NASCAR 2024

83,328 Views | 1565 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by TheStorm
Glasswolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Not sure how my boy Rowdy escaped that one. That normally has a wreck for him written all over it.
TheStorm
Damn. Byron must have had a great car. Pushed Stenhouse almost the entirety of the last two laps. I'm really happy with that finish though!
ncsupack1
NASCAR once again doesn't follow their own rules. Oh, well.
caryking
TheStorm said:

ncsu was right, they all came to the front after the stage points.

Cary, I see that your STITCH guy Kohles is in the mix this afternoon on the PGA tour.
Wow! I wasn't watching the tournament. Good for him.
caryking
TheStorm said:

Damn. Byron must have had a great car. Pushed Stenhouse almost the entirety of the last two laps. I'm really happy with that finish though!
I know Stenhouse has a precarious driving reputation; however, I've always liked him..
ncsupack1
caryking said:

TheStorm said:

I know Stenhouse has a precarious driving reputation; however, I've always liked him..
He is a pretty decent superspeedway racer. Cool to see a one car team from Harrisburg NC win.
ncsupack1
For the 24 fans.

ncsupack1
He's not wrong.

ncsupack1
GetOffMyLawnPack
WTH was the 8 - Busch thinking when he pulled out near the end? I guess someone was supposed to go with him. I understand that he is desperate to win this season to continue his streak of at least one win every year, but that one is a head scratcher.
ncsupack1
GetOffMyLawnPack said:

WTH was the 8 - Busch thinking when he pulled out near the end? I guess someone was supposed to go with him. I understand that he is desperate to win this season to continue his streak of at least one win every year, but that one is a head scratcher.

I need to go back and watch, but yes, at the time I thought it was odd.
TheStorm
ncsupack1 said:

GetOffMyLawnPack said:

If he was going to make a move it was his time to make it. I'm sure he thought someone would go with him, but they didn't. Diffey seemed to hold his volume level back a little more today, and sounded more on the same level as everyone else finally. Did not get on my nerves at all today. I enjoyed the entire broadcast (except for the long series of commercials with the race still showing in the smaller box to the right). I don't know if it had anything to do with it finally being on NBC v USA or what (I would guess it's all the same production crews actually). They did a really good job with that race.
TheStorm
ncsupack1 said:

He's not wrong.

I'll have to go back and look at it again then, because I didn't notice what he said about the 21... At first glance it looked like Keselowski was at fault, but after they showed it a couple of times I thought it was definitely Logano.

Now I have to go back and look again.
ncsupack1
TheStorm said:

ncsupack1 said:

He's not wrong.

I'll have to go back and look at it again then, because I didn't notice what he said about the 21... At first glance it looked like Keselowski was at fault, but after they showed it a couple of times I thought it was definitely Logano.

Sorry, I was saying that the field was basically running at 50 percent throttle.
ncsupack1
TheStorm said:

ncsupack1 said:

GetOffMyLawnPack said:

If he was going to make a move it was his time to make it. I'm sure he thought someone would go with him, but they didn't. Diffey seemed to hold his volume level back a little more today, and sounded more on the same level as everyone else finally. Did not get on my nerves at all today. I enjoyed the entire broadcast (except for the long series of commercials with the race still showing in the smaller box to the right). I don't know if it had anything to do with it finally being on NBC v USA or what (I would guess it's all the same production crews actually). They did a really good job with that race.

Agree, the 8 was probably hoping someone would jump in line with him.
Wolfer79
Monday, October 7
5 p.m., ARCA Menards Series: Owens Corning 200 at Toledo Speedway (re-air), FS2
7 p.m., NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series: Love's RV Stop 225 at Talladega Superspeedway (re-air), FS2

Tuesday, October 8
4 a.m., ARCA Menards Series: Owens Corning 200 at Toledo Speedway (re-air), FS1
11 a.m., ARCA Menards Series: Owens Corning 200 at Toledo Speedway (re-air), FS2
1 p.m., NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series: Love's RV Stop 225 at Talladega Superspeedway (re-air), FS2
10 p.m., Kevin Harvick's Happy Hour: Zak Brown Interview (re-air), FS2
10:30 p.m., Kevin Harvick's Kevin Harvick's Happy Hour: Zak Brown Interview (re-air), FS2
10:30 p.m., Kevin Harvick's Happy Hour: Justin Marks Interview (re-air), FS2
11 p.m., Kevin Harvick's Happy Hour: Richard Childress Interview (re-air), FS2

