2022 mid term elections

77,928 Views | 1132 Replies | Last: 23 days ago by Werewolf
BBW12OG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
jadawson said:

wolf howl said:

hokiewolf said:

Because believing that .1% is the problem that needs to be fixed and not the 99.9% is the problem with populism. Sowing distrust because of a perception and not a fact is dangerous.

Are there issues with how we run elections? Absolutely. They are terribly inefficient at vote counting, the rules have not been updated effectively in all states, and it's been shown in the 2020 election that in some states, money can be spent to enhance turnout that favors a particular party. Is that moral? No, is it illegal? Not until the states take up those issues and fixes them Does that mean there is widespread election fraud and cheating? Absolutely not.

I just don't agree with sullying and tearing apart American Institutions and Ideals because my party lost an election. That goes for both democrats and republicans by the way.
You arbitrarily pulled .1% out of the air. There's 20% issue in Maricopa County Arizona right now. I think we can all agree that's a battle ground county and I called it weeks ago they'd have issues, in this thread.

Why do the exact same counties that literally decide the election one way or the other ALWAYS have the same issue? Either there's gross incompetence or whomever is deciding who they want to win is manipulating a small handful of places. Cities with MUCH larger population do not have these issues if they are going either red or blue and it's not going to be close. Weird huh?
I mean the implication in these threads is that its the democrats doing the manipulating. How exactly do they pull it off in Maricopa county? The governer who passed new election laws in 2021 is Republican. 4 of the 5 members of the Maricopa County board of governors are republicans. The Arizona State house and senate both lean Republican.

The two men in this link explaining the issue are both elected republicans

On top of that, people are still voting, the ballots just aren't being tabulated right now. The paper ballot is being dropped in secure boxes instead of going through the scanner. Which is what most Arizona counties do in the first place.

If the democrats are cheating in Maricopa County, how are they doing it in a county run by republicans, with voting rules set up by republicans, and having the issues explained away as nothing to worry about by elected Republicans?

If you want to say its incompetence i'm perfectly fine with that. Lord knows elected politicians know how to be incompetent.
I am an Alien from Mars..... I can call myself anything I want. Hell, Liz "Look at me Now" Cheney is a Republican.

What does that mean?

You are saying that without a shadow of a doubt, unquestioned, there is nothing fishy about a county or five that have significant "issues" every damn election?

And you are taking this on people's word?

Wow... just wow....

Coming from the party that did nothing but promote, investigate and make accusations for over 6 years about nothing but BS????

Come on man..... be better.
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
- Thomas Jefferson
jadawson
BBW12OG said:

jadawson said:

wolf howl said:

hokiewolf said:

Because believing that .1% is the problem that needs to be fixed and not the 99.9% is the problem with populism. Sowing distrust because of a perception and not a fact is dangerous.

Are there issues with how we run elections? Absolutely. They are terribly inefficient at vote counting, the rules have not been updated effectively in all states, and it's been shown in the 2020 election that in some states, money can be spent to enhance turnout that favors a particular party. Is that moral? No, is it illegal? Not until the states take up those issues and fixes them Does that mean there is widespread election fraud and cheating? Absolutely not.

I just don't agree with sullying and tearing apart American Institutions and Ideals because my party lost an election. That goes for both democrats and republicans by the way.
You arbitrarily pulled .1% out of the air. There's 20% issue in Maricopa County Arizona right now. I think we can all agree that's a battle ground county and I called it weeks ago they'd have issues, in this thread.

Why do the exact same counties that literally decide the election one way or the other ALWAYS have the same issue? Either there's gross incompetence or whomever is deciding who they want to win is manipulating a small handful of places. Cities with MUCH larger population do not have these issues if they are going either red or blue and it's not going to be close. Weird huh?
I mean the implication in these threads is that its the democrats doing the manipulating. How exactly do they pull it off in Maricopa county? The governer who passed new election laws in 2021 is Republican. 4 of the 5 members of the Maricopa County board of governors are republicans. The Arizona State house and senate both lean Republican.

On top of that, people are still voting, the ballots just aren't being tabulated right now. The paper ballot is being dropped in secure boxes instead of going through the scanner. Which is what most Arizona counties do in the first place.

If the democrats are cheating in Maricopa County, how are they doing it in a county run by republicans, with voting rules set up by republicans, and having the issues explained away as nothing to worry about by elected Republicans?

If you want to say its incompetence i'm perfectly fine with that. Lord knows elected politicians know how to be incompetent.

I am an Alien from Mars..... I can call myself anything I want. Hell, Liz "Look at me Now" Cheney is a Republican.

What does that mean?

You are saying that without a shadow of a doubt, unquestioned, there is nothing fishy about a county or five that have significant "issues" every damn election?

Wow... just wow....

Coming from the party that did nothing but promote, investigate and make accusations for over 6 years about nothing but BS????

Quote:

What does that mean?

It means that why would none of the registered republicans running the state elections and writing the rules be calling it fraud? Instead they are informing the public why it is not an issue. But i guess it must nice to be able to mentally hand wave away any registered republican who denies voter fraud as not a real republican. Never have to question anything that way.

Quote:

Wow... just wow...

I'm saying i sat through the asinine exercises of the last election cycle where court case after court case was thrown out because no evidence could be provided of any stolen election. You cry wolf enough with no evidence eventually people stop listening. Show the evidence to a court of law and i'll believe it 100%. Until then i'm going to continue to view it as baseless conjecture.

Without evidence what else am i supposed to go by other than people's word? Show me the evidence and i'll believe you. Until then i'll continue to view the people running the elections as more knowledgeable about whats happening there than you and the people you follow on twitter.
Quote:

This applies in more than one direction you know...
BBW12OG
jadawson said:

BBW12OG said:

jadawson said:

wolf howl said:

hokiewolf said:

What does that mean?

