Amazon/Netflix series recommendations

125,669 Views | 1044 Replies | Last: 17 hrs ago by statefan91
Mormad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Enjoyed WWII in HD

Really enjoying Medal of Honor
Packchem91
Finished Fargo, S4. Just didn't move the needle like previous seasons, though I did get more hooked as the season progressed.

Finished Dave. Thought it was mostly very funny. A couple of episodes were so raunchy, you'd need to be careful who you watched it with, but overall enjoyed.
ncsualum05
Is anyone watching Wandavision? I am so glad the MCU is back after a long break. They took a big risk with this show though. I really like where it's headed but I could see people turning it on and seeing the backdrop of old sitcom parodies and not getting it/ turning it off. They probably could've shortened the first 2 episodes into maybe 1 but other than that I'm a fan and have honestly never seen anything like it.
CLTWolf
ncsualum05 said:

Is anyone watching Wandavision? I am so glad the MCU is back after a long break. They took a big risk with this show though. I really like where it's headed but I could see people turning it on and seeing the backdrop of old sitcom parodies and not getting it/ turning it off. They probably could've shortened the first 2 episodes into maybe 1 but other than that I'm a fan and have honestly never seen anything like it.
That's what I did. I saw the black/white set up and gave it all of like 4 mins and then said, NOPE. I actually went back yesterday and knocked it out and once I let it unravel I did enjoy it. Different set up for sure.
*Wolfpack Baseball - 2021 *NCAA COLLEGE WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!
*Congrats to the 10 win 2021 Wolfpack football team!
statefan91
ncsualum05 said:

I watched the first episode and was pretty lukewarm. People told me to go back and I was able to binge 2, 3, and 4 and have really enjoyed it. I thought the Ep 5 cameo was interesting and had to explain to my wife why it was going to make things interesting.

Also, I will always take more of Kat Dennings.
ncsualum05
statefan91 said:

ncsualum05 said:

I watched the first episode and was pretty lukewarm. People told me to go back and I was able to binge 2, 3, and 4 and have really enjoyed it. I thought the Ep 5 cameo was interesting and had to explain to my wife why it was going to make things interesting.

Yeah the surprise at the end of the last episode was something that could open limitless possibilities depending on where they want to take it. I think this show is a bridge to the new phase of movies. It'll depend on how they finish it off but we could look back on this and realize how brilliant it was and how important the content is for setting up a lot of the new marvel stories going forward.

And dido on Kat Dennings.... grrrrr baby.
metcalfmafia
If you're big into the MCU, I recommend watching this recent presentation. Definitely gets me excited as a super hero nerd.

statefan91
Thanks for that - so much to be excited about.

Loki
What if...?
Thor
Black Panther II
Fantastic 4
James Gunn being back for Guardians of the Galaxy
metcalfmafia
statefan91 said:

Thanks for that - so much to be excited about.

Loki
What if...?
Thor
Black Panther II
Fantastic 4
James Gunn being back for Guardians of the Galaxy
Curious what direction they go in with Black Panther 2 since they said they weren't going to recast.

Fantastic 4 is what I'm excited about.
statefan91
I assume Shurri (the sister) and some of the other tribes maybe?

Thor with Christian Bale as the bad guy? Yes please.
ncsualum05
metcalfmafia said:

If you're big into the MCU, I recommend watching this recent presentation. Definitely gets me excited as a super hero nerd.

#1. YAY. That's a ****load on top of a ****load to get excited about.

#2. Once a lot of this content is available Disney + is going to be $25/ mo.
statefan91
Not if you pay annually! Price may change in the future but hopefully I'm locked in currently.
metcalfmafia
ncsualum05 said:

metcalfmafia said:

#1. YAY. That's a ****load on top of a ****load to get excited about.

#2. Once a lot of this content is available Disney + is going to be $25/ mo.

If they are putting out high quality content with the same actors then it's worth it to me.
packgrad
Gina Carano fired from Mandalorian. Just when I was starting to like the show.
statefan91
Don't worry, show's still good
metcalfmafia
Not that I agree with her being fired, but I thought her character was boring as dirt.
johntom
statefan91 said:

ncsualum05 said:

The first 2 episodes were awful. I get what they were trying to do, but it was painful to get through.

