NASCAR 2020/2021

79,322 Views | 1160 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Bell Tower Grey
Wolfer79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
"I feel pain for you to have to carry that memory, but you carry it for me... you carry it for anyone who's ever cheered for him."

Before @DaleJr let Ken Schrader leave the @DirtyMoMedia studio, he shared an emotional message on what he means to the Earnhardt family. #DJD https://t.co/yuUtVhuJcB
Steve Williams
Staff
Really hope NASCAR continues to run without the fans. Damn, we need something to watch and with nothing else on, could expose the sport to others that have never watched.
Colonel Armstrong
Yeah this is a big opportunity for the sport and a good morale boost for Americans
ncsupack1
Steve Williams said:

Really hope NASCAR continues to run without the fans. Damn, we need something to watch and with nothing else on, could expose the sport to others that have never watched.

Agree. We need something to watch. I have my doubts tho. Hopefully I'm wrong.
Glasswolf
Wolfer79 said:

"I feel pain for you to have to carry that memory, but you carry it for me... you carry it for anyone who's ever cheered for him."

Before @DaleJr let Ken Schrader leave the @DirtyMoMedia studio, he shared an emotional message on what he means to the Earnhardt family. #DJD https://t.co/yuUtVhuJcB
That was a very good segment of Jr's podcast
Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

ncsupack1
Dang next two races postponed.....gotta find something to do for the next couple of weekends...looks like bass fishing with the weather being warm....
Bell Tower Grey
Steve Williams said:

This is their biggest opportunity to come back since Dale died. Hopefully, someone besides a France will make sure to take full advantage of it.
Steve Williams
Staff
ncsupack1 said:

Dang next two races postponed.....gotta find something to do for the next couple of weekends...looks like bass fishing with the weather being warm....
This decision just made zero sense to me.
Wolfer79
ncsupack1
Steve Williams said:

ncsupack1 said:

This decision just made zero sense to me.

I don't have any inside info, but I'm starting to think this is a tv thing and not nascar....seemed strange when FS1 stopped during in studio broadcast...jmo
Pakbackr
Stupid decision to not run the NASCAR races without fans! Missed opportunity to win back lost fans and to fill a huge sports void on TV!
DirtPitPacker
Watching the iRace on FS1. I can see Nascar cup series transitioning to this being sponsored / owned by organized gambling.
packgrad
I wanted to actually watch this week, as last week received a lot of positive feedback. Instead, I am at Lowe's with my wife and half of Durham looking for projects to do outside.
ncsupack1
Not a bad race. I don't mind it right now cause that's all we got, but it isn't the same as the real thing. But we knew that already going into it.
Steve Williams
Staff
It's crazy to me how real it looks. A lot of fun though with nothing else on. At least it's something.
ncsupack1
Steve Williams said:

It's crazy to me how real it looks. A lot of fun though with nothing else on. At least it's something.

Agree, better than nothing.
TraCha4
This past weekend was a good example of how this can give exposure to drivers that normally don't get any. In these i races each car has the same setup so all drivers are on a level playing field. I actually enjoyed it.
ncsupack1
Looks like the Next Gen Car is being pushed back. IMO....this is for the best.....NASCAR has to get this new car right. Not sure what this all means for the teams tho.
Steve Williams
Staff
Appears we're going to go back racing in May without fans. Goodness we need something. Anything.
Packchem91
Steve Williams said:

Appears we're going to go back racing in May without fans. Goodness we need something. Anything.
I think it will be a huge ratings winner. The season already seemed a little more entertaining before it shut down, and now you have an American viewing audience with lots of time to watch, and desperate for live sports.

NASCAR has so far been the most creative "league" out there with the eracing and now this kind of proposed schedule.
Tootie4Pack
Will certainly be interesting with completely empty stands. I mean, attendance at Nascar races has been declining anyway, but completely empty stands is another thing.

I have been a season ticket holder at Bristol since 1995 for both races. This is the first year that I decided not to re-order. Was just getting tougher to go, especially the Spring race, with other things taking a priority in life (my Mom has dementia and we have her at home with 24 hour care. It just takes time).

I can see the day time races being interesting to watch, but the night race at Bristol is something to see in person. Will be very interesting to see if they allow any fans back to races in early September at that race.
And if you have never been to the night race, it is definitely worth the time. It usually is a whole lot of fun.