Wow... just wow....

Quote:

What does that mean?

It means that why would none of the registered republicans running the state elections and writing the rules be calling it fraud? Instead they are informing the public why it is not an issue. But i guess it must nice to be able to mentally hand wave away any registered republican who denies voter fraud as not a real republican. Never have to question anything that way.

Quote:

Wow... just wow...

I'm saying i sat through the asinine exercises of the last election cycle where court case after court case was thrown out because no evidence could be provided of any stolen election. You cry wolf enough with no evidence eventually people stop listening. Show the evidence to a court of law and i'll believe it 100%. Until then i'm going to continue to view it as baseless conjecture.

Without evidence what else am i supposed to go by other than people's word? Show me the evidence and i'll believe you. Until then i'll continue to view the people running the elections as more knowledgeable about whats happening there than you and the people you follow on twitter.
Quote:

This applies in more than one direction you know...
Get ready...... there's gonna be a few more topics to come.

Being exposed is the biggest fear the left has.
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
- Thomas Jefferson
Werewolf
Voters showing up to vote in Detroit..................TURNED AWAY........being told they've already voted ABSENTEE.
#Devolution #Expand Your Thinking #Eye of The Storm #TheGreatAwakening
BBW12OG

Trust CNN....LMAO....with two dim operatives on stage.....
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

- Thomas Jefferson
Ripper
Werewolf said:

Voters showing up to vote in Detroit..................TURNED AWAY........being told they've already voted ABSENTEE.
Vote early, vote often!
Werewolf
jkpackfan
Lol supposedly msnbc is blaming gerrymandering for losing Florida
jkpackfan
Outside of Fla it's looking like pubs are underperforming so far which is kinda surprising.
Werewolf
BBW12OG
jkpackfan said:

Outside of Fla it's looking like pubs are underperforming so far which is kinda surprising.
Really???

Change the channel.....
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

- Thomas Jefferson
Werewolf
BBW12OG said:

jkpackfan said:

Really???

Change the channel.....

Soros and the D's have set up shop in Georgia, Pennsylvania, Michigan and Arizona....and yes, Texas is being put into play with cheating. Beto will make it close w Abbot I think.......but it will be cheating.

Soros targeted certain SOS's and certian large city DA offices.......selectively.
wolf howl
BBW12OG said:

jkpackfan said:

Really???

Change the channel.....

Agreed. Or, better yet, don't watch TV and find some data driven Twitter accounts to follow.

Early numbers are always for Dems because of early voting and absentee voting. Cheri Beasly was up big on Budd at one point this evening after 7pm but now it's swung the other way as day of votes are counted and he'll win comfortably.
Werewolf
Werewolf
Werewolf
Marco
Still waiting for that red wave!!
hokiewolf
metcalfmafia
How in the hell can Republicans not put a better candidate than Oz in PA? It shouldn't take much to beat Fetterman, but here we are.
hokiewolf
metcalfmafia
In my district…looks like Nickel is going to beat Bo Hines.
hokiewolf
jkpackfan
Republicans have no one to blame but themselves for running such terrible candidates.

I know Hokie and company are happy but not a good night for the country in my opinion.
hokiewolf
jkpackfan said:

Republicans have no one to blame but themselves for running such terrible candidates.

I know Hokie and company are happy but not a good night for the country in my opinion.
I'm not happy, candidate quality matters, I'm throughly disappointed by the results
hokiewolf
hokiewolf
BBW12OG
how'd the NC Supreme Court elections work out?

You lefties celebrate....
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

- Thomas Jefferson
hokiewolf
Meanwhile…

jkpackfan
metcalfmafia said:

How in the hell can Republicans not put a better candidate than Oz in PA? It shouldn't take much to beat Fetterman, but here we are.
Mind boggling
hokiewolf
This is a welcome surprise tonight in spite of the bad news that we didn't get a red wave. A lot of out of State money spent on Supreme Court races simply for one reason - redistricting.

jkpackfan
hokiewolf said:

jkpackfan said:

I'm not happy, candidate quality matters, I'm throughly disappointed by the results
I probably should've known better but I expected different results, especially in the senate. I thought we'd pick up at least 2 there and maybe 3.

jadawson
jkpackfan said:

metcalfmafia said:

Mind boggling
its such a complete misinterpretation of how people think, particularly in "proud" states like pennsylvania, to think that a transplant celebrity is the best idea to win a very winnable election.
jadawson
hokiewolf said:

This is a welcome surprise tonight in spite of the bad news that we didn't get a red wave. A lot of out of State money spent on Supreme Court races simply for one reason - redistricting.

its sad that our 2 main parties first thought is to redistrict to make sure they win more rather than redistrict to better represent the voters of the state
hokiewolf
I think if you look at the amount of money that was spent on democratic candidates outside of NC and then look at the results tonight, where NC-1 remained D and NC-13 flipped, I would say the Republican legislature did a poor job of redistricting because this is pretty much a purple state and that's what you have represented in your 13 districts.
jadawson
hokiewolf said:

I think if you look at the amount of money that was spent on democratic candidates outside of NC and then look at the results tonight, where NC-1 remained D and NC-13 flipped, I would say the Republican legislature did a poor job of redistricting because this is pretty much a purple state and that's what you have represented in your 13 districts.
oh dont get me wrong, im not saying anybody has been super successful with it yet. Im just saying whenever i hear either party, usually when they are minority party, talk about redistricting it comes off as "we need to fix this because we shouldnt be losing here".

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.