2022 mid term elections

80,252 Views | 1133 Replies | Last: 17 days ago by Werewolf
hokiewolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
packgrad said:

A person so blinded by TDS he can't acknowledge the potential for fraud in mail in ballots talking about "lack of self-recognition" is absolute gold.
I think the best way to combat the perception of fraud is to encourage more early and mail in voting by republicans. Take the incentive away for fraud!
packgrad
hokiewolf said:

packgrad said:

A person so blinded by TDS he can't acknowledge the potential for fraud in mail in ballots talking about "lack of self-recognition" is absolute gold.
I think the best way to combat the perception of fraud is to encourage more early and mail in voting by republicans. Take the incentive away for fraud!

I don't have a problem with reasonable early voting. I'm discussing mail in voting. Not sure why you guys keep trying to lump that in.
hokiewolf
packgrad said:

hokiewolf said:

packgrad said:

I don't have a problem with reasonable early voting. I'm discussing mail in voting. Not sure why you guys keep trying to lump that in.
my apologies packgrad, I messed that up, yes I meant mail in voting.
PackFansXL
Our Mail-In Mess

Quote:

Both Arizona and Nevada have switched to largely all mail-in voting. Not only does this slow down the vote count, but it also raises genuine security concerns. In Las Vegas, which has 60 percent of Nevada's population, there is a potential for mischief when ballots are automatically mailed to voters who have not requested them (and who may not even live at the address where they were mailed).

Mail-in voting has turned Election Day into Election Month, and an increase in cynicism about elections has accompanied its rise. This cynicism only deepens our partisan animosity.
Quote:

This week, Victor Joecks, a columnist for the Las Vegas Review-Journal, reported,
Quote:

With that many ballots floating around, there are obvious security concerns it's much easier to get ahold of someone else's ballot. . . . Election officials, however, claim there is no need to worry. They have asserted signature verification helps prevent someone from successfully casting a ballot that doesn't belong to them.

As I did two years ago, I tested that theory this election. I had 11 people send me a picture of their ballot envelope. I then wrote their name in my handwriting. Each voter than copied my version of their signature onto their ballot return envelope. They sent me a picture to ensure it wasn't their normal handwriting. This simulated signing someone else's ballot.
It's also legal because each voter signed his or her own ballot.

If signature verification worked, all 11 of those ballots should have been set aside for mismatched signatures. Instead, six were accepted. That's a greater than 50 percent chance of being accepted. When I did this experiment in 2020 with nine voters, eight had their ballots accepted. That was an almost 90 percent acceptance rate.
Joecks said that in the crush of ballots, the reaction of Nevada officials was to lower standards for acceptance. Any rejected signature must have "multiple, significant and obvious" differences. Two officials have to decide it's not a match.

Joecks added that his experience is "not a defense of Donald Trump's latest social media mumblings" about unproven election fraud. But he is strongly urging Nevada to close loopholes It could, for instance, emulate Georgia's rules for handling mail-in ballots, according to which each ballot must have a unique identifier, such as the last four digits of a driver's-license number. Georgia enacted election reforms in 2021 and had a smooth and much-praised election process this year.

Another wrinkle in Nevada is that now-defeated Democratic governor Steve Sisolak and a liberal legislature permanently continued the state's emergency Covid changes in election law, even after the pandemic receded in 2021.

Secretary of State Barbara Cegavske, a Republican, strongly objected to the new Covid rules. She said the mail-in ballot bill was "rushed through with essentially no public feedback" and that her staff "was only told what could be in the bill a day before it was introduced and heard in both houses." Given the huge significance of election outcomes, it's only reasonable to allow key stakeholders at least 24 hours to read the bill.

She begged Sisolak to add regulations on ballot harvesting that would have required anyone who collects and turns in ballots for more than ten other voters to register with her office and provide personal information.

