I would think they more resemble corporate CEO's who don't really run things day to day, but at their age, they are more of a figurehead and certainly set direction for long term policies, such as the charter agreement. Last time I saw Jack Roush on TV, he looked totally lost. His handlers basically led him through the garage like leading an old mule.
ncsupack1
GetOffMyLawnPack said:

ncsupack1 said:

erniencsu02 said:

Roger Penske is 87
Joe Gibbs is 83

The Gibbs are family run

I wonder how active the geezers cited above actually "run the show" day to day now. I would think they more resemble corporate CEO's who don't really run things day to day, but at their age, they are more of a figurehead and certainly set direction for long term policies, such as the charter agreement. Last time I saw Jack Roush on TV, he looked totally lost. His handlers basically led him through the garage like leading an old mule.

Figure heads is a good description.
Wolfer79
Sunday, September 8

2 a.m., Kevin Harvick's Happy Hour: Steve Phelps Interview (re-air), FS2
3 a.m., Kevin Harvick's Happy Hour (re-air), FS2
3:30 a.m., Kevin Harvick's Happy Hour (re-air), FS2
2:30 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Countdown to Green, USA
3 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Quaker State 400 Available at Walmart at Atlanta Motor Speedway, USA
4:15 p.m., NASCAR Canada Series at Delaware Speedway, FloRacing
6:30 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Post Race, USA
Wolfer79
NASCAR
NASCAR Cup Series
NASCAR Cup Playoffs: Round of 16
Quaker State 400, Atlanta Motor Speedway, Hampton, GA
Announcers: Leigh Diffey/Jeff Burton/Steve Letarte//Dave Burns//Kim Coon//Marty Snider
Race USA Network, 3 p.m.
Announcers: Marty Snider/Dale Jarrett/Kyle Petty
Countdown to Green USA Network, 2:30 p.m.
Post-Race Show USA Network, 6:30 p.m.
ncsupack1
Doubt we get a three wide finish today, but hoping for a good one and a Ford win.
TheStorm
3PM. Check.

and on USA of course...
TheStorm
I see McDowell on the first row... I'll go out on a limb and go ahead and predict he'll cause a wreck at some point today.
ncsupack1
TheStorm said:

I see McDowell on the first row... I'll go out on a limb and go ahead and predict he'll cause a wreck at some point today.

He likes to block when he shouldn't
ncsupack1
Glad to see those two get out of their cars.
caryking
ncsupack1 said:

Dang… I flipped to football for a few minutes. What happened?

I just saw it..
ncsupack1
caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

Dang… I flipped to football for a few minutes. What happened?

I just saw it..
That's not how you want to start the playoffs.
ncsupack1

Wow
caryking
ncsupack1 said:

Wow
I wonder if he meant that figuratively…
ncsupack1
caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

Wow
I wonder if he meant that figuratively…
Good question.
ncsupack1
Glad to see Ford 1-2. Overall pretty good race. Next week at the Glen, will be interesting.
Glasswolf
What I got to watch looked like a pretty good race. Looking forward to Watkins Glen.
Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

caryking
Glasswolf said:

What I got to watch looked like a pretty good race. Looking forward to Watkins Glen.
My brother, who used to be a big NASCAR fan, texted me with about 20 laps to go…

"I love this race"

I talked to him and he was referring to the track change that has bunched up the field. He hasn't watched in a number of years. He and I used to go to Rockingham together.
GetOffMyLawnPack
I was hoping Kyle Busch would win and it looked like he had a good shot; just a little shy on fuel so I guess he didn't want to burn the extra fuel to get back out front, then run out of fuel with a lap or two to go.

Joey Logano just kept hanging around in the front pack, then got the job done in the end. He's good.
TheStorm
caryking said:

Glasswolf said:

My brother, who used to be a big NASCAR fan, texted me with about 20 laps to go…

"I love this race"

I talked to him and he was referring to the track change that has bunched up the field. He hasn't watched in a number of years. He and I used to go to Rockingham together.
I was positioned quite comfortably upon the couch in my home office enjoying this race yesterday afternoon through about exactly halfway into the second stage when my wife walks in... "I'm ready to watch that movie you promised to watch with me this weekend" (Saturday was her birthday).

God bless her.
ncsupack1
GetOffMyLawnPack said:

I was hoping Kyle Busch would win and it looked like he had a good shot; just a little shy on fuel so I guess he didn't want to burn the extra fuel to get back out front, then run out of fuel with a lap or two to go.

Joey Logano just kept hanging around in the front pack, then got the job done in the end. He's good.

