Amazon/Netflix series recommendations

127,398 Views | 1050 Replies | Last: 5 days ago by Bockwinkle
wilmwolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Binging the new season from Ozark while waiting on this ice storm that may not come. There was just a scene in North Carolina, and Wilmington was mentioned, which was neat.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
jkpackfan
That's outstanding CLT
jkpackfan
This is gonna be awesome. Kinda off topic I guess

Packchem91
wilmwolf80 said:

Binging the new season from Ozark while waiting on this ice storm that may not come. There was just a scene in North Carolina, and Wilmington was mentioned, which was neat.
I'm guessing this show may set records this w/e with all the bad crappy weather (coupled with people quarantining). Lots of buzz.
I watched the end of S3 last night as a reminder.
The Ben character will be missed....his last episode was one of the best performances i saw in a long while.
RunsWithWolves26
Just finished binging Ozark part 1 of season 4. I will say for me, it started out super slow, almost lost me at a few points but the way it ended and keeps you waiting for part 2, OMFG!!
Steve Williams
Staff
CLTWolf said:

For you Lasso fans...

(it's great, btw)
Awesome. Thanks for sharing
Steve Williams
Staff
Dang bro, didn't it just come out today lol
RunsWithWolves26
Steve Williams said:

Dang bro, didn't it just come out today lol

Snow day so I binged the hell out of it! Haha
Packchem91
RunsWithWolves26 said:

Just finished binging Ozark part 1 of season 4. I will say for me, it started out super slow, almost lost me at a few points but the way it ended and keeps you waiting for part 2, OMFG!!
Man......i just finished episode 3 last night....and if you thought it was "super slow", I can't imagine what the last couple of episodes must be.
I thought it was sizzling. I hate Wendy with all the passion I can -- she is up there the worst mom in the history of mankind (though Laura Linney is playing one heck of a role)....but the scenes with she and Ruth and she and Jonah in the first few episodes have been great.
wilmwolf
I too watched all of Ozarks new season Friday. We're to a point where there aren't really any likable characters in my eyes, so it will be interesting to see if there's redemption for any of them in the final run.
RunsWithWolves26
Packchem91 said:

RunsWithWolves26 said:

Man......i just finished episode 3 last night....and if you thought it was "super slow", I can't imagine what the last couple of episodes must be.
I thought it was sizzling. I hate Wendy with all the passion I can -- she is up there the worst mom in the history of mankind (though Laura Linney is playing one heck of a role)....but the scenes with she and Ruth and she and Jonah in the first few episodes have been great.

Hang onto your pants because episode 7 of part 1 which is the final episode of part 1, made me yell, "Are you ****ing kidding me!!"
Packchem91
wilmwolf80 said:

I too watched all of Ozarks new season Friday. We're to a point where there aren't really any likable characters in my eyes, so it will be interesting to see if there's redemption for any of them in the final run.
No, there really aren't, though I still do like Marty. And I really liked Ben last season.
The new guy who is the PI (or least that is what he is thru 3 episodes) is one of the more annoying characters the show has ever had.
Steve Williams
Staff
Watched first two episodes of latest season of Ozark and so far, decent. Also watching Boba Fett which really reminds me of Mandalorian just with a different dude.
jkpackfan
Steve Williams said:

Watched first two episodes of latest season of Ozark and so far, decent. Also watching Boba Fett which really reminds me of Mandalorian just with a different dude.
The first 2 episodes were good but I wasn't a fan of the 3rd. Haven't watched the newest one yet?

I finished Ozark last night, it was pretty good.
Bellhenmar
May have missed it in the last few pages but The Last Kingdom is awesome. Also watching Ozark. Love Marty Byrne.
Packchem91
RunsWithWolves26 said:

Packchem91 said:

RunsWithWolves26 said:

Hang onto your pants because episode 7 of part 1 which is the final episode of part 1, made me yell, "Are you ****ing kidding me!!"
I thought the entire first part of the season was great. That said, It is the biggest collection of hateable women on any show ever, lol.
wilmwolf
On the last episode of Reacher on Prime, I've really enjoyed it. Good old fashioned ass kicking show.
Packchem91
WolfQuacker said:

packwest said:

statefan91 said:

Steve Williams said:

packwest said:

Steve Williams said:

Finished Wheel of Time...it was okay, not great.