Sisolak vigorously rejected her request, accusing her of attempting to "politicize" the process. He said her concerns echo "the voter-suppression rhetoric being heard on the national stage."
I noticed the newly defeated governor of Nevada claimed the Republican was politicizing the process after the Democrat of course abused the system to permanently enforce covid voting standards. It seems to be part of the playbook for Democrats to force some loose, easily duped procedure, on voting and then claim Republicans are trying to suppress voters. If it wasn't so important, it would be funny to just sit back and laugh at all the partisan shenanigans that are passionately embraced by the Democratic party.

Read the entire article and let me know if you still have confidence in the process.
caryking
Listening to the Megyn Kelley podcast, with Victor Davis Hanson. They talked a lot about Desantis and Trump. Hanson says Trumps recent behavior is destructive and could change, if he takes a different tact.

He thinks Trump should acknowledge the successes Desantis has made while being governor; and, should bring up the real reason he's not ready and qualified (right now, I agree with this):

Big money Republicans are lining up to support Desantis and move the party in a different direction. Once the money gets in the game, they will own him. Remember Trump telling Rand Paul in a debate… Trump told Paul that Paul would do anything he wanted, because Paul came to Trump for money. The pay to play world is so real in our politics.

Again, I'm not happy about the recent comments, by Trump; however, you get what you get with him. I definitely will not be happy if we end up with a bought and paid for candidate.
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
Werewolf
caryking said:

Listening to the Megyn Kelley podcast, with Victor Davis Hanson. They talked a lot about Desantis and Trump. Hanson says Trumps recent behavior is destructive and could change, if he takes a different tact.

He thinks Trump should acknowledge the successes Desantis has made while being governor; and, should bring up the real reason he's not ready and qualified (right now, I agree with this):

Big money Republicans are lining up to support Desantis and move the party in a different direction. Once the money gets in the game, they will own him. Remember Trump telling Rand Paul in a debate… Trump told Paul that Paul would do anything he wanted, because Paul came to Trump for money. The pay to play world is so real in our politics.

Again, I'm not happy about the recent comments, by Trump; however, you get what you get with him. I definitely will not be happy if we end up with a bought and paid for candidate.
agreed
#Devolution #Expand Your Thinking #Eye of The Storm #TheGreatAwakening
Civilized
caryking said:

Why didn't big money Republicans own Trump?
jkpackfan
caryking said:

Maybe but the bought and paid for candidate would be much better than anything the extreme left run including the absolute joke we have now.
Packchem91
caryking said:

Well if you get the guy you want (Trump), you'll get the guy none of us want -- Biden. America is not going to vote for Trump. Maybe in some primaries but not the national election. If that is not overly clear to people now, then they are not looking. Or dumb....and we know both parties have plenty of dumb voters who will jump at the message than appeals to them, whether it is reasonable or not.
Werewolf
Packchem91
PackFansXL said:

Our Mail-In Mess

Quote:

Both Arizona and Nevada have switched to largely all mail-in voting. Not only does this slow down the vote count, but it also raises genuine security concerns. In Las Vegas, which has 60 percent of Nevada's population, there is a potential for mischief when ballots are automatically mailed to voters who have not requested them (and who may not even live at the address where they were mailed).

Mail-in voting has turned Election Day into Election Month, and an increase in cynicism about elections has accompanied its rise. This cynicism only deepens our partisan animosity.
Quote:

This week, Victor Joecks, a columnist for the Las Vegas Review-Journal, reported,
Quote:

With that many ballots floating around, there are obvious security concerns it's much easier to get ahold of someone else's ballot. . . . Election officials, however, claim there is no need to worry. They have asserted signature verification helps prevent someone from successfully casting a ballot that doesn't belong to them.

As I did two years ago, I tested that theory this election. I had 11 people send me a picture of their ballot envelope. I then wrote their name in my handwriting. Each voter than copied my version of their signature onto their ballot return envelope. They sent me a picture to ensure it wasn't their normal handwriting. This simulated signing someone else's ballot.

