NASCAR 2020/2021

79,313 Views | 1160 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Bell Tower Grey
Wolfer79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Kyle Busch wins Xfinity race
Bell Tower Grey
Wolfer79 said:

Well, for a little while he did:

By
Staff Report NASCAR.com July 18, 2020 at 6:42 PM

Kyle Busch was disqualified from an apparent victory in the NASCAR Xfinity Series on Saturday after his Joe Gibbs Racing No. 54 Toyota failed post-race inspection at Texas Motor Speedway.
Busch's car was found out of compliance with the height requirements, according to the NASCAR Rule Book. That ruling elevated Austin Cindric, who was the second driver to take the checkered flag, to his third Xfinity Series victory of the year in the My Bariatric Solutions 300. It also sent Busch's No. 54 to last place in the 37-car field.
Wolfer79
Bell Tower Grey said:

Wolfer79 said:

Well, for a little while he did:

By
Staff Report NASCAR.com July 18, 2020 at 6:42 PM

Kyle Busch was disqualified from an apparent victory in the NASCAR Xfinity Series on Saturday after his Joe Gibbs Racing No. 54 Toyota failed post-race inspection at Texas Motor Speedway.
Busch's car was found out of compliance with the height requirements, according to the NASCAR Rule Book. That ruling elevated Austin Cindric, who was the second driver to take the checkered flag, to his third Xfinity Series victory of the year in the My Bariatric Solutions 300. It also sent Busch's No. 54 to last place in the 37-car field.

heard that this morning

thank you for updating
Wolfer79
NASCAR
NASCAR Cup Series
O'Reilly Auto Parts 500, Texas Motor Speedway, Fort Worth, TX
Race NBCSN, 3 p.m.

Countdown to Green NBCSN, 2:30 p.m.
NASCAR Cup Series Post Race NBCSN, 7 p.m.
ncsupack1
Ha...forgot they have height rules in Xfinity. Hopefully we see some good racing today!
Wolfer79
NASCAR Texas ratings:
-- Rating ties record-low, viewership lowest since at least 2001
-- Down 2% from NH on same weekend last year
-- Second-most watched Cup Series race on cable this year
-- Comfortably tops last year's NBCSN opener at Chicagoland

Wolfer79
#NASCAR will not have practice and qualifying the rest of the year for Cup, Xfinity and Trucks.

Wolfer79
Wolfer79
ncsupack1
Not bad. Do like the no practice rule. Saves money.
Packchem91
ncsupack1 said:

Not bad. Do like the no practice rule. Saves money.
But Kyle Busch whines, errr, weeps.
BP Cox
Staff
Putting money on Harvick to win it all.
IPS Photojournalist
@BPCox_
ncsupack1
Lol...been fun listening to him cry about it.
Wolfer79
NASCAR
NASCAR Cup Series
Super Start Batteries 400, Kansas Speedway, Kansas City, KS
Race NBCSN, 7:30 p.m.

NASCAR America NBCSN, 6:30 p.m.
Countdown to Green NBCSN, 7 p.m.
NASCAR Cup Series Post-Race Show NBCSN, 11 p.m.
TraCha4
Excited about tonight. Some NASCAR and some baseball to watch on tv.
Wolfer79
.@LFR95 owner @BLeavine has solicited prospective bids for the team in recent months, per sources, as he evaluates his future in the sport amid the financial fallout of the coronavirus pandemic.

Bidders could not yet be confirmed but asking price in mid to high seven figures.

Wolfer79
Wolfer79
START: The command to start engines will be given by Kansas City Chiefs defensive tackle Chris Jones at 7:38 p.m. The green flag is scheduled to wave at
ncsupack1
Well another TRD alliance is selling...sucks...
Wolfer79
CHECKERED FLAG: Thursday Night Thunder!

@dennyhamlin wins the #SuperStartBatteries400 at @kansasspeedway!

Results:

Packchem91
Wolfer79 said:

CHECKERED FLAG: Thursday Night Thunder!

@dennyhamlin wins the #SuperStartBatteries400 at @kansasspeedway!

Results:

I know he fell back a bit at very end, but the Harvick / Hamlin back and forths this season seem to be the story. Those two guys are dominant.

That Ryan Preece stepped right out of his car and appeared to be 100% fine after the near head on collision with the inside wall at speed again highlights how safety features have continued to improve and protect drivers. That was scary.

The restarts were entertaining at KC, but after that....meh....
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Sports Media Watch

Midweek NASCAR struggled in the ratings even when there was no competition, so it is no surprise that the latest effort hit a record-low opposite MLB Opening Night.

Thursday's NASCAR Cup Series race from Kansas averaged a 0.9 rating and 1.47 million viewers on NBCSN, marking the least-watched Cup race on any network since at least 2001. The previous low was 1.51 million for another midweek race this season, Charlotte on FS1 in May. The 0.9 rating tied Charlotte as the lowest since at least '01.

Midweek races now account for the three smallest Cup Series audiences since at least 2000, with Martinsville in June ranking third (1.71M).
ncsupack1
Wolfer79 said:

Sports Media Watch

Midweek NASCAR struggled in the ratings even when there was no competition, so it is no surprise that the latest effort hit a record-low opposite MLB Opening Night.

