NASCAR 2024

90,684 Views | 1647 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by ncsupack1
Wolfer79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ncsupack1
I need to look up previous years for comparison. Seems good.
Glasswolf
Wolfer79 said:

The eight drivers who will continue to battle for the 2024 NASCAR Cup Series championship are Kyle Larson, William Byron, Bell, Ryan Blaney, Chase Elliott, Denny Hamlin, Tyler Reddick and Joey Logano
I'll go ahead and say my final 4 are Larson, Bell, Blaney and Byron. But I'm on the fence about Reddick.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em. Jim Valvano.

ncsupack1
Glasswolf said:

Wolfer79 said:

The eight drivers who will continue to battle for the 2024 NASCAR Cup Series championship are Kyle Larson, William Byron, Bell, Ryan Blaney, Chase Elliott, Denny Hamlin, Tyler Reddick and Joey Logano
I'll go ahead and say my final 4 are Larson, Bell, Blaney and Byron. But I'm on the fence about Reddick.

Pretty good guess. I'll add , that I will have a eye on the 22.
Wolfer79
ncsupack1
Wolfer79 said:

Lord
erniencsu02
Wolfer79 said:

I HATE HATE HATE NASCAR's leadership. Definitely going to limit my TV viewing to the more traditional races/tracks going forward. Started this past weekend with not watching the roval. I didnt miss a thing.
ncsupack1
erniencsu02 said:

Wolfer79 said:

I HATE HATE HATE NASCAR's leadership. Definitely going to limit my TV viewing to the more traditional races/tracks going forward. Started this past weekend with not watching the roval. I didnt miss a thing.

Just remember who controls the money. Folks don't know this, but the dirt on Bristol was 100 percent FOX. Not SMI and not NASCAR.
Wolfer79
ncsupack1
Wolfer79 said:

For the folks in the back, NASCAR is not a league! Completely two different things.
Wolfer79
erniencsu02 said:

Wolfer79 said:

I heard it put a way i understood this past weekend.

It is ok to spread out your branches, just remember your roots.

NASCAR forgot it's roots.
ncsupack1
Wolfer79 said:

erniencsu02 said:

Wolfer79 said:

I heard it put a way i understood this past weekend.

It is ok to spread out your branches, just remember your roots.

NASCAR forgot it's roots.

Ben is trying to get the roots going again, the problem is that after a couple of years fans stop going. IE Rockingham and most recently North Wilksboro
Wolfer79
ncsupack1
Joke of a law suit. This thing gets settled sooner rather than later.
ncsupack1
caryking
ncsupack1 said:

Glasswolf said:

Wolfer79 said:

Pretty good guess. I'll add , that I will have an eye on the 22.
Yep, don't count out Joey
ncsupack1
caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

Glasswolf said:

Wolfer79 said:

Pretty good guess. I'll add , that I will have an eye on the 22.
Yep, don't count out Joey
Agree. Now that he is back in, who knows with him.
caryking
ncsupack1 said:

Perhaps…. That said, nascar is no different than the FIA in F1 racing. I respect their place; however, like most large businesses, they go astray the bigger they get.
ncsupack1
caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

Perhaps…. That said, nascar is no different than the FIA in F1 racing. I respect their place; however, like most large businesses, they go astray the bigger they get.
True, but NASCAR isn't a league that the teams are owners in, ie, NFL, NBA, NHL. NASCAR today, is what it pretty much has been since day one, heck even Hamlin and Jordan's lawyer admitted that they can race as a open team, without the " restrictions " as the charter teams. One could argue that NASCAR had more control years ago. Shoot, at least now they talk to the teams before rule changes.
caryking
ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

True, but NASCAR isn't a league that the teams are owners in, ie, NFL, NBA, NHL. NASCAR today, is what it pretty much has been since day one, heck even Hamlin and Jordan's lawyer admitted that they can race as a open team, without the " restrictions " as the charter teams. One could argue that NASCAR had more control years ago. Shoot, at least now they talk to the teams before rule changes.
I really don't follow it that closely…. So, NASCAR, NBA, etc… are non-profits, right? What is NASCAR?
ncsupack1
caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

I really don't follow it that closely…. So, NASCAR, NBA, etc… are non-profits, right? What is NASCAR?
Not really sure, I do know that it is a private company. All NASCAR is, is a sanctioning body of a race.
caryking
ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

