2022 mid term elections

80,129 Views | 1133 Replies | Last: 15 days ago by Werewolf
Werewolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If 2010 was a bloodbath over Obamacare's nationalization of 1/6 of the US economy, then how does ANYONE explain the neck-and-neck contests of 2022?

1. Parents across the country are furious over CRT and the sexualization of their young kids.
2. Our nation has forfeited its energy independence, with gas prices way higher than what they were when Trump left.
3. Inflation is at its highest in decades.
4. We're embroiled in a stupid war in the Ukraine that could possibly lead to WW3.
5. Our institutions have forced COVID vaccinations, a proven risk to both life and livelihood.
6. Our southern border is wide open.
7. The FBI and the judiciary are politically weaponized to go after lawyers who bring good faith suits to fight for election integrity.
8. We are somehow stuck with a physically and mentally stumbling so-called president, who has to be the most unpopular in my lifetime, and who only recently overtly threatened his political opposition.

So what do y'all think? Do the 8 factors above bode well for a tightly contested midterm? Should Republicans and Democrats be tied at 46 in the races for the US Senate?

Well for what it's worth, I for one am sure these tight results are the product of fairness in our election systems. There's no question that this is the reflection of the will of the people.

I'm therefore just once again so grateful for the courageous state and federal legislators who did their utmost to to ensure we had honest elections. Ha!

(Transitioning back out of my sarcasm from the previous two paragraphs) … This is utterly unbelievable. Actually, it's not. It's exactly what we should expect when our lawmakers don't fulfill their constitutional oaths. And still too many sheeple seem preoccupied with the question of which candidates can win.

What's it going to take, America? How long are we going to let this nonsense continue?
Marco
I wonder what old Bo(Hines) is up to now!!Roevember got'cha!!Since you are a former wolfpacker,I kno RED is one of your favorite colors!!Conald endorsed you,guaranteed L!! !!
LetEmKnowPack
Just saw a news show talking about Fetterneck in the white house. Guess thats on Oz too? Just more discerning voters teaching us rubes not to get fooled by carnival barkers.
Civilized
Dude you're worse than teenage kids coming up with excuses about why some desired outcome of theirs didn't happen.

Did DeSantis have a hard time getting elected? No? Maybe because he is a really strong candidate?

Nominate better candidates. Win more elections.

Part of the reason I push back on here so much about Republican whining about being a victim of the media or a victim of lib-tard teaching in universities is that Republicans have the biggest political advantage of all with the structural partisan bias of the electoral college and overrepresentation in the Senate.

Quit *****ing about being a victim of the electoral system, especially on the completely imaginary basis of widespread election fraud costing Republicans elections, and acknowledge that the system affords Pubs a real, quantifiable advantage in the EC and in the Senate.

Be pleased that these advantages allow not just for the avoidance of majority rule, but for moderately unpopular conservative positions to be turned into law more frequently than their overall support amongst the populace would suggest they should be.

Again, Pubs have very real and quantifiable advantages in our electoral system that outweigh or at least mitigate the soft advantages of media bias or propagation of liberal thought in higher education.

Stop complaining and conspiracy theorizing and lever these advantages.
NCTrafficMan

RedWave/RedTsunami LOLLER.
Werewolf
Civilized said:

Dude you're worse than teenage kids coming up with excuses about why some desired outcome of theirs didn't happen.

Did DeSantis have a hard time getting elected? No? Maybe because he is a really strong candidate?

Part of the reason I push back on here so much about Republican whining about being a victim of the media or a victim of lib-tard teaching in universities is that Republicans have the biggest political advantage of all with the structural partisan bias of the electoral college and overrepresentation in the Senate.

Quit *****ing about being a victim of the electoral system, especially on the completely imaginary basis of widespread election fraud costing Republicans elections, and acknowledge that the system affords Pubs a real, quantifiable advantage in the EC and in the Senate.

Be pleased that these advantages allow not just for the avoidance of majority rule, but for moderately unpopular conservative positions to be turned into law more frequently than their overall support amongst the populace would suggest they should be.

Again, Pubs have very real and quantifiable advantages in our electoral system that outweigh or at least mitigate the soft advantages of media bias or propagation of liberal thought in higher education.

Truths and opinions shared that you may not see on CNN and MSNBC. Those glorious days of Govt control you envision won't come easy. It will all come out in the wash.
packgrad
A mentally deficient senator was elected because the media hid his condition because he's a democrat and a democrat that pretends to be an independent on a message board says it's a "soft advantage". Lol. So fake.
PackFansXL
Civilized said:

Civ,

Now I know you are trolling. There is no way you believe these two bolded comments. At least I hope not.

Your first argument is like arguing the rules of chess should be amended because one party decides the pawns should be more powerful or the king should be just as powerful as the queen. The rules of the game are established and give everyone an equal understanding of the structure of the game. Those rules were established with fairness in mind to give representation to folks of all walks of life.

