2022 mid term elections

79,827 Views | 1133 Replies | Last: 11 days ago by Werewolf
ncsualum05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
GOP underperforms... again.

I'll wait to see how things shake out in the coming days/ weeks but my first thoughts are that the country is still very closely divided and party lines matter. Also GOP in some places have not put up good candidates. I don't know much about Oz but it really blows my mind that a guy like Fetterman can win in PA. That is truly embarrassing. Also I said in 2020 GA could be lost forever. That senate race is probably going to a runoff. The house should go GOP which is fine. The senate still has a good chance to go GOP by a razor thin margin. But I would say the GOP should be disappointed and doing some thorough analysis.

Here's one thing I don't 100% know for certain yet but feel the sentiment on. It seems that Trump's shine is almost completely gone now... candidates backed by him are not performing as well. That may not be true across the board but it seems like it right now. I was a Trump voter and a big fan of his in the past... but I've got to say guys it is past time to move on from him. It's to the point now where he is toxic to the GOP and even if you think the GOP sucks I do not care to continue one party democrat rule. Democrats win by making Trump the issue. People just don't like him. And I'm over it.

It's clear where leadership from the GOP needs to come from and that is the state of Florida, particularly Ron DeSantis. He has done an excellent job in that state, turned it red, governed well, gained popularity, stood up in the face of federal pressure during COVID, has handled hurricane disasters well, etc. I mean the proof is in the pudding... look at the results last night.

Trump already attacking DeSantis but I think you're already seeing a lot of the conservative base turning away from Trump. I really hope DeSantis does a 2024 run and I really encourage you guys to back him.
Marco
Conald gone attack anybody that gets in his way!!Crazy just started!!
LetEmKnowPack
Senator John Fetterman (D)
Civilized
caryking said:

packgrad said:

Civilized said:

packgrad said:

Civilized said:

cowboypack02 said:

Civilized said:

High Travoltage said:

Im glad Dems came out and voted for more of this. They put abortion over crime and the economy. What DeSantis did in Dade county means he should be our candidate in 24.

They indicted Trump endorsements, election denialism, and Dobbs.

But mainly what they did was repudiate the quality of Republican candidates.

Let this be a lesson to Pubs for 24. Move on from the cult of Trump, celebrity candidates, and election-denying grifters. Run folks that are substantive, issue-driven leaders.
I don't think anyone can say that voters repudiated the quality of republican candidates when Fetterman won in PA.

I don't follow.

Of course you don't.

Oz was a Trump-backed celebrity that lost.

How does his loss run counter to my point?

You can't argue quality of candidate while taking a victory lap on Fetterman. Of course that doesn't make sense to you as an "independent" though.

Stripes are showing this morning for the usuals.
He's not an independent. He's a progressive, like he said earlier, in the thread…

Independent and progressive aren't antonyms.

Neither are independent and conservative.
Civilized
packgrad said:

Civilized said:

packgrad said:

Civilized said:

cowboypack02 said:

Civilized said:

High Travoltage said:

Im glad Dems came out and voted for more of this. They put abortion over crime and the economy. What DeSantis did in Dade county means he should be our candidate in 24.

Let this be a lesson to Pubs for 24. Move on from the cult of Trump, celebrity candidates, and election-denying grifters. Run folks that are substantive, issue-driven leaders.
I don't think anyone can say that voters repudiated the quality of republican candidates when Fetterman won in PA.

I don't follow.

Of course you don't.

You can't argue quality of candidate while taking a victory lap on Fetterman. Of course that doesn't make sense to you as an "independent" though.

Why is Fetterman not a quality candidate?
BBW12OG
Civilized said:

caryking said:

packgrad said:

Civilized said:

packgrad said:

Civilized said:

cowboypack02 said:

Civilized said:

High Travoltage said:

I don't follow.

Of course you don't.

He's not an independent. He's a progressive, like he said earlier, in the thread…

No...

But you and your party's synonyms are MARXISTS and democrats.
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
- Thomas Jefferson
Civilized
BBW12OG said:

Civilized said:

caryking said:

packgrad said:

Civilized said:

packgrad said:

Civilized said:

cowboypack02 said:

Civilized said:

High Travoltage said:

I don't follow.

Of course you don't.

No...

But you and your party's synonyms are MARXISTS and democrats.

You waste an ungodly amount of time doing this.
packgrad
Civilized said:

caryking said:

packgrad said:

Civilized said:

packgrad said:

Civilized said:

cowboypack02 said:

Civilized said:

High Travoltage said:

I don't follow.

Of course you don't.

You are what you are, pretindependent.
packgrad
Civilized said:

packgrad said:

Civilized said:

packgrad said:

Civilized said:

cowboypack02 said:

Civilized said:

High Travoltage said:

I don't follow.

Of course you don't.

