NASCAR 2024

63,427 Views | 1388 Replies | Last: 9 min ago by ncsupack1
Wolfer79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
NASCAR
NASCAR Cup Series
Grant Park 165, Chicago Street Course, Chicago, IL
Announcers: booth Rick Allen/Steve Letarte//Turns 1 & 6 Mike Bagley//Turn 4 Dillon Welch//Turn 11 Jeff Burton//Pit Reporters Dave Burns/Kim Coon/Parker Kligerman/Marty Snider
Race NBC/Peacock, 4:30 p.m
Announcers: Marty Snider/Brad Daugherty/Dale Jarrett
Countdown to Green: Chicago NBC/Peacock, 4 p.m.
PossumJenkins
I caught the first half of yesterday and the racing between SVG and Larson was world class. Really high level stuff. Was so good that Dinger stuffed himself into the wall trying to keep up. Giggles
ncsupack1
PossumJenkins said:

I caught the first half of yesterday and the racing between SVG and Larson was world class. Really high level stuff. Was so good that Dinger stuffed himself into the wall trying to keep up. Giggles
You find it funny as well? AJ sure has had a rough go here of late.
Glasswolf
Should be some interesting racing today. Everyone is behaving so far after 3 laps lol
Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

ncsupack1
Agree. So far pretty good. Hearing on the scanner that the track is about dry.
Glasswolf
ncsupack1 said:

Gary Hahn voice: Check that.

ncsupack1
Glasswolf said:

ncsupack1 said:

lol…right?
caryking
Glasswolf said:

ncsupack1 said:

Classic!
caryking
This is like those Japanese guys and their drifting racing…
Glasswolf
SVG is out.

caryking
SVG done! That sucks!!!
ncsupack1
NASCAR needs to stop this shi$ show. Do what you do best…lord.
Glasswolf
Made a comment on PP that this is entertaining for the fans/viewers but the drivers have to hate this.

ncsupack1
Glasswolf said:

Made a comment on PP that this is entertaining for the fans/viewers but the drivers have to hate this.

Berry said that you can't see anything. About to cover the cars. What a crap show….
caryking
ncsupack1 said:

You know.. I was not going to watch this race; however, it has been "somewhat" entertaining. That said, I would bring NASCAR back to its southern roots. Reduce the number of races to 25, keep the majority in the south, and bring back the avid fan!
Glasswolf
ncsupack1 said:

Glasswolf said:

Berry said that you can't see anything. About to cover the cars. What a crap show….
Starting to look like darkness may play a factor before long.

ncsupack1
Glasswolf said:

ncsupack1 said:

Glasswolf said:

Starting to look like darkness may play a factor before long.

Glasswolf
Absolute **** show. Like I said, I really enjoyed last years race and same with the Xfinity
race yesterday. Everything they did right the last 2 Chicago races gets wiped out. I know they can't control the weather but still. Mean while yesterday in Daytona at this time is was partly cloudy and 83 degrees. Right now it's 78 degrees and mostly sunny in Daytona.

Glasswolf
Congrats to Alex Bowman. Race did end up being somewhat decent.

TheStorm
What a damn **** show.

First, NBC prioritizes the Indy Car race scheduling-wise... pushing the NASCAR start time into the late afternoon during the middle of the summer - in CHICAGO (if you've ever flown through Chicago, you know this needs no further explanation).

I tuned out after they stopped the race. Rain or no rain. Course too tight for NASCAR, especially Cup cars... if I wanted to watch Formula 1, I would just do that.

Sorry about Boris Said getting wrecked.

*Just looked at the rest of the schedule and thank god that there are no more **** tracks left for the remainder of the year.
caryking
TheStorm said:

What a damn **** show.

First, NBC prioritizes the Indy Car race scheduling-wise... pushing the NASCAR start time into the late afternoon during the middle of the summer - in CHICAGO (if you've ever flown through Chicago, you know this needs no further explanation).

I tuned out after they stopped the race. Rain or no rain. Course too tight for NASCAR, especially Cup cars... if I wanted to watch Formula 1, I would just do that.

*Just looked at the rest of the schedule and thank god that there are no more **** tracks left for the remainder of the year.
Like I said above… it's time for NASCAR to consider its roots…. Get back to a southern sport. The following tracks should have two dates:

Charlotte
Darlington
Daytona
Martinsville
Talladega
Nashville
Richmond
Bristol

The following should have at least one date:

Rockingham
Wilkesboro
Homestead

I think that covers your southern tracks. Any other tracks to consider, not in the south, should only get one date. Again, I would cut back the number of dates to 25. This should allow smaller teams to compete better (I think).
ncsupack1
caryking said:

TheStorm said:

What a damn **** show.