If signature verification worked, all 11 of those ballots should have been set aside for mismatched signatures. Instead, six were accepted. That's a greater than 50 percent chance of being accepted. When I did this experiment in 2020 with nine voters, eight had their ballots accepted. That was an almost 90 percent acceptance rate.
Joecks said that in the crush of ballots, the reaction of Nevada officials was to lower standards for acceptance. Any rejected signature must have "multiple, significant and obvious" differences. Two officials have to decide it's not a match.

Joecks added that his experience is "not a defense of Donald Trump's latest social media mumblings" about unproven election fraud. But he is strongly urging Nevada to close loopholes It could, for instance, emulate Georgia's rules for handling mail-in ballots, according to which each ballot must have a unique identifier, such as the last four digits of a driver's-license number. Georgia enacted election reforms in 2021 and had a smooth and much-praised election process this year.

Another wrinkle in Nevada is that now-defeated Democratic governor Steve Sisolak and a liberal legislature permanently continued the state's emergency Covid changes in election law, even after the pandemic receded in 2021.

Secretary of State Barbara Cegavske, a Republican, strongly objected to the new Covid rules. She said the mail-in ballot bill was "rushed through with essentially no public feedback" and that her staff "was only told what could be in the bill a day before it was introduced and heard in both houses." Given the huge significance of election outcomes, it's only reasonable to allow key stakeholders at least 24 hours to read the bill.

She begged Sisolak to add regulations on ballot harvesting that would have required anyone who collects and turns in ballots for more than ten other voters to register with her office and provide personal information.

Sisolak vigorously rejected her request, accusing her of attempting to "politicize" the process. He said her concerns echo "the voter-suppression rhetoric being heard on the national stage."
I noticed the newly defeated governor of Nevada claimed the Republican was politicizing the process after the Democrat of course abused the system to permanently enforce covid voting standards. It seems to be part of the playbook for Democrats to force some loose, easily duped procedure, on voting and then claim Republicans are trying to suppress voters. If it wasn't so important, it would be funny to just sit back and laugh at all the partisan shenanigans that are passionately embraced by the Democratic party.

Read the entire article and let me know if you still have confidence in the process.
I'm all for looking for enhancements to preventing mail-in-vote fraud -- though I don't think there has been any real evidence of fraud, yet, right? Just concerns about potential?

But here's one thing I think this election also showed.....people don't like being told they were involved in fraud. GOP has made it a point over the past 2 years to focus much of its message on voter fraud. I don't think that resonates. To the contrary, I think it makes people who invested energy into exercising their most special privilege angry at the ones who are accusing them (in general) of having been part of a fraud.

I hope the GOP finds a new voice and message this next cycle. Jeez, Biden gave them plenty....but with Trump's platform remaining such a big part, much of the message got wrapped around this, and I think, hurt the performance.
Marco
Could 1 of you MAGA maniacs tell Keri Lakes not to quit her day job!!Arizonans don't won't her as their Governor!!Maybe if she had a lil compassion for a elder man getting attacked she mite of stood a chance!!They say God don't like ugly!!
jkpackfan
Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

Well if you get the guy you want (Trump), you'll get the guy none of us want -- Biden. America is not going to vote for Trump. Maybe in some primaries but not the national election. If that is not overly clear to people now, then they are not looking. Or dumb....and we know both parties have plenty of dumb voters who will jump at the message than appeals to them, whether it is reasonable or not.
Yeah there's a big % of the population that will never vote for Trump no matter what. Hell 2 of my buddies who could be considered right wingers to some can't stand him and will vote 3rd party if he's the choice. I just don't see him winning.
Marco
How ya like tha Blue wall that was supposed of had been a RED WAVE!!For all gaffes ole "sleeply" Joe makes when he talks,there was one word he said loud and clear,DEMOCRACY!!Y'all do know what that mean,don't you?Good luck next time with better candidates!!
PackFansXL
Packchem91 said:

PackFansXL said:

Our Mail-In Mess

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I'm all for looking for enhancements to preventing mail-in-vote fraud -- though I don't think there has been any real evidence of fraud, yet, right? Just concerns about potential?

