2022 mid term elections

105,216 Views | 1133 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by Werewolf
Civilized
How long do you want to ignore this user?
jkpackfan said:

This is scary but not surprising

This isn't new, and isn't some sort of nefarious indoctrination, as if younger generations are too dumb or gullible to think for themselves.

What's the saying that's been around forever, "If you're not liberal when you're young you don't have a heart, and if you're not conservative when you're old you don't have a brain?"
Civilized
caryking said:

Civilized said:

PackFansXL said:

https://www.nationalreview.com/the-morning-jolt/the-red-splish-splash/

Bravo. Exactly right.

Let's see those words turn into action.

What action, exactly?

Nominate real candidates instead of celebrities or Trump wannabes.
Packchem91
Great....so in the last 2 years, Trump has:
1) been such a caustic a** that he lost an election to an old man who was already showing signs of mental degredation
2) fought so hard for himself post-election instead of candidates in GA that he cost both run-off candidates and lost majority in the Senate
3) led a couple month long pitching of a fit that culminated in Jan 6 and gave teh Dems a great "fear the GOP" talking point to offset the lunacy of the Biden presidency
4) chose like-minded candidates in several states that should have turned red, but the candidates were so poor, that even though several of them also had terrible opponents, even Biden's lunacy didn't result in a GOP candidate being elected.
5) While the GOP will have the House, left the door open in the Senate to allow Biden to still have a stronger voice than he should have for the next 2 years. Trump's candidates and fear of Trumpism shut down the red wave in a period where the country should have been scared to death of Joe Biden

But yet, we'll still see people advocating for Trump and blaming voters instead of the most divisive, polarizing, and self-aggrandizing candidate ever.

**Hopefully the performance of DeSantis and his coattails in FL -- just demolishing the Dems -- will quickly drown out the Trumpers, but I fear he'll do all he can to weaken DeSantis
Civilized
packgrad said:

Ahh. So a mentally deficient person is better because he has a D beside his name, but let's pretend it's about how long he lived in PA. Thank you for making my point about party over country.

Anybody close to you suffered stroke?

Slurred words and speech difficulties are not necessarily an indication of "mental deficiency."

What's important is that I don't know his current medical condition or recovery prognosis, but neither do you.
jkpackfan
Civilized said:

jkpackfan said:

This is scary but not surprising

This isn't new, and isn't some sort of nefarious indoctrination, as if younger generations are too dumb or gullible to think for themselves.

What's the saying that's been around forever, "If you're not liberal when you're young you don't have a heart, and if you're not conservative when you're old you don't have a brain?"
Lol dude come on, of course they're indoctrinating, a huge majority of college professors are lefty's. You're 100% right, nothing new.

Civilized
Packchem91 said:

1) been such a caustic a** that he lost an election to an old man who was already showing signs of mental degredation
2) fought so hard for himself post-election instead of candidates in GA that he cost both run-off candidates and lost majority in the Senate
3) led a couple month long pitching of a fit that culminated in Jan 6 and gave teh Dems a great "fear the GOP" talking point to offset the lunacy of the Biden presidency
4) chose like-minded candidates in several states that should have turned red, but the candidates were so poor, that even though several of them also had terrible opponents, even Biden's lunacy didn't result in a GOP candidate being elected.
5) While the GOP will have the House, left the door open in the Senate to allow Biden to still have a stronger voice than he should have for the next 2 years. Trump's candidates and fear of Trumpism shut down the red wave in a period where the country should have been scared to death of Joe Biden

But yet, we'll still see people advocating for Trump and blaming voters instead of the most divisive, polarizing, and self-aggrandizing candidate ever.

**Hopefully the performance of DeSantis and his coattails in FL -- just demolishing the Dems -- will quickly drown out the Trumpers, but I fear he'll do all he can to weaken DeSantis

'Bout sums it up.
Civilized
jkpackfan said:

Lol dude come on, of course they're indoctrinating, a huge majority of college professors are lefty's. You're 100% right, nothing new.

Did you have those professors?