Like I said above… it's time for NASCAR to consider its roots…. Get back to a southern sport. The following tracks should have two dates:

Charlotte
Darlington
Daytona
Martinsville
Talladega
Nashville
Richmond
Bristol

Rockingham
Wilkesboro
Homestead

I think that covers your southern tracks. Any other tracks to consider, not in the south, should only get one date. Agin, I would cut back the number of dates to 25. This should allow smaller teams to compete better (I think).

Good luck with this.
caryking
ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

TheStorm said:

What a damn **** show.

Charlotte
Darlington
Daytona
Martinsville
Talladega
Nashville
Richmond
Bristol

Rockingham
Wilkesboro
Homestead

I think that covers your southern tracks. Any other tracks to consider, not in the south, should only get one date. Agin, I would cut back the number of dates to 25. This should allow smaller teams to compete better (I think).

Good luck with this.
Yea, I know… this is what I would do; however, my last name isn't France, so I do not see it happenning…
ncsupack1
caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

TheStorm said:

What a damn **** show.

Charlotte
Darlington
Daytona
Martinsville
Talladega
Nashville
Richmond
Bristol

Rockingham
Wilkesboro
Homestead

Good luck with this.
Yea, I know… this is what I would do; however, my last name isn't France, so I do not see it happenning…

True. Neither is mine.
Wolfer79

Monday, July 8
1 a.m., NASCAR Race Hub: Best of Radioactive (re-air), FS2
2 a.m., I Am Kevin Harvick (re-air), FS2
3 a.m., NASCAR Race Hub Presents: Retro Radioactive (re-air), FS2
4 a.m., NASCAR Race Hub Presents: For The Win (re-air), FS2
10 p.m., Greatest Races: NASCAR (re-air), FS2

Tuesday, July 9
1 a.m., Greatest Races: NASCAR (re-air), FS2
4 a.m., NASCAR Race Classic: 1993 Daytona 500 (re-air), FS2
4:30 a.m., NASCAR Race Classic: 1998 Daytona 500 (re-air), FS2

Wednesday, July 10

Thursday, July 11
7 p.m., NASCAR Canada Series at Ohsweken Speedway, FloRacing

Friday, July 12
2 p.m., NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series: Practice and Qualifying at Pocono Raceway, FS2
5:30 p.m., NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series: CRC Brakleen 175 at Pocono Raceway, FS1
6:30 p.m., NASCAR Weekly Racing at Autodrome Granby, FloRacing

Saturday, July 13

Midnight, NASCAR Race Hub Presents: The Victory Lap (re-air), FS2
12:30 a.m., NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series: CRC Brakleen 175 at Pocono Raceway (re-air), FS2
2:30 a.m., NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series: CRC Brakleen 175 at Pocono Raceway (re-air), FS1
8:15 a.m., IMSA VP Racing SportsCar Challenge Race 1 at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park, Peacock
8:30 a.m., NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series: CRC Brakleen 175 at Pocono Raceway (re-air), FS2
10 a.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series: Practice and Qualifying at Pocono Raceway, USA
11:30 a.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Victory Lane Review, USA
Noon, NASCAR Cup Series: Practice and Qualifying at Pocono Raceway, USA
1:20 p.m., IMSA Michelin Pilot Challenge at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park, Peacock
2 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Victory Lane Review, USA
2:30 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series: Countdown to Green, USA
3 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series: Explore The Pocono Mountains 225 at Pocono Raceway, USA
3:30 p.m., NASCAR Weekly Racing at South Boston Speedway, FloRacing
3:55 p.m., IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship: Qualifying at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park, Peacock
4:15 p.m., NASCAR Weekly Racing at Jennerstown Speedway, FloRacing
4:30 p.m., NASCA Weekly Racing at Riverhead Raceway, FloRacing
5 p.m., NASCAR Xfinity Series: Post-Race Show, USA
7 p.m., NASCAR Weekly Racing at Florence Motor Speedway, FloRacing
7 p.m., NASCAR Weekly Racing at Langley Speedway, FloRacing
7:45 p.m., NASCAR Weekly Racing at Bowman Gray Stadium, FloRacing

Sunday, July 14

4 a.m., NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series: CRC Brakleen 175 at Pocono Raceway (re-air), FS2
9 a.m., NASCAR Youth Series at Pocono, FloRacing
11 a.m., IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship: Chevrolet Grand Prix at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park, USA and Peacock
2 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Countdown to Green, USA
2:30 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: The Great American Getaway 400 Presented by VISITPA.com at Pocono Raceway, USA
3:30 p.m., IMSA VP Racing SportsCar Challenge Race 2 at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park, Peacock
6 p.m., NASCAR Cup Series: Post-Race Show, USA

Editor's note: 2024 NASCAR TV Schedule is updated weekly throughout the season.