Why is he not a quality candidate? Lol that an "independent" would ask this.
Civilized
packgrad said:

I do get a chuckle out of the "conservatives" and "independents" taking their victory lap that there wasn't a red wave, like every news outlet predicted.

Stop the Steal and January 6 were two of the worst things to ever happen to our country politically.

My victory lap is celebrating how many of the election-denying anti-democratic losers got buried last night.
packgrad
High Travoltage said:

Senator John Fetterman (D)

"Quality candidate". Who couldn't see that from his debate and news interviews?
wolf howl
Civilized said:

packgrad said:

Civilized said:

packgrad said:

Civilized said:

cowboypack02 said:

Civilized said:

High Travoltage said:

I don't follow.

Of course you don't.

Was this a serious question? Have to assume you've never seen him talk or watched the debate a couple of weeks ago? Guy had a stroke months ago and while he didn't come across as intelligent prior to that it's actually sad now, similar to Biden in the WH.
LetEmKnowPack
Civilized said:

packgrad said:

Civilized said:

packgrad said:

Civilized said:

cowboypack02 said:

Civilized said:

High Travoltage said:

I don't follow.

Of course you don't.

Wow. Holy sh** wow.
packgrad
wolf howl said:

Civilized said:

packgrad said:

Civilized said:

packgrad said:

Civilized said:

cowboypack02 said:

Civilized said:

High Travoltage said:

I don't follow.

Of course you don't.

Was this a serious question? Have to assume you've never seen him talk or watched the debate a couple of weeks ago? Guy had a stroke months ago and while he didn't come across as intelligent prior to that it's actually sad now, similar to Biden in the WH.

Cmon now. Independent civ looks at all sides before forming an opinion. He's a quality candidate!
Civilized
packgrad said:

wolf howl said:

Civilized said:

packgrad said:

Civilized said:

packgrad said:

Civilized said:

cowboypack02 said:

Civilized said:

High Travoltage said:

I don't follow.

Of course you don't.

Cmon now. Independent civ looks at all sides before forming an opinion. He's a quality candidate!

Say you're right, and he's a terrible candidate.

Oz got beat by that guy.

Why?

What does that tell you?
packgrad
Civilized said:

packgrad said:

wolf howl said:

Civilized said:

packgrad said:

Civilized said:

packgrad said:

Civilized said:

cowboypack02 said:

Civilized said:

High Travoltage said:

I don't follow.

Of course you don't.

Oz got beat by that guy.

Why?

What does that tell you?

Democrats will vote for party over country every day of the week?

Why?

What does that tell you?
caryking
Civilized said:

packgrad said:

wolf howl said:

Civilized said:

packgrad said:

Civilized said:

packgrad said:

Civilized said:

cowboypack02 said:

Civilized said:

High Travoltage said:

I don't follow.

Of course you don't.

Oz got beat by that guy.

Why?

What does that tell you?

Civ, who would you have voted for, in that election?

I would have voted for Oz, because he's more closely aligned with Freedom. That said, most people, my opinion, doesn't understand freedom.

I believe the media, whether social, TV or print most always presents issues from a "what can your government do for you" perspective. That has created a mindset that has taken people away from Freedom.

So, honestly, had I really looked at things objectively, I would have never bought into the Red Wave mindset. The country really has no clue, in whole, what freedom really is.

So, they vote for people like Fetterman, who in my opinion, is far worse than Oz. Fetterman is a self proclaimed Socialist. That makes Oz a better candidate, regardless of some of the so-called conservatives say.
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
metcalfmafia
Are there any offices left for Beto to run for at this point after taking another L?
jadawson
packgrad said:

Civilized said:

packgrad said:

wolf howl said:

Civilized said:

packgrad said:

Civilized said:

packgrad said:

Civilized said:

cowboypack02 said:

Civilized said:

High Travoltage said:

I don't follow.

Of course you don't.

Oz got beat by that guy.

Why?

What does that tell you?

Why?

What does that tell you?

That Pennsylvanians don't view mehmet oz as better for themselves?

54% of voters in an exit poll said they didn't believe Oz has lived in Pennsylvania long enough to effectively represent them
jadawson
metcalfmafia said:

Are there any offices left for Beto to run for at this point after taking another L?

Beto and Stacy abrams can run against each other to see if one of them can actually win something
caryking
jadawson said:

packgrad said:

Civilized said:

packgrad said:

wolf howl said:

Civilized said:

packgrad said:

Civilized said:

packgrad said:

Civilized said:

cowboypack02 said:

Civilized said:

High Travoltage said:

I don't follow.

Of course you don't.

Oz got beat by that guy.

Why?

What does that tell you?

Why?

What does that tell you?

54% of voters in an exit poll said they didn't believe Oz has lived in Pennsylvania long enough to effectively represent them

Does that same 54% believe Fetterman's Socialist policies represent them?