But here's one thing I think this election also showed.....people don't like being told they were involved in fraud. GOP has made it a point over the past 2 years to focus much of its message on voter fraud. I don't think that resonates. To the contrary, I think it makes people who invested energy into exercising their most special privilege angry at the ones who are accusing them (in general) of having been part of a fraud.

I hope the GOP finds a new voice and message this next cycle. Jeez, Biden gave them plenty....but with Trump's platform remaining such a big part, much of the message got wrapped around this, and I think, hurt the performance.
Just potential?

Your middle paragraph is just bizzaro world. You think people who don't usually vote for one party over another somehow set aside the longest midterm list of grievances in my lifetime to vote against folks who wanted to rescue them because they were offended by accusations of voter fraud? Really?!

I expected a victory lap from the parody posters and the hard core libs, but not from independents who have just as much to lose as the rest of us. What a long strange year this has been!
caryking
Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

Chem, I think you are just dumb, in general…

Joe Biden
PackFansXL
cary, you know that is not helpful.

CNN viewers are misinformed but that does not mean they are dumb.
caryking
PackFansXL said:

You're right…. chem, I'm sorry I said you were dumb. I should have said you are misinformed, in general.

Joe Biden
caryking
For all the Republican folks here. Who do you want (assuming we win) as speaker of house?

Joe Biden
PackFansXL
caryking said:

For all the Republican folks here. Who do you want (assuming we win) as speaker of house?
Tom Emmer Does Not Deserve to Be GOP Whip

Quote:

On Wednesday, mere hours after Election Day, Emmer officially launched his bid for House GOP whip, the third-highest-ranking leadership position in a potential Republican majority. He is widely considered to be one of the three front-runners alongside Drew Ferguson (R., Ga.) and Jim Banks (R., Ind.) in what has long been viewed as the most high-profile of the genuinely competitive leadership races in the caucus. (Despite the GOP's poor showing in the midterms, Kevin McCarthy and Steve Scalise are still considered the likely picks for the top two spots House speaker and majority leader, respectively.)
PackFansXL
https://www.nationalreview.com/news/democrats-media-allies-prepare-to-prop-up-trump-after-midterm-drubbing/

Quote:

Of course, DeSantis's supplanting of Trump would present a problem for Democrats. With no boogeyman to deplore, they'd have to defend their own records.

For some of the most shameless members of the press, the options before them are clear: They can either create a new boogeyman, or do what they can to ensure that the old one remains at centerstage.

Some had begun to lay the groundwork prior to last Tuesday. In a profile of DeSantis, New York magazine's Jonathan Chait asked his readers to "imagine what a Trumpified party no longer led by an erratic, deeply unpopular cable-news binge-watcher would be capable of." New York Times' columnist Jamelle Bouie got ahead of the curve in August when he concluded that the immensely popular Florida governor was "meaner and more rigid" than Trump, who mocked Heidi Cruz's appearance and implied that Carly Fiorina was not attractive enough to be president. But his lead has been followed by plenty of others.

Joe Walsh, the congressman-turned-pundit who promised to grab his "musket" if Trump lost to Hillary Clinton in 2016, has been among the most fervent of DeSantis's critics, arguing that the Florida governor has "ZERO charisma," and is "weird with people," as well as "cruel," "driven by an authoritarian impulse," and "super easily offended."

"I think we would all like Donald Trump to run again," said McAuliffe before crediting Trump with having "literally helped hand us the great victories we had this week."

Democrats and their allies in the media may well survey the results of the midterms and conclude that it is in their best interest to work toward securing Trump the GOP's nomination in 2024 some already have. After all, boosting Doug Mastriano, Don Bolduc, and Kari Lake appears to have led to three victories for Team Blue.
caryking
PackFansXL said:

caryking said:

Tom Emmer Does Not Deserve to Be GOP Whip

Quote:

On Wednesday, mere hours after Election Day, Emmer officially launched his bid for House GOP whip, the third-highest-ranking leadership position in a potential Republican majority. He is widely considered to be one of the three front-runners alongside Drew Ferguson (R., Ga.) and Jim Banks (R., Ind.) in what has long been viewed as the most high-profile of the genuinely competitive leadership races in the caucus. (Despite the GOP's poor showing in the midterms, Kevin McCarthy and Steve Scalise are still considered the likely picks for the top two spots House speaker and majority leader, respectively.)

