2022 mid term elections

80,365 Views | 1133 Replies | Last: 19 days ago by Werewolf
jkpackfan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Packchem91 said:

jkpackfan said:

Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

Werewolf said:

What a sham?

We have "Late-Early Drop Offs". My trust in any election has wavered into the "Give me a break" category. That includes the ones that meet my favored results…. I just don't think we even know anymore…

Meh, they have GOP and DEM observers in the Maricopa county counting room. I'm sure they're all on edge looking for a many sign of an issue. At some point, we have to accept that Trump's backers aren't going to win general elections unless special circumstances (like throwing $30mm into last weeks of OH).

At some point, Arizona needs to get it's **** together. Should never take this long to get the results, the longer it goes the more ppl are gonna question things. I know this is what you dems like, but all these mail in votes need to stop unless there are folks that can't physically get to the poles. Election Day should be Election Day.

Lol, see, this is where we are…I suggest there are plenty of controls with observers in the room, but I'm a "you democrat". I just voted straight GOP on my ballot.
If I was told the counting rooms were restricted, I'd be concerned. But instead of wrongly blowing it off as my being partisan, so you think the GOP observers have just missed it?

I think the counting should be done quicker too. with all the focus on voting, states should have invested millions to make sure systems are efficient like FL has. But that doesn't make the counting wrong.

My apologies I had you confused with another poster lol, I'll gladly admit when I'm wrong.
Werewolf
How to Tsurvive a Tsunami - by Harvey Oxenhorn (substack.com)
#Devolution #Expand Your Thinking #Eye of The Storm #TheGreatAwakening
Packchem91
jkpackfan said:

Packchem91 said:

jkpackfan said:

Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

Werewolf said:

What a sham?

We have "Late-Early Drop Offs". My trust in any election has wavered into the "Give me a break" category. That includes the ones that meet my favored results…. I just don't think we even know anymore…

Meh, they have GOP and DEM observers in the Maricopa county counting room. I'm sure they're all on edge looking for a many sign of an issue. At some point, we have to accept that Trump's backers aren't going to win general elections unless special circumstances (like throwing $30mm into last weeks of OH).

At some point, Arizona needs to get it's **** together. Should never take this long to get the results, the longer it goes the more ppl are gonna question things. I know this is what you dems like, but all these mail in votes need to stop unless there are folks that can't physically get to the poles. Election Day should be Election Day.

Lol, see, this is where we are…I suggest there are plenty of controls with observers in the room, but I'm a "you democrat". I just voted straight GOP on my ballot.
If I was told the counting rooms were restricted, I'd be concerned. But instead of wrongly blowing it off as my being partisan, so you think the GOP observers have just missed it?

I think the counting should be done quicker too. with all the focus on voting, states should have invested millions to make sure systems are efficient like FL has. But that doesn't make the counting wrong.

My apologies I had you confused with another poster lol, I'll gladly admit when I'm wrong.

Good deal.

The GOP has spent too much of the last two years trying to prove election fraud driven by a guy who coil care less about the well being of the party. Only himself. And yet we had enough butt kissers of his who bent the knee to him and he hand selected a group of like minded angry people to be candidates .
And the result was the GOP p'd away a chance to take advantage of the worst president we've ever seen.

This election cycle was not lost due to counting votes…it wa lost due to terrible candidates and the Trump effect
jkpackfan
Packchem91 said:

jkpackfan said:

Packchem91 said:

jkpackfan said:

Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

Werewolf said:

What a sham?

Good deal.

The GOP has spent too much of the last two years trying to prove election fraud driven by a guy who coil care less about the well being of the party. Only himself. And yet we had enough butt kissers of his who bent the knee to him and he hand selected a group of like minded angry people to be candidates .
And the result was the GOP p'd away a chance to take advantage of the worst president we've ever seen.

This election cycle was not lost due to counting votes…it wa lost due to terrible candidates and the Trump effect
I can't argue otherwise, the senate was for the taking, should've been easy. I've kinda been in the middle on Trump but he needs to go away but his ego won't let him. Attacking DeSantis and Younkin was it for me.
hokiewolf
I guess that means you're a MARXIST now on the board. Welcome!
jkpackfan
Lol hey thanks
Civilized
hokiewolf said:

LOL
caryking
Yea, I'm not sure I get the whole attacking of DeSantis. I think it will come out, soon enough, whether DeSantes is a good National candidate or not.