Did they indoctrinate you or did your tinfoil hat protect you?
jkpackfan
Packchem91 said:

My hope as well, DeSantis crushed it and should be the new leader of the party.
jkpackfan
Civilized said:

jkpackfan said:

Sure, I had an economics professor that spent more time bashing Republicans and how their economic policies are terrible for the country than actually teaching.

My nephew had a political science professor at State that was so bad that he had to learn to write papers with the viewpoint that he thought the professor would like. His first paper he got a D, when he changed he started getting A's, kid was a straight A student.

I'm not gonna say that every professor in America is like this but there's a crap ton out there and that shouldn't be.

You don't know me so leave the smart a$$ comments for someone else.
jkpackfan
jkpackfan said:

Civilized said:

jkpackfan said:

Sure, I had an economics professor that spent more time bashing Republicans and how their economic policies are terrible for the country than actually teaching.

My nephew had a political science professor at State that was so bad that he had to learn to write papers with the viewpoint that he thought the professor would like. His first paper he got a D, when he changed he started getting A's, kid was a straight A student.

I'm not gonna say that every professor in America is like this but there's a crap ton out there and that shouldn't be.

You don't know me so leave the smart a$$ comments for someone else.
Packchem91
Civilized said:

packgrad said:

Ahh. So a mentally deficient person is better because he has a D beside his name, but let's pretend it's about how long he lived in PA. Thank you for making my point about party over country.

Slurred words and speech difficulties are not necessarily an indication of "mental deficiency."

What's important is that I don't know his current medical condition or recovery prognosis, but neither do you.
Right....the inability to speak well doesn't mean he's mentally deficient. His stated political beliefs may (are) should be reason for concern though.

As to the question from PG though...i mean, its not like we don't all do that. As a GOP, I would not have wanted to vote for Oz nor Walker, but I would have gone to vote for them because I fear allowing Biden to have an agenda still with Dem congress.
Likewise, you could argue a Dem would rather vote for Fetterman (or whomever replaces him) as a guy who is going to vote in lockstep with Biden on 99% of issues, and who they believe is the lesser of evils of a Trump-clone
jkpackfan
Sorry didn't mean to double post
LetEmKnowPack
Civilized said:

packgrad said:

Pre-stroke Fetterman impress you? was it having an allowance til he was 50 that screams Senator material? Dude is a bum. please have Fetterman be the hill yall want to die on….
jkpackfan
High Travoltage said:

Civilized said:

packgrad said:

Pre-stroke Fetterman impress you? was it having an allowance til he was 50 that screams Senator material? Dude is a bum. please have Fetterman be the hill yall want to die on….
Didn't he live with his parents until he was in his 40s lol?
packgrad
High Travoltage said:

Civilized said:

packgrad said:

Independent civ will die on that hill. Great candidate. Lol.

packgrad
Civilized said:

packgrad said:

Is that your medical opinion? Quit talking out of your ass. What's important is that people like you will vote for someone that can't complete a sentence because they have a D beside their name. Party over country.
LetEmKnowPack
packgrad said:

High Travoltage said:

Civilized said:

packgrad said:

Independent civ will die on that hill. Great candidate. Lol.

Sloth is a good comp. I was leaning Master Blaster. Even explains the neck callous…
PackFansXL
Packchem91 said:

Civilized said:

packgrad said:

Right....the inability to speak well doesn't mean he's mentally deficient. His stated political beliefs may (are) should be reason for concern though.

As to the question from PG though...i mean, its not like we don't all do that. As a GOP, I would not have wanted to vote for Oz nor Walker, but I would have gone to vote for them because I fear allowing Biden to have an agenda still with Dem congress.
Likewise, you could argue a Dem would rather vote for Fetterman (or whomever replaces him) as a guy who is going to vote in lockstep with Biden on 99% of issues, and who they believe is the lesser of evils of a Trump-clone
Chem, those who tried to interview him without a teleprompter discovered he simply couldn't process auditory information. If you watch the sound bites from his "debate", it's disturbing that anyone thought he was worthy of office. His campaign misrepresented his mental state and chose an obscure media outlet to cover the debate. They also ducked the debate until polling showed concerning support growth for Oz. By the time the truth became apparent regarding his woeful mental condition, a crap ton of early votes had already been cast. Team D played it as dirty as they could based on rules in PA. He will be replaced as soon as political cover allows Team D to pull the swap off.
Packchem91
PackFansXL said:

