Amazon/Netflix series recommendations

127,407 Views | 1050 Replies | Last: 5 days ago by Bockwinkle
Steve Williams
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Been watching Bosch:Legacy on freevee and it's been better than some seasons of the regular Bosch. That guy was born to play that role.
caryking
Steve Williams said:

Been watching Bosch:Legacy on freevee and it's been better than some seasons of the regular Bosch. That guy was born to play that role.
Who is the normal channel?
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
CLTWolf
Steve Williams said:

I'm actually knocking out an episode now. You're right, I can't imagine Bosch being played by anyone else other than Titus Welliver.

I've actually been impressed by his "daughter" as well, she isn't at all annoying in this new role. Gotta love some Crate and Barrell appearance as well.
*Wolfpack Baseball - 2021 *NCAA COLLEGE WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!
*Congrats to the 10 win 2021 Wolfpack football team!
Steve Williams
Staff
caryking said:

Steve Williams said:

Who is the normal channel?
It's only on freevee which used to be IMBD. Amazon bought them. I'm assuming they put Bosch on there to draw attention to the network.
Packchem91
Working my way thru the 3rd season of The Last Kingdom. Increasingly considering asking one of my kids to name their first born Uhtred.
One of the baddest characters on TV, but also capable of just being human.
FlossyDFlynt
Finished the Three Mile Island documentary on Netflix. Kinda scary to think how close it really was to being a full on meltdown
wilmwolf
Without spoilers, was there anyone particularly pleased with the ending of Ozark? I didn't think it was awful, just kinda meh. Seems like a lot of series kinda limp to the finish line once they know it's ending.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
Steve Williams
Staff
wilmwolf80 said:

Without spoilers, was there anyone particularly pleased with the ending of Ozark? I didn't think it was awful, just kinda meh. Seems like a lot of series kinda limp to the finish line once they know it's ending.
Agree completely. All that buildup and like you said, meh.
Packchem91
wilmwolf80 said:

Finished it last night. I thought in these last 7 episodes, they kind of jumped the shark on the Wendy is the worst mom character ever. It was so over the top, it almost became cartoonish. Especially when played against the always cool no matter what happens Marty.

That said, I was entertained. I'm not sure if I liked the ending, but its almost impossible to get hooked on a show for years with that much action and then 100% like a final episode. We all have in our mind the way WE want it to end, and its difficult for writers to ever live up to that.
Craddock
Yo whomever decided tha Ruth should die…I hope you get crabs.
Packchem91
Craddock said:

Yo whomever decided tha Ruth should die…I hope you get crabs.
LOL, yeah, that was a surprise. So much for spinoffs!
wilmwolf
Honestly, I didn't have any way I wanted it to end. It's just weird when you get to the end and there isn't a single redeemable character left. Throughout most of the show there was some hope woven into the story that all the bad deeds would lead to something better for someone, and in the end, it didn't. And I suppose that was part of a deeper message, but it just left me sitting there thinking, welp...
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
Packchem91
wilmwolf80 said:

Honestly, I didn't have any way I wanted it to end. It's just weird when you get to the end and there isn't a single redeemable character left. Throughout most of the show there was some hope woven into the story that all the bad deeds would lead to something better for someone, and in the end, it didn't. And I suppose that was part of a deeper message, but it just left me sitting there thinking, welp...
Oh, lol, i gave up on any redeemable characters a couple of seasons ago, save for maybe the son (who was still doing laundering for bad people, just a likeable kid)

The one character who was redeemable, though highly flawed still was Ben -- and I think that was one reason he was such a hit**

**I thought his soliloquy scene near end of S3 was one of the best scenes ever in the show. And they did another version of it in this last part of S4, that darned near was just as mesmerizing. That guy emoted so amazingly....you could feel his internal demons right there with him.
statefan91
This is movie related but.