I personally like his moxie when dealing with issues, like Disney. My concern, as it is with any candidate, are corporatist, globalist type people…. If he can prove himself as "NOT" one of them, then, I can support him. Right now, the Jury is still out!
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
caryking
Packchem91 said:

jkpackfan said:

Packchem91 said:

jkpackfan said:

Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

Werewolf said:

What a sham?

Good deal.

Chem, perhaps you're right; however, these elections are no longer comforting to me. I'd have no issue whatsoever, had Trump endorsed candidates lost same day. That said, the prolonged counting just makes everything so dirty feeling.

Sorry, that's just the way I see it…

Joe Biden
caryking
Civilized said:

hokiewolf said:

LOL

Hokie, I've never thought you were a Marxist. We have a difference of opinion on what a free market is. Now… Civ…

Joe Biden
Packchem91
caryking said:

Packchem91 said:

jkpackfan said:

Packchem91 said:

jkpackfan said:

Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

Werewolf said:

What a sham?

Good deal.

Chem, perhaps you're right; however, these elections are no longer comforting to me. I'd have no issue whatsoever, had Trump endorsed candidates lost same day. That said, the prolonged counting just makes everything so dirty feeling.

Well you also promised that the last election would be over turned in multiple states, so its not really surprising you'd not believe this one either

I mean, I'd they tell me they are reviewing every single ballot to verify the signature, isn't that a good thing?

It'd be great if they can figure out how to do that sooner as I assume there will be a continued migration towards more states and more voters using mailed ballots.
But where is it stated that elections have to wrap up on the day they occur? I agree it seems odd, but I'd rather them do/get it right

caryking
Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

Packchem91 said:

jkpackfan said:

Packchem91 said:

jkpackfan said:

Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

Werewolf said:

What a sham?

Good deal.

Well you also promised that the last election would be over turned in multiple states, so its not really surprising you'd not believe this one either

I mean, I'd they tell me they are reviewing every single ballot to verify the signature, isn't that a good thing?

It'd be great if they can figure out how to do that sooner as I assume there will be a continued migration towards more states and more voters using mailed ballots.
But where is it stated that elections have to wrap up on the day they occur? I agree it seems odd, but I'd rather them do/get it right

Chem, you must be one miserable person. You never miss a chance to take a jab at someone. Ease up man!!!!

As far as the elections go, I would like to see a same day voting with one exception. If you are Military and are out of town, then, you can vote absentee.

Other than that, make it work with your schedule or… you don't vote. You have a full year to be prepared to vote. If you're hospitalized; well, sorry about that…

Voting is a responsibility of the individual, not the State. We have moved so much to a reliance on the State, that we get people that come up with all these grandiose ideas that accommodations must prevail over responsibilities.

Joe Biden
Civilized
caryking said:

Chem, you must be one miserable person. You never miss a chance to take a jab at someone. Ease up man!!!!

As far as the elections go, I would like to see a same day voting with one exception. If you are Military and are out of town, then, you can vote absentee.

Other than that, make it work with your schedule or… you don't vote. You have a full year to be prepared to vote. If you're hospitalized; well, sorry about that…

Voting is a responsibility of the individual, not the State. We have moved so much to a reliance on the State, that we get people that come up with all these grandiose ideas that accommodations must prevail over responsibilities.

This sounds great in principle for white collar workers Cary. This works much less well for blue-collar workers, the poor, and the elderly or those without transportation, and others in inflexible circumstances.

"Just make it work with your schedule, or don't vote" is a completely unnecessary constraint. The object is to maximize turnout, not apply artificial constraints to it. Requiring same-day voting except for those that fall in a very narrow window is unnecessary.

The question opponents of this never have a satisfactory answer to is, "Why eliminate mail-in/no-excuse absentee/early voting, when states have used these methods successfully for decades, with no consequential increase in electoral fraud?"