Packchem91 said:

Civilized said:

packgrad said:

Chem, those who tried to interview him without a teleprompter discovered he simply couldn't process auditory information. If you watch the sound bites from his "debate", it's disturbing that anyone thought he was worthy of office. His campaign misrepresented his mental state and chose an obscure media outlet to cover the debate. They also ducked the debate until polling showed concerning support growth for Oz. By the time the truth became apparent regarding his woeful mental condition, a crap ton of early votes had already been cast. Team D played it as dirty as they could based on rules in PA. He will be replaced as soon as political cover allows Team D to pull the swap off.
Right -- so if you were the Dem party, what would you have done that late in the game --- they would have lost the election. Now....I agree -- they'll replace him.

I guess my point is -- i think its very naive to assume the GOP wouldn't have done same in those circumstances....or that GOP voters wouldn't have also voted for Bernie from "weekend at Bernies" before some Dem candidates. Its not unique to a party.

What is a bigger issue --- the Trumper was so terrible, he couldn't beat him. That is NOT on the Democratic party nor voters....that is 100% on the GOP / Trump / Oz.

Gulfstream4
jkpackfan said:

Packchem91 said:

My hope as well, DeSantis crushed it and should be the new leader of the party.

I agree 100%
Werewolf
metcalfmafia said:

jadawson said:

metcalfmafia said:

Werewolf said:

jadawson said:

metcalfmafia said:

Are there any offices left for Beto to run for at this point after taking another L?

Beto and Stacy abrams can run against each other to see if one of them can actually win something
Beto made it close in gun toting Texas. Abortion rights are apparently very important to Texans.
They are very important to New Texans from California I'm sure.

I don't know how abortion plays into it, but historically people that move to Texas from other states vote conservative. They are moving to Texas because of the policies, not to try to flip it blue
I don't have data so I can be corrected here, but I highly doubt the influx of Californians moving to Austin are voting conservative.
Austin is allowed to address abortion differently that the State?

Austin might restrict your rights to carry a gun somewhat but I doubt substantially from what is legislated by the State Legislature.
#Devolution #Expand Your Thinking #Eye of The Storm #TheGreatAwakening
Civilized
packgrad said:

Civilized said:

packgrad said:

Is that your medical opinion? Quit talking out of your ass. What's important is that people like you will vote for someone that can't complete a sentence because they have a D beside their name. Party over country.

Oz lost to someone that can't complete a sentence, according you. That makes you mad, I get it.

But what does that say about Oz, and Trump's endorsement of him?

If you want to win more elections, cancel the Trump clown show and nominate better candidates.

Fortunately a lot of Pubs seem like they finally got the memo this morning, albeit a year too late to save them in this election.

Maybe now the party can rally around an eminently electable candidate in DeSantis and try to do in 24 what they couldn't do in 22.

packgrad
So now the argument is voters knew he was mentally deficient but still voted for him because party over country and republicans would have done the same thing? Lol.

A mentally deficient republican would have never made it to the election. Another one of those times where people that argue that it doesn't matter that the MSM is a propaganda arm of the Dem party are FOS.
Civilized
High Travoltage said:

Civilized said:

packgrad said:

Fetterman didn't impress me.

Neither did Oz.

If the Pubs had put anyone in that race that wasn't a Trump-adjacent sideshow, they win.

Nominate better candidates that don't lose to Sloth.
packgrad
Civilized said:

packgrad said:

Civilized said:

packgrad said:

Oz lost to someone that can't complete a sentence, according you. That makes you mad, I get it.

If you want to win more elections, cancel the Trump clown show and nominate better candidates.

Fortunately a lot of Pubs seem like they finally got the memo this morning, albeit a year too late to save them in this election.

Maybe now the party can rally around an eminently electable candidate in DeSantis and try to do in 24 what they couldn't do in 22.

