NASCAR 2024

90,681 Views | 1647 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by ncsupack1
Wolfer79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Friday, October 11
2 a.m., Kevin Harvick's Happy Hour (re-air), FS2
2:30 a.m., Kevin Harvick's Happy Hour: Talladega Recap (re-air), FS2
6 a.m., Kevin Harvick's Happy Hour (re-air), FS1
8:40 a.m., IMSA VP Racing SportsCar Challenge Race 2 at Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta, Peacock
10:50 a.m., IMSA Porsche Carrera Cup North America Race 2 at Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta, Peacock 10:50 a.m., IMSA Porsche Carrera Cup North America Race 2 at Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta, Peacock
12:40 p.m., IMSA Michelin Pilot Challenge: Fox Factory 120 at Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta, Peacock
3:20 p.m., IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship: Qualifying at Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta, Peacock
Glasswolf
The Roval has become one of my favorite "road courses". A couple added turns should make it interesting.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em. Jim Valvano.

caryking
ncsupack1 said:

GetOffMyLawnPack said:

ncsupack1 said:

NASCAR had a rough day Sunday.

Wow. So we've got what, maybe no more than 3-5 senior nascar people running the race and they are THAT unorganized?

Elton and company have had a rough year.
Agree!!
erniencsu02
Glasswolf said:

The Roval has become one of my favorite "road courses". A couple added turns should make it interesting.
easily becoming my favorite weekend to do something else other than watch NASCAR. I hate the roval.
ncsupack1
Glasswolf said:

I've always enjoyed it, fans seem to show up better than the old fall race.
TheStorm
I can tolerate it, but I really don't like it. Charlotte needs to be a 1.5 mile oval. Period.
Wolfer79
Jordan, Hamlin vs. NASCAR: Stock cars will never be the same

https://www.espn.com/racing/nascar/story/_/id/41737581/michael-jordan-denny-hamlin-23xi-front-row-motorsports-vs-nascar-stock-cars-never-same
Glasswolf
TheStorm said:

I can tolerate it, but I really don't like it. Charlotte needs to be a 1.5 mile oval. Period.
The October oval was my favorite followed by the All-Star weekend and race.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em. Jim Valvano.

ncsupack1
Wolfer79 said:

Jordan, Hamlin vs. NASCAR: Stock cars will never be the same

https://www.espn.com/racing/nascar/story/_/id/41737581/michael-jordan-denny-hamlin-23xi-front-row-motorsports-vs-nascar-stock-cars-never-same

IMO, NASCAR wins this one. This is contract problem, not a anti trust issue.
Wolfer79
Saturday, October 12

7 a.m., Kevin Harvick's Happy Hour: Talladega Recap (re-air), FS2
10 a.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series: Practice and Qualifying at Charlotte Motor Speedway road course, USA
Noon, IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship: Motul Petit Le Mans at Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta, NBC and Peacock
Noon, NASCAR Cup Series: Victory Lane Review, USA
12:30 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Practice and Qualifying at Charlotte Motor Speedway road course, USA
3:30 p.m., NASCAR Countdown Live, The CW
4 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series: Drive for the Cure 250 presented by BCBS at Charlotte Motor Speedway road course, The CW
5 p.m., NASCAR Championship Night No. 2 at Langley Speedway, FloRacing
6 p.m., IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship: Motul Petit Le Mans at Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta, USA and Peacock
Wolfer79
NASCAR
NASCAR Xfinity Series Playoffs
Round of 12
Drive for the Cure 250, Charlotte Motor Speedway, Concord, NC
Announcers: Leigh Diffey (USA Network)/Rick Allen (The CW)/Jeff Burton/Steve Letarte//Dave Burns//Kim Coons//Marty Snider
Practice and Qualifying USA Network, 10 a.m.
Race The CW, 4 p.m.
NASCAR Countdown Live The CW, 3:30 p.m.
NASCAR Cup Series Playoffs
Round of 12
Bank of America Roval 400, Charlotte Motor Speedway Road Course, Concord, NC
Announcers: Leigh Diffey/Jeff Burton/Steve Letarte//Dave Burns//Kim Coon//Marty Snider
Practice and Qualifying USA Network, 12:30 p.m.
NASCAR Cup Series: Victory Lane Review-Talladega USA Network, noon
TheStorm
I might even try to catch a little bit of that qualifying today early afternoon... looks like Alabama / South Carolina is one of the featured early games.
Wolfer79
Sunday, October 13