Joe Biden
Werewolf
jadawson said:

metcalfmafia said:

Beto and Stacy abrams can run against each other to see if one of them can actually win something
Beto made it close in gun toting Texas. Abortion rights are apparently very important to Texans.
#Devolution #Expand Your Thinking #Eye of The Storm #TheGreatAwakening
jadawson
caryking said:

jadawson said:

packgrad said:

Civilized said:

packgrad said:

wolf howl said:

Civilized said:

packgrad said:

Civilized said:

packgrad said:

Civilized said:

cowboypack02 said:

Civilized said:

High Travoltage said:

I don't follow.

Of course you don't.

Oz got beat by that guy.

Why?

What does that tell you?

Why?

What does that tell you?

Does that same 54% believe Fetterman's Socialist policies represent them?

Going by the election results I'd say they thought he'd be better than Oz. They still might not think he'd do a good job, but better than Oz.
LetEmKnowPack
jadawson said:

packgrad said:

Civilized said:

packgrad said:

wolf howl said:

Civilized said:

packgrad said:

Civilized said:

packgrad said:

Civilized said:

cowboypack02 said:

Civilized said:

High Travoltage said:

I don't follow.

Of course you don't.

Oz got beat by that guy.

Why?

What does that tell you?

Why?

What does that tell you?

Vote Local go brokal
PackFansXL
https://www.nationalreview.com/the-morning-jolt/the-red-splish-splash/

Quote:

My takeaway from all this is that Americans are tired of the circus, the freakshow, the in-your-face, all-controversy-is-good, Trump-influenced wannabes. The country's got real problems, and they won't be solved by table-pounding pop-culture celebrities who want to emote populist rage on Hannity. Maybe that schtick can win you a primary, and if you're in a sufficiently Republican-leaning district or state, you'll be okay. But the country is full of purple and light-blue states that the GOP needs to win if they want to steer the ship of state.
metcalfmafia
Werewolf said:

jadawson said:

metcalfmafia said:

Beto made it close in gun toting Texas. Abortion rights are apparently very important to Texans.
They are very important to New Texans from California I'm sure.
Civilized
PackFansXL said:

Quote:

My takeaway from all this is that Americans are tired of the circus, the freakshow, the in-your-face, all-controversy-is-good, Trump-influenced wannabes. The country's got real problems, and they won't be solved by table-pounding pop-culture celebrities who want to emote populist rage on Hannity. Maybe that schtick can win you a primary, and if you're in a sufficiently Republican-leaning district or state, you'll be okay. But the country is full of purple and light-blue states that the GOP needs to win if they want to steer the ship of state.

Bravo. Exactly right.

Let's see those words turn into action.
Werewolf
metcalfmafia said:

Werewolf said:

jadawson said:

metcalfmafia said:

That must be a bunch! :-)

Why would they leave California then to an anti-abortion state? He$$, California might soon allow the doctor to slay the child right in the delivery room.
#Devolution #Expand Your Thinking #Eye of The Storm #TheGreatAwakening
jadawson
metcalfmafia said:

Werewolf said:

jadawson said:

metcalfmafia said:

I don't know how abortion plays into it, but historically people that move to Texas from other states vote conservative. They are moving to Texas because of the policies, not to try to flip it blue
metcalfmafia
jadawson said:

metcalfmafia said:

Werewolf said:

jadawson said:

metcalfmafia said:

I don't know how abortion plays into it, but historically people that move to Texas from other states vote conservative. They are moving to Texas because of the policies, not to try to flip it blue
I don't have data so I can be corrected here, but I highly doubt the influx of Californians moving to Austin are voting conservative.
packgrad
jadawson said:

packgrad said:

Civilized said:

packgrad said:

wolf howl said:

Civilized said:

packgrad said:

Civilized said:

packgrad said:

Civilized said:

cowboypack02 said:

Civilized said:

High Travoltage said:

I don't follow.

Of course you don't.

Oz got beat by that guy.

Why?

What does that tell you?

Why?

What does that tell you?

Ahh. So a mentally deficient person is better because he has a D beside his name, but let's pretend it's about how long he lived in PA. Thank you for making my point about party over country.
jkpackfan
jadawson said:

metcalfmafia said:

Add in Charlie Crist lol
jkpackfan

This is scary but not surprising
caryking
Civilized said:

PackFansXL said:

Quote:

Bravo. Exactly right.

Let's see those words turn into action.

What action, exactly?

Joe Biden
jadawson
metcalfmafia said:

jadawson said:

metcalfmafia said:

Werewolf said:

jadawson said:

metcalfmafia said:

I don't have data so I can be corrected here, but I highly doubt the influx of Californians moving to Austin are voting conservative.

https://www.texaspolicy.com/new-poll-finds-all-those-people-moving-to-texas-arent-going-to-be-voting-for-democrats/

Based on all the data I see it's been true for years. In 2018 California expats voted far more for Cruz over o'rourke than native Texans did

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.