Wednesday, October 9

7 p.m., Kevin Harvick's Happy Hour: Justin Marks Interview (re-air), FS2
7:30 p.m., Kevin Harvick's Happy Hour: Richard Childress Interview (re-air), FS2
8 p.m., ARCA Menards Series: Owens Corning 200 at Toledo Speedway (re-air), FS2
10 p.m., NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series: Love's RV Stop 225 at Talladega Superspeedway (re-air), FS2

Thursday, October 10

Midnight, Refuse to Lose: Jeff Gordon and the 1997 Daytona 500 (re-air), FS2
1 a.m., Unrivaled: Earnhardt vs. Gordon (re-air), FS2
2 a.m., I Am Kevin Harvick (re-air), FS2
1:05 p.m., IMSA VP Racing SportsCar Challenge Race 1 at Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta, Peacock
4:30 p.m., Kevin Harvick's Happy Hour: Zak Brown Interview (re-air), FS2
5 p.m., IMSA Porsche Carrera Cup North America Race 1 at Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta, Peacock
5 p.m., Kevin Harvick's Happy Hour: Justin Marks Interview (re-air), FS2
5:30 p.m., Kevin Harvick's Happy Hour: Richard Childress Interview (re-air), FS2
5:30 p.m., NASCAR Inside the Playoffs, TruTV and streaming on Max
7 p.m., Kevin Harvick's Happy Hour: Talladega Recap, FS1
8 p.m., Kevin Harvick's Happy Hour (re-air), FS1
8:30 p.m., NASCAR Race Classic: 1987 Winston 500 (re-air), FS1

Friday, October 11
2 a.m., Kevin Harvick's Happy Hour (re-air), FS2
2:30 a.m., Kevin Harvick's Happy Hour: Talladega Recap (re-air), FS2
6 a.m., Kevin Harvick's Happy Hour (re-air), FS1
8:40 a.m., IMSA VP Racing SportsCar Challenge Race 2 at Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta, Peacock
10:50 a.m., IMSA Porsche Carrera Cup North America Race 2 at Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta, Peacock 10:50 a.m., IMSA Porsche Carrera Cup North America Race 2 at Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta, Peacock
12:40 p.m., IMSA Michelin Pilot Challenge: Fox Factory 120 at Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta, Peacock
3:20 p.m., IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship: Qualifying at Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta, Peacock

Saturday, October 12

7 a.m., Kevin Harvick's Happy Hour: Talladega Recap (re-air), FS2
10 a.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series: Practice and Qualifying at Charlotte Motor Speedway road course, USA
Noon, IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship: Motul Petit Le Mans at Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta, NBC and Peacock
Noon, NASCAR Cup Series: Victory Lane Review, USA
12:30 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Practice and Qualifying at Charlotte Motor Speedway road course, USA
3:30 p.m., NASCAR Countdown Live, The CW
4 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series: Drive for the Cure 250 presented by BCBS at Charlotte Motor Speedway road course, The CW
5 p.m., NASCAR Championship Night No. 2 at Langley Speedway, FloRacing
6 p.m., IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship: Motul Petit Le Mans at Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta, USA and Peacock

Sunday, October 13

8 a.m., NASCAR Youth Series at Charlotte, FloRacing
2 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Countdown to Green, NBC
2:30 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Bank of America ROVAL 400 at Charlotte Motor Speedway road course, NBC
10 p.m., Kevin Harvick's Happy Hour: Justin Marks Interview (re-air), FS2
10:30 p.m., Kevin Harvick's Happy Hour: Richard Childress Interview (re-air), FS2
TBD, NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour at Thompson Speedway Motorsports Park, FloRacing
caryking
TheStorm said:

ncsupack1 said:

GetOffMyLawnPack said:

Boooooooo…..
TheStorm
ncsupack1 said:

TheStorm said:

ncsupack1 said:

He's not wrong.

Sorry, I was saying that the field was basically running at 50 percent throttle.
Well, I definitely owe Logano an apology here - he's absolutely right... went all the way back to the 14 to the 21 to the 22 and so on.

It was like a centipede almost, and that's no bueno on that track. Also kind of looked like Kes thought for just a split second about trying to swerve and then stopped it and as a result didn't hit Cindric square enough to give him a chance to survive it.

