NASCAR 2020/2021

79,085 Views | 1160 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Bell Tower Grey
Wolfer79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ncsupack1
metcalfmafia said:

I thought the race was boring as well. As someone who recently started watching, I enjoyed the shorter format races.

Watch Bristol coming up...the 600 is a different kind of race...jmo
metcalfmafia
ncsupack1 said:

metcalfmafia said:

I thought the race was boring as well. As someone who recently started watching, I enjoyed the shorter format races.

Educate me. I'm trying to get into it. What makes Bristol better?
Tootie4Pack
As a season ticket holder at Bristol for 25+ years, it is side by side , door banging, rubbing is racing excitement. Usually you can pass coming out of turns 2 and 4, but you have to be careful as not to ram the driver beside you or in front of you too hard or a wreck will happen.

Richmond is another short track that is fun to watch. But Bristol is short and is a concrete track with high banks in the turns that help to propel the driver out of the turn at a fast speed. Seeing a driver spin another driver out at Bristol is inevitable during a race.

And most short tracks have a lot of cautions due to the spins and rubbing each other too hard. And that is what makes the driver's tempers flare.
ncsupack1
metcalfmafia said:

ncsupack1 said:

metcalfmafia said:

Educate me. I'm trying to get into it. What makes Bristol better?

The 600 is a different kind of race. If your trying to get into racing like the other poster said, short tracks are cool...lots of beating and banging.
ncsupack1
Sounds like we will know 30 or so minutes from now...I say see y'all tomorrow night.
Whitetailpack
Looks like rain is ending as we speak.

How long does it take them to dry the track?
Whitetailpack
Postponed until tomorrow.
metcalfmafia
Whitetailpack said:

Had the Miller Lite ready and everything.
Wolfer79
Rain, rain go away!

Tonight's #NASCAR Cup Series race has been postponed.

Revised schedule:

Cup Series, Charlotte, Thurs., 7 PM ET, @FS1

Cup Series, Bristol, Sun., 3:30 PM ET, FS1/FOX Deportes

Xfinity Series, Bristol, Mon., 7 PM ET, FS1 https://t.co/XIvNpQxrxt
Wolfer79
metcalfmafia
metcalfmafia said:

Whitetailpack said:

I now have the Miller Lite ready for tonight.
ncsupack1
metcalfmafia said:

metcalfmafia said:

Whitetailpack said:

I now have the Miller Lite ready for tonight.

Got the Busch beer ready...gonna be a good one. Enjoy
Wolfer79
Chase Elliott wins tonight in Charlotte - his 7th career Cup Series victory at just 24 years old. The only drivers in NASCAR Cup Series history who have more wins before their 25th birthday are Kyle Busch, Jeff Gordon and Joey Logano.

Elliott won't turn 25 until November 28. https://t.co/KOHRUh5uSr
Tootie4Pack
Chase has had a really good week, especially when compared to last week. Looking forward to Bristol.
ncsupack1
Ready for Bristol, I think it's gonna be a good one.
Wolfer79
https://awfulannouncing.com/viewing-picks/viewing-picks-for-may-31-2020.html

NASCAR NASCAR Cup Series A Sponsored Race That Has a Name That's Too Long and the Race Goes 500 Miles, Bristol Motor Speedway, Bristol, TN Race
FS1, 2:30 p.m.

NASCAR Race Hub
FS1, 2 p.m.
https://nascar.nbcsports.com/2020/05/30/brad-keselowski-kevin-harvick-chase-elliott-denny-hamlin-nascar-sundays-cup-race-at-bristol-start-time-forecast-and-more/

Here are the details for Sunday's race:
(All times are Eastern)

START: Tennessee Gov. Bill Lee will give the command to start engines at 3:43 p.m.

The green flag is scheduled to wave at 3:53 p.m.

PRERACE: Garage access health screening begins at 7:30 a.m. (teams are assigned specific times). Engine prime and final adjustments at 1:30 p.m.

Drivers report to their cars at 3:20 p.m.

The invocation will be given at 3:35 p.m. by Mike Rife, pastor of Vansant Church of Christ in Vansant, Virginia.

The national anthem will be performed at 3:36 p.m. by Edwin McCain.

There will be a flyover at 3:37 p.m.

DISTANCE: The race is 500 laps (266.5 miles) around the 0.533-mile oval. STAGES:

Stage 1 ends on Lap 125.

Stage 2 ends on Lap 250.

TV/RADIO: FS1 will televise the race. Its coverage begins at 3 p.m.

Performance Racing Network will broadcast the race. Its broadcast begins at 2:30 p.m. and also can be heard at goprn.com and SiriusXM NASCAR Radio.

FORECAST: The wunderground.com forecast calls for sunny conditions with a high of 70 degrees and a zero percent chance of rain at the race's start.
Wolfer79
ICYMI: Last Sunday's NASCAR Coca-Cola 600 was the least-watched in at least 20 years: https://t.co/07hBDBcZV3
metcalfmafia
This race has been awesome. Y'all were right.
WarrenPeace
Damn Chase.
metcalfmafia
WarrenPeace said:

Damn Chase.

Car just got loose. Don't think he meant to.
TraCha4
Chase messed up. No doubt. Went in too hot and or possibly a tire going down from contact with 22 the turn earlier but man...... you got to love that kids aggressive style behind the wheel. He could care less about top 5's. All he cares about is WINS.
metcalfmafia
Yep. He earned a fan tonight.
BruceDouble
I've been looking for a new driver since Dale Jr retired. I think chase is my guy.
Steve Williams
Staff
That was a good race!
metcalfmafia
Steve Williams said:

That was a good race!

It was awesome man. Had a little bit of everything.
Tootie4Pack
A great place to go and see a race in person. The pictures of the stands and the parking lot being empty were kind of eerie, but the fans really get loud there. And because the track is in a hole in the ground, the roar from the cars all running at once is deafening.
ncsupack1
I thought overall it was a good race. Had something for everyone.
Wolfer79
Monday
June 1

NASCAR
NASCAR Xfinity Series
Cheddar's 300, Bristol Motor Speedway, Bristol, TN
Race FS1, 7 p.m.

NASCAR Race Hub FS1, 6 p.m.

Dale Jr. Download NBCSN, 7 p.m.
Wolfer79
NASCAR Cup race from Bristol on Sunday averaged 2.93 million viewers, marking the most-watched telecast on FS1 since the end of the 2019 ALCS and the most-watched Cup race on FS1 since Sonoma in June of 2017 (3.24 million)
ncsupack1
Wolfer79 said:

NASCAR Cup race from Bristol on Sunday averaged 2.93 million viewers, marking the most-watched telecast on FS1 since the end of the 2019 ALCS and the most-watched Cup race on FS1 since Sonoma in June of 2017 (3.24 million)

Not bad. Good to see those numbers.
ncsupack1
Dover is moving one of its dates to Nashville Superspeedway. Like it, looks like SMI, is trying to put pressure on Nashville to help and or pay to fix up the track at the fairgrounds.
Bell Tower Grey
ncsupack1 said:

Dover is moving one of its dates to Nashville Superspeedway. Like it, looks like SMI, is trying to put pressure on Nashville to help and or pay to fix up the track at the fairgrounds.
Interesting. I like this move as well. Now, if they'll just move Dover's other date back and refurbish Rockingham.
Wolfer79
NASCAR announced its third installment of the rebuilt 2020 schedule on Wednesday, a 23-race update that begins at Pocono Raceway on the final weekend in June and ends at New Hampshire Motor Speedway for a NASCAR Cup Series race on Aug. 2.

The final breakdown: seven points-paying NASCAR Cup Series races, six NASCAR Xfinity Series races, five NASCAR Gander RV & Outdoors Truck Series races and three ARCA Menards Series events. The schedule also includes the annual NASCAR All-Star Race and NASCAR All-Star Open, slated for July 15 (a Wednesday night) at Charlotte Motor Speedway with a format to be announced at a later date. The entire schedule is at the bottom of this article.

Indianapolis Motor Speedway, Kentucky Speedway, Texas Motor Speedway and Kansas Speedway will also host events during the homestretch in advance of the NASCAR Playoffs.

FOX will close out its NASCAR Cup Series season broadcasts with the All-Star Race in July. The Xfinity Series season on FOX platforms will conclude at Kentucky (July 10). FOX will continue to broadcast Gander Trucks events for the rest of the season.

NASCAR will welcome back NBC for its sixth consecutive year of coverage during the Fourth of July weekend at Indianapolis Motor Speedway.

Other notes:

The ARCA Menards Series will also race at Charlotte on July 15 at 4 p.m., setting up a tripleheader with the All-Star Open and All-Star Race to follow.

The anticipated Pocono doubleheader weekend remains as previously scheduled for the final weekend of June, with the Cup Series racing on back-to-back days.

The Xfinity Series will run races on consecutive days at Kentucky Speedway, the result of which will push the Cup Series race from its previously scheduled Saturday night to Sunday afternoon.

Kansas Speedway will host five races over a three-day stretch, starting with a Cup Series race under the lights on a Thursday night (July 23). Gander Trucks and ARCA race the next day, with Gander Trucks returning to kick-off a Saturday doubleheader with the Xfinity Series.

The NASCAR Cup Series is the only national series event to race at New Hampshire Motor Speedway. The NASCAR Xfinity Series race at Kentucky Speedway (July 9) has been realigned from New Hampshire Motor Speedway.

The ARCA Menards Series race at Kansas Speedway (July 24) has been realigned from Chicagoland Speedway.

The NASCAR Gander RV & Outdoors Trucks Series race at Kansas Speedway (July 25) is realigned from Chicagoland Speedway.

The NASCAR Xfinity Series race at Kansas Speedway (July 25) has been realigned from Iowa Speedway.

DATE TRACK SERIES DISTANCE NETWORK START (ET)
June 26 Pocono ARCA Menards 200 mi FS1 6 p.m.
June 27 Pocono Gander Trucks 150 mi FS1 12:30 p.m.
June 27 Pocono Cup 325 mi FOX 3:30 p.m.
June 28 Pocono Xfinity 225 mi FS1 12:30 p.m.
June 28 Pocono Cup 350 mi FS1 4 p.m.
July 4 Indianapolis Xfinity 151 mi NBC 3 p.m.
July 5 Indianapolis Cup 400 mi NBC 4 p.m.
July 9 Kentucky Xfinity 200 mi FS1 8 p.m.
July 10 Kentucky Xfinity 300 mi FS1 8 p.m.
July 11 Kentucky Gander Trucks 225 mi FS1 1 p.m.
July 12 Kentucky Cup 400 mi FS1 2:30 p.m.
July 15 Charlotte ARCA Menards 150 mi FS1 4 p.m.
July 15 Charlotte Cup (All-Star Open) TBA FS1 7 p.m.
July 15 Charlotte Cup (All-Star Race) TBA FS1 8:30 p.m.
July 18 Texas Xfinity 300 mi NBCSN 3 p.m.
July 18 Texas Gander Trucks 250 mi FS1 8 p.m.
July 19 Texas Cup 501 mi NBCSN 3 p.m.
July 23 Kansas Cup 400 mi NBCSN 7:30 p.m.
July 24 Kansas Gander Trucks 200 mi FS1 7 p.m.
July 24 Kansas ARCA Menards 150 mi FS1 10 p.m.
July 25 Kansas Gander Trucks 200 mi FS1 1:30 p.m.
July 25 Kansas Xfinity 250 mi NBCSN 5 p.m.
Aug. 2 New Hampshire Cup 318 mi
ncsupack1
I'm ready! Love it!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.