Watched Greyhound with Tom Hanks- it was good.

Started Ted Lasso...love it. Really good.
Greyhound was great -- not too long of a film; lots of action.

Let me know your thoughts on Ted Lasso after Season 2.
Oh no, don't tell me it goes downhill.
I thought Season 2 was great, it took me a couple episodes to get into the season but really enjoyed it overall.
Season 2 wasn't bad....but I don't think it was as good as Season 1.
I thought Season 2 matched the genius of 1, but not straight out of the gate. It took me a few episodes, maybe even 4 or 5 to really realize just how good it still was. Don't get discouraged if you aren't drawn into season 2 immediately or feel let down - I've heard the same from nearly everyone who has watched both.
I just finished S2 last night. Outside of the next to last episode, which was really odd and not funny, I thought the season was great.
I watch mostly the dramas, most of which are entertaining, but don't exactly move you. Or make you think much.

This show is different. Over the past couple of seasons, while Yellowstone, Ozark, Mare of Eastham, Succession, Bosch and others have entertained me, the only 3 episodes that I can remember being moved to tears are 3 episodes from Ted Lasso:
the two season enders, and the Christmas episode from S2.
Steve Williams
Staff
Loved Ted Lasso. Just started 1883 and it's been good, not great.
statefan91
wilmwolf80 said:

On the last episode of Reacher on Prime, I've really enjoyed it. Good old fashioned ass kicking show.

Good to hear - the books are formulaic but usually good for a read
wilmwolf
It's not gonna win any awards for acting, but I enjoy watching bad guys get their butts kicked.
jkpackfan
Just finished Gomorrah last night, I'd definitely recommend it.
Packchem91
Steve Williams said:

Loved Ted Lasso. Just started 1883 and it's been good, not great.

1883 is odd. Not sold on it yet. Didn't realize the daughter would be the focus.
Packchem91
Belfast, Kenneth Branaugh's movie on Prime. Kid growing up In the lower income section of Belfast in 1969.

Really good movie about how tough it is to leave those whom you have grown up, no matter how tough the circumstances. Shot in black and white, with soundtrack from Van Morrison.
packgrad
wilmwolf80 said:

It's not gonna win any awards for acting, but I enjoy watching bad guys get their butts kicked.

Reacher is awesome. Halfway through.
packgrad
packgrad said:

wilmwolf80 said:

Updated. All the way through.

Loved it.

Classic old school bad ass good guy show. Some cheese. Some great responses. Good guy wins.

I like fiction with good endings. This suits me.

A+
JocoPack
I watched the first season of Ozark when it came out and loved it but for some reason never followed up with the other seasons. Finally binged it this past weekend and holy **** what a finish. Can't wait for the second half of season 4.
It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.
caryking
packgrad said:

wilmwolf80 said:

Is this Reacher based, in part, on the Tom Cruise movie?
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
packgrad
caryking said:

packgrad said:

wilmwolf80 said:

Is this Reacher based, in part, on the Tom Cruise movie?
It's based on the "real" Reacher from the books. Tom Cruise was a joke as Reacher. Reacher is a hulkish dominating character. Tom Cruise is a midget.
wilmwolf
Same source material for the character, nothing to do with the movies as far as I know.
statefan91
packgrad said:

wilmwolf80 said:

I have read a lot of the books and wasn't sure how the show would go but am happy after watching a couple episodes so far.
packgrad
statefan91 said:

packgrad said:

wilmwolf80 said:

I have read a lot of the books and wasn't sure how the show would go but am happy after watching a couple episodes so far.
I'm a fan of the books. Big Reacher and Bob Lee Swagger fan. There's cheese, and ridiculousness, but I like shows/books that make you laugh and the good guy wins. Sure I read and watch other genres, but I love this one.
jkpackfan
I'm 3 episodes in on Raised By Wolves and I'm not sure what to think.
TraCha4
I know this one is old but I just discovered it. Last three nights I have watched seasons 1 and 2 of Billions. It's great so far.
jadawson
Watched CODA last night, nominated for an oscar for best picture. It may not be for everyone but if you have family or just know anyone who is deaf its gonna resonate pretty strongly with you and in my opinion its gonna work emotionally for anyone who has children whether they know anyone deaf or not.

Edit: Forgot to mention its on Apple TV + so if you have any time left after binging ted lasso or the morning show its worth a watch

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.