NASCAR 2020/2021

79,300 Views | 1160 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Bell Tower Grey
Wolfer79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TheStorm
Wolfer79 said:

Great.
Wolfer79
TheStorm said:

Wolfer79 said:

Great.

bifocal fail
Wolfer79
Adam Stern

.@CookOut has signed on as the new official QSR of Darlington Raceway, replacing @Bojangles.

Cook Out gets a couple asphalt logos, a trackside billboard and four wall signs, plus the right to run Darlington-branded point of sale promotions/sweepstakes/digital campaigns. https://t.co/Kq2w30uys3
Wolfer79
Bell Tower Grey
Wolfer79 said:

That's neat. Good to see things like that. I wish teams would focus more on car appearances like that instead of what seems to be only a 3 or 4 design template.

There again, all the cars look alike, so why not their wrap schemes....
ncsupack1
Cool looking car.
Wolfer79
Adam Stern

Several teams are advocating for @NASCAR to schedule a significant number of next year's Cup races as one-day shows, given the continued uncertainty and financial issues from coronavirus.

Industry stakeholders (league/track/media partners) would need to agree to the move. https://t.co/OEsCTk6dFB
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Sports Media Watch

NASCAR Daytona "Roval" is lowest rated race at the track since at least 1997 and least-watched since at least 2000 (including makeup races).

Having said that, a solid draw under the circumstances. Topped a competitive sports weekend. https://t.co/JAIwbVgJrJ

Sunday's NASCAR Cup Series Daytona road race averaged a 2.0 rating and 3.24 million viewers on NBC, marking the lowest rated race at Daytona since at least 1997 and the least-watched since at least 2000, including makeup races.

There are a number of caveats to that statistic. The race was a late addition to the schedule after New York barred NASCAR from racing at Watkins Glen; it was an entirely new event with none of the tradition of the Daytona 500 or Firecracker 400; and it was the first Daytona race since 1981 that did not either kick off the season or take place over the July 4 holiday.

As such, there are no real apples-to-apples comparisons. The closest is to last year's second Daytona race, which also aired on a Sunday on NBC. Ratings fell a tick and viewership 1% (from 3.29M), but that was a makeup race and as such below typical levels. Compared to the previous year's race, which was run as scheduled on a Saturday night, ratings fell 26% (from 2.7) and viewership 27% (from 4.44M).

Another comparison is to the Watkins Glen race it replaced. Ratings jumped 18% and viewership 19% from last year's 1.7 and 2.72 million, but that race aired on NBCSN. Compared to the 2018 Watkins Glen race on NBC, ratings and viewership fell 13% and 12% respectively from a 2.3 and 3.67 million.

Compared to another oval-turned-road course, ratings and viewership topped last year's Charlotte "Roval" by 9% and 7% respectively (1.8, 3.02M). Compared to the "Roval" debut in 2018, ratings were flat and viewership inched up 1% (from 3.22M). Keep in mind Charlotte's "Roval" has to compete with NFL games.

For the season, Sunday's race ranks as the highest rated and most-watched race since the Brickyard 400 on July 4 weekend (2.7, 4.34M). Not coincidentally, it was also the first race since the Brickyard to air on broadcast television.

Notably, Daytona was the highest rated and most-watched sportscast of a weekend that included an NBA playoff play-in game, the Stanley Cup Playoffs, and the end of the PGA Tour regular season. It ranked second behind the NBA game in adults 18-49.
Wolfer79
TheStorm
Wolfer79 said:

Love it.
Wolfer79
ncsupack1
I'll say this....these Darlington cars look sick....love it....can't wait to be there!
Wolfer79
.@TeamHendrick will run Jimmie Johnson tribute throwbacks on its other three cars at Darlington next month.

The No. 9 is from '09; 24 is from '13 All-Star Race; and 88 is from '06.

Wolfer79
The Joliet (Ill.) Plan Commission today rejected with a 7-0 vote @NASCAR's plan to allow warehouses to be built on the grounds of @ChicagolndSpdwy.

- Track President Scott Paddock: "This is not over."

Wolfer79
.@CoreyLaJoie confirms he is out @GoFasRacing32 after this season.