Thursday's NASCAR Cup Series race from Kansas averaged a 0.9 rating and 1.47 million viewers on NBCSN, marking the least-watched Cup race on any network since at least 2001. The previous low was 1.51 million for another midweek race this season, Charlotte on FS1 in May. The 0.9 rating tied Charlotte as the lowest since at least '01.

Midweek races now account for the three smallest Cup Series audiences since at least 2000, with Martinsville in June ranking third (1.71M).

I know NASCAR has had to mix things up to get the races in but hopefully when things get to normal the mid week racing goes away. I also don't think fans would go either. Racing is for Saturday and Sunday...the numbers prove it. Heck, even I hate mid week racing...too long and start late.
Steve Williams
Staff
Watched a really cool show last night on FS1- three segments, one on Neil Bonnett, his friendship with Dale Earnardt and desire to get back in the car after a serious crash- a move that would ultimately cost him his life. Also a segment on a young girl building go-Karts for others to race and then a story of when Petty, Buddy Baker, Darrell Waltrip, Bobby Allison, Yarborough and David Pearson all made a country music album. Pretty funny stuff listening to them talk about it.
ncsupack1
Those shows on FS1 are pretty cool
TraCha4
I watched that too. Very interesting. I enjoyed that.
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
NASCAR
NASCAR Gander RV & Outdoors Truck Series
Early Pregnancy Test 200 (yes, that's the name), Kansas Speedway, Kansas City KS
Race FS1, 1:30 p.m.

NASCAR RaceDay FS1, 1 p.m.

NASCAR Xfinity Series
Kansas Lottery, 250, Kansas Speedway, Kansas City, KS
Race NBCSN, 5 p.m.

Countdown to Green NBCSN, 4:30 p.m.

Wolfer79

Maurice Petty, the man who supplied the horsepower that propelled his brother Richard Petty to nearly all of his 200 NASCAR Cup Series victories and seven NASCAR Cup Series championships, has died. He was 81.

The man simply called "Chief" was one of the best engine builders in the history of the sport, and an often behind-the-scenes member of the Petty dynasty. Maurice was the fourth member of the family dynasty to be inducted into the NASCAR Hall of Fame following his older brother Richard, father Lee Petty and his cousin Dale Inman.

"Never did. Didn't then and don't right now," Maurice Petty said in 2013 when asked if he'd felt passed over in previous years. "It really makes me happy, because that means I was part of all of them getting in. They've got all of us in now."

Petty, born in 1939 in Level Cross, North Carolina, was the first engine builder to be inducted into the prestigious Hall of Fame. He is credited with 212 wins as an engine builder, according to Richard Petty Motorsports. The stock-car racing pioneer also served as the occasional crew chief and was later the team's general manager.

"The 'Chief' was one of the most talented mechanics in NASCAR history," Jim France, NASCAR Chairman and CEO, said in a statement. "He provided the power that helped Petty Enterprises define dominance in sports. While he was known for his work under the hood, Maurice played multiple "behind-the-scenes" roles, doing whatever it took to help deliver his cars to Victory Lane. On behalf of the France family, I offer my condolences to the friends and family of Maurice Petty, a true NASCAR giant."

Maurice had a brief driving career 26 premier series races with seven top-five and 16 top-10 finishes between 1960 and 1964 but found his calling in the shop.

Petty, 21 months younger than his elder sibling Richard, overcame polio as a child. Both Richard and Maurice worked on their father's pit crew as teenagers. He later consulted with Dodge upon its return to NASCAR's premier series in 2001.

Maurice built the engines that carried his brother to 198 of his NASCAR record 200 career wins. He also built engines that put drivers such as Buddy Baker, Pete Hamilton and Jim Paschal in Victory Lane.

"I was one of the first (engine builders), so it makes you like a pioneer or something," Petty said in 2013. "We had three or four guys helping out, but not the whole time. We did it the hard way.

"I came along and I have welded, swept the floors and I drove. I did it all up until a point in 1964, that's when I turned it all into building the engines."

Upon Maurice being voted into the Hall of Fame, Richard Petty said that without his younger brother's talents, "then there wouldn't have been a Richard Petty or a Lee Petty or a Dale Inman accomplishing the things that (we) did accomplish.

"He is the engine man that everybody has to compete against."

Leonard Wood, whose Wood Brothers Racing team often found itself going head-to-head with Petty Enterprises for supremacy in the sport, said Maurice "was doing just about everything right."

"A very tough competitor who took his job very seriously," Wood said in 2013. "You've got all those people you know you have to beat each and every week, but you knew when you went out that if you could beat him, you could win the race.

"All those years he built all those engines for the Pettys, his engines always ran up front; just very hard to beat."

https://m.nascar.com/news-media/2020/07/25/maurice-petty-nascar-hall-of-fame-engine-builder-dies/
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Adam Stern

.@StevePhelps says that NASCAR recognizes that ratings for midweek races have been lower than what the sport usually gets on weekends, but too early to say whether there will be some in '21.

: "Do I think it's the last midweek race we'll ever have at NASCAR? I don't think so." https://t.co/A1SdqP73hY
Wolfer79
.@NASCAR's 2021 schedule could come out as soon as August, per @StevePhelps. https://t.co/IUDblOk6Q6

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.