If there's no evidence of a consequential increase in spoilt ballots or electoral fraud, and these methods increase voting access, what is the downside?
Glasswolf
I have family members that are in their mid 80's. They cannot drive anymore. Now if I can get to town to get them to the polls, I do so. That wasn't possible this year. So they voted absentee ballot. Do we just tell them sorry, you can't vote this year? I voted early as I try to do so every year.
jkpackfan
Glasswolf said:

I have family members that are in their mid 80's. They cannot drive anymore. Now if I can get to town to get them to the polls, I do so. That wasn't possible this year. So they voted absentee ballot. Do we just tell them sorry, you can't vote this year? I voted early as I try to do so every year.
No, mail in votes should be available for folks like that as well as the poor and our military but I just think we should eliminate the rest and ask everyone else to vote in person.
Werewolf
jkpackfan said:

Glasswolf said:

No, mail in votes should be available for folks like that as well as the poor and our military but I just think we should eliminate the rest and ask everyone else to vote in person.

Agree on the elderly and handicapped. No issues.

I also favor a national voting holiday. If you show proof of voting you get your day off work paid for in full.......plus a stipend for fuel.
Civilized
jkpackfan said:

Glasswolf said:

Why?
Glasswolf
Werewolf said:

jkpackfan said:

Glasswolf said:

I also favor a national voting holiday. If you show proof of voting you get your day off work paid for in full.......plus a stipend for fuel.
I agree. It should be a national holiday across the board. I also don't have a problem with voter ID. I was good with the reduced time for early voting this year in NC
Packchem91
caryking said:

Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

Packchem91 said:

jkpackfan said:

Packchem91 said:

jkpackfan said:

Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

Werewolf said:

What a sham?

Good deal.

Miserable? Im not the one whining and trying to disenfranchise others.

As for the jab, sorry, anyone who continued to buy that crap like you did after a day or two is more wrapped up in the result than the process
Packchem91
Glasswolf said:

Werewolf said:

jkpackfan said:

Glasswolf said:

I agree. It should be a national holiday across the board. I also don't have a problem with voter ID. I was good with the reduced time for early voting this year in NC

I like the holiday angle. I'm sure companies will argue they already give employees off Veterans Day, T'giving and for most, the day after, and can't afford to lose more productivity?

jkpackfan
Civilized said:

jkpackfan said:

Glasswolf said:

Why?
Why not? Seems like it opens up the possibility of fraud (more so than voting in person). What's so terrible about voting in person and having to show an ID?? How hard is it to go vote in person.

Make it a national holiday which it should be.
Glasswolf
jkpackfan said:

Civilized said:

jkpackfan said:

Glasswolf said:

Why?
Why not? Seems like it opens up the possibility of fraud (more so than voting in person). What's so terrible about voting in person and having to show an ID?? How hard is it to go vote in person.

If you are home bound or so sick you cannot leave your residence it's pretty hard. My question is this. Why is there only complaints about voter fraud in states that the GOP lose? Everyone is complaining about how long it is taking Arizona to count votes. Isn't that state's election run by the GOP something like 4 - 1?
Werewolf
Glasswolf said:

Werewolf said:

jkpackfan said:

Glasswolf said:

Me and da glass agree on somethin' :-)
jkpackfan
Right which is why I said above I was good with mail in votes for those folks.

I could care less whether a D or R wins and whether it's Arizona or California.
Werewolf
jkpackfan said:

Right which is why I said above I was good with mail in votes for those folks.

I could care less whether a D or R wins and whether it's Arizona or California.
We should also be able to hand-count all votes before 3 AM and never shut down the polls. The election fraud was massive and I think we learn this as a result of the 2022 midterms.
Werewolf
Swamp is deep and swamp is wide. This is one US Senator I've had my doubts about

Civilized
jkpackfan said:

Civilized said:

jkpackfan said:

Glasswolf said:

Why?

Seems like it opens up the possibility of fraud? This isn't a new idea. This has been done successfully all around the country for decades without evidence or indication of consequential fraud.

Voter ID laws are fairly popular and I'm fine with that. Fine with making it a holiday too.

But there's no compelling, fact-based reason to eliminate mail-in/no-excuse absentee. The rationale to do so is always weak, "Well it seems like..." stuff. Zero evidence-based indication that mail-in creates a fraud problem.
packgrad
Civilized said:

jkpackfan said:

Civilized said:

jkpackfan said:

Glasswolf said:

Why?

Seems like it opens up the possibility of fraud? This isn't a new idea. This has been done successfully all around the country for decades without evidence or indication of consequential fraud.

Voter ID laws are fairly popular and I'm fine with that. Fine with making it a holiday too.

But there's no compelling, fact-based reason to eliminate mail-in/no-excuse absentee. The rationale to do so is always weak, "Well it seems like..." stuff. Zero evidence-based indication that mail-in creates a fraud problem.