HOLY **** TOP GUN 2 IS AWESOME
jkpackfan
statefan91 said:

You're about the 3rd person I've heard say that, I'm definitely gonna check it out this weekend
Sierrawolf
statefan91 said:

Agree. Saw it last night and it's honestly the first movie i've seen in a while that exceeded expectations.
jkpackfan
The new season of Stranger Things may be my favorite. Really good so far
Sierrawolf
jkpackfan said:

Awesome season…they just forgot to include the ending
Packchem91
jkpackfan said:

good to know....I'll have to watch that soon
jkpackfan
Sierrawolf said:

jkpackfan said:

2 more episodes coming in July
Packchem91
Sierrawolf said:

statefan91 said:

Agree. Saw it last night and it's honestly the first movie i've seen in a while that exceeded expectations.
Took my daughter for her b'day tonight....she's grown up loving the Marvel action movies, so this was a whole new experience of classic hero movies. So well done. Hit all the old cliches for the nostalgia crowd.
Tom Cruise is an odd guy in real life, but guy knows how to work an audience on the big screen
smitt86
jkpackfan said:

Sierrawolf said:

jkpackfan said:

"Episodes". I finished episode 6 last night and saw the 7th episode was a hour and 40 minutes. So looked ahead at run times...

Episode 7: 1:40
Episode 8: 1:25
Episode 9: 2:30

Its 6 episodes and 3 movies, haha.
statefan91
smitt86 said:

jkpackfan said:

Sierrawolf said:

jkpackfan said:

"Episodes". I finished episode 6 last night and saw the 7th episode was a hour and 40 minutes. So looked ahead at run times...

That's awesome - just finished episode 4 and had to check the time at one point and saw there was still 30 minutes left after an hour. Glad they're doing it justice and going big.
smitt86
statefan91 said:

smitt86 said:

jkpackfan said:

Sierrawolf said:

jkpackfan said:

That's awesome - just finished episode 4 and had to check the time at one point and saw there was still 30 minutes left after an hour. Glad they're doing it justice and going big.
I thought this was the final season.

It is actually not, there will be a 5th season. I can't imagine them going bigger than season, haha.
jkpackfan
smitt86 said:

jkpackfan said:

Sierrawolf said:

jkpackfan said:

Wow hadn't looked at the times of those episodes, sweet
caryking
Im the only one in my family that hasn't been watching Stranger Things. I thought is was a kids show.. Is it?

Joe Biden
caryking
My wide and I have been watching "The Flight Attendant", on HBO. It's a quirky show, but it is good. The episode we watched last night was intense, from a human standpoint. It was dealing (actually the whole show has it as a part of the personality) alcoholism. Very powerful moments that appeared very real. Sharon Stone played the mother and was very, very good.

Joe Biden
jadawson
caryking said:

Im the only one in my family that hasn't been watching Stranger Things. I thought is was a kids show.. Is it?

It's got fairly universal appeal. If you were a fan of 80's horror movies or 80's media in general you'll get some nostalgia/enjoyment from it. It's very well made and the kids are actually pretty solid actors for the most part
smitt86
caryking said:

It's definitely not "a kids show".

First season had some real "Goonies" vibes and it's suspense/action with scifi/horror storylines. Also, as noted, lots of 80s nostalgia to enjoy.
statefan91
Anyone watching the new Obi-Wan Kenobi show? Liking it so far, though some cheesiness to it with the kid actors
caryking
smitt86 said:

caryking said:

It's definitely not "a kids show".

First season had some real "Goonies" vibes and it's suspense/action with scifi/horror storylines. Also, as noted, lots of 80s nostalgia to enjoy.
Well, I guess I need to see if my wife will watch it with me...

Joe Biden
Steve Williams
Staff
Definitely a lot of throwbacks to 80's horror stories. Episode 1 and 2 of this current season had a Firestarter/Carrie vibe. Another scene really reminded me of Nightmare on Elm Street. The one guy with the balding head has to be a take off of Tom Cruise's part in Tropic Thunder. Heck, even Durham got a shout out. It's felt like this current season is much darker than previous seasons.
braz213
Yeah and I like it. Probably because the kids are getting older.
FlossyDFlynt
statefan91 said:

Anyone watching the new Obi-Wan Kenobi show? Liking it so far, though some cheesiness to it with the kid actors
Im enjoying it. Yea, it has a decent amount of fan service in it, but I expect that from the live action shows at this point. There was one thing I loved about this week's episode, but I think were still in spoiler territory so Ill hold off.
PackFansXL
jkpackfan said:

statefan91 said:

You're about the 3rd person I've heard say that, I'm definitely gonna check it out this weekend
Great movie!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.