8 a.m., NASCAR Youth Series at Charlotte, FloRacing
2 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Countdown to Green, NBC
2:30 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Bank of America ROVAL 400 at Charlotte Motor Speedway road course, NBC
10 p.m., Kevin Harvick's Happy Hour: Justin Marks Interview (re-air), FS2
10:30 p.m., Kevin Harvick's Happy Hour: Richard Childress Interview (re-air), FS2
TBD, NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour at Thompson Speedway Motorsports Park, FloRacing
Wolfer79
NASCAR
NASCAR Cup Series Playoffs
Round of 12
Bank of America Roval 400, Charlotte Motor Speedway Road Course, Concord, NC
Announcers: Leigh Diffey/Jeff Burton/Steve Letarte//Dave Burns//Kim Coon//Marty Snider
Race NBC, 2:30 p.m.
Announcers: Marty Snider/Jeff Burton/Dale Jarrett
Countdown to Green NBC, 2 p.m.

ncsupack1
The new turn worked out pretty well. Hopefully the CUP guys deliver like yesterday.
TheStorm
2:30 PM! Hallelujah!!!
ncsupack1
TheStorm said:

2:30 PM! Hallelujah!!!

I'm with you on the early start time.
TheStorm
Guys, I'm sorry but to me this just isn't real Cup racing... what a dumb way to mess up a great 1.5 mile track.

The additional changes have made the actual "racing" (if you want to call it that) even worse.

I'm watching, but there's not much to actually see.
ncsupack1
TheStorm said:

Guys, I'm sorry but to me this just isn't real Cup racing... what a dumb way to mess up a great 1.5 mile track.

The additional changes have made the actual "racing" (if you want to call it that) even worse.

I'm watching, but there's not much to actually see.

It's different for sure. The new turn did help with passing, but it is a required taste. Let's not forget that the reason SMI did the ROVAL was because fans weren't coming to the fall race. Today as a season ticket holder the crowd is a lot better than the old oval race.
ncsupack1
caryking
ncsupack1 said:

You've got to be kidding me!
ncsupack1
caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

You've got to be kidding me!

No, it's for real…lol heck NASCAR even allowed them to re fuel and fill the water. Still below
TheStorm
ncsupack1 said:

Yeah, I was just checking Jayski and I saw Logano in eighth and said, huh?!?

Then came here and saw this.

A lot of dangerous names still in the final 8, but I think the champion comes from the three of Larson, Bell or Byron this year.
caryking
TheStorm said:

ncsupack1 said:

A lot of dangerous names still in the final 8, but I think the champion comes from the three of Larson, Bell or Byron this year.
I was happy to see Logano gone…. Don't count him out. He always seams to be right there..
TheStorm
caryking said:

TheStorm said:

ncsupack1 said:

I was happy to see Logano gone…. Don't count him out. He always seams to be right there..
Nope. In fact, I only named those three I see as the "favorites" going in... the only single one out of the eight that I really can't envision potentially winning it would be Chase Elliott as blasphemous as that may sound to some of you.

Like you already said about Logano.
Reddick
Hamlin
and of course Blaney.
ncsupack1
TheStorm said:

caryking said:

TheStorm said:

ncsupack1 said:

Nope. In fact, I only named those three I see as the "favorites" going in... the only single one out of the eight that I really can't envision potentially winning it would be Chase Elliott as blasphemous as that may sound to some of you.