Your second argument is blatant dishonesty just like that forced on viewers of most major media channels and readers of most liberal press. Lying and misrepresentation supposedly matters when the Left perceives it coming from the Right but it doesn't matter when it actually is coming from the Left. What makes it a soft advantage to mislead millions of voters about the facts? Are we now to assume that education is irrelevant if it just so happens to be biased to a preferred view?

My fear is we have passed the tipping point where good people are no longer capable of shedding their biases to see the truth and we are selling our souls and our freedom for lies.
Civilized
I'm not arguing to change any rules. You've never heard me once advocate for elimination of the electoral college or a rethinking of the Virginia Compromise.

What would be awesome would be for many Republicans to stop being such whiners about the system being rigged.

There are real, quantifiable structural advantages for Republicans in the system.

Instead, some sizable proportion of the Republican electorate wants to obsess over fake election fraud and media bias when celebrity hangers-on candidates like Mehmet Oz don't get elected.

Republicans have plenty of advantages in the system. Focus on candidate quality instead of somehow blaming the media or Democrats when weak-sauce Pub candidates don't win their elections.

DrummerboyWolf
They are playing games in Arizona. Delaying the vote because they know Kari Lake and Blake Masters are going to get the majority of the votes that are left and win. Shenanigans going on in PA, Michigan, and Georgia. The elections have been compromised for at least a decade and probably longer. Your Republic is being destroyed right before your eyes.
Being an N. C. State fan builds great character!
PackFansXL
Civilized said:

I'm not arguing to change any rules. You've never heard me once advocate for elimination of the electoral college or a rethinking of the Virginia Compromise.

What would be awesome would be for many Republicans to stop being such whiners about the system being rigged.

There are real, quantifiable structural advantages for Republicans in the system.

Instead, some sizable proportion of the Republican electorate wants to obsess over fake election fraud and media bias when celebrity hangers-on candidates like Mehmet Oz don't get elected.

Republicans have plenty of advantages in the system. Focus on candidate quality instead of somehow blaming the media or Democrats when weak-sauce Pub candidates don't win their elections.

I will agree there could have been better choices made in the Republican primaries. However, let's not forget that Democrats vote in Republican primaries and fund ads to promote the weakest Republicans.

What good is candidate quality when the press will simply lie about that person's character and record? They have been lying about Ron DeSantis for over a year and he hasn't even announced yet. A corrupt Press is not a soft advantage, it is the entire war won by lies.
NCTrafficMan
DrummerboyWolf said:

They are playing games in Arizona. Delaying the vote because they know Kari Lake and Blake Masters are going to get the majority of the votes that are left and win. Shenanigans going on in PA, Michigan, and Georgia. The elections have been compromised for at least a decade and probably longer. Your Republic is being destroyed right before your eyes.
And yet if you person wins then it is a "perfect election" (as your orange makeup wearing clown god Trump says)....you only think elections "are compromised" when your team looses. You only whine and bleat about "Your republic being destroyed" when your team looses.

Funny how that always seems to happen.

I call it you can't face reality.

So are you gonna stay on the Trump/MAGA train?

Are you gullible enough to be grifted from yet again?

jkpackfan
Civilized said:

The constitution is a mofo isn't it.
Werewolf
DrummerboyWolf said:

Well said.
DrummerboyWolf
NCTrafficMan said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

And yet if you person wins then it is a "perfect election" (as your orange makeup wearing clown god Trump says)....you only think elections "are compromised" when your team looses. You only whine and bleat about "Your republic being destroyed" when your team looses.

Funny how that always seems to happen.

I call it you can't face reality.

So are you gonna stay on the Trump/MAGA train?

Are you gullible enough to be grifted from yet again?

I haven't sent a dime to Trump. If you are too stupid to see the facts right in front of you then I cannot help you. Keep on believing that main stream media(Including Fox) and their narrative instead of looking at the facts.
Civilized
jkpackfan said:

Civilized said:

Nobody said otherwise.

The Republicans have real advantages, just not ones they like to talk about. They're not victims. It's not the Dems or the media's or the system's fault that the Pubs underperformed in 22.

Hopefully both Dem and Pub candidates are stronger in 24 than we've seen the last several cycles. We'll all be better off for it.
PackFansXL
Civilized said:

jkpackfan said:

Civilized said:

Nobody said otherwise.

The Republicans have real advantages, just not ones they like to talk about. They're not victims. It's not the Dems or the media's or the system's fault that the Pubs underperformed in 22.

Hopefully both Dem and Pub candidates are stronger in 24 than we've seen the last several cycles. We'll all be better off for it.
Do you agree that the media is biased heavily towards Democrats?
Werewolf
Kari Lake: "We Need Honest Elections and We're Gonna Bring Them to You, Arizona"

There will be no boundaries as the Establishment undertake efforts to defeat Kari Lake. To me she's the most dynamic candidate of all R candidates ............at any level of govt. Kari Lake is destined to become the 1st Female POTUS.
jkpackfan
Werewolf said:

Kari Lake: "We Need Honest Elections and We're Gonna Bring Them to You, Arizona"

There will be no boundaries as the Establishment undertake efforts to defeat Kari Lake. To me she's the most dynamic candidate of all R candidates ............at any level of govt. Kari Lake is destined to become the 1st Female POTUS.
DeSantis/Lake sounds pretty good.
DrummerboyWolf
jkpackfan said:

Werewolf said:

Kari Lake has already said she won't be the VP nominee in 2024. She is committed to Arizona.
Marco
Packgrad,if Fetterman is mentally deficient,he WON!!Dr.Oz lost,what does that say about him!!You are a sore loser!!You win some, you lose some,LOSER!! Go down to crime ah lago with your other loser!!RED WAVE huh??
Marco
So much for crime,inflation and all the other BS yall was spewing!DEMOCRACY won!!ALWAYS WIN!!
Werewolf
Kari Lake elaborating on what their strategy is by slow walking the ballots....................

