NASCAR 2020/2021

79,147 Views | 1160 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Bell Tower Grey
Wolfer79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
.@JRMotorsports today will announce that @Sam_Mayer_ will return to the team next year to make his NASCAR Xfinity Series debut in the second half of the 2021 season.

The plan is for Mayer to run full time in 2022.

Wolfer79
Camping World Holdings today will announce that it will change the entitlement brand of NASCAR's Truck Series back to @CampingWorld after a two-year stint with @GanderRV.

@MarcusLemonis said that Gander's stint "definitely achieved its goal" to grow awareness of the brand.

Wolfer79
ncsupack1
Ready for Bristol.
Steve Williams
Staff
Wolfer79 said:

Absolutely agree with this.
ncsupack1
+2
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
NASCAR Gander RV & Outdoors Truck Series
UNOH 200, Bristol Motor Speedway, Bristol, TN
Race FS1, 7:30 p.m.
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79 said:

Race tonight is 730 start on NBCSN

ESPN has Rockets vs Lakers game 5 at 8pm

ABC has Clemson vs Wake Forest at 730

Fox has Astros vs Dodgers at 8

NBC has Golden Knights vs Stars at 8pm

the families of the drivers may be only ones watching

NASCAR Richmond ratings flat, viewership down just 2% despite heftier competition
-- Among five least-watched Cup Series races since at least 2000
-- Six least-watched have come this season

NASCAR Richmond viewership hit a new low, though the numbers fell only slightly from last year.

Last Saturday's NASCAR Cup Series playoff race from Richmond (Va.) averaged a 1.05 rating and 1.74 million viewers on NBCSN, marking the least-watched race at the track since at least 2001. Ratings were flat and viewership down just 2% from last year (1.05, 1.78M).

The race faced unusual competition from playoff games in the NBA (Rockets-Lakers Game 5: 1.9, 3.72M) and NHL (Golden Knights-Stars Game 4: 0.9, 1.68M), as well as more typical September fare MLB on FOX (mostly Astros-Dodgers: 0.9, 1.64M) and ABC's Saturday Night Football (Clemson-Wake Forest: 2.0, 3.46M).

Earlier in the day, the NASCAR Xfinity Series race at Richmond averaged a 0.48 and 766,000 on NBCSN up 20% in ratings and 21% respectively from last year's Friday night race (0.40, 631K).

Wolfer79
ncsupack1
Pretty good weekend of racing coming up. Missed the truck race last night but looking forward to what's coming up.
Wolfer79
NASCAR
NASCAR Xfinity Series
Food City 300, Bristol Motor Speedway, Bristol, TN
Race NBCSN, 7 p.m.

Countdown to Green NBCSN, 6:30 p.m.
Xfinity Series Post Race Show NBCSN, 9 p.m.
Wolfer79
Adam Stern

.@NASCAR, Speedway Motorsports and other industry stakeholders are discussing the possibility of running a dirt track race at Bristol in the coming years, per sources, though talks are in the early stages.

@BMSupdates first did this with @WorldOfOutlaws in 2000 and 2001.

ncsupack1
Wow...interesting.
Glasswolf
ncsupack1 said:

Wow...interesting.
It would be. Very few of the modern day drivers cut their teeth on dirt unlike the stars of the past. ARCA still runs some dirt tracks..It would be interesting
Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

Tootie4Pack
Wolfer79 said:

Adam Stern

.@NASCAR, Speedway Motorsports and other industry stakeholders are discussing the possibility of running a dirt track race at Bristol in the coming years, per sources, though talks are in the early stages.

@BMSupdates first did this with @WorldOfOutlaws in 2000 and 2001.

This picture of the Bristol track is very familiar to me. For over 20 years, my season tickets had this exact view. Kulwicki Grandstands, Section M, Row 52, Seats 12-15. An incredible view of the entire track.

On the last few years , was very easy to get front stretch tickets , Start/Finish line or just one section over. About 50 rows up. Great seats, too. And loud.....very loud. But a helluva place to see a NASCAR race. The night race is the best !!
Wolfer79
Saturday

NASCAR
730pm
NBCSN

NBA playoffs
Celtics vs Heat
8pm
ESPN

Stanley Cup Finals
730pm
Stars vs Lightning
NBC

college football
7:30 pm
Miami-FL at Louisville
ABC

NASCAR
you need to stop season by Labor Day
from casual NASCAR fan
Wolfer79

Kevin Harvick's 9th win of 2020 is his new single-season best, topping 8 victories in 2018. With 7 races remaining he can still set career best marks for top 5's and 10's. He's at 19 and 24, aiming for 23 (twice) and 20 (2018).
ncsupack1
Great day yesterday to tailgate and watch a race. Weather was great and had a great time. Lot of butt hurt 18 fans after words...
Wolfer79
Jeff Glueck

Kyle Busch notable quotes from his postrace media session:

On Logano: "He's nobody's friend for a reason."