Between McCarthy and Scalise, I'm all in on Scalise…. Would still prefer someone like Jim Jordan.

Joe Biden
Packchem91
PackFansXL said:

Packchem91 said:

PackFansXL said:

Our Mail-In Mess

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Just potential?

Your middle paragraph is just bizzaro world. You think people who don't usually vote for one party over another somehow set aside the longest midterm list of grievances in my lifetime to vote against folks who wanted to rescue them because they were offended by accusations of voter fraud? Really?!

I expected a victory lap from the parody posters and the hard core libs, but not from independents who have just as much to lose as the rest of us. What a long strange year this has been!

Victory lap? Get over yourself. I'm angry and you should be too. People allowed Trump to hang around and keep the focus on himself and the end result was we get a more powerful worst president.
As for the voters if you don't think the Dems played up "they are going to take your votes, just listen to what they are doing", then maybe you should start looking at news sources other than a purposefully biased one?

If you tell people someone is going to take your votes long enough, and the GOO stokes those fears by saying fraud fraud, we're gonna stop the fraud, them folks are going to vote against them.
Packchem91
caryking said:

Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

Chem, I think you are just dumb, in general…

And I think you know what I think you are.
BBW12OG
Packchem91 said:

PackFansXL said:

Packchem91 said:

PackFansXL said:

Our Mail-In Mess

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Just potential?

Victory lap? Get over yourself. I'm angry and you should be too. People allowed Trump to hang around and keep the focus on himself and the end result was we get a more powerful worst president.
As for the voters if you don't think the Dems played up "they are going to take your votes, just listen to what they are doing", then maybe you should start looking at news sources other than a purposefully biased one?

If you tell people someone is going to take your votes long enough, and the GOO stokes those fears by saying fraud fraud, we're gonna stop the fraud, them folks are going to vote against them.
Funny how how the board MARXISTS crawled out of the bunker post election day... wonder why?

Chem - you Civ and Hokie damn sure deserve each other.... And I'll leave it at that.
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
- Thomas Jefferson
Packchem91
caryking said:

PackFansXL said:

You're right…. chem, I'm sorry I said you were dumb. I should have said you are misinformed, in general.

Lol, says the guys who's right wing sauces said the last election was going to be tuned over. You do realize that is the dictionary definition of "misinformed", right?
caryking
Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

PackFansXL said:

Lol, says the guys who's right wing sauces said the last election was going to be tuned over. You do realize that is the dictionary definition of "misinformed", right?
Chem, I'm looking all around for some right "wing sauce". I'll bet its good on some nicely fried wings…

I'll go back to my earlier comment… Dumb!!

Joe Biden
Packchem91
caryking said:

Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

PackFansXL said:

Chem, I'm looking all around for some right "wing sauce". I'll bet its good on some nicely fried wings…

Maybe, but I'm not the one who said this on 7/31/21: "BTW, he won the election by a landslide. History will prove that statement to be correct! "

That's 8 months after the election and you were still promoting this fallacy from your "sauces". Lol, but I'm the dumb one
BBW12OG
Yes... and you are not alone.
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
- Thomas Jefferson
PackFansXL
Packchem91 said:

PackFansXL said:

Packchem91 said:

PackFansXL said:

Our Mail-In Mess

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Just potential?

You're doing a great job of making my original point about this election. Left wing media bias fooled the majority of Americans, including those who perceived themselves as well informed independents. "Purposefully biased " is the perfect description for mainstream media, my friend. THAT'S the point and purpose for what they're doing. Ignore Democrats shortcomings and amplify the smallest Republican issues to keep the momentum slipping left.