Reddick
Hamlin
and of course Blaney.

Agree about the 9. For whatever reason he has ran okay but not what we are use to seeing. Larson, makes too many mistakes and can step into it at any moment. The 3 you got picked are pretty good guesses.
TheStorm
ncsupack1 said:

TheStorm said:

caryking said:

TheStorm said:

ncsupack1 said:

Reddick
Hamlin
and of course Blaney.

Agree about the 9. For whatever reason he has ran okay but not what we are use to seeing. Larson, makes too many mistakes and can step into it at any moment. The 3 you got picked are pretty good guesses.
Well, you know who I am pulling for.

If that can't happen, then I default to any other Hendrick drivers...

But the one that scares me the most right now is Bell in that Joe Gibbs Toyota.
caryking
I think I said it a week ago…. The championship goes through Blaney or Larson…
Wolfer79
Monday, October 14
Tuesday, October 15
7:30 p.m., Kevin Harvick's Happy Hour: Charlotte Roval Recap (re-air), FS2

Wednesday, October 16

6 p.m., Kevin Harvick's Happy Hour: Charlotte Roval Recap (re-air), FS2

Thursday, October 17

7 p.m., Kevin Harvick's Happy Hour (re-air), FS1
9 p.m., NASCAR Inside the Playoffs, TruTV and streaming on Max
10 p.m., Kevin Harvick's Happy Hour (re-air), FS2
10:30 p.m., Kevin Harvick's Happy Hour: Ricky Stenhouse Jr. Interview (re-air), FS2
11 p.m., Kevin Harvick's Happy Hour: Charlotte Roval Recap (re-air), FS2

Friday, October 18
6:30 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series: Practice and Qualifying at Las Vegas Motor Speedway, USA
8:30 p.m., Kevin Harvick's Happy Hour: Charlotte Roval Recap (re-air), FS1

Saturday, October 19

6 a.m., Kevin Harvick's Happy Hour: Ricky Stenhouse Jr. Interview (re-air), FS2
6:30 a.m., Kevin Harvick's Happy Hour (re-air), FS2
11:30 a.m., Kevin Harvick's Happy Hour (re-air), FS2
2:45 p.m., NASCAR Weekly Racing at Riverhead Raceway, FloRacing
4:30 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Practice and Qualifying at Las Vegas Motor Speedway, USA
7 p.m., NASCAR Countdown Live, The CW

7:30 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series: Ambetter Health 302 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway, The CW

Sunday, October 20

2 p.m., NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour at North Wilkesboro Speedway, FloRacing
2 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Countdown to Green, NBC
2:30 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: South Point 400 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway, NBC
2:45 p.m., NASCAR Weekly Racing at Riverhead Raceway, FloRacing
9 p.m., Kevin Harvick's Happy Hour: Ricky Stenhouse Jr. Interview (re-air), FS2
9:30 p.m., Kevin Harvick's Happy Hour (re-air), FS2
10 p.m., I Am Kevin Harvick (re-air), FS2
Wolfer79
The eight drivers who will continue to battle for the 2024 NASCAR Cup Series championship are Kyle Larson, William Byron, Bell, Ryan Blaney, Chase Elliott, Denny Hamlin, Tyler Reddick and Joey Logano
ncsupack1
Wolfer79 said:

The eight drivers who will continue to battle for the 2024 NASCAR Cup Series championship are Kyle Larson, William Byron, Bell, Ryan Blaney, Chase Elliott, Denny Hamlin, Tyler Reddick and Joey Logano
I'm not holding my breath on Joey staying in. HMS has a really good history of having their appeals tweaked. lol
Wolfer79
ncsupack1
ncsupack1
GetOffMyLawnPack
ncsupack1 said:

Rick Hendrick is smart enough to only take on battles where there is a reasonable chance of winning. No doubt people whose opinion matters at nascar had a "fireside chat" with Rick.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.