NASCAR 2020/2021

79,215 Views | 1160 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Bell Tower Grey
Wolfer79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
metcalfmafia said:

Why is the race at 3 anyway?

tv?
metcalfmafia
Wolfer79 said:

metcalfmafia said:

Why is the race at 3 anyway?

tv?

I guess for the west coast fans.
ncsupack1
It's all about TV...getting old
metcalfmafia
Probably gonna be delayed to tomorrow.
Wolfer79
metcalfmafia said:

Probably gonna be delayed to tomorrow.

NEWS: Today's race has been postponed due to inclement weather at @TalladegaSuperS.

The #GEICO500 will move to Monday, June 22 at 3 PM ET/12 PM PT on FOX. https://t.co/0EImRDvGNz
Wolfer79
ncsupack1
Well...something to do tomorrow...
PossumJenkins
The infield at Dega is not the place to be for the race...it is however a true bucket list item for the two nights leading up to the race!
metcalfmafia
I wanna go to Dega too. Not sure how my wife would feel about the mud wrestling though LOL
Bell Tower Grey
metcalfmafia said:

I wanna go to Dega too. Not sure how my wife would feel about the mud wrestling though LOL
I'd suggest you ask her before you enter her into the event.
Steve Williams
Staff
Bell Tower Grey said:

metcalfmafia said:

LOL!
metcalfmafia
Bell Tower Grey said:

metcalfmafia said:

No telling what she'd do after too many Miller Lites LOL
PossumJenkins
Noose found in Bubba Wallace's garage stall today. For a sport I've spent so much of my career in and for some of my very best friends in the world who are black showing up at the track tmr to do their jobs...my heart just hurts...
ncsupack1
Has to be someone from the inside, I mean aren't these garages closed to most during COVID-19? Interesting and sad to say the least.
Wolfer79
NASCAR
NASCAR Cup Series
Geico 500, Talladega Superspeedway, Talladega, AL
Race Fox, 3 p.m.

NASCAR Race4 Hub FS1, 6 p.m.
PackBacker07
PossumJenkins said:

Noose found in Bubba Wallace's garage stall today. For a sport I've spent so much of my career in and for some of my very best friends in the world who are black showing up at the track tmr to do their jobs...my heart just hurts...

****ing despicable.
Wolfer79
raining again
metcalfmafia
Team Penske is poised to finish this thing out. Blaney with a hell of a save. I'm rooting for him.
Colonel Armstrong
What a finish! Really exciting racing down the stretch
Bell Tower Grey
ncsupack1 said:

Has to be someone from the inside, I mean aren't these garages closed to most during COVID-19? Interesting and sad to say the least.
True. I would imagine the security cameras in the garage would have recorded those responsible. Identifying them, if they were masked, may be difficult if not impossible.
Steve Williams
Staff
I know some don't but I love the super speedway races. Really cool to see guys you don't usually see running up front with the big boys. Great finish today. Still think the 10 may have won if he hadn't got spun. He had a ton of momentum coming out of 4.
Packchem91
Steve Williams said:

I know some don't but I love the super speedway races. Really cool to see guys you don't usually see running up front with the big boys. Great finish today. Still think the 10 may have won if he hadn't got spun. He had a ton of momentum coming out of 4.
Yeah, I get why the drivers don't, but fans clearly love the pack racing. Watching a line from up as a freight train and come from 7-10 cars back and pass them all to even up with the low line is amazing, if somewhat "contrived"

And that finish....my goodness. Blaney pushing the 20 car up into the wall in a block that was worthy of any good video game, and then the 10 car crossing the finish line backwards...that slo-mo shot was just awesome.
metcalfmafia
Blaney had a hell of a finish. Won that thing for his buddy Bubba.
Packchem91
metcalfmafia said:

Blaney had a hell of a finish. Won that thing for his buddy Bubba.
And I think the images of the drivers and crews all gathered around Bubba's car to start, and then him going to the handful of black fans there and shaking there hands after, will be two of the top seminal moments in American sports in 2020...in a year where we sorely need them
Wolfer79
John Ourand

Saturday TV Sports:
* Belmont Stakes on NBC: 3.329 million viewers;
* RBC Heritage 3rd Round on CBS: 1.822 million viewers;
* NASCAR Xfinity on FS1: 998,000 viewers;
* UFC Fight Night on ESPN: 912,000 viewers;
* Wolverhampton-West Ham on NBC: 716,000 viewers.
Wolfer79
John Ourand

Sunday TV Sports
* NASCAR Race Hub on Fox: 1.433 million viewers.
* NASCAR Talladega rain coverage on Fox: 2.059 million viewers;
* RBC Heritage final round on CBS: 2.044 million viewers;
* Everton-Liverpool on NBC: 997,000 viewers;
* Chelsea-Aston Villa on NBCSN: 612,000 viewers
BruceDouble
Wolfer79 said:

John Ourand

Saturday TV Sports:
* Belmont Stakes on NBC: 3.329 million viewers;
* RBC Heritage 3rd Round on CBS: 1.822 million viewers;
* NASCAR Xfinity on FS1: 998,000 viewers;
* UFC Fight Night on ESPN: 912,000 viewers;
* Wolverhampton-West Ham on NBC: 716,000 viewers.

I thoroughly enjoyed watching(casually gambling) on sports this past weekend. Almost felt like a normal sports weekend.

Haven't watched this much NASCAR in probably 15 years. Typically I only pay a lot of attention to the major golf tournaments, but it's been cool to see the stacked fields play the last two weekends.
Wolfer79
Tropical Storm #Dolly Advisory 5: Dolly Forms Over the North Atlantic. Still Expected to Become Post-Tropical On Wednesday. https://t.co/VqHn0u1vgc
Wolfer79
Adam Stern

.@FoxTV earned a 2.2 overnight rating for yesterday's rescheduled NASCAR Cup Series race at Talladega.

That's up from a 1.8 for the prior week's race at Homestead.

Top five markets:
1) Greensboro - 5.1
2) Charlotte - 4.9
3) Indy - 4.4
4) Columbus - 4.2
5) Cincinnati- 3.8 https://t.co/rZ4Euw8sU9
Wolfer79
PossumJenkins said:

metcalfmafia
Had a feeling it was heading in that direction. "Misunderstanding."
packgrad
Not the least bit surprised it was nothing.
ncsupack1
Wow...this is why you wait for the facts.
Colonel Armstrong
It got a bunch of people to watch NASCAR who wouldn't normally so that's good.
Wolfblood
How did this happen?

How do you mistake a rope attached to a garage door for a noose? NASCAR has become too technical to have that many fools working on these crews. You can't be that stupid and still comprehend the technology required to excel on the job.

So it took an FBI investigation for NASCAR and these crew members to realize that every garage door has the exact same rope attached to it to manually pull the door back down.

Why was it necessary for NASCAR and Wallace to blast this story out so quickly at a time when they knew it would dominate the national news coverage and inflame the already raw racial tensions permeating the country?

Seems very dangerous. I figured they already had the perp on video considering their strong push to expose this evil racist that was working amongst them. They didn't.

Maybe King Leary is right and it worked to bring in viewers that might not have tuned in without the racial controversy. If so, maybe I'm wrong and kudos to NASCAR.

Hopefully moving forward there will be more proof in cases like this before they are spread throughout the media. Being called a racist without proof is bad enough, but to be accused of being a noose toting racist is altogether another thing.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.