And boy, that interview with Cindric after that wreck? Talk about someone being able to control his emotions.
TheStorm
caryking said:

TheStorm said:

ncsupack1 said:

GetOffMyLawnPack said:

Boooooooo…..
Hahahaha! Maybe I've finally gotten used to him...
caryking
TheStorm said:

caryking said:

TheStorm said:

ncsupack1 said:

GetOffMyLawnPack said:

Boooooooo…..
I find his enthusiasm intoxicating. The F1 commentators bring energy to the broadcast. Diffey is very similar.
TheStorm
caryking said:

TheStorm said:

caryking said:

TheStorm said:

ncsupack1 said:

GetOffMyLawnPack said:

Boooooooo…..
I find his enthusiasm intoxicating. The F1 commentators bring energy to the broadcast. Diffey is very similar.
Yeah, I know you love that dude... I have to be somewhat careful not to get on the wrong side of you over him.

I know what a stickler you can be on here!

*I thought that broadcast was handled really well yesterday... I liked seeing more of Jarrett and Johnson than normal as well, I know Jimmie still runs some, so it's not a normal thing - but I thought they had really good chemistry between them and that's coming from someone that has never really liked Dale ever to begin with.
caryking
TheStorm said:

caryking said:

TheStorm said:

caryking said:

TheStorm said:

ncsupack1 said:

GetOffMyLawnPack said:

Boooooooo…..
Yeah, I know you love that dude... I have to be somewhat careful not to get on the wrong side of you over him.

*I thought that broadcast was handled really well yesterday... I liked seeing more of Jarrett and Johnson than normal as well, I know Jimmie still runs some, so it's not a normal thing - but I thought they had really good chemistry between them and that's coming from someone that has never really liked Dale ever to begin with.

I think the coverage was good… that said, I do miss Dale Jr.
ncsupack1
caryking said:

TheStorm said:

caryking said:

TheStorm said:

caryking said:

TheStorm said:

ncsupack1 said:

GetOffMyLawnPack said:

Boooooooo…..

It is odd not seeing him in the booth.
Glasswolf
ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

TheStorm said:

caryking said:

TheStorm said:

caryking said:

TheStorm said:

ncsupack1 said:

GetOffMyLawnPack said:

Boooooooo…..

As much as I miss Dale Jr. in the booth he more than makes up for it in his Dirty Mo Podcast
ncsupack1
Glasswolf said:

ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

TheStorm said:

caryking said:

TheStorm said:

caryking said:

TheStorm said:

ncsupack1 said:

GetOffMyLawnPack said:

Boooooooo…..

As much as I miss Dale Jr. in the booth he more than makes up for it in his Dirty Mo Podcast

I love DBC and Hamlin's show. I haven't listened to Jr in some time though. Another good one is the Teardown
Edward_H
Wolfer79 said:

@Crocs @NASCAR

The two have officially signed a licensing deal, continuing the racing series' recent trend of acquiring new merchandise partners.

Shoe brand Crocs has signed an official licensing deal with NASCAR, continuing the racing series' recent streak of bringing on new merchandise partners. The agreement will be announced later this morning and will result in the Colorado-based foam footwear manufacturer selling a new NASCAR-branded collection of shoes starting at retailers, wholesalers and the Crocs website beginning Monday. Consumers who have the Crocs app downloaded will get an early purchasing window starting tomorrow. The foam shoes will have designs like checkered flag graphics, NASCAR's color pattern, charms and LED devices.

In 2006, Crocs made its first play in NASCAR with several team-side licensing deals with the likes of Dale Earnhardt Jr., Hendrick Motorsports, Joe Gibbs Racing and Richard Childress Racing. NASCAR Managing Dir of Licensing & Consumer Products Megan Malayter noted that Crocs is a well-known shoe brand and that the deal "gives NASCAR fans a fun, functional way to put their passion on display ... and provides NASCAR another important opportunity to meet new consumers and potential fans where they are." The Crocs deal is the latest for Malayter's licensing department as NASCAR works to build its cool factor through its approach to merchandise.
https://studyhelper.com/argumentative-essay-samples
This is a pretty cool collaboration! Crocs have been making moves in different industries, so teaming up with NASCAR feels like a natural fit. Fans are always looking for new ways to rep their favorite brands, and Crocs' unique, customizable style will definitely appeal to a lot of NASCAR enthusiasts.
TheStorm
Quite the conundrum, huh Glass?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.