@jim_utter was on it first yesterday.

ncsupack1
Hope he finds a good ride. Good kid with a big future.
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
ncsupack1
JMO...but I think JJ is done...wish home the best, but I don't see him winning again.
Wolfer79
ncsupack1 said:

JMO...but I think JJ is done...wish home the best, but I don't see him winning again.

you underestimate NASCAR
Wolfer79
TheStorm
Wolfer79 said:

ncsupack1 said:

you underestimate NASCAR
Well, they weren't able to do it for either Gordon or Junior during their farewell tours...
ncsupack1
TheStorm said:

Wolfer79 said:

ncsupack1 said:

you underestimate NASCAR
Well, they weren't able to do it for either Gordon or Junior during their farewell tours...
I'm not worried about NASCAR, heck they took his second place finish away. But I get your point.
Wolfer79
Today's second leg of the Dover doubleheader has the same start time as yesterday's first leg 4 p.m. ET. Which is an hour later than the originally scheduled start time for the Dover Cup Series race on Aug. 23. This is the result of NASCAR squeezing six races (including an ARCA race, a Truck Series race and two Xfinity Series races) into the same weekend at the same track.

The TV networks also prefer later start times for NASCAR races, and the TV channel for Sunday's Cup Series race at Dover is NBCSN.

Below is all you need to know about the schedule for Sunday's NASCAR race at Dover and beyond.

What time does the NASCAR race start today?
Race: Drydene 311 at Dover International Speedway
Date: Sunday, Aug. 23
Start time: 4 p.m. ET
The green flag for Sunday's NASCAR Cup Series race at Dover will wave shortly after 4 p.m. ET, assuming there are no rain delays as there have been so often since NASCAR returned to live racing in May.

Dover International Speedway does not have lights, so a weather delay would threaten to postpone Sunday's race to Monday if it lasts long enough.

The good news regarding NASCAR's chances of getting Sunday's Dover race in as scheduled is it is relatively short 311 laps around the one-mile speedy concrete oval.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sportingnews.com/us/amp/nascar/news/nascar-start-time-channel-dover-sunday/1t7epilzllhgi1i448e4w85o1o
Wolfer79
Sunday, August 23

1:00 p.m. NASCAR Xfinity Series Drydene 200: (MRN/NBCSN) Xfinity Stages: 45 / 90 / 200
4:00 p.m. NASCAR Cup Series Drydene 311: (MRN/NBCSN) Cup Stages: 70 / 185 / 311
ncsupack1
Xfinity race so far is gonna get interesting with such a long green flag run.
Bell Tower Grey
Wolfer79 said:

ncsupack1 said:

you underestimate NASCAR
ncsupack1
Harvick wraps up the regular season. Daytona should be something next weekend. Some good drivers at the cut off line.
Wolfer79
Adam Stern

.@CookOut has decided to buy Darlington Raceway's vacant Southern 500 race entitlement after seeing a strong response to its announcement last week that it had become the track's official QSR. https://t.co/num87N1psw
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Sports Media Watch

NASCAR Dover ratings:
-- Sunday race up despite Indy 500 competition (last year's race faced the NFL)
-- First race to increase since Kentucky last month
-- Both races rank among the nine least-watched Cup Series telecasts in the past 20 years
https://t.co/XB9JzQMq4j

Sunday's race two of the NASCAR Cup Series doubleheader at Dover averaged a 1.2 rating and 1.95 million viewers on NBCSN, up a tick in ratings and 7% in viewership from last year, when the race aired opposite NFL games (1.1, 1.83M). This year's race overlapped for an hour with the competing Indy 500 on NBC (2.3, 3.66M).

Kevin Harvick's win was first race to increase over last year since Kentucky on FS1 last month

Race one on Saturday averaged a 1.1 and 1.77 million, marking the smallest Cup Series audience at Dover since at least 2001 (excluding rainouts).

Both races rank among the ten least-watched Cup Series telecasts since at least 2000, with Saturday's race ranking fifth and Sunday's ninth. The five least-watched Cup Series races, and six of the bottom nine, have taken place this season alone.
Wolfer79
Wolfer79

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.