Episodes 4 and 5 made me glad I stuck through it though. Very good show now. For those of you who are wondering why the end of the last episode might be extra significant, I'd encourage you to watch some of the X-Men reboot movies (First Class, Days of Future Past, etc.). I'm really curious to see where this show is going now.
packgrad
statefan91 said:

Don't worry, show's still good

Definitely picked up for me. I still have a ways to go.
ncsualum05
packgrad said:

I hate our world now. You can't have it both ways. Either people get personal accounts where they can heir their opinions to the world freely or companies need to have policies in place that are applied fairly across the board to people. I'd rather see twitter and facebook destroyed and you get a big fat 404 if you try to go to the sites. But the bell can't be unrung. Social media sucks. But companies need to stop attacking people for their politics... either let it all go or shut it all down equally.
statefan91
Did you finish the most recent season? I'm a casual Star Wars fan but it was even pretty exciting for me at the season finale.
statefan91
ncsualum05 said:

packgrad said:

I hate our world now. You can't have it both ways. Either people get personal accounts where they can heir their opinions to the world freely or companies need to have policies in place that are applied fairly across the board to people. I'd rather see twitter and facebook destroyed and you get a big fat 404 if you try to go to the sites. But the bell can't be unrung. Social media sucks. But companies need to stop attacking people for their politics... either let it all go or shut it all down equally.
Much like Fox News isn't going to employ someone like Rachel Maddow, Disney doesn't have to employ someone they think will have an adverse impact on their brand / customer base.
metcalfmafia
Just finished Chernobyl on HBO Max. Holy **** what a tough watch. Just terrific videography to make a danger that is completely invisible seem so ominous.
Packchem91
metcalfmafia said:

Just finished Chernobyl on HBO Max. Holy **** what a tough watch. Just terrific videography to make a danger that is completely invisible seem so ominous.
Was one of the best shows I've seen in recent memory. Agreed, it was such a tough thing to watch. Jared Harris was awesome.
Andrew4343
Damnit James! We started this last night and I went to bed scared.

James Henderson said:

Not a full series, but we watched the Night Stalker series on Netflix and it was damn good.
statefan91
Andrew4343 said:

Damnit James! We started this last night and I went to bed scared.

James Henderson said:

Not a full series, but we watched the Night Stalker series on Netflix and it was damn good.

Hadn't heard of this, adding it to my list
packgrad
Not yet. Same thoughts on Star Wars. I've heard rave reviews though so I'll stick it out.
ncsualum05
metcalfmafia said:

I saw it a while back and it is amazing. It really gives you a perspective of how corrupt totalitarian government can be. Note the internal pressure to lie or keep secrets. The pressure to fake the forensic reports. Keeping the citizens in the dark and letting them just get sick and die. And probably the hardest thing to see was the firemen coming to put out the fire and the rubble. Good lord I can't believe they had no idea they were going to their death... a horrible death.
jkpackfan
statefan91 said:

ncsualum05 said:

packgrad said:

Much like Fox News isn't going to employ someone like Rachel Maddow, Disney doesn't have to employ someone they think will have an adverse impact on their brand / customer base.
I'm completely fine with that but all I ask for is consistency. Disney has the right to fire whoever but the hypocrisy is getting old.
jkpackfan
metcalfmafia said:

Unbelievable and heartbreaking.
Steve Williams
Staff
jkpackfan said:

metcalfmafia said:

Unbelievable and heartbreaking.
That was a great show. If you haven't seen it, would definitely recommend.
Sierrawolf
Just finished Season 1 of Outlander on Netflix. All I can say is wow...it's captivating but also makes me sick to my stomach.
statefan91
Have started watching this and it's entertaining. It starts out a bit like a comedy, but it turns pretty quickly into a bit of a thriller with a lot of comedic timing.

CLTWolf
statefan91 said:

Have started watching this and it's entertaining. It starts out a bit like a comedy, but it turns pretty quickly into a bit of a thriller with a lot of comedic timing.

Great show and completely surprised me with all of the twists and turns up to the ending. Kaley Cuoco was awesome.

I've started Get Shorty (the show not the movie) the other day and it's been really damn good too. I remember when it came out on EPIX but I wasn't going to pay 5 bucks for that "channel". Now the show is on Amazon Prime so I've been cranking out several episodes a night. Starts slow but definitely picks up steam as it goes.
*Wolfpack Baseball - 2021 *NCAA COLLEGE WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!
*Congrats to the 10 win 2021 Wolfpack football team!
Sierrawolf
We really enjoyed Flight Attendant.
statefan91
Sierrawolf said:

We really enjoyed Flight Attendant.
Haven't finished yet so don't say anything more

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.