Amazon/Netflix series recommendations

128,065 Views | 1054 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by griff17matt
jkpackfan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
statefan91 said:

jkpackfan said:

For those with Apple + Ted Lasso is really good.
I will echo this every time someone mentions it. Season 2 comes out late July.
Yep can't wait
TheStorm
My wife got sucked into watching some crazy series on Netflix call "Through Her Eyes"... may have only been 6-8 episodes of it but even just passing in and out of the room that was some sick, weird **** going down in the show... I had to give her hell for even watching it, and she said "I don't even know why I am, it's crazy"...
dwanna
Watched a few episodes of The Serpent on Netflix. It's loosely based on a true story from 60's and 70's of some guy in Europe drugging, killing, and robbing from tourists, and stealing identities.

For me, this type of show is hit or miss, but this one pulled me in. 10 episodes, and they are an hour each, so it is kind of a long watch.
Packchem91
Not a series.....but the movie Minari on Amazon. Another one of the Korean-produced movies. Very well done. Family looks for "greener grass" by moving to start a farm in rural Arkansas. Then mother-in-law moves in. Very well acted and directed.
Packchem91
Mare of Eastham on HBO. 7-part miniseries. Kate Winslett is outstanding as policewoman trying to solve several young girls disappearance. Gritty show, kind of similar in way to Mystic River....old families who never leave depressed area.
Steve Williams
Staff
Finished The Last Kingdom which I highly recommend. Started Frontier and I've really enjoyed it as well.
RunsWithWolves26
Started watching The Good Place on Netflix. Short 20-25 min episodes. Comedy is funny in it and the plot line keeps me watching. Knocked out season 1 quick and just started season 2.
dwanna
RunsWithWolves26 said:

Started watching The Good Place on Netflix. Short 20-25 min episodes. Comedy is funny in it and the plot line keeps me watching. Knocked out season 1 quick and just started season 2.
This series had one of my favorite twists from TV shows. Me and the Mrs. just started catching up on this over the weekend.
Scwuffpak
Steve Williams said:

Finished The Last Kingdom which I highly recommend. Started Frontier and I've really enjoyed it as well.
That one was really good. I just started Turn and it has been really good. I would highly recommend if you liked The Last Kingdom.
FlossyDFlynt
Finished Clarkson's Farm on Amazon over the weekend. If you like his other stuff, youll love this series. Very well done
Packchem91
Just finished I Know This Much is True on HBO. Mark Ruffalo plays both roles of twin brothers, one of whom has paranoia schizophrenia.
Thought it was really really compelling, and because we know so much more now about people with that condition, though also difficult to watch because of the pain you feel for both brothers.
jkpackfan
Just finished Banshee and not sure how I missed it until now. Some nice talent
waxhaw
Only one season but just watched panic. Enjoyed that.

For he people that like period pieces. Watched first season of reign. That was good also.
SexualChocolate
The Handmaid's Tale is really good.
Packchem91
SexualChocolate said:

The Handmaid's Tale is really good.
Really good. One of those shows where you really do want to reach thru the screen and choke some folks
dogplasma
FlossyDFlynt said:

Finished Clarkson's Farm on Amazon over the weekend. If you like his other stuff, youll love this series. Very well done
We just started this. Not nearly as goofy and scripted as I feared (Lamborghini tractor notwithstanding). We like it so far.

I know it's old hat now, but I'm also in the middle of Ozark, which is excellent.
FlossyDFlynt
Yea, there are definitely some scripted parts, but I think they overall did a really good job. As someone who is completely ignorant when it comes to farming, it was eye opening to see what goes into it
WolfQuacker
FlossyDFlynt said:

3 episodes down. Thanks for posting, as a big TG fan, not sure how I missed this one.
Packchem91
dogplasma said:

FlossyDFlynt said:

We just started this. Not nearly as goofy and scripted as I feared (Lamborghini tractor notwithstanding). We like it so far.

I know it's old hat now, but I'm also in the middle of Ozark, which is excellent.
Yeah, can't wait for the new season of Ozark, which is supposed to also be the last season. Am guessing it will still be a while before released.

Also looking forward to new seasons for Yellowstone (I've not seen announced yet), Ted Lasso (July 21) and The Morning Show (mid-Sept).
statefan91
Have made it to the 3rd season of Black Sails - love that Blackbeard is a character
dogplasma
FlossyDFlynt said:

Yea, there are definitely some scripted parts, but I think they overall did a really good job. As someone who is completely ignorant when it comes to farming, it was eye opening to see what goes into it
Yes! Farming is clearly not for the faint of heart, even when you're doing it to support a lucrative Amazon contract and not to support your family.
packgrad
Enjoying Clarkson's Farm. Good tip.
dwanna
Packchem91 said:

dogplasma said:

FlossyDFlynt said:

Yeah, can't wait for the new season of Ozark, which is supposed to also be the last season. Am guessing it will still be a while before released.

Also looking forward to new seasons for Yellowstone (I've not seen announced yet), Ted Lasso (July 21) and The Morning Show (mid-Sept).
RE: Ozark: I read it was maybe late 2021 for release of 1st half of last season, and then 2022 release of final half of final season. This is probably my favorite TV show of the last few years.
Packchem91
Just started the new, 2nd season of Dave. I just watched this out of curiosity last year, and really found it both smartly done and funny. But not one you'd watch with your mom, or with your kids, in the room.

The character Gata, makes me actually laugh out loud, even though I'm not sure I ever fully understand what he is saying.
JocoPack
Packchem91 said:

Just started the new, 2nd season of Dave. I just watched this out of curiosity last year, and really found it both smartly done and funny. But not one you'd watch with your mom, or with your kids, in the room.

The character Gata, makes me actually laugh out loud, even though I'm not sure I ever fully understand what he is saying.

I randomly picked up on this show last year as well. Very well done. Absolutely hilarious albeit raunchy as you mentioned. The one episode about Gata last season was some of the more touching television I've seen in a while too.
wilmwolf
Liking Loki so far. Strangely, of the marvel characters to get their own show, Loki is probably my least favorite, but this show has started better than the previous two.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
statefan91
wilmwolf80 said:

Liking Loki so far. Strangely, of the marvel characters to get their own show, Loki is probably my least favorite, but this show has started better than the previous two.
Really enjoyed the second episode, and interested in who the villain is.
RunsWithWolves26
Wife had gotten me hooked on Riverdale. She started watching then thought I may like it so I watched the first episode. The story line is very entriguing.
JocoPack
Ted Lasso season 2 trailer released today

Steve Williams
Staff
Watched Mare of Easttown which was meh for me. Started Vikings which has been pretty good thus far.
WPNfamily
Clarkson's Farm has been great so far. Glad I checked this thread.
dwanna
Steve Williams said:

Watched Mare of Easttown which was meh for me. Started Vikings which has been pretty good thus far.
I started Vikings with the wife and really liked it, and then we just kinda stopped watching after maybe season 3. I should go back and finish, because I liked that show.
braz213
Vikings season one was great. Then it dropped off for me. I stopped after the 3rd. Kinda like Homeland.
jadawson
just did the deal through amazon prime to stream Showtime shows on prime for $5 for 3 months. Planning on watching Billions and Black Sails which both have great reviews.
statefan91
jadawson said:

just did the deal through amazon prime to stream Showtime shows on prime for $5 for 3 months. Planning on watching Billions and Black Sails which both have great reviews.
Black Sails is also on Hulu if you already have that

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.