Now you know why the establishment was all prepared to push the same message:
Trump is done.
They are psyoping MAGA.

"They wanted to throw cold water on the movement. They want to take that victory. They want to make it look like America first is not thriving when, in fact, it is. Don't believe the narrative that you're hearing....I think they wanted us to not have our big moment with our big victory speech.. They did this to me in the primary...The media ran with the false narrative that I squeaked out a win...I believe we win and I think we win by a good margin and we are going to go on to reform our elections so we never have this embarrassment again."
Werewolf
DrummerboyWolf said:

jkpackfan said:

Werewolf said:

Kari Lake has already said she won't be the VP nominee in 2024. She is committed to Arizona.
I think she's more like 2028 or 2032. A helluva woman!
Werewolf
jkpackfan said:

Werewolf said:

The two future stars of the party. DeSantis has got some Yale connections that do concern me but he's done and said everything right in Florida so far.....so I'm on board. Kari is new to all this but what a well oiled machine that little lady is...........a bulldog; a firebrand.

Werewolf
Watched MsNBC clip of two of their anchors discussing what a great POTUS candidate John Fetterman would be. Actually witnessed and TRUE.

Think about it....and remind yourself of all the ridiculous Biden stuff you've watched, and all the ridiculous Kamala clips. Do we really think things are normal?

In my nearly 67 years and 55 of it watching politics I've never witnessed so much outlandish and ridiculous conduct/behavior. FWIW
LetEmKnowPack
Marco said:

So much for crime,inflation and all the other BS yall was spewing!DEMOCRACY won!!ALWAYS WIN!!
Inflation BS?

Crime BS?

Hey, yall still think the media messaging doesnt matter?

hokiewolf
High Travoltage said:

Marco said:

Inflation BS?

Crime BS?

I suggest you read this book: Broken News: Why the Media Rage Machine Divides America and How to Fight Back by Chris Stirewalt. It will help answer your question.

Let me ask you this, why does the media messaging matter in 49 states and not in Florida?
packgrad
hokiewolf said:

High Travoltage said:

Marco said:

Inflation BS?

Crime BS?

I suggest you read this book: Broken News: Why the Media Rage Machine Divides America and How to Fight Back by Chris Stirewalt. It will help answer your question.

Let me ask you this, why does the media messaging matter in 49 states and not in Florida?

Who said it didn't matter in Florida? Would you only say media messaging matters if republicans won nothing? What an ignorant take to pretend media messaging doesn't matter.
PackFansXL
Perhaps media messaging drove the exodus from New York to Florida thereby enhancing the Republican wave in Florida.

PackFansXL
Quote:

hokie, thanks for the book recommendation.

Since I haven't read this book, are you saying media messaging does not influence voters?
hokiewolf
PackFansXL said:

Quote:

Since I haven't read this book, are you saying media messaging does not influence voters?
it's a great book to understand how media bias came about and what we as consumers can do to combat it.
PackFansXL
hokiewolf said:

PackFansXL said:

Quote:

it's a great book to understand how media bias came about and what we as consumers can do to combat it.
Great! So, what is your answer to my question?
Civilized
Of course they influence people, principally low-information voters and consumers.

So we think that media messaging does influence voters, but right-leaning media coverage of Trump's COVID-mocking and Stop the Steal buffoonery doesn't?

How do you think that more than half of Republicans ended up thinking there was widespread election fraud in the 2020 election, despite there never being any indication or proof of such fraud? Where did that information come from? CNN? MSNBC?

Why do we keep acting like media messaging is the exclusive domain of the left when the access and reach of Fox/Brietbart/Infowars/Dailymail/Newsmax, etc. is obvious?
Packchem91
Civilized said:

Of course they influence people, principally low-information voters and consumers.

So we think that media messaging does influence voters, but right-leaning media coverage of Trump's COVID-mocking and Stop the Steal buffoonery doesn't?

How do you think that more than half of Republicans ended up thinking there was widespread election fraud in the 2020 election, despite there never being any indication or proof of such fraud? Where did that information come from? CNN? MSNBC?

Why do we keep acting like media messaging is the exclusive domain of the left when the access and reach of Fox/Brietbart/Infowars/Dailymail/Newsmax, etc. is obvious?
Correct -- being an idiot who is easily swayed by news sources you already want to believe is not restricted by political boundaries.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.