It's only "weak" to radical leftists. Ignoring the potential for fraud is willful ignorance, which you make an artform on here.
packgrad
Wasn't too long ago, voter id was unfathomable to leftists. Now that they harvest 50% of their ballots through mail in, they're fine with voter id. Lol.
PackFansXL
Civilized said:

It's not a supposed electoral college bias, it's very real, albeit an advantage that ebbs and flows over time.

There are actually two notable current advantages for Republicans, in the Electoral College and in the Senate.

Re: the small-state advantage, larger, more populous states have the same number of senators as the more numerous, less populous states throughout the center of the country.

In rough numbers the 21 least populous states contain roughly the same number of people as the state of California. The 39 million people in those 21 states, most of which are Republican-leaning, have 42 votes in the Senate while the same number of people in California have just two. This allows for red states to exert control over Senate legislation in a manner disproportionate to their resident's proportion of the overall population.

Likewise, the electoral college enables anti-majority outcomes. It's how the winner of the popular vote lost the election in 2000 and in 2016. This is primarily due to key battleground states being more Republican-leaning than the country as a whole. There are various ways to quantify the advantage, but most of these metrics strongly agree that the 2016 and 2020 elections favored Republicans by a magnitude not seen since the 1940s.

While the small state Senate advantage has long favored Republicans, the electoral college advantage has vacillated back and forth between Dems and Pubs over the last century.

Importantly, even though both of these biases presently favor Republicans, I'm not for changing either. Part of what makes our democracy uniquely successful is its ability to adequately represent the political minority and avoid tyranny of the majority.
There is no bias nor is there an advantage that Republicans can somehow utilize. In each and every state, except possibly CA, there is one R, one D, and perhaps one L to choose from for Senator in any given election.

The House is based on population and how each state manages their district mapping process. As we all know, those distract maps are always adjusted by the winning party to try to maintain their perceived advantage in subsequent elections.
jkpackfan
Civilized said:

jkpackfan said:

Civilized said:

jkpackfan said:

Glasswolf said:

Why?

Lol ok chief
Werewolf

caryking
Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

Packchem91 said:

jkpackfan said:

Packchem91 said:

jkpackfan said:

Packchem91 said:

caryking said:

Werewolf said:

What a sham?

Good deal.

Miserable? Im not the one whining and trying to disenfranchise others.

As for the jab, sorry, anyone who continued to buy that crap like you did after a day or two is more wrapped up in the result than the process
Chem, you are what you are…

Disenfranchise…. Just another "Buzz Word" for the Left (something you say you're not) to sling around to make all things good.

As far as the election counting… we'll, if you don't see this as a problem, then ok. Forget National Holiday, that's just one more step away from personal responsibilities. Unfortunately, in this world, all things don't come the way we wish.

I went on vacation last week (YES, I early voted) and got sick, ran a fever of north of 102.0 for three days. Was it a disappointment? Yes, it was. That said, should I get some accommodations because of this? No!

Life isn't perfect. We role with the punches, the best we can. Sometimes, things don't just go your way.

If someone is hospitalized, on Election Day, that's just a disappointment. Things don't go the way you want them too.

I understand some on here will have a different opinion; however, this is the way I see things.

Joe Biden
Civilized
packgrad said:

Wasn't too long ago, voter id was unfathomable to leftists. Now that they harvest 50% of their ballots through mail in, they're fine with voter id. Lol.

You make it sound like only Dems vote early or by mail.

The proportion of early and mail votes by party In 2022 broke down 43%/34% Dem/Pub respectively.

While a fairly significant number of Republicans still voted by mail or voted early, that trend is down markedly from where it was pre-Trump.

Mail in and early no-excuse early voting is another perfect example of Republicans cutting off their nose to spite their face. The GOP voter fraud conspiracy theories promoted to the masses by King Trump took hold. Early and mail in voting has fallen out of favor for Pubs. As clearly evidenced in the 2020 and 2022 elections, Republicans do not have margin to spare.

The lack of self-recognition that Pubs only have themselves to blame for running bad candidates and inhibiting their own voter turnout is astounding. LOL
packgrad
A person so blinded by TDS he can't acknowledge the potential for fraud in mail in ballots talking about "lack of self-recognition" is absolute gold.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.