2022 mid term elections

79,873 Views | 1133 Replies | Last: 11 days ago by Werewolf
Gulfstream4
How long do you want to ignore this user?
hokiewolf said:

PackFansXL said:

High Travoltage said:

The more voting tech the longer it takes to count the votes. Weird.
The upgrades they made in Florida after the hanging chad incident have produced quick clean answers. We will know the margin of victory for DeSantis shortly after the polls close. It can be done.
correct, the length it takes to count votes in some state points to inefficiency and bad procedure rather than trying to rig an election.

LOL
packofwolves
Just saw an interview with Kari Lake. Apparently there are long lines and they are having to post alternate places to vote with shorter lines.

Someone in Arizona needs to be held accountable for this cluster. A 20% failure rate is unacceptable. And optics wise, it doesn't help with views on election integrity.
Werewolf
https://republicbrief.com/here-we-go-again-another-late-night-dump-in-detroit-could-be-imminent/

Late might drops in Detroit Mi
#Devolution #Expand Your Thinking #Eye of The Storm #TheGreatAwakening
Werewolf
Az establishment of corruption and criminals
Werewolf
Gulfstream4 said:

hokiewolf said:

PackFansXL said:

High Travoltage said:

The upgrades they made in Florida after the hanging chad incident have produced quick clean answers. We will know the margin of victory for DeSantis shortly after the polls close. It can be done.
correct, the length it takes to count votes in some state points to inefficiency and bad procedure rather than trying to rig an election.

LOL

Priceless .....a gem
TheStorm
Gulfstream4 said:

hokiewolf said:

PackFansXL said:

High Travoltage said:

LOL
Yeah, I don't get as entertained about picking on hokie as some of the rest of you here do, but he's just trying way too hard here with this post... starting to sound like Civ on gas prices and inflation having nothing to do with the immediate policy changes once Biden took office.
metcalfmafia
packgrad said:

metcalfmafia said:

So Trump is going to announce he is running in 2024 on the 15th?

Irrelevant to the midterms. Please start a thread for that if that's what you want to discuss.
Sorry. Was just finding a thread. Started a new one.
hokiewolf
TheStorm said:

Gulfstream4 said:

hokiewolf said:

PackFansXL said:

High Travoltage said:

LOL
Yeah, I don't get as entertained about picking on hokie as some of the rest of you here do, but he's just trying way too hard here with this post... starting to sound like Civ on gas prices and inflation having nothing to do with the immediate policy changes once Biden took office.
Show me the evidence of a concerted effort to defraud voters and I will happily change my tune. Until then, I believe in the ineptitude of government causes 99.9% of the election issues and .1% is due to corruption.
caryking
hokiewolf said:

TheStorm said:

Gulfstream4 said:

hokiewolf said:

PackFansXL said:

High Travoltage said:

LOL
Show me the evidence of a concerted effort to defraud voters and I will happily change my tune. Until then, I believe in the ineptitude of government causes 99.9% of the election issues and .1% is due to corruption.
.1% is still a lot or people.
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
BBW12OG
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
- Thomas Jefferson
BBW12OG
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
- Thomas Jefferson
hokiewolf
I don't understand this perfection standard that is not achievable by something that is controlled by fallible humans. The fact that some look within the .1% as proof of this vast conspiracy of voter fraud and make it a bigger representation than it is what's wrong with this modern nationalist Republican movement.
BBW12OG
Beats the hell out of MARXISM.

Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

- Thomas Jefferson
TheStorm
hokiewolf said:

TheStorm said:

Gulfstream4 said:

hokiewolf said:

PackFansXL said:

High Travoltage said:

LOL
Damn. C'mon hokie... why does it only happen in the most convenient of locations... and more importantly, why does that fact seem to bother you so much.

You have always claimed that you are balanced on everything. Why throw up the walls immediately and so quickly here and now with issues out of only two areas right now?
mrcpack17
It took 10 days to call NC in 2020. A week to call Alaska. Why aren't y'alls panties in a wad about those 2 states?
BBW12OG
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

- Thomas Jefferson
BBW12OG
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

- Thomas Jefferson
hokiewolf
Because believing that .1% is the problem that needs to be fixed and not the 99.9% is the problem with populism. Sowing distrust because of a perception and not a fact is dangerous.

Are there issues with how we run elections? Absolutely. They are terribly inefficient at vote counting, the rules have not been updated effectively in all states, and it's been shown in the 2020 election that in some states, money can be spent to enhance turnout that favors a particular party. Is that moral? No, is it illegal? Not until the states take up those issues and fixes them Does that mean there is widespread election fraud and cheating? Absolutely not.

I just don't agree with sullying and tearing apart American Institutions and Ideals because my party lost an election. That goes for both democrats and republicans by the way.
caryking
mrcpack17 said:

It took 10 days to call NC in 2020. A week to call Alaska. Why aren't y'alls panties in a wad about those 2 states?
I think we had a close outcome and one of the candidates called for a re-count. Wasn't that for the Supreme Court seat (Chief Justice, I think)…

Damned if she isn't running for Senate this time, right?

I could be misremembering.

Joe Biden
caryking
hokiewolf said:

Because believing that .1% is the problem that needs to be fixed and not the 99.9% is the problem with populism. Sowing distrust because of a perception and not a fact is dangerous.

