NASCAR 2024

94,350 Views | 1687 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by ncsupack1
Wolfer79
How long do you want to ignore this user?

@NBC got 2.3 million viewers for Sunday's NASCAR race at Las Vegas, while @ABC got 1.3 million for the F1 race at COTA.
TheStorm
Wolfer79 said:

@NBC got 2.3 million viewers for Sunday's NASCAR race at Las Vegas, while @ABC got 1.3 million for the F1 race at COTA.

COTA needs to have their NASCAR race pulled for scheduling F1 directly opposite one of The Chase races... you are either with us or against us!
ncsupack1
Cool!

Glasswolf
ncsupack1 said:

Cool!

That's pretty awesome. Saw him talk about it on his Dirty Mo show.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em. Jim Valvano.

Glasswolf
ncsupack1 said:

Glasswolf said:

erniencsu02 said:

Glasswolf said:

ncsupack1 said:

Glasswolf said:

ncsupack1 said:

GetOffMyLawnPack said:

ncsupack1 said:

IIRC, Earnhardt Sr. is buried on that farm? Makes sense for her to sell it though. I have a 1970 Chevy Nova I tinker on, and currently doing an upgrade, but not spending extra $$ on stainless steel tubing as when I'm gone my wife / kids will probably sell it for cents on the dollar.

I'll be honest, not sure where Dale is laid to rest.

The gravesite of Dale Earnhardt Sr. is located on private property in Mooresville, North Carolina. The land where the site sits is owned by Dale Earnhardt Inc.
Okay, didn't know this
And no, visitors(the public) are not allowed.
just wait. Once Teresa needs more wealth she'll start selling burial plots to Earnhardt fans so they can be buried by their favorite driver.
From what I've been told. She's set for life. Not sure why she's selling that property but I can almost promise it's not about the $$$. Dale Earnhardt's collectable's are still selling in the top 3. She owes the rights to everything with the Earnhardt name. Everything.
Hard to say why she is selling, it's hers and she can do what she wants at the end of the day. And to your point, I still see people wearing Dale's shirts and hats at the races. Even see flags, I assume that they aren't Austin fans.
Found this from Dec. 2023:

Dale Earnhardt and Dale Earnhardt Jr. remain two of the most powerful names in NASCAR merchandise. It's been nearly 23 years since Earnhardt Sr. was killed in the 2001 Daytona 500 and six years since Earnhardt Jr. retired from full-time competition. That has done little to curb the sales of Earnhardt-branded merchandise for members of Junior Nation and fans of The Intimidator.
Both Earnhardts landed in the top-15 drivers with the most "trackside" merchandise sales in 2023, per Sports Business Journal. Earnhardt Jr. lands at No. 10 with his late father at No. 12. Put in perspective, Earnhardt Jr. merchandise bested the sales of some of the sport's current biggest names, including William Byron, Denny Hamlin and Alex Bowman.

NASCAR-branded merchandise led the field, understandably so when you consider that includes race-specific products. NASCAR's Most Popular Driver Chase Elliott placed second ahead of teammate Kyle Larson. Kyle Busch, Kevin Harvick, Martin Truex Jr., Ross Chastain, 2023 champion Ryan Blaney and Joey Logano round out the top 10. While these drivers are still at the pinnacle of the sport and in their heydays, they are still only slightly more popular at the trackside shops than an Earnhardt.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em. Jim Valvano.

ncsupack1
Glasswolf said:

ncsupack1 said:

Cool!

That's pretty awesome. Saw him talk about it on his Dirty Mo show.

Cool for sure.
ncsupack1
Glasswolf said:

ncsupack1 said:

Glasswolf said:

erniencsu02 said:

Glasswolf said:

ncsupack1 said:

Glasswolf said:

ncsupack1 said:

GetOffMyLawnPack said:

ncsupack1 said:

IIRC, Earnhardt Sr. is buried on that farm? Makes sense for her to sell it though. I have a 1970 Chevy Nova I tinker on, and currently doing an upgrade, but not spending extra $$ on stainless steel tubing as when I'm gone my wife / kids will probably sell it for cents on the dollar.

I'll be honest, not sure where Dale is laid to rest.

The gravesite of Dale Earnhardt Sr. is located on private property in Mooresville, North Carolina. The land where the site sits is owned by Dale Earnhardt Inc.
Okay, didn't know this
And no, visitors(the public) are not allowed.
just wait. Once Teresa needs more wealth she'll start selling burial plots to Earnhardt fans so they can be buried by their favorite driver.
From what I've been told. She's set for life. Not sure why she's selling that property but I can almost promise it's not about the $$$. Dale Earnhardt's collectable's are still selling in the top 3. She owes the rights to everything with the Earnhardt name. Everything.
Hard to say why she is selling, it's hers and she can do what she wants at the end of the day. And to your point, I still see people wearing Dale's shirts and hats at the races. Even see flags, I assume that they aren't Austin fans.
Found this from Dec. 2023:

Dale Earnhardt and Dale Earnhardt Jr. remain two of the most powerful names in NASCAR merchandise. It's been nearly 23 years since Earnhardt Sr. was killed in the 2001 Daytona 500 and six years since Earnhardt Jr. retired from full-time competition. That has done little to curb the sales of Earnhardt-branded merchandise for members of Junior Nation and fans of The Intimidator.
Both Earnhardts landed in the top-15 drivers with the most "trackside" merchandise sales in 2023, per Sports Business Journal. Earnhardt Jr. lands at No. 10 with his late father at No. 12. Put in perspective, Earnhardt Jr. merchandise bested the sales of some of the sport's current biggest names, including William Byron, Denny Hamlin and Alex Bowman.

NASCAR-branded merchandise led the field, understandably so when you consider that includes race-specific products. NASCAR's Most Popular Driver Chase Elliott placed second ahead of teammate Kyle Larson. Kyle Busch, Kevin Harvick, Martin Truex Jr., Ross Chastain, 2023 champion Ryan Blaney and Joey Logano round out the top 10. While these drivers are still at the pinnacle of the sport and in their heydays, they are still only slightly more popular at the trackside shops than an Earnhardt.

Definitely a good read. And makes a lot of sense.
GetOffMyLawnPack
ncsupack1 said:

Logano is a master at fuel saving.
That was a total team effort. The engine guys had optimized the rate Joey could mash the accelerator and use the least fuel to accelerate. Strategy well thought out. First rate chemistry amongst everyone. And Roger Penske is still a badass.
ncsupack1
GetOffMyLawnPack said:

ncsupack1 said:

Logano is a master at fuel saving.
That was a total team effort. The engine guys had optimized the rate Joey could mash the accelerator and use the least fuel to accelerate. Strategy well thought out. First rate chemistry amongst everyone. And Roger Penske is still a badass.

Completely agree. Everyone had a part. I know the 22 hasn't shown the most speed this year, but they sure do make the least amount of mistakes when it matters. They have the next 2 weeks to get on the sim and get the car ready for the championship. Would not surprise me if Joey wins number 3.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.