NASCAR 2020/2021

79,325 Views | 1160 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Bell Tower Grey
TheStorm
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Schrader was Folger's ride with Hendrick at that time... whoever drove for Junior Johnson and whoever drove for Woods Brothers.
Wolfer79
TheStorm said:

Schrader was Folger's ride with Hendrick at that time... whoever drove for Junior Johnson and whoever drove for Woods Brothers.

thank you
Bell Tower Grey
TheStorm said:

Neil Bonnett. Last one may be Buddy Baker, although not sure on that one.
Wolfer79
ncsupack1
Xfinity race should be fun one to watch...hate that JJ has COVID-19...sucks for him. But I think we all knew it was going to happen.
Wolfer79
NASCAR: Jimmie Johnson tests positive for coronavirus. A NASCAR driver tests positive and it's 7 time champion Jimmy Johnson who will miss his final chance to run Indianapolis as he is retiring after 2020 https://t.co/qV34THdhP3
Wolfer79
NASCAR
NASCAR Xfinity Series
Pennzoil 150, Indianapolis Motor Speedway, Indianapolis, IN
Race NBC, 3 p.m.

Countdown to Green NBC, 2 p.m.
Wolfer79
NASCAR industry execs are increasingly skeptical that @NYGovCuomo will grant the sport a quarantine waiver for the August @WGI weekend, which would put that race in serious doubt.

If the WGI weekend was canceled, @NASCAR could move the Cup race to a roval in the Southeast.

ncsupack1
Wolfer79 said:

NASCAR industry execs are increasingly skeptical that @NYGovCuomo will grant the sport a quarantine waiver for the August @WGI weekend, which would put that race in serious doubt.

If the WGI weekend was canceled, @NASCAR could move the Cup race to a roval in the Southeast.

If the governor up there doesn't want it, bring her down here. I personally love the ROVAL.
ncsupack1
Can't wait! Really excited to see the Xfinity cars on the road course.
TraCha4
I thought the last 10 laps of the Race today was awesome
ncsupack1
Agree, that was a fun one.
Wolfer79
NASCAR
NASCAR Cup Series
Brickyard 400, Indianapolis Motor Speedway, Indianapolis, IN
Race NBC, 4 p.m.

NASCAR America NBCSN, 3 p.m.
Countdown to Green NBCSN, 2:20 p.m.
NASCAR Cup Series Post-Race Show: Indianapolis NBCSN, 8 p.m.
ncsupack1
Race day! Having some cold beverages and getting ready. Anyone else going to watch?
PossumJenkins
Bell Tower Grey said:

TraCha4 said:

What's the best guess on who #48 replacement will be?
Brad K ?
Even though he drives for JR Motorsports, I would not be surprised at all to see Justin Allgaier get that ride.

Won't be Justin. Briscoe has to be in the convo with the way he's running. Reddick is in the convo and Toyota is gonna be a seat short at the end of this year. So Bell or Jones are probably gonna be odd man out and need a home.
Bell Tower Grey
PossumJenkins said:

Bell Tower Grey said:

TraCha4 said:

What's the best guess on who #48 replacement will be?
Brad K ?
Even though he drives for JR Motorsports, I would not be surprised at all to see Justin Allgaier get that ride.

Won't be Justin. Briscoe has to be in the convo with the way he's running. Reddick is in the convo and Toyota is gonna be a seat short at the end of this year. So Bell or Jones are probably gonna be odd man out and need a home.
Well, he got it for part of a race anyway.
ncsupack1
I don't see Briscoe since he is a Ford Performance guy.
Wolfer79
PossumJenkins
Ford has definitely put some money into him i agree. But if they don't have a seat for him he's got to go somewhere. Will depend what SHR decides to do with Bowyer.
ncsupack1
Agree, Clint is the big question. I think Chase takes over that ride. Jmo
Wolfer79
.@NBC earned a 2.67 rating and 4.34 million viewers for yesterday's NASCAR Cup Series @BigMachine Brickyard 400 @IMS.

That's up significantly from a 1.9 rating and 2.97 million for last year's Brickyard 400, though that race aired in September and was up against @NFL games.

Wolfer79
Yesterday's race was the most watched sports program on NBC since Vikings-Niners in January.

The race viewership of 4.343 million is up 32% from last year's corresponding calendar weekend, 3.288 million at Daytona, and up 46% from 2.974 million for last year's Brickyard 400.

ncsupack1
Good ratings.
TraCha4
I think Hendrick MS is going to have to fill the 48 seat with an established named driver. They went the developmental route with the 88 and 24. I just think they have to bring some firepower to the 48 seat to pair with C. Elliott. If not they will continue to fall further behind JGR from an on track perspective and a marketing perspective.
Wolfer79
ncsupack1
Agree...they need a veteran.
Wolfer79
ncsupack1 said:

Agree...they need a veteran.

do you think they might reach out to a recently retired driver?

after yesterday maybe Kenseth?
PossumJenkins
Won't be Kenseth (CGR reached out to Edwards and Jr for the fill in role before Kenseth so won't be either of them either and i don't know if any other recently retired guys you'd want)...and don't know that i agree the kids they got can't do it. Bowman has won two races and Byron is on the cusp. You also have to remember budgets aren't what they used to be and you get those kids for a tenth of the price of the veterans.

Not saying it won't be a veteran, but just pointing out the differences. As of now however, there is no leader in the clubhouse, and i have that on pretty good authority.
ncsupack1
Wouldn't think so, to be honest I have no idea, but could see RH getting a vet.
Wolfer79
.@NASCAR's Quarantine Waiver For Watkins Glen Race Appears Unlikely:

Daytona's road course is the most mentioned potential replacement circuit in play.

: https://t.co/EnfyhlyI1T https://t.co/yyMNRWTYee
Steve Williams
Staff
PossumJenkins said:

Won't be Kenseth (CGR reached out to Edwards and Jr for the fill in role before Kenseth so won't be either of them either and i don't know if any other recently retired guys you'd want)...and don't know that i agree the kids they got can't do it. Bowman has won two races and Byron is on the cusp. You also have to remember budgets aren't what they used to be and you get those kids for a tenth of the price of the veterans.

Not saying it won't be a veteran, but just pointing out the differences. As of now however, there is no leader in the clubhouse, and i have that on pretty good authority.
I know it won't happen but I'd love to see Allmendinger get a ride. I think he could be a force in good equipment.
PossumJenkins
I worked with AJ and enjoyed my time with him. He's a good dude and has remained that way...not the same can be said for all of them. Would have been interesting to see where his career would have gone without the release from Penske.
Wolfer79
NEWS: @JimmieJohnson has been cleared to return and will race this Sunday at Kentucky.

https://t.co/Dy8dZ2iIKU
Wolfer79
Cup schedule being floated around industry as potentially coming out tomorrow:
8/8 Michigan I
8/9 Michigan II
8/16 Daytona - Road Course
8/22 Dover I
8/23 Dover II
8/29 Daytona -Oval

Wolfer79

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.