Not really sure, I do know that it is a privately company. All NASCAR is, is a sanctioning body of a race.
I think that's the same as the FIA.
ncsupack1
caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

Not really sure, I do know that it is a privately company. All NASCAR is, is a sanctioning body of a race.
I got ya.
caryking
ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

I got ya.
Actually, NASCAR owns a boat load of the tracks, so, I'm not sure how that works with all this. Also, why does a team have to buy a charter, if they are just a sanctioning body. I'm not sure what I'm missing…
ncsupack1
caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

I got ya.
Actually, NASCAR owns a boat load of the tracks, so, I'm not sure how that works with all this. Also, why does a team have to buy a charter, if they are just a sanctioning body. I'm not sure what I'm missing…
They don't have to buy one, many small teams don't own them. All a charter does, is guarantee a starting spot, owning a charter does payout more. As for the tracks, yes NASCAR owns a lot, so does SMI, and Pocono is private owned.
caryking
ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

I got ya.
They don't have to buy one, many small teams don't own them. All a charter does, is guarantee a starting spot, owning a charter does payout more. As for the tracks, yes NASCAR owns a lot, so does SMI, and Pocono is private owned.
I guess I would do an exercise on whether the charter would be worth it. Also, that guaranteeing a starting spot and more payout sure sounds like they may have you by the balls…
ncsupack1
caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

I got ya.
I guess I would do an exercise on whether the charter would be worth it. Also, that guaranteeing a starting spot and more payout sure sounds like they may have you by the balls…
To a point, but now the value of a charter is estimated to be 20-40 million. That's a pretty good retirement for someone looking to get out, Tony Stewart comes to mind. My problem is that Hamlin became a rich man from this sport, bought a team and now three charters, now wants to change the game. Sorry, but I hope he loses the law suit.
caryking
ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

I got ya.
To a point, but now the value of a charter is estimated to be 20-40 million. That's a pretty good retirement for someone looking to get out, Tony Stewart comes to mind. My problem is that Hamlin became a rich man from this sport, bought a team and now three charters, now wants to change the game. Sorry, but I hope he loses the law suit.
Isn't his charters coming up for renewal?
ncsupack1
caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

I got ya.
Yes, Hamlin didn't sign by the due date. And according to someone I know, bought another one back in May or August of this year.
caryking
ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

I got ya.
Yes, Hamlin didn't sign by the due date. And according to someone I know, bought another one back in May or August of this year.
And that's ok that he bought another…. I guess I still don't understand this whole situation. I have no issue with people wanting to clear the playing field. But, what is the reason for renewing the charters? What is the reason for the lawsuit?

Like I said, I still don't get this whole situation…

Also, do these Charters really have buyers at 20-40 million?
ncsupack1
caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

I got ya.
And that's ok that he bought another…. I guess I still don't understand this whole situation. I have no issue with people wanting to clear the playing field. But, what is the reason for renewing the charters? What is the reason for the lawsuit?

Yes, there are buyers for those charters. The whole point of the charter, was to give a out going team owner something to sell for what they put into the sport. Years, before charters, auction companies would sell everything for pennies on the dollar. The charter also, allows teams to go after sponsors, so that there is a guarantee starting spot.
caryking
ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

I got ya.

Yes, there are buyers for those charters. The whole point of the charter, was to give an out going team owner something to sell for what they put into the sport. Years, before charters, auction companies would sell everything for pennies on the dollar. The charter also, allows teams to go after sponsors, so that there is a guarantee starting spot.
Have their been a sell for more than the purchase?
ncsupack1
caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

I got ya.

Yes, there are buyers for those charters. The whole point of the charter, was to give an out going team owner something to sell for what they put into the sport. Years, before charters, auction companies would sell everything for pennies on the dollar. The charter also, allows teams to go after sponsors, so that there is a guarantee starting spot.
Have their been a sell for more than the purchase?
Yes, NASCAR gave the original charter members the charters for not much at all.
GetOffMyLawnPack
caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

I got ya.
I think at least one reason is that sponsors who are paying Texa$ have a reasonable assurance that the car they are sponsoring is going to be on the racetrack showing their advertising every weekend. Guaranteed starting slot is part of the charter.
ncsupack1
GetOffMyLawnPack said:

caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

I got ya.
I think at least one reason is that sponsors who are paying Texa$ have a reasonable assurance that the car they are sponsoring is going to be on the racetrack showing their advertising every weekend. Guaranteed starting slot is part of the charter.

You said it better than I did. Lol

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.