Are there issues with how we run elections? Absolutely. They are terribly inefficient at vote counting, the rules have not been updated effectively in all states, and it's been shown in the 2020 election that in some states, money can be spent to enhance turnout that favors a particular party. Is that moral? No, is it illegal? Not until the states take up those issues and fixes them Does that mean there is widespread election fraud and cheating? Absolutely not.

I just don't agree with sullying and tearing apart American Institutions and Ideals because my party lost an election. That goes for both democrats and republicans by the way.
Hokie, all it takes is for one to throw a game. Didn't we get accused of that some years ago? Didn't UNC get accused of that some years ago?

Joe Biden
BBW12OG
Perception is reality..... FACT.

When 1/2 of America sees things one way and the other half consistently proves the perception correct you don't have to be a damn genius to see what is going on.
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

- Thomas Jefferson
jadawson
BBW12OG said:

doesnt this just further credit the point that this is down to incompetence of officials rather than systematic fraud? Mercer County is heavily blue.
caryking
jadawson said:

BBW12OG said:

doesnt this just further credit the point that this is down to incompetence of officials rather than systematic fraud? Mercer County is heavily blue.
Yes, that's possible!

Joe Biden
TheStorm
mrcpack17 said:

King Roy and Queen Cherie gave the DNC up to 17 days if they needed it... but they figured it out somewhere else first. We were 100% on standby if needed.
BBW12OG
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

- Thomas Jefferson
BBW12OG
jadawson said:

BBW12OG said:

And that is one of the "target counties" that possibly could shade red......

So look at the trend... it was trending red.....

Doesn't matter if it stays blue.. but if the percentages lean red and the blue team loses votes it matters.
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

- Thomas Jefferson
jadawson
BBW12OG said:

jadawson said:

BBW12OG said:

And that is one of the "target counties" that possibly could shade red......

So look at the trend... it was trending red.....

Doesn't matter if it stays blue.. but if the percentages lean red and the blue team loses votes it matters.

Mercer County is split into two districts. Most of the population is in the historically heavily blue 12th district. About 25% is in the Historically heavily red 4th districts. I'm trying to find some polling or data analyzing either race and not finding anything current. Most sites dont view either race as competitive enough to discuss.
caryking
Come on guys…. These companies have had two years to insure voter confidence. Why are we having this many issues? I'm not even suggesting fraud (as no one is saying it, yet); however, this is truly ridiculous!

Joe Biden
Gulfstream4
TheStorm said:

Gulfstream4 said:

hokiewolf said:

PackFansXL said:

High Travoltage said:

LOL

He's serious? I thought he was trying to be funny.
packofwolves
mrcpack17 said:

That's unacceptable too.

Why shouldn't people be held accountable for a poorly run election? They had two years to address issues. In Arizona specifically, it's a 20% failure rate and affects multiple locations. 20% is not a small issue.

In PA, a judge in a county ordered voting to stay open until 10 PM because they ran out of paper ballots.

And a possible cyber attack disrupting some voting in Illinois.

Citizens pay their salaries. The should be held accountable.
caryking
packofwolves said:

mrcpack17 said:

That's unacceptable too.

Why shouldn't people be held accountable for a poorly run election? They had two years to address issues. In Arizona specifically, it's a 20% failure rate and affects multiple locations. 20% is not a small issue.

In PA, a judge in a county ordered voting to stay open until 10 PM because they ran out of paper ballots.

And a possible cyber attack disrupting some voting in Illinois.

Citizens pay their salaries. The should be held accountable.
If this is incompetence, as Hokie suggests, then what the Hell should be done. You know, some of these people, are elected officials.

Joe Biden
wolf howl
hokiewolf said:

You arbitrarily pulled .1% out of the air. There's 20% issue in Maricopa County Arizona right now. I think we can all agree that's a battle ground county and I called it weeks ago they'd have issues, in this thread.

Why do the exact same counties that literally decide the election one way or the other ALWAYS have the same issue? Either there's gross incompetence or whomever is deciding who they want to win is manipulating a small handful of places. Cities with MUCH larger population do not have these issues if they are going either red or blue and it's not going to be close. Weird huh?
jadawson
wolf howl said:

hokiewolf said:

You arbitrarily pulled .1% out of the air. There's 20% issue in Maricopa County Arizona right now. I think we can all agree that's a battle ground county and I called it weeks ago they'd have issues, in this thread.

Why do the exact same counties that literally decide the election one way or the other ALWAYS have the same issue? Either there's gross incompetence or whomever is deciding who they want to win is manipulating a small handful of places. Cities with MUCH larger population do not have these issues if they are going either red or blue and it's not going to be close. Weird huh?
I mean the implication in these threads is that its the democrats doing the manipulating. How exactly do they pull it off in Maricopa county? The governer who passed new election laws in 2021 is Republican. 4 of the 5 members of the Maricopa County board of governors are republicans. The Arizona State house and senate both lean Republican.

The two men in this link explaining the issue are both elected republicans

On top of that, people are still voting, the ballots just aren't being tabulated right now. The paper ballot is being dropped in secure boxes instead of going through the scanner. Which is what most Arizona counties do in the first place.

If the democrats are cheating in Maricopa County, how are they doing it in a county run by republicans, with voting rules set up by republicans, and having the issues explained away as nothing to worry about by elected Republicans?

If you want to say its incompetence i'm perfectly fine with that. Lord knows elected politicians know how to be incompetent.
Marco
Packgrad,Now you know everybody is allowed to speak on Conald but me!!!!!
Marco
Let the b..... begin!!All over power!!!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.