Biden promised the nation that Republicans were suppressing the vote in GA to the tune of Jim Crow levels. Far too many people fell for that lie and many many more uttered by Democrats with full support of most national media outlets. BTW, GA broke all records for voter turnout with those new rules.
Werewolf

Packchem91
PackFansXL said:

Packchem91 said:

PackFansXL said:

Packchem91 said:

PackFansXL said:

Our Mail-In Mess

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Just potential?

You're doing a great job of making my original point about this election. Left wing media bias fooled the majority of Americans, including those who perceived themselves as well informed independents. "Purposefully biased " is the perfect description for mainstream media, my friend. THAT'S the point and purpose for what they're doing. Ignore Democrats shortcomings and amplify the smallest Republican issues to keep the momentum slipping left.

Biden promised the nation that Republicans were suppressing the vote in GA to the tune of Jim Crow levels. Far too many people fell for that lie and many many more uttered by Democrats with full support of most national media outlets. BTW, GA broke all records for voter turnout with those new rules.
And the GOP candidates played right into that storyline. How many of the SOS and other candidates who were election deniers lost? Pretty much all, right? So its your point that this is the media's fault?
Not the people, like Cary, who have insisted that Trump got cheated and won in a landslide and who still suggests you should only be able to vote on a single day (because otherwise you are probably cheating), p'ing off voters across the land?

So were those deniers right? Or wrong?
And do you think people like Trump focusing on that aspect with the majority of their energy -- making it a part of their campaigns helped, or hurt them?
I think we would have been headed to a low-turnout election for Dems...but for two events.
1) Roe v Wade -- women didn't want to leave such things up to a bunch of men who would say something like "its really not asking too much for a raped woman to just see the pregnancy thru"

2) Anti-Trump....fueled by Jan 6 and ongoing, sustained attack on voting integrity despite the fact nothing sinister was found.

caryking
Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

PackFansXL said:

Maybe, but I'm not the one who said this on 7/31/21: "BTW, he won the election by a landslide. History will prove that statement to be correct! "

That's 8 months after the election and you were still promoting this fallacy from your "sauces". Lol, but I'm the dumb one
Chem, hey, the information I was reading believed the election was stolen the day after. No evidence was shown for them to change their minds on 7/31/21, either. Now go and find the number of post, where I also said something like: I don't know whether or not the election was stolen; however, the evidence certainly shows something interesting.

The point I've been consistent in (regardless of the times I said what you quoted) is that no one knows for sure and I believe we have enough evidence for a real investigation. That is "My Opinion" and I will never back away from it. Call me dumb, I guess…

I'm with the others, on here, arguing for a much simpler process in our voting. Too many other countries have gone away from all these mail in voting options for the exact reason I have "My Opinion". Fraud!!

If you don't think "power" is a God like figure for many, in this country, then you live in a Pollyanna like world. I embraced that mindset and I'm no longer part of the Republican Cult. No, I'm not part of a cult of personality either. I believe in a TRUE conservative ideology. Some may call us MAGA. BTW, Ron DeSantis is MAGA as well. You voting for him or his ideals?

Senator Hawley, last night, said he wouldn't support the old Republican Party leaders anymore. The party has to get away from the Wall Street influence and start being the party for the common person. If you really look at what Wall Street has done to decimate the lives of too many towns, gotten filthy rich, and people all over this country now rely more on government. It's not a healthy place we are in.

So, Chem, who and what do you stand for?

Joe Biden
TheStorm
caryking said:

He thinks Trump should acknowledge the successes Desantis has made while being governor; and, should bring up the real reason he's not ready and qualified
Best thing that Trump can do for himself is to leave the word "DeSantis" out of his mouth... if he doesn't, then he just screws all of us.

I would vote for Trump again if he were the nominee, but if he says anything else about DeSantis whatsoever, then I am done with him. Completely.
packgrad
Did that message board guy seriously bring up a post from 7/31/21? Godalmighty that dude has no life. Lol!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.