GetOffMyLawnPack
ncsupack1 said:

The race almost seemed like a side show to a Chicago street fest with bands, food trucks, etc. Once the rain came, the performers finished, and the food trucks left, there was hardly anyone left to watch the end of the race.

Yes, I agree, the teams must hate this race. Like Bristol, you take your most beaten up car to this race as aero has no significance and you know what the narrow track is about.
Glasswolf
GetOffMyLawnPack said:

ncsupack1 said:

The race almost seemed like a side show to a Chicago street fest with bands, food trucks, etc. Once the rain came, the performers finished, and the food trucks left, there was hardly anyone left to watch the end of the race.

Yes, I agree, the teams must hate this race. Like Bristol, you take your most beaten up car to this race as aero has no significance and you know what the narrow track is about.

As a 50+ NASCAR fan I actually do enjoy the racing at Chicago. It just needs to be on another date with an earlier start. Bring back the tracks that made NASCAR. I don't care if anyone in the Midwest or west coast is watching.

Wolfer79
.@SugarlandsShine will advertise fresh packaging for its Sippin' Cream line including its new Birthday Cake Sippin' Cream with a paint scheme this weekend at Pocono.

The NASCAR activation is with @JTGRacing, which will also have social media content on it throughout the week.

ncsupack1
Glasswolf said:

GetOffMyLawnPack said:

ncsupack1 said:

As a 50+ NASCAR fan I actually do enjoy the racing at Chicago. It just needs to be on another date with an earlier start. Bring back the tracks that made NASCAR. I don't care if anyone in the Midwest or west coast is watching.
The problem with this is that some of these tracks have attendance problems. ie Richmond is losing a date next year. If NASCAR goes to these small tracks with low number grandstands, how are the tracks going to pay the purse?
TheStorm
ncsupack1 said:

Glasswolf said:

GetOffMyLawnPack said:

ncsupack1 said:

The problem with this is that some of these tracks have attendance problems. ie Richmond is losing a date next year. If NASCAR goes to these small tracks with low number grandstands, how are the tracks going to pay the purse?
Wow. I can't believe that Richmond is losing one of their dates? That really sucks... but some of you guys (not me though!) really liked that track out in Iowa a few weeks back.

Honestly, I was shocked to see how many of the tracks that historically had two races, now only have one.
ncsupack1
TheStorm said:

ncsupack1 said:

Glasswolf said:

GetOffMyLawnPack said:

ncsupack1 said:

Wow. I can't believe that Richmond is losing one of their dates? That really sucks... but some of you guys (not me though!) really liked that track out in Iowa a few weeks back.

Honestly, I was shocked to see how many of the tracks that historically had two races, now only have one.
Yeah, I'm a season ticket holder at Richmond, and to be honest, I'm not sure it needs two dates. The fans just haven't came in numbers to support it. Now, NASCAR didn't do them any favors this year, having Martinsville, Darlington I believe all in a short period of time. But the decline has been there. It's been a few years, but lots of tracks have lost a date. I will miss the two dates though. One of my fav.
PossumJenkins
ncsupack1 said:

Glasswolf said:

GetOffMyLawnPack said:

ncsupack1 said:

This opens up the point as to why it will never return to just a Southern sport. The tracks could pay the purse if not a single person showed up to the event. That's not hyperbole. I know that to be true from friends both at ISC and SMI. The TV money the tracks get dwarfs the at-track rev and it's not close. There are more eyeballs across the country than there are just in the South...and that's what the effort to expand has been about.
ncsupack1
PossumJenkins said:

ncsupack1 said:

Glasswolf said:

GetOffMyLawnPack said:

ncsupack1 said:

This opens up the point as to why it will never return to just a Southern sport. The tracks could pay the purse if not a single person showed up to the event. That's not hyperbole. I know that to be true from friends both at ISC and SMI. The TV money the tracks get dwarfs the at-track rev and it's not close. There are more eyeballs across the country than there are just in the South...and that's what the effort to expand has been about.

Agree with the tv money. The tracks get a tone. But the sport is bigger now than just the south. I'll add this, for the amount of money the tracks get, some look like 1982 on the inside.
Glasswolf

ncsupack1
Glasswolf said:

Good numbers. Cup wasn't bad either.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.