On the "dip**** kids" who got in the way tonight: "Nothing like a Gase and a Smithley."

On what's next: "We'll be eliminated next round."
TraCha4
Kyle Busch is such a sour little dick. He can drive but I hate his attitude. I can't imagine he has many friends either.
Wolfer79
Four drivers were eliminated from the 2020 NASCAR Cup Series Playoffs after Saturday's race at Bristol Motor Speedway, as the postseason field was trimmed from 16 drivers to 12.

Read on for a full update on the standings and results.

Eliminated drivers
William Byron, No. 24 Hendrick Motorsports Chevrolet
Cole Custer, No. 41 Stewart-Haas Racing Ford
Matt DiBenedetto, No. 21 Wood Brothers Racing Ford
Ryan Blaney, No. 12 Team Penske Ford

Advancing to the Round of 12
* Note: This will be updated with the official points and standings.

1. Kevin Harvick, No. 4 Stewart-Haas Racing Ford: 3,067 points
2. Denny Hamlin, No. 11 Joe Gibbs Racing Toyota: 3,048 points
3. Brad Keselowski, No. 2 Team Penske Ford: 3,035 points
4. Joey Logano, No. 22 Team Penske Ford: 3,022 points
5. Chase Elliott, No. 9 Hendrick Motorsports Chevrolet: 3,021 points
6. Martin Truex Jr., No. 19 Joe Gibbs Racing Toyota: 3,016 points
7. Alex Bowman, No. 88 Hendrick Motorsports Chevrolet: 3,009 points
8. Austin Dillon, No. 3 Richard Childress Racing Chevrolet: 3,005 points
9. Aric Almirola, No. 10 Stewart-Haas Racing Ford: 3,005 points
10. Kyle Busch, No. 18 Joe Gibbs Racing Toyota: 3,004 points
11. Clint Bowyer, No. 14 Stewart-Haas Racing Ford: 3,004 points
12. Kurt Busch, No. 1 Chip Ganassi Racing Chevrolet: 3,001 points

https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.nascar.com/news-media/2020/09/19/advancing-through-the-nascar-playoffs-round-of-12-set/amp/
Wolfer79
ncsupack1
Agree. Not a way to make friends. Those lap cars can also help...
Wolfer79
Adam Stern

.@RossChastain has been the favorite to fill the No. 42 in recent weeks after talks with Bubba Wallace slowed, and @Jim_Utter says it's a done deal for Chastain with an announcement expected today. https://t.co/UJlVnkDvWt
TraCha4
^ wow. That's very interesting. Definitely didn't see that coming.

I have a feeling BW is going to end up on the Hendrick team. He is walking around with a bag full of money and sponsorships. In today's economy that trumps driver talent on the track.
ncsupack1
TraCha4 said:

^ wow. That's very interesting. Definitely didn't see that coming.

I have a feeling BW is going to end up on the Hendrick team. He is walking around with a bag full of money and sponsorships. In today's economy that trumps driver talent on the track.
My guess is that Bowman to the 48 and BW going in the 88. The 88 needs sponsors and the 48 is set. Makes since to me. My only thought is I don't know how the relationship between RH and BW will go.
TraCha4
I tend to agree. Bowman to the 48. The 9 and 48 are top of the food chain at HM. I guess the 24 is next in line so Byron stays in that seat which leaves the 88 open for BW since sponsorships are needed.
ncsupack1
Agree. Just my take, Dave Moody mentioned a couple of weeks ago about BW that things are never what they seem....most people had BW going to CGR...
TraCha4
So what's all the talk about Hamlin starting his own race team. Have you heard or read anything about that? Is he potentially leaving JGR?
Wolfer79
TraCha4 said:

So what's all the talk about Hamlin starting his own race team. Have you heard or read anything about that? Is he potentially leaving JGR?

Hamlin is trying to get waiver to drive for one team and own another team
ncsupack1
Just rumors is all I've heard. I don't see DH leaving JGR.....but who knows? DH could start a team and have BW drive for him in a Toyota...That is something that I've heard, but just rumors. Also, with a new car coming why start new next year? Wait a year with a new car coming...seems like a waste of money to start a new team next year.
TraCha4
Just read on Yahoo that Hamlin and Jordan looking to start a team. #23 car with BW driving.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.