Same for Daytona. And since they have completely re-modeled all of the seating at Daytona and we got out of those folding metal chairs that were bolted down to wood and got some modern, more comfortable seats, that is also a great place to watch a race.
statefan91
I think this will be the first time I start watching NASCAR races, just to have some type of live sporting event.
ncsupack1
It's great to watch, but even better in person...hope you like it!
ncsupack1
We are season ticket holders for Charlotte, Richmond, and Martinsville...I'll never give them up...lol...but then again we hit up about 8 races a year...but also understand what one has to do.
Steve Williams
Staff
ncsupack1 said:

It's great to watch, but even better in person...hope you like it!
This is absolutely true.
ncsupack1
Having a cold beer and about to watch the North Wilksboro race.
Tootie4Pack
Yes it is pretty cool. I give Dale Jr credit for getting the. I - Series folks up there and cleaning up the track and scanning it. His Dirty Mo Media program has a great 15 minute video about getting the track ready.

I was fortunate to go to many races up there, and was at the last race in 1996. A great, great race track. Down hill on the front stretch and up hill on the back stretch.

I wish it was still open and holding races. But this show today is really cool to watch.
ncsupack1
Tootie4Pack said:

Yes it is pretty cool. I give Dale Jr credit for getting the. I - Series folks up there and cleaning up the track and scanning it. His Dirty Mo Media program has a great 15 minute video about getting the track ready.

I was fortunate to go to many races up there, and was at the last race in 1996. A great, great race track. Down hill on the front stretch and up hill on the back stretch.

I wish it was still open and holding races. But this show today is really cool to watch.

Ioved watching it today.
Wolfer79
NEW this morning from @A_S12: NASCAR is planning to convert part of the Chicagoland Speedway into an industrial park. This comes after all of the track's 2020 events had been canceled and most of it's work force laid off. More details (open)

edit I am being told that this is excess property and the track
: https://t.co/BiMuZlgjXO https://t.co/qqXEZXcoai
Wolfer79
https://www.jayski.com/2020/05/11/future-of-chicagoland-speedway-in-doubt/

UPDATE 2: The future of the Chicagoland Speedway will not be affected by plans for a new industrial complex and the track itself, will be spared, Kickin' the Tires (KTT) has confirmed.

"Yes, the track would remain," said Michael Schwarz, Joliet's Director of the city's Planning Commission told KTT via email. "The proposed sale only involves accessory parking on the east side of the property.

According to records, Hillwood Investments Partners is applying for the subdivision on behalf of NASCAR Enterprises LLC, which owns 100 percent of Chicagoland Speedway, LLC. Even though the final plat encompasses about half of the track, warehouses planned for the site would not interfere
ncsupack1
Wolfer79 said:

https://www.jayski.com/2020/05/11/future-of-chicagoland-speedway-in-doubt/

UPDATE 2: The future of the Chicagoland Speedway will not be affected by plans for a new industrial complex and the track itself, will be spared, Kickin' the Tires (KTT) has confirmed.

"Yes, the track would remain," said Michael Schwarz, Joliet's Director of the city's Planning Commission told KTT via email. "The proposed sale only involves accessory parking on the east side of the property.

According to records, Hillwood Investments Partners is applying for the subdivision on behalf of NASCAR Enterprises LLC, which owns 100 percent of Chicagoland Speedway, LLC. Even though the final plat encompasses about half of the track, warehouses planned for the site would not interfere

NASCAR is looking to develop unused land around their tracks. I don't see them selling tracks tho. Auto Club is another one I think they are looking at.
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
https://www.espn.com/racing/nascar/story/_/id/29175776/ryan-newman-says-feels-walking-miracle-daytona-500-crash?platform=amp&__twitter_impression=true

Ryan Newman says he feels like a 'walking miracle' after Daytona 500 crash
Wolfer79
https://www.wralsportsfan.com/keselowski-draws-pole-for-nascars-return-to-darlington/19098910/

Series officials split the drivers into three groups of 12 based on points, filling spots 1-12, 13-24 and 25-36 with a random draw. Now, without qualifications, practice runs or fans, those cars will line up on one of NASCAR's most prestigious tracks for the first major race since March

Brad Keselowski celebrated his first pole win of the season and perhaps the most memorable of his career from afar.

He will be joined on the front row by Alex Bowman of Hendrick Motorsports. Matt DiBenedetto, Kyle Busch and Aric Almirola close out the top five starting spots
ncsupack1
Happy race day everybody!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.