Amazon/Netflix series recommendations

127,575 Views | 1050 Replies | Last: 8 days ago by Bockwinkle
dwanna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
jadawson said:

just did the deal through amazon prime to stream Showtime shows on prime for $5 for 3 months. Planning on watching Billions and Black Sails which both have great reviews.
I would give Billions my stamp of approval
Packchem91
Just started watching Succession on HBO, by way of Amazon. Holy crap, what a screwed up family, but just the kind you get drawn in by. Only can watch about 1 episode per night, but when one ends, it leaves me looking forward to the next one
jadawson
Packchem91 said:

Just started watching Succession on HBO, by way of Amazon. Holy crap, what a screwed up family, but just the kind you get drawn in by. Only can watch about 1 episode per night, but when one ends, it leaves me looking forward to the next one
calling them a screwed up family that you can't take your eyes away from is a great way to put it. i've thoroughly enjoyed watching Succession.
Packchem91
jadawson said:

Packchem91 said:

calling them a screwed up family that you can't take your eyes away from is a great way to put it. i've thoroughly enjoyed watching Succession.
I'm only 6 episodes in....but the Kieran Culkin character makes me want to both turn the TV off and laugh out loud at the same time.
Packchem91
jadawson said:

Packchem91 said:

Finished season 2....like many of these shows, very unbelievable in some parts...but if you set that aside, it was a fun ride. Looking forward to S3 now.

*Feel like this is about the 3rd/4th time i've said this since converted to streaming shows instead of network TV, but this one had to raise the bar on # of "f-bombs" used. Just another word.
WolfQuacker
Loudermilk on Prime. 3 seasons, funny as hell.
caryking
Started final season of Bosch. Hate to see this series end. One of my all time favorites!!
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
Steve Williams
Staff
pineknollshoresking said:

Started final season of Bosch. Hate to see this series end. One of my all time favorites!!
Yeah, I'm with you. Holding off on watching for now. Funny how someone can just be the perfect guy for a part and Bosch nailed it.
statefan91
Loki on Disney+ just ended its first season and I thought it was excellent. As most Marvel movies, opens up things for some movies and new characters.
CLTWolf
Steve Williams said:

Yeah, I'm with you. Holding off on watching for now. Funny how someone can just be the perfect guy for a part and Bosch nailed it.
There's going to be a spin off with Harry being a private eye and working with his daughter and Money Chandler. I can't wait. Bosch is so great.
*Wolfpack Baseball - 2021 *NCAA COLLEGE WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!
*Congrats to the 10 win 2021 Wolfpack football team!
jkpackfan

Finished it last weekend and I'm gonna miss it. I need something new to watch now.
caryking
CLTWolf said:

Steve Williams said:

There's going to be a spin off with Harry being a private eye and working with his daughter and Money Chandler. I can't wait. Bosch is so great.
What??? No kidding, right?

I just looked it up. Exciting!!
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
dwanna
WolfQuacker said:

Love it. Season 3 was almost tough to watch at the end because it was so raw.
statefan91
Just finished Black Sails, love how they wrapped it up. Fun to see different pirate legends included like Blackbeard and Long John Silver
metcalfmafia
statefan91 said:

Loki on Disney+ just ended its first season and I thought it was excellent. As most Marvel movies, opens up things for some movies and new characters.
Oh man. I loved the series as well...interesting that they are already planning a season 2.
metcalfmafia
Has anyone seen Black Widow yet? I'm probably going to make my first post-covid trip to the theater tonight.
Packchem91
metcalfmafia said:

Has anyone seen Black Widow yet? I'm probably going to make my first post-covid trip to the theater tonight.
I really am looking forward to going back to the movies. Something special about taking in a great movie in that environment (plus the popcorn!!)
statefan91
metcalfmafia said:

Yep - saw it opening night. It was good, more of a 90s action movie than anything like the Avengers movies but I don't think that's a bad thing.

Also can't go wrong with the cast, especially Florence Pugh who I've been a big fan of since Midsommar.

There's an end credit scene at the very end but it's nothing mind blowing.
WolfQuacker
dwanna said:

WolfQuacker said:

Agree, felt like they were trying to wrap some things up but I'm really hoping Amazon picks up some additional seasons. I think there's plenty there to continue this series.
dwanna
WolfQuacker said:

dwanna said:

WolfQuacker said:

Agree, felt like they were trying to wrap some things up but I'm really hoping Amazon picks up some additional seasons. I think there's plenty there to continue this series.

I read a couple months ago that creator (Peter Farrely) definitely wanted to continue. Hopefully it gets picked up.
statefan91
Really excited for this in October:

jadawson
statefan91 said:

Really excited for this in October:

If any modern director can do it it's Villeneuve but I'll believe the story is given justice when I see it.
packgrad
Dave. FX. About a white Jewish rapper. I've only watched season 1. Stellar.
Packchem91
packgrad said:

Dave. FX. About a white Jewish rapper. I've only watched season 1. Stellar.

It's so well done. Very intelligent writing. Ive migrated to dramas mostly lately, but found myself laughing out loud (for real) at this show
braz213
The Dave guy had a job in marketing and quit to persue his career now. Did a song with Chris Brown that was a hit. Talented dude.
Packchem91
braz213 said:

The Dave guy had a job in marketing and quit to persue his career now. Did a song with Chris Brown that was a hit. Talented dude.
The odds stacked against him had to be about 10 miles high. Good for him to go for it.
statefan91
Saw the Snake Eyes movie last night (GI Joe). Wasn't terrible, wasn't good. On par for a summer action movie.

Excited for a few movies coming out in the near future, this one most of all:

statefan91
statefan91 said:

Saw the Snake Eyes movie last night (GI Joe). Wasn't terrible, wasn't good. On par for a summer action movie.

Excited for a few movies coming out in the near future, this one most of all:

As a follow-up, this was not what I expected it to be. Definitely more of a morality tale, journey than an epic movie. Little fighting, lots of solo time on a journey.
dogplasma
Real glad Bob Odenkirk is okay and selfishly hoping his health doesn't derail the last season of Better Call Saul.
statefan91
Anyone watching Ted Lasso season 2? I have to admit I am not enjoying it nearly as much this season. All the characters feel like a caricature of last year.
Packchem91
statefan91 said:

Anyone watching Ted Lasso season 2? I have to admit I am not enjoying it nearly as much this season. All the characters feel like a caricature of last year.
Its on my "next up" list....BUT, I feel like it may be a let down just because the bar of expectations were raised so high after the first season.
Packchem91
Way later than some on here....but The Queen's Gambit. Really good. Difficult to make details of chess entertaining, but they managed to do so.
packgrad
statefan91 said:

I'm waiting to binge watch it. Just watched the first season again so my wife would watch it for the first time. It's too short a show to have to wait a week between episodes. I'll just wait until the end, or close to it.
Packchem91
packgrad said:

statefan91 said:

I'm waiting to binge watch it. Just watched the first season again so my wife would watch it for the first time. It's too short a show to have to wait a week between episodes. I'll just wait until the end, or close to it.
Yeah, I think that's a good strategy. I didn't watch S1 until months after its release, so didn't realize they only did weekly releases. I'll wait as well.
That probably explains as well why I haven't heard as many people raving about it so far.
statefan91
Saw this tonight and it was hilarious

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.