He is, and has a good shot to win a third championship.
Wolfer79
Monday, September 9
Tuesday, September 10
7 p.m., Kevin Harvick's Happy Hour: Atlanta Recap, FS1
8 p.m., NASCAR Race Classic: 1997 Daytona 500 (re-air), FS2
8:30 p.m., NASCAR Race Classic: 1994 Coca-Cola 600 (re-air), FS2
9 p.m., Kevin Harvick's Happy Hour: Jeff Burton Interview (re-air), FS2
9:30 p.m., Kevin Harvick's Happy Hour (re-air), FS2
10 p.m., Kevin Harvick's Happy Hour: Atlanta Recap (re-air), FS2
11 p.m., Greatest Races: NASCAR (re-air), FS2

Wednesday, September 11

2 a.m., Unrivaled: Earnhardt vs. Gordon (re-air), FS2
3 a.m., Kevin Harvick's Happy Hour: Atlanta Recap (re-air), FS2
6 a.m., Kevin Harvick's Happy Hour: Atlanta Recap (re-air), FS1
7:30 p.m., Kevin Harvick's Happy Hour: Atlanta Recap (re-air), FS2

Thursday, September 12

7:30 a.m., Unrivaled: Earnhardt vs. Gordon (re-air), FS2
8:30 a.m., Kevin Harvick's Happy Hour: Atlanta Recap (re-air), FS2
7 p.m., NASCAR Inside The Playoffs, truTV and streaming on Max
7:30 p.m., Kevin Harvick's Happy Hour, FS1
8 p.m., Kevin Harvick's Happy Hour: Atlanta Recap (re-air), FS1

Friday, September 13
Midnight, Kevin Harvick's Happy Hour (re-air), FS2
1 a.m., Kevin Harvick's Happy Hour (re-air), FS2
1:30 a.m., Kevin Harvick's Happy Hour (re-air), FS2
6 a.m., Kevin Harvick's Happy Hour (re-air), FS1
6:30 a.m., Kevin Harvick's Happy Hour (re-air), FS1
11 a.m., Kevin Harvick's Happy Hour (re-air), FS2
11:30 a.m., Kevin Harvick's Happy Hour (re-air), FS2
Noon, Kevin Harvick's Happy Hour: Atlanta Recap (re-air), FS2
5 p.m., ARCA Menards Series: General Tire 100 at The Glen at Watkins Glen International, FS1
TBA, NASCAR Weekly Racing at Autodrome Granby, FloRacing

Saturday, September 14

7:30 a.m., ARCA Menards Series: General Tire 100 at The Glen at Watkins Glen International (re-air), FS2
9:30 a.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series: Practice and Qualifying at Watkins Glen International, NBC Sports App
12:30 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Practice and Qualifying at Watkins Glen International, USA and NBC Sports App
2 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Victory Lane Review, USA
2:30 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series: Countdown to Green, USA
3 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series: Mission 200 at The Glen at Watkins Glen International, USA
5:30 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series: Post Race, USA
TBA, NASCAR Weekly Racing at Autodrome Granby, FloRacing
TBA, NASCAR Championship Night at Jennerstown Speedway, FloRacing
TBA, NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour at Riverhead Raceway, FloRacing

Sunday, September 15

2:30 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Countdown to Green, USA
3 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Go Bowling at The Glen at Watkins Glen International, USA
5 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Post Race, USA

Wolfer79
NASCAR Cup Series playoff standings
Here are the playoff standings following the opening playoff race at Atlanta (x-clinched berth in second round):

Ryan Blaney, Team Penske ... 2,071
Christopher Bell, Joe Gibbs Racing ... 2,066
Tyler Reddick, 23XI Racing ... 2,059
William Bryon, Hendrick Motorsports ... 2,059
x-Joey Logano, Team Penske ... 2,054
Alex Bowman, Hendrick Motorsports ... 2,053
Austin Cindric, Team Penske ... 2,053
Chase Elliott, Hendrick Motorsports ... 2,050
Daniel Suarez, Trackhouse Racing ... 2,048
Kyle Larson, Hendrick Motorsports ... 2,041
Denny Hamlin, Joe Gibbs Racing ... 2,028
Ty Gibbs, Joe Gibbs Racing ... 2,027
Brad Keselowski, RFK Racing ... 2,026
Harrison Burton, Wood Brothers Racing ... 2,011
Martin Truex Jr., Joe Gibbs Racing ... 2,008
Chase Briscoe, Stewart-Haas Racing ... 2006
ncsupack1
TheStorm said:

caryking said:

Glasswolf said:

"I love this race"

I was positioned quite comfortably upon the couch in my home office enjoying this race yesterday afternoon through about exactly halfway into the second stage when my wife walks in... "I'm ready to watch that movie you promised to watch with me this weekend" (Saturday was her birthday).

God bless her.
So what did you do? lol
ncsupack1
ncsupack1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.