Election isn't over. You understand that, yes? Win 2 of 3 in Nevada, Arizona, and Georgia and Republican majority in Senate.
Civilized
packgrad said:

Civilized said:

packgrad said:

Civilized said:

packgrad said:

Election isn't over. You understand that, yes? Win 2 of 3 in Nevada, Arizona, and Georgia and Republican majority in Senate.

There was no red wave.

The Republicans badly underperformed because of their lingering Stop the Steal/Trump obsession and their poor candidate quality.

You understand that, yes?
packgrad
Civilized said:

packgrad said:

Civilized said:

packgrad said:

Civilized said:

packgrad said:

There was no red wave.

The Republicans badly underperformed because of their lingering Stop the Steal/Trump obsession and their poor candidate quality.

You understand that, yes?

I don't care about a term "red wave". I care about control of the house and the Senate. You can worry about silly little sayings like "red wave".

packgrad
Walker and Warnock in a runoff election in December per FOXNEWS!!!!
Packchem91
packgrad said:

So now the argument is voters knew he was mentally deficient but still voted for him because party over country and republicans would have done the same thing? Lol.

A mentally deficient republican would have never made it to the election. Another one of those times where people that argue that it doesn't matter that the MSM is a propaganda arm of the Dem party are FOS.
So I'll ask you --- IF you were the leaders of the PA Dem party, and you were given that pile of crap to deal with -- but you're into the final stretches and polls should you clearly way out in front. And you know the best human thing to do would be to interrupt all or your momentum find some body who is willing to come in at the last minute and take over to close it out....but, you also know its going to likely put you behind in the polls......what are you going to do?

Is there a precedent for that?

I just can't imagine any party that is going to navigate a change at taht point. I agree on the media differences and I'm sure a GOP candidate would have been slain in the media -- but many in the media were pretty harsh on Fetterman after that debate.

Again, this loss is not on the media, the Dems, or anyone other than the poor leadership in pushing Oz as the candidate. He couldn't motivate the people in PA to come vote for an outsider.
LetEmKnowPack
The dems in PA also reelected someone who died Oct 9th. Discerning lot. Very concerned about the right candidates.
Werewolf
Guys - even the R's here - the results of this election were a result of fraud. Can I prove it, of course not. I remind the R's here of Article III of the Constitution Emergency Powers of the POTUS and the subsequent 2020 executive orders 12148, 13912, 13919 and 13848 which - I believe - federalized the activation of 1 million National Guard to active duty. This activation is to remain in place until which time the national emergency can be terminated.

Note that cyber security teams of the National Guard were mobilized during this mid-term to 14 different states including AZ, PA, CO, NC, and NY among others although I don't see MI, NV and GA on the list, however.
Packchem91
High Travoltage said:

The dems in PA also reelected someone who died Oct 9th. Discerning lot. Very concerned about the right candidates.
LOL, really, for what position?

Do you really think Iowa was best served by electing 89 YO Charles Grassley? So if he serves out his term, he's 95? I don't know him, maybe he's the 1:1M guy that is still very effective at 89? Or...the Iowa GOP knows it has a sure win to vote against Biden so they run him out there?

Werewolf
Packchem91 said:

High Travoltage said:

Do you really think Iowa was best served by electing 89 YO Charles Grassley? So if he serves out his term, he's 95? I don't know him, maybe he's the 1:1M guy that is still very effective at 89? Or...the Iowa GOP knows it has a sure win to vote against Biden so they run him out there?

He's pretty sharp at 89; if you've not listened to him before. Making it to 95 may be a stretch. All these guys, both sides, are too easily returned to office.
LetEmKnowPack
Packchem91 said:

High Travoltage said:

With you on Grassley for sure. This was some 85yr old state rep. Im all about age limits.
FlossyDFlynt
High Travoltage said:

Packchem91 said:

High Travoltage said:

With you on Grassley for sure. This was some 85yr old state rep. Im all about age limits.

Different discussion for a different time, but any candidate/party that will put a serious challenge into adding term limits and age limits moving forward will get my vote

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.