NASCAR 2020/2021

79,117 Views | 1160 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Bell Tower Grey
ncsupack1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Not bad at all.
Wolfer79
TheStorm
Wolfer79 said:

Heck, I forget that Jimmie is even still racing... has felt that way the entire year...
Wolfer79
TheStorm said:

Wolfer79 said:

Heck, I forget that Jimmie is even still racing... has felt that way the entire year...

NASCAR being NASCAR i thought they would find a way to put Johnson in Chase.

of course, I thought NASCAR would find a way for Ryan Newman to win a race after Daytona crash
Wolfer79
Filed to ESPN: "This was definitely not how this was supposed to go down." Jimmie Johnson is approaching his final race as a full-time #NASCAR racer with one grateful eye in the rearview mirror and one excited eye pointed toward what's next. https://t.co/0Ov5sxyJbE
ncsupack1
Lol...on track yes....but ol Jeff Gordon loves him some JJ...lol
Wolfer79
Last Sunday's NASCAR Cup Series playoff race at Martinsville (Va.) averaged a 1.65 rating and 2.72 million viewers on NBC, marking the most-watched fall race at the track since 2017 (2.78M). Ratings increased 20% and viewership 21% from last year, when the race aired on NBCSN (1.4, 2.25M).

Unlike last year, Martinsville was the penultimate race of the season. Compared to last year's penultimate race Phoenix on the NBC broadcast network ratings inched up 1% (from 1.63) and viewership 6% (from 2.57M).

The race snapped a streak of six straight to decline to multi-year lows (excluding makeup races). It was the first race to increase since Darlington on Labor Day weekend.

Even with the increase, Chase Elliott's win ranks as the fourth-lowest rated and fifth-least watched Cup Series race on broadcast TV since at least 2000. Five of the seven least-watched have come this year.

The previous day's Xfinity Series race at Martinsville averaged a 0.8 and 1.32 million on NBC. It was the first Xfinity race at the track since 2006.

In other action, Sunday's Formula 1 Romagna Grand Prix averaged a 0.31 and 512,000 on ESPN2. It was the first edition of the race.

The NHRA season finale at Las Vegas averaged a 0.14 and 232,000 on FS1. Figures for last year's finale at Pomona (Ca.) were not available.

Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Longtime @JimmieJohnson partners are rolling out tributes ahead of his final full-time #NASCAR Cup Series race this weekend, including Chevrolet's full-page ad in USA Today consisting of 120 tributes from fans and industry members (@A_S12).

Free to read: https://t.co/nG1PzILrd2
Wolfer79
TheStorm
I'm pulling for Elliott... just wish he had stayed in the 24 though (although I do like Byron just fine as well)...
Wolfer79
TheStorm said:

I'm pulling for Elliott... just wish he had stayed in the 24 though (although I do like Byron just fine as well)...

my NASCAR conspiracy has Elliott winning championship
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
ncsupack1
All comes down to this...my pick is Brad K. The 9 is having some issues making it threw tech.
Wolfer79
Happy #NASCAR Championship Sunday! Who are the Championship 4, how did they get here and what are their chances in tonight's Battle Royal? Here's our ESPN title bout primer.
https://t.co/lOyjfV2xV7
Wolfer79
Wolfer79 said:

TheStorm said:

we look smarter now
TraCha4
Happy for Chase. Looking forward to 2021 season. Hendrick Motorsports could be nasty next year.
Steve Williams
Staff
Really happy for Chase. Man, he had a strong car. Maybe it's just me but is Phoenix really the best place for the final race? I get the weather part of it but from an entertainment standpoint that track is way down my list of favorites. Why the heck can't Daytona be NASCAR's Super Bowl? I know you risk everyone getting knocked out but hey, that's what makes it exciting.
ciscopack
I know a lady from the Zebulon area and her husband were at the pool room in Dawsonville during the race. She's a Chase fan.
ncsupack1
Congrats to the 9 team, Chase a a very strong car yesterday. Overall a great race.
TheStorm
Wolfer79 said:

Wolfer79 said:

TheStorm said:

we look smarter now
LOL... I think that made you 1 of 4 on your NASCAR conspiracy theories... let me see if I remember correctly... Gordon, Junior, Johnson and now Elliott.

Obviously not a Hendrick fan I take it?

Chase started in the back and drove his way to the front... no magical cautions... no phantom debris on the track... and then when he got to the front?

He drove away from them. Enough said.
Wolfer79
Filed to ESPN: The #NASCAR coronation we'd been waiting for nearly 25 years happened at Phoenix on Sunday night. And yes, that's the length of @chaseelliott's entire life. We've all known of him that long. https://t.co/8eC8IzSJDA
SupplyChainPack
take it to another topic
Bell Tower Grey
Good for him. The young man ran a solid race on Sunday. Hope he stays humble, and hungry. Certainly don't want him to go all Rob Moroso.
Wolfer79
.@ChaseElliott's first Cup Series title resulted in the most first-day merchandise sales of any NASCAR champion in the last decade.

ncsupack1
Great racing season and can't wait for next year...got the whole season in....big IMO.....the sport is heading in the right direction...
Bell Tower Grey
I should not have looked at this pic with all the dust in the air in this room....

The Man, holding a future champion.
Wolfer79
Bell Tower Grey said:

I should not have looked at this pic with all the dust in the air in this room....

The Man, holding a future champion.

I saw that post race yesterday

dust storm blew through my living room
Wolfer79
TheStorm said:

Wolfer79 said:

Wolfer79 said:

TheStorm said:

we look smarter now
LOL... I think that made you 1 of 4 on your NASCAR conspiracy theories... let me see if I remember correctly... Gordon, Junior, Johnson and now Elliott.

Obviously not a Hendrick fan I take it?

you left out Newman winning this year after Daytona wreck
Wolfer79
Adam Stern

.@RyanPreece_ is expected to renew with @JTGRacing and return to the No. 37 next year, per sources. https://t.co/aH0ejJJpbP
Wolfer79
Adam Stern

NASCAR charters are starting to appreciate in value, bolstered by the new business model that's set to dramatically reduce operating costs.

NASCAR's @SPrime9, who helps run the system: "In a year of incredible uncertainty, there has never been more demand for NASCAR charters." https://t.co/PQwcN6cVKl
Wolfer79
Adam Stern

Kaulig Racing owner @MattKaulig is already in the market looking for a charter for 2022, per sources.

Kaulig told SBJ: "While we are always keeping our eyes and ears open for a possible purchase of a charter for 2022, our main priority right now is 2021." https://t.co/3VJAELTVVd
ncsupack1
Very nice to hear, hope it continues.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.