Amazon/Netflix series recommendations

127,294 Views | 1050 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by Bockwinkle
jadawson
How long do you want to ignore this user?
statefan91 said:

Has anyone watched other Apple TV shows besides Ted Lasso? It seems like they've put out a bunch. Physical is good because I'm always up for 80s nostalgia, but interested to see if there's any others worth watching.

Severance was quite good in my opinion
statefan91
Ah, yes forgot that was Apple but definitely enjoyed that one as well.
Steve Williams
Staff
I watched Severance on apple. Some folks loved it but it was just okay for me. It was way out there.
jadawson
Steve Williams said:

I watched Severance on apple. Some folks loved it but it was just okay for me. It was way out there.

Definitely polarizing for some. Recommended to most of my friends after I saw it and quite a few came back not feeling the same way about it, which I get.

I loved the themes and shots at corporate culture. But it's definitely a bit out there.
WolfQuacker
Steve Williams said:

caryking said:

My wife and I are watching "The Lincoln Lawyer" on Netflix. We really are enjoying this 10 part series. Hopefully, they do a second season.
We watched that as well. Enjoyed it.
Ditto
WolfQuacker
Steve Williams said:

We can't be friends anymore

I loved the puzzle aspect. The easter eggs throughout the show and theorizing on who/what/when/where....
Packchem91
statefan91 said:

Has anyone watched other Apple TV shows besides Ted Lasso? It seems like they've put out a bunch. Physical is good because I'm always up for 80s nostalgia, but interested to see if there's any others worth watching.
Yes, they have some good stuff.

Pa-chin-ko (hyphens added to bypass filter)
WeCrashed
CODA (movie, perhaps its on other services, we watched it on Apple)
Just started Severance.....very odd
smitt86
statefan91 said:

I liked For All Mankind.
Foundation was interesting, but not sure if I'd recommend it or not.
Packchem91
smitt86 said:

statefan91 said:

I liked For All Mankind.
Foundation was interesting, but not sure if I'd recommend it or not.
yeah, I watched the preview and put it on my list of to give it a try. Not sure my wife will care to watch though.
barnburner
`The morning show on apple is pretty good with Aniston and Witherspoon esp if you watch a network morning show..
smitt86
barnburner said:

`The morning show on apple is pretty good with Aniston and Witherspoon esp if you watch a network morning show..
My wife raved about the first season but thought the 2nd season was really disappointing.
Steve Williams
Staff
For all Mankind is up next for me. Watching a series called Dark on Netflix. Like it but damn hard to keep up with.
PackFansXL
Anyone watching The Old Man done by FX and appearing on Hulu? It features Jeff Bridges and John Lithgow. I think it is good but I have to wait a week between episodes like the old days.
smitt86
Steve Williams said:

For all Mankind is up next for me. Watching a series called Dark on Netflix. Like it but damn hard to keep up with.
Dark is great, but the writing for that show is insanity. Planning all of that out from the beginning and keeping everything in line, crazy.
wilmwolf
Was under the mistaken impression that this latest release was the last of Stranger Things. I've enjoyed the show, but I was hoping for a resolution, as the story seems up be running its course. Hopefully the final installment comes quickly and wraps everything up.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
WolfQuacker
PackFansXL said:

Anyone watching The Old Man done by FX and appearing on Hulu? It features Jeff Bridges and John Lithgow. I think it is good but I have to wait a week between episodes like the old days.
I love it, but most shows like this get ridic after a few episodes. Hopefully they won't get silly with the action for the sake of action. I absolutely love Jeff Bridges.
braz213
caryking said:

My wife and I are watching "The Lincoln Lawyer" on Netflix. We really are enjoying this 10 part series. Hopefully, they do a second season.

It says on Netflix that a second season has been agreed to. Watched the first episode today and I look forward to the next episode.
Steve Williams
Staff
Finished Stranger Things last night. Dang that was good.
jadawson
Steve Williams said:

Did the last episode feel as long as it is or did it fly by? Watched episode 8 last night just need to find the time for the last one
jkpackfan
Steve Williams said:

Just finished earlier, so dang good…gonna hate to see this one end.
Steve Williams
Staff
jadawson said:

Steve Williams said:

Did the last episode feel as long as it is or did it fly by? Watched episode 8 last night just need to find the time for the last one
There were a couple spots where it kinda dragged but overall a tremendous finale. The Metallica scene was pretty epic
barnburner
We started watching Russian Doll on Netflix.. about a woman and now a man that die repeatedly and wake up in the same place they started the day over and over again. They try to figure out what is happening to them as it seems to affect no one else.
wilmwolf
About halfway through with The Terminal List on Amazon, and really enjoying it
PackFansXL
wilmwolf80 said:

Same here. You just beat me to posting a similar observation.
caryking
Plan on finishing The Lincoln Lawyer tonight. Looking forward to it…
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
jadawson
got around to finishing Stranger Things last night (2 1/2 hours is a lot of free time to set aside!). Great season, back to season 1 form IMO. Master of Puppets scene was so cool. #JusticeForEddie
wilmwolf
PackFansXL said:

wilmwolf80 said:

I do have to say, one of my good friends was a SEAL, recently discharged, and dealing with the same medical issue as the main character, and I'm not sure how he would react to watching it. I now Steve and others here have served, and would imagine that for some this show might be a little triggering (even though I hate that word and concept typically).
Packchem91
Watching the final season (4) of Goliath on Amazon. Billy Bob Thornton is so good in his role was disenchanted lawyer. Season has had included odd dream sequences in each of the several episodes so far....but still good.
PackFansXL
wilmwolf80 said:

PackFansXL said:

wilmwolf80 said:

I do have to say, one of my good friends was a SEAL, recently discharged, and dealing with the same medical issue as the main character, and I'm not sure how he would react to watching it. I now Steve and others here have served, and would imagine that for some this show might be a little triggering (even though I hate that word and concept typically).
We finished the 8th and final episode tonight. WOW!
Sierrawolf
PackFansXL said:

wilmwolf80 said:

PackFansXL said:

wilmwolf80 said:

We finished the 8th and final episode tonight. WOW!

Just finished episode 5 with the van attack and can't stop smiling. So badass.
Ellesdad
Watching The Old Man on Hulu… very good so far!
Packchem91
Only 2 episodes in, but very intrigued by Black Bird on Apple TV. It's weekly, so that's gonna be tough to wait for new episodes
Packchem91
Saw this article yesterday that was interesting about Netflix struggling. Interesting context as to some of the issues
Will agree one thing that hurts the cable cutters from a cost perspective is the proliferation of offerings. Used to be having Netflix and Amazon Prime covered most things. Now these services that have one show are able to go big, like Peacock. Takes away from Netflix inventory and makes me as consumer but two services

https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/17/investing/stocks-week-ahead/index.html
Packchem91
Packchem91 said:

Saw this article yesterday that was interesting about Netflix struggling. Interesting context as to some of the issues
Will agree one thing that hurts the cable cutters from a cost perspective is the proliferation of offerings. Used to be having Netflix and Amazon Prime covered most things. Now these services that have one show are able to go big, like Peacock. Takes away from Netflix inventory and makes me as consumer but two services

To add….saw today that Netflix didn't lose as many subscribers as protected, so stock went up. But still losing folks and the issues listed in the article aren't really changing
caryking
Packchem91 said:

I agree with you on the proliferation of options. In most situations, more options create competition; however, in this case, it cost more money to the consumer.
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.