NASCAR 2020/2021

79,258 Views | 1160 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Bell Tower Grey
ncsupack1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Best of luck to them. Not gonna be easy.
caryking
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Bell Tower Grey
Wolfer79 said:

Seems it wasn't included in the video clip, but it would have been nice to hear the young man at least say "thank you".
WarrenPeace
Wolfer79 said:

Dude has dominated Late Model Stock cars over the last year. Glad he's getting this opportunity. He deserves it.
Wolfer79

NASCAR Kansas ratings at broadcast TV low
by Paulsen 5 mins ago
NASCAR Darlington ratings rebound from last year's late night low

Its declines no longer stand out in an era of record-low sports ratings, but NASCAR remains on a downward trajectory.

Last Sunday's NASCAR Cup Series playoff race at Kansas averaged a 1.5 rating and 2.51 million viewers on NBC, marking the lowest rated Cup Series race on broadcast television since at least 2000 and the least-watched since at least 2001 (excluding makeup races). The previous lows were a 1.6 and 2.57 million for Pocono on FOX in June.

Joey Logano's win also averaged the lowest rating and viewership ever for the fall Kansas race (dates back to 2001). Ratings declined 25% and viewership 24% from last year (2.0, 3.30M), marking the steepest year-over-year declines since the previous Kansas race in July (-25% in ratings and -32% in viewership).

Kansas was the sixth-straight Cup Series race to decline to a new low, joining Richmond, Bristol, Talladega, Charlotte and the three-year-old race at Las Vegas.

In other action, the Xfinity Series race at Kansas averaged a 0.43 and 697,000 on NBCSN last Saturday night down 53% in ratings and 47% in viewership from last year on the NBC broadcast network (0.9, 1.32M). It trailed the Truck Series race there earlier in the day, which averaged a 0.57 and 892,000 on the FOX broadcast network.

Lowest rated, least-watched NASCAR races on broadcast TV
This year's races highlighted

Lowest rated (dates back to 2000) Least-watched (dates back to 2001)
# YEAR GAME RTG NET # YEAR GAME VWRS NET
1 2020 Kansas (fall) 1.5 NBC 1 2020 Kansas (fall) 2.511M NBC
2 2020 Pocono (Sat.) 1.6 FOX 2 2019 Phoenix (fall) 2.567M NBC
2019 Phoenix (fall) 1.6 NBC 3 2020 Pocono (Sat.) 2.570M FOX
4 2020 Charlotte (fall) 1.7 NBC 4 2018 Kansas (fall) 2.748M NBC
2019 Richmond (spr.) 1.7 FOX 5 2020 Homestead 2.775M FOX
2018 Kansas (fall) 1.7 NBC 6 2020 Charlotte (fall) 2.778M NBC
5 2020 Homestead 1.8 FOX 7 2019 Richmond (spr.) 2.787M FOX
2019 Charlotte (fall) 1.8 NBC 8 2017 Charlotte (fall) 2.859M NBC
2018 Richmond (spr.) 1.8 FOX 9 2019 Brickyard 2.969M NBC
2017 Charlotte (fall) 1.8 NBC 10 2019 Charlotte (fall) 3.024M NBC
[Nielsen estimates from ShowBuzz Daily 10.24]

Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Bell Tower Grey
Wolfer79 said:

Burton had a hell of a run to catch and pass Gragson. Wonder how many laps more were on Gragson's tires than Burton's?
ncsupack1
Good question, I listened on the radio and can't remember what was said, if anything. Nice day of racing today starting at 12 with the trucks.....looks like I'm not doing much today other than a few beers and racing. Nice way to spend a Sunday.
Steve Williams
Staff
The end of that race was kinda bizarre to me. I almost thought Gragson let up like maybe he thought he had already crossed the start-finish line. It was just really weird. Funny as heck though when he dropped the F bomb during the post race interview....oops, my bad.
Wolfer79
What time does the NASCAR race start today?
Date: Sunday, Oct. 25
Start time: 3:30 p.m. ET
The Round of 8 NASCAR playoff race at Texas on Sunday should begin at about 3:30 p.m. ET.

The race is 334 laps spread over three stages and will become official after Lap 167. The distance of the race is 501 miles.

Kevin Harvick and Denny Hamlin each have three career wins at Texas.

What channel is NASCAR on today?
TV channel: NBCSN
Live stream: NBC Sports Go | fuboTV (7-day free trial)
The crucial race at Texas will be shown on NBCSN not NBC in a somewhat confounding move given the stakes of the occasion. While NBCSN is part of many cable packages, showing the race on NBC proper would have likely been able to expand viewership.
ncsupack1
Truck race has been pretty good...also....the 19 is gonna point their way out of the 4....Truex that is.
Wolfer79
ncsupack1
Couldn't happen to a better group...
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
NEWS: Today's race has been postponed due to inclement weather at @TXMotorSpeedway.

The #AutotraderEchoPark500 will resume Monday, October 26 at 10 AM ET/7 AM PT on NBCSN. https://t.co/mLhwQRosdA
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
NEWS: The resumption of the #AutotraderEchoPark500 has been postponed due to inclement weather at @TXMotorSpeedway.

The race will resume Tuesday, October 27 at 12 PM ET/9 AM PT on NBCSN. https://t.co/H8CxcfuJfG
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
hearing 830 start on NBCSN
Wolfer79
Wolfer79

Resumption of Texas race postponed to 3pm ET Wednesday (weather forecast more favorable in afternoon/evening). NBCSN. #nascar
ncsupack1
What a crazy couple of days down there. I'm just ready to watch a race. Feel bad for everybody down there.
Wolfer79
ncsupack1 said:

What a crazy couple of days down there. I'm just ready to watch a race. Feel bad for everybody down there.

I asked someone who has contacts with some of the crews how long they will wait, he said until Thursday
ncsupack1
Wolfer79 said:

ncsupack1 said:

I asked someone who has contacts with some of the crews how long they will wait, he said until Thursday

I can see that, at some point NASCAR and tv has to head back to get Martinsville set up.
Steve Williams
Staff
If you're a NASCAR fan, the Dale Jr podcasts that they've shown on NBCSN are really, really good. Love hearing different stories about some of the older racers.
Wolfer79
Adam Stern

@TeamHendrick announces @KyleLarsonRacin as the driver of the No. 5 Chevy starting in 2021.

Larson was HMS' No. 1 choice for the slot heading into the season, sources said, and the organization ultimately still got its man following his comeback efforts the past six months. https://t.co/1FH8OFfQhG
PossumJenkins
Worst kept secret in the garage